EKO Security Systems

Reviews for EKO Security Systems

Jay from Vaughan
Jay from Vaughan

Security Systems

Be aware! After installation of the system, the technician handed me a paper and asked me to sign the subscription form for the requested service. I did that without being cautious. I didn't realize there is fine print saying it's a 5 years contract... until I want to cancel the service few years later. Be cautious!

paul, don mills
paul, don mills

security system

This top section is an addition:

Beware. Jay from Vaughan is absolutely correct.

I too tried to cancel the monthly coverage after a couple of years to switch to another alarm system company – only to have him point to the fine print saying it's a 5 years contract. Obviously, it's my own fault for not going over it carefully before agreeing to it. However, in my defense, most reputable companies will point out the details of the contract to make sure their customers understand what they're signing.

To add insult to injury… when I cancelled after the fifth year was over they hit me with a 3 month cancellation fee.

I can no longer recommend EKO Security Systems. In fact, I highly recommend that you find yourself another supplier for security monitoring. Get it done right… and read the fine print regardless.

––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––
Original review:
Eko Security installed my home security system without a lot of grief. They attempted to install the window sensors without showing the wires but found that going through the metal and plaster was more work than they bargained for and abandoned the process for the remaining two casement windows opting for the method that showed two wires coming down. I didn't like the look but understood why. However my wife liked the exposed wire look better than the hidden version as she wasn't impressed with the hole they left in the wall.

The alarm was installed downstairs - which I said was fine with me. But after hearing the alarm sound - I'm not sure they shouldn't have put the extra work in and installed the alarm upstairs as the resulting sound would have been far more piercing.

The workers were very polite and courteous to us. However, they did leave some debris behind.

In the end - the alarm works great, and looks good on the wall. Richard did a follow up call to see if we were happy with the product and service.

Review has 1 previous version
Paul in Toronto
Paul in Toronto

Home Security system

I have been extremely disappointed with there service, their system, and even their billing....very unprofessional....I clearly should have spent more on one of the bigger providers....it seems you get what you pay for....I can't wait until I finish my contract with this company....it is a joke , but I'm not laughing.

eaudesnob in Pickering
eaudesnob in Pickering
23 reviews Pickering, ON

Alarm Purchase and Installation

Because we had 8 cats we needed a non motion sensor alarm. This company advertised no false alarms. We purchased and had them install the system. They gave us a 10 year written warranty. We've had hundreds of false alarms. When a wire came loose on the back of the unit we were told the system board in the unit was "fryed" (which would not be covered under warranty and they quoted $1000 to replace the unit.) We were encouraged to claim it on our insurance. They tried to "upgrade" us to a newer unit (different manufacturer).
The "upgrade" to our existing unit (which cost us $1200 by itself), had an MSRP on the manufacturers website of $89.95. We declined this kind offer and shipped the unit back to the manufacturer in the United States. They identified the problem and fixed it for a nominal handling fee. However because we had to pay for shipping both ways and brokerage fees and the (worthless) 10 year warranty was from EKO it ultimately cost us $300.00 in assorted costs. We would never deal with Richard Popyuk or EKO again. Buyer beware

melanie
melanie

ALARM SYSTEM

Reliable and priced right on monthly service. Only 19.95 Where other companies are 25.00. Customer service is good and efficient. I have been using them for over 3 Years and I am very happy.