Ostaco Windows And Doors

Reviews for Ostaco Windows And Doors

Will in Toronto
Will in Toronto

New Construction, Custom Home, and 3 renovations

I have worked with Ostaco on several jobs. on every job they were a pleasure to work with. This is why I continue to use this company. The product that they make is fantastic, from the vinyl quality to the seal of the window I have always been very impressed. the delivery drivers are always pleasant and a great help when loading the windows into the house. The service afterward is in my experiences prompt and thorough.

Hi Will, thanks for taking the time to review us. We appreciate the feedback and look forward to working with you on your next project.

Howard the duck in Toronto
Howard the duck in Toronto
1 review Coldwater, ON

Window renovation

Recently I had all my windows and front door replaced in my house. The new windows operate so smoothly and look amazing, much better than my 10 year old builder grade windows. The front fibreglass door looks so much nicer than my old dented steel door and has already been tested by an orange ball hockey ball and didn't dent! Would highly recommend this product!!

Hi Howard, thanks for taking the time to review us and I'm glad we could assist you with your renovation.

brian  in Jasper
brian in Jasper
1 review Jasper, AB

new home build

right off the truck all the windows and doors were wrapped in cardboard for transportation but they used staples into my black brick moulding.Every window and door has white holes all over brick moulding.They gave me touch up paint.The door hardware is very cheap .I haven't even moved in and i'm looking at replacing them.The front door will not close to lock properly,i can only lock it from the inside with all my weight on the door.I did have broken brickmoulding on 1door,1 window and they sent me new ones so that was good .These are a very fragile product.typical 2 star company acting like there 5.They are not Pella thats for sure

Hello Brian, Ostaco Windows and Doors has recently come under new management.

We at Ostaco appreciate your business, and look forward to addressing any outstanding customer satisfaction issues.

I have taken the initiative to reach out to your dealer, True North Log Homes, and I would appreciate it if you could to contact me directly, 905 660 5021 ext. 320.

Thank you for your time and I look forward to speaking with you.

Private User reviews Meaford, ON

Ostaco Windows and Doors

Order all new windows and three new doors (side panel, sliding and french). All products look great but there was a problem with the slab on one French door and door would not close properly without your full body weight against it. Told them on install (Oct 2015) there was a problem. Took months before they sent their man out, he adjust and adjust and said "that's the best I can do", but it still didn't shut properly. Fought through the contractor and they eventually agreed to a replace door. They replaced door but it is a different colour to the other half of the french door (I was not home day of install - Nov 2016). Agreed to replace door again - we said replace both doors so the colour is the same - no they just want to replace one. They were supposed come today but now say it will not be till March 2017 - I'll place a bet that when it arrives it will a different colour to the two I already have and we will be in the same position. After purchase service and Customer service is terrible - I am happy with the other windows and doors but can't believe their attitude - agree with others - buyer beware!!!

Ostaco Windows and Doors has recently come under new management.

We at Ostaco appreciate your past business, and we want to address any outstanding customer satisfaction issues.

In order to address your situation properly we will require further information.
Please forward any and all info to, admin@ostaco.com. Please put in subject line,"HOMESTARS REVIEW".

If you have any further questions or concerns please contact me directly, 905 660 5021 ext. 320.

Frank Calandrino from Old Toronto
Frank Calandrino from Old Toronto
2 reviews Old Toronto, ON

Dont buy this brand.

Windows are falling apart and apparently according to ostaco customer service their windows need maintenance like a car. Lol.

They want me to pay for service call every time a part falls off.

Hello Frank, Ostaco Windows and Doors has recently come under new management. We value your business, and we are diligently addressing any outstanding customer satisfaction issues.

I have spoken with my service department regarding your service request, and I am happy to see that my service tech will be on site June 27, 2017 to resolve the issue.

If you have any questions or concerns please contact me directly, 905 660 5021 ext. 320.

Ian in Hamilton
Ian in Hamilton
1 review Thorold, ON

Garbage product and useless warranty.

We purchased all new windows and doors for the new home we were having built. Since the day we moved in they have been nothing but garbage. Every double hung window leaks air terribly and the pivot pins that allow you to tilt in each sash to clean the glass keep snapping off. Now none of the windows can be safely opened and we have exhausted the supply of parts left for us. The french doors leak and fit like junk and the sliding screen have fallen apart. Their technician came at least 4 times over the years to keep repairing the same problems over and over and even went so far as to leave us with a bag of replacement parts to fix thing ourselves. Lots of faith in the product obviously! Screwed by this company who now will not honor the lifetime warranty and try to deny that they were even here 4 times for repairs. They now claim they will not honor the lifetime warranty and that I will have to fight it out with our contractor. Good luck with that as he has never come back to resolve all the other issues with the house he built for us. I would never recommend this company to anyone!! I will call one more time to have these replaced (NOT REPAIRED AGAIN) and if no solution is arranged the next calls will be to the Better Business Bureau and others plus a lawyer. It has cost us so much grief and expense in heating bills. This house is not sellable until these windows and doors are replaced with a decent reliable product!

Hello Ian,

Private User reviews Winnipeg, MB

Window Failures

We had 5 Ostaco windows installed. In the first 4 years we have had 4 warranty claims. Two windows had glass replaced because the seals popped (I had to pay the labour cost of about $200) and two windows had rusting hardware replaced (no cost to me). Although the company that sold us the windows has been great to deal with (and I may buy from them again) I am not impressed with the Ostaco product and will not buy that product again.

Private User reviews Barry's Bay, ON

Garden door replacements

Had two sets of garden doors installed, each door has sash windows - (product and installation recommend by friend) August 2012. Immediately noted gaps at the bottom of the windows where the screen meets frame. Told this was for water drainage which doesn't make sense - never saw this in any other window or door before. Had to stuff Sticky Tac in spaces to keep bugs out. Left the matter until May of 2013 when I contacted the installer to point out that the holes were unacceptable and in addition, have realized that the screens do not fit correctly leaving gaps along the sides of the screens. The screens are useless in their current state. Installer passed me off to the local sales rep. Sales rep didn't come out to look until July and didn't have any real answers. Suggested extra clips to make the screens fit tighter, but had no advice on bottom gaps. Took 6 weeks to get the clips which could not be used - the frames have to have special cuts for the clips. Emailed the rep that the problem still existed and sent pictures for her to pass on to the factory. Never heard back. I regret that I have not been more aggressive in following up on the problem, but I did begin the process on the day of installation.
So.. have contacted the company and am hoping to get some satisfaction - will update this review when there is something new to report.
In the meantime - not impressed with the product or the customer service.

More about Ostaco Windows And Doors

Ostaco has been supplying high-quality windows and doors in Ontario since 1981. Known for our excellent customer service and superior doors and windows. Rest assure, when you choose an Ostaco window or door product, you will have a lifetime product that functions perfectly and meets your every expectation.
Looking for Windows & Doors Installation & Service pros in Concord?