Waterproofing

Reviews for Cornerstone Waterproofing

Dave B. Bayview & Eglinton
Dave B. Bayview & Eglinton

Basement Lowering

My wife and I just had our first child a few months ago, and it became quickly evident that after the arrival of our son that we were going to need more space as we both work from home. Our options were to add on to the back of the house or utilize the basement space that was there. Like most north Toronto homes, our basement was wavy and not as low as we would have liked it to be with very bulky columns supporting our main beam, but fortunately we saw the potential in it. We had several quotes on benching, underpinning etc., but it was Cornerstone that suggested that it may be wise to simply flatten the floor, remove the columns and replace them with steel posts and to have the pluming moved to where we wanted it. This solution saved us thousands of dollars and still provided us with a very acceptable 6'8" clearance and provided an additional 600 sq. feet of living space for our family. They were always on time, and very professional and kept me informed about the inspection process. While I wish that the finished floor could be even flatter, I understand that it was the drains that dictated the slop. I would recommend Cornerstone to anyone.

Thank you for your review Dave!

MIke from Toronto
MIke from Toronto

New front basement wall

Sevario and his team rebuilt our front basement wall in the fall of 2012. They did, in short, a terrific job. What was once a crumbling 100-year old mess was replaced by a smart looking, strong new concrete block wall. We've dealt with other waterproofing people before and we won't ever bother again with anyone but Sevario. His team were hard working and efficient and were respectful and polite.Let's face it, I doubt that most people would want to rebuild a basement wall when a new kitchen, say, would be much nicer. But we had to do it, and Sevario and his team did a great job. Hire this guy and his team!

Thank you for your review Mike!

Melanie Ward from Toronto
Melanie Ward from Toronto

Waterproofing inside and out

416-879-4593
Toronto
M4J 1P9

We've had Savario and his crew in for two jobs over the past two years to do some waterproofing work both outside and inside of our home when outside waterproofing wasn't possible. They have been so fantastic to work with - finish the job according to estimates, on time, courteous, reasonable cost and pay attention to details. This was especially true when the inside waterproofing was necessary since it meant taking out drywall and flooring. Savario was great with recommending a sump pump and a city program for a rebate for the work we needed to do. I would highly recommend Cornerstone.

Thank you for your review Melanie! All the best!

Leslie Hubel from Toronto
Leslie Hubel from Toronto

waterproofing & lower basement

I have had Cornerstone Waterproofing work on my house on two occasions. Once to waterproof the leaks in the basement and the second time to lower the basement for renovations. Savario and his crew are knowledgeable and efficient and polite. I highly recommend them as they work is also top notch!

Hi Leslie and Rick, thanks for taking the time to leave a review, I appreciate it! It was a pleasure working for you both!

Andrew in Toronto
Andrew in Toronto

Garage Floor

Cornerstone recently completed a new garage floor for me, and I'm very pleased with the entire experience. Saverio and his crew were all very friendly, straight forward and easy to work with. The work was completed exactly as described in the contract, and quickly. They started the day they said they would and worked every day until it was complete. I mentioned to Saverio I was concerned about cats, skunks, racoons & squirrels walking through the new wet concrete, only to come home and find the garage baracaded off with temporary fencing he had errected. That's an example of the care Saverio takes and customer service he provides. I would highly recommend Cornerstone to anyone looking for a no hassle contractor who does excellent work.

Hi Andrew, thank you for a great review! We always try to provide the best service possible including doing the little things that will make the job less stressful for our customers.

Diana in Toronto
Diana in Toronto

Basement renovation

What a wonderful experience we had with Saverio. He was professional and efficient. He handled all aspects of our reno and we were pleased to leave matters entirely in his hands.
We highly recommend him; his follow-up work has been greatly appreciated.

Hi Diana and Marco, thank you for your review! And thank you for giving us the opportunity to rectify the situation as we always stand behind our work 100%.

Robert in East york
Robert in East york
1 review East York, ON

Basement Waterproofing and Releveling

Our basement had been gutted, but due to circumstances, had remained that way for some time. Before finishing, we knew we needed to get the base frame into shape. We invited four companies in to take a look and give us their recommendation regarding waterproofing and floor leveling. 3 of the 4 companies recommended very similar solutions and were all very similar in their quote. Of those 3, we chose to work with Saverio, as he was very personable, communicative, and clear. We do not regret our decision! Each morning, Saverio was there in person and took the time to review the work with us, make sure we were happy and had our answers questioned. On the one day I had to leave the house early, Saverio called in the evening to check that we'd looked over the work of the day and make sure we were happy. They went above and beyond for us, removing and returning our washer, dryer, water, furnace. Of all the companies we talked with, Saverio was the only one to mention the rebate we could get from the city and how to apply for it. We are very pleased with the work, which was done exactly to schedule.

Thanks for the review, it was a pleasure working for you!
Saverio

Tara Oswald in Oakville
Tara Oswald in Oakville

Cracks in basement walls

We had cracks in our basement walls resulting in water leaks and had Saverio come to look at the work. He was able to come quickly and gave us honest advise on how to fix the problem. I would recommend this company.

Thanks for the review! I wish you all the best with your basement renovation.
Saverio

Ghada in Toronto
Ghada in Toronto
1 review TORONTO, ON

Internal Waterproofing & Concrete Resloping

Top quality workmanship & peace of mind -- that's what Saverio & his crew deliver.

This is the second time we've hired for waterproofing. I could not be more satisfied with the quality of their work. Once again, they did an excellent job with the waterproofing at a very reasonable price. As an added precaution to keep water away from the house, Saverio also threw in a sizeable amount of concrete resloping at the side of the house at no additional cost at all -- who does that?

I have joked with Saverio that I wish there were 10 of him & one was a carpenter, the other a plumber, the other an electrician, etc, so we could just keep hiring him for all of our household contracting needs.

Thank you Saverio -- and Kyle & Kyle (yes, there are two Kyles on his crew!) -- for being so very good at what you do.

Thank you Ghada for your review!

Patricia in Vaughan
Patricia in Vaughan
4 reviews Maple, ON

Foundation Repair and Waterproofing

CORNERSTONE WATERPROOFING delivers 110%, Grade AA work!

I had to repair my entire foundation due to extensive water penetration. I did it in 2 stages and when the 'famous' group could not complete it, they referred me to Cornerstone; the only company they would recommend.

Saverio and his team exceeded the highest of standards.

Saverio was on site and in the trenches during most of the repair. He groomed his team to be highly technical, organized, thorough and extremely competent. His workers adore him and it shows in their attention to detail, integrity, cohesiveness and full out professionalism.

Saverio is dedicated to quality control. He was meticulous in setting up the work area. I was awed by his tidiness and precision. He did not compromise or cut corners - as a result, unlike with the first bunch, there was no damage to my property or the neighbours' property.

From my first conversation with Saverio to the day he left, I found him to be responsive and dependable.

Saverio embodies integrity and character. I am happy to share pictures or answer questions about his work.
contact me: tricia.17@hotmail.com

Thank you for your wonderful review Patricia! The crew and I appreciate all you did for us while we were working at your house.

More about Cornerstone Waterproofing

Fully licensed & insured, family owned & operated, serving the GTA. Specializing in * Exterior & Interior Waterproofing * Structural Foundation Repair * Underpinning & Basement Lowering * Basement Entrances * Concrete Floors & Drains. Call Us Today for a FREE Written Estimate.
Looking for Waterproofing pros in Toronto?