Ostaco Windows And Doors

Darren in Sudbury
Darren in Sudbury
1 review Sudbury, ON

New build windows

In 2017 our family started our dream home build. We shopped around locally and decided to use Ostico windows from a local building store here in Sudbury. Windows arrived in a timely manner, we had them installed by a local contractor and all looked good. The first winter we had 4 windows that one of the 3 pains cracked or broke. We had 3 window locks break. We contacted supplier and they came to have a look and agreed to have the pains and parts replaced. 5 months latter no response on repair. We contacted Ostico in Brampton and they set us up with there representative in Sudbury. Had a conversation with Tim (rep) and he assured me it would get looked at and repaired. Mentioned that there was bad glass produced in that year because of the high demand for windows because of the government grants being pushed. He indicated it could be the issue. As for the locks very simple to replace and warranty was good for that. Well it’s been another 6 months and I call and leave messages about every 2 weeks with no response back. Truly upset that this company with so many good reviews has left us out in the cold on a 52k purchase. Please do your homework on other companies and make sure that they have better customer support.

Good morning Darren, I apologize for the delayed reply and for the frustration. What you are identifying are issues, that at first glance, look like valid warranty concerns. We would like to rectify any outstanding issues. Please e-mail marketing@ostaco.com and we will have your concerns immediately addressed. Thank you for your purchase of OSTACO windows and we look forward to making it right!

jdigiuli in St. John's
jdigiuli in St. John's
3 reviews St. John'S, NL

Thanks Again

I have always had a great experience with Ostaco. Great quality windows and doors and great customer service. Thanks Ostaco for such a great experience my wife and I are so pleased with the finished product.

Binh in Toronto
Binh in Toronto

Front entrance door

We were referred to Ostaco by a friend and we are so glad we chose Ostaco. The customer service is above and beyond. Melissa was very patient and helpful with us as our contractor left us hanging.

When our door was delivered the two gentlemen were very pleasant and very courteous. The door was gorgeous and really made a difference in the appearance from the street.

Amazing what a beautiful door can do to change the look of the house. I would most definitely contact Melissa without hesitation in the future if I am in the market for doors or windows.

JOANNEHOME in Vaughan
JOANNEHOME in Vaughan

New Entry Door

I don't know about doors, but I wanted a big wood door. Then I found out that wood has to be maintained, can warp, and they are much more expensive than i thought. I went to a local home hardware and they showed me the Ostaco product. I couldn't tell it was not wood. Overall, very happy with my door and I get lots of compliments!

C. Lehman in
C. Lehman in
1 review , ON

Windows and Doors

After alot of research I chose Ostaco as my window and door supplier for a renovation project and am very happy i did. Although they do not sell directly to the public i was told by my dealer that i could go to Ostaco's showroom. I did go to have a look and Melissa was very knowledgeable in answering any questions I had. Product is beautiful and what a difference from my old windows and doors. Certainly saw proof of that over the last few days when the temperature was -27.

Maria in Scarborough
Maria in Scarborough

Home renovations

We renovated our home with Ostaco windows and doors. I am extremely satisfied with their product. We noticed a big difference in our heating and air conditioning bills. We have received lots of compliments on the product. We would definitely recommend Ostaco.

Algonquin  in Vaughan
Algonquin in Vaughan

Cottage Renovation

We purchased our “retirement” fixer upper near Dorset Ontario. The first project we tackled was all new windows and doors. We chose to go with Ostaco because they were able to customize our order and had the quality we were looking for. The sales rep made some great suggestions including using different LowE coatings on different elevations of the house to maximize energy efficiency. What a difference, the house is always comfortable and we have noticed a big difference in our heating and hydro bills. The new windows and doors have completely transformed the look of our house, we frequently have people stopping to ask where we got our windows and doors. I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend Ostaco windows, it has been the best investment we have made in our home.

Scott Cowdy  in Sharbot Lake
Scott Cowdy in Sharbot Lake
1 review Sharbot Lake, ON

New home in 2010

I have changed my review for ostaco windows and doors ...the new sales rep showed up herself with a glass for my entrance door and apologized for the mix up between them and h.hardeware ! She was no time swapping it out for a clear glass until they get my privacey glass fixed AND took the time to have a look at my single hung window and repaird it from 8yrs ago when the salesman just left me the pane to replace it myself !! THANK YOU Christine for takeing the time to get this resolved !!

Hello Scott, like any business, our objective is to provide quality product and great service to our customers. We also realize that sometimes mistakes are made. We apologize that it took a Homestars review to get the situation corrected -- it should not be the case -- but we are glad that we were able to right the wrong. Thank you for your feedback, and I hope we have regained your confidence in Ostaco.

Rob S. from Mississauga
Rob S. from Mississauga

Windows & Doors for a new home build

Built a new house in 2018. Used a reputable general contractor (who did a great job). I wanted good quality windows and doors, but because of the size of our job (25 windows, 2 triple sliding doors, 1 entry door) I was looking for a mid-range priced product to fit my budget. Ostaco was one of the options suggested to me as a good mid-range product. The build was finished in August 2018. I had one issue immediately which was that a lot of the metal crank handles on the windows were cracking. Ostaco's service tech John came out and replaced all of them, and he also found some other issues that I wasn't even aware of (missing components on the front door). As a customer, this was a good experience. Then in the fall, I noticed leaves, pine needles, and other debris on the kitchen floor which was odd because all doors and windows had been closed. Upon closer inspection, discovered that the door when closed had a 1" opening to the outside because it was missing some components (impervious block and dust pad). The opening is large enough for leaves and debris from outside to blow into the house, along with cold air. A mouse can easily squeeze in through a 1" opening. I reported the problem on Dec 5th. Their customer service manager said on Dec 6th that a service call might not be possible this month. On Dec 20, I hadn't received any update from Ostaco, so I followed up with the customer service manager again, and was told that a service call hadn't been scheduled yet and was unlikely to happen until late January. Making a customer wait for 1-2 months in the winter time to fix a door that leaves a 1" opening to the outside when the door is closed is simply unacceptable.

Hello Rob S., what differentiates Ostaco from other companies is our commitment to customer service. I appreciate that you state that the initial experience was positive, and it is unfortunate that our service tech was booked for the remainder of December. Please e-mail marketing@ostaco.com with your availability on December 26, 27, 28 and we will be certain to get someone out to have a look at your door before the year ends. Happy holidays from Ostaco customer service.

JT Construction Solutions
JT Construction Solutions

Window Installation

We are a general contracting firm that has used Ostaco on approximately 30 jobs over the last 5 years. They have always been very efficient and professional to deal with. Their jobs have always been completed on time and on budget.

I would also say that the windows are great value and that you cannot beat the quality for the price.

I would highly recommend the team at Ostaco windows.

More about Ostaco Windows And Doors

Ostaco has been supplying high-quality windows and doors in Ontario since 1981. Known for our excellent customer service and superior doors and windows. Rest assure, when you choose an Ostaco window or door product, you will have a lifetime product that functions perfectly and meets your every expectation.
Looking for Windows & Doors Installation & Service pros in Concord?