Ostaco Windows And Doors

Reviews for Ostaco Windows And Doors

JOANNEHOME in Vaughan
JOANNEHOME in Vaughan

New Entry Door

I don't know about doors, but I wanted a big wood door. Then I found out that wood has to be maintained, can warp, and they are much more expensive than i thought. I went to a local home hardware and they showed me the Ostaco product. I couldn't tell it was not wood. Overall, very happy with my door and I get lots of compliments!

C. Lehman in
C. Lehman in
1 review , ON

Windows and Doors

After alot of research I chose Ostaco as my window and door supplier for a renovation project and am very happy i did. Although they do not sell directly to the public i was told by my dealer that i could go to Ostaco's showroom. I did go to have a look and Melissa was very knowledgeable in answering any questions I had. Product is beautiful and what a difference from my old windows and doors. Certainly saw proof of that over the last few days when the temperature was -27.

Maria in Scarborough
Maria in Scarborough

Home renovations

We renovated our home with Ostaco windows and doors. I am extremely satisfied with their product. We noticed a big difference in our heating and air conditioning bills. We have received lots of compliments on the product. We would definitely recommend Ostaco.

Algonquin  in Vaughan
Algonquin in Vaughan

Cottage Renovation

We purchased our “retirement” fixer upper near Dorset Ontario. The first project we tackled was all new windows and doors. We chose to go with Ostaco because they were able to customize our order and had the quality we were looking for. The sales rep made some great suggestions including using different LowE coatings on different elevations of the house to maximize energy efficiency. What a difference, the house is always comfortable and we have noticed a big difference in our heating and hydro bills. The new windows and doors have completely transformed the look of our house, we frequently have people stopping to ask where we got our windows and doors. I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend Ostaco windows, it has been the best investment we have made in our home.

Scott Cowdy  in Sharbot Lake
Scott Cowdy in Sharbot Lake
1 review Sharbot Lake, ON

New home in 2010

I have changed my review for ostaco windows and doors ...the new sales rep showed up herself with a glass for my entrance door and apologized for the mix up between them and h.hardeware ! She was no time swapping it out for a clear glass until they get my privacey glass fixed AND took the time to have a look at my single hung window and repaird it from 8yrs ago when the salesman just left me the pane to replace it myself !! THANK YOU Christine for takeing the time to get this resolved !!

Hello Scott, like any business, our objective is to provide quality product and great service to our customers. We also realize that sometimes mistakes are made. We apologize that it took a Homestars review to get the situation corrected -- it should not be the case -- but we are glad that we were able to right the wrong. Thank you for your feedback, and I hope we have regained your confidence in Ostaco.

Rob S. from Mississauga
Rob S. from Mississauga

Windows & Doors for a new home build

Built a new house in 2018. Used a reputable general contractor (who did a great job). I wanted good quality windows and doors, but because of the size of our job (25 windows, 2 triple sliding doors, 1 entry door) I was looking for a mid-range priced product to fit my budget. Ostaco was one of the options suggested to me as a good mid-range product. The build was finished in August 2018. I had one issue immediately which was that a lot of the metal crank handles on the windows were cracking. Ostaco's service tech John came out and replaced all of them, and he also found some other issues that I wasn't even aware of (missing components on the front door). As a customer, this was a good experience. Then in the fall, I noticed leaves, pine needles, and other debris on the kitchen floor which was odd because all doors and windows had been closed. Upon closer inspection, discovered that the door when closed had a 1" opening to the outside because it was missing some components (impervious block and dust pad). The opening is large enough for leaves and debris from outside to blow into the house, along with cold air. A mouse can easily squeeze in through a 1" opening. I reported the problem on Dec 5th. Their customer service manager said on Dec 6th that a service call might not be possible this month. On Dec 20, I hadn't received any update from Ostaco, so I followed up with the customer service manager again, and was told that a service call hadn't been scheduled yet and was unlikely to happen until late January. Making a customer wait for 1-2 months in the winter time to fix a door that leaves a 1" opening to the outside when the door is closed is simply unacceptable.

Hello Rob S., what differentiates Ostaco from other companies is our commitment to customer service. I appreciate that you state that the initial experience was positive, and it is unfortunate that our service tech was booked for the remainder of December. Please e-mail marketing@ostaco.com with your availability on December 26, 27, 28 and we will be certain to get someone out to have a look at your door before the year ends. Happy holidays from Ostaco customer service.

JT Construction Solutions
JT Construction Solutions

Window Installation

We are a general contracting firm that has used Ostaco on approximately 30 jobs over the last 5 years. They have always been very efficient and professional to deal with. Their jobs have always been completed on time and on budget.

I would also say that the windows are great value and that you cannot beat the quality for the price.

I would highly recommend the team at Ostaco windows.

Paul Thompson from Toronto
Paul Thompson from Toronto

Low end, poor quality

Purchased a 12ft patio door. Cheap construction. Very drafty. Cold comes right through. You can hear everything outside. LoE 272 tint is minimal. Installer sent by company President did a lousy job. Calked over expanding foam while still expanding so the calking on exte​rior is uneven and full of bubbles. To lazy to come back next ​day and do the job properly.
Stay away from this com​pan​y. Regret purchase terribly and obviously don't recommend.

UPDATE: Note that even Ostaco knew my name as directly published on this site and having me in their customer database, they still challenged HomeStars to remove my review. In an effort to defend my review, I submitted the bill of sale direct from Ostaco Factory as proof to HomeStars. Regarding their reply to my review, its simply Customer Service Spin. The company has been in business since 81 however has changed hands / management along the way (see their online posts). The defence of not selling to the public is irrelevant as it does not change the product quality all though not applicable in my case anyway.

At 8 months old, the welds around the vinyl weld joints have now all cracked. See photo.

Hello Paul, Ostaco has been in business since 1981. We regard our lasting presence in the industry as a testament to our great products, and excellent customer service. It is disappointing that this has been your experience with our patio doors. If there are indeed drafts we would love to send a tech to your residence to troubleshoot the issue. With regards to the glass, our supplier, Cardinal glass, is the industry leader in quality and technology -- we are proud to have them as a partner(www.cardinalcorp.com). Furthermore, we are a manufacturer of high quality windows, entry doors, and patio doors-- we do not install, nor deal directly with the public. Instead, we sell our products across Canada to selected dealers. Please contact admin@ostaco.com and we will look after you right away. Thank you for the opportunity to make this right.

AK in Old Toronto
AK in Old Toronto

Ostaco exterior windows - faulty sidelites

Updating my review below that I left about 2 months ago (mid October) about Ostaco Windows. We were previously quite frustrated trying to get repair work done to a set of exterior windows. But I am happy to say that Ostaco followed through and took care of our issue.

I was actually contacted directly by their General Manager, Marco Greco, who acted with great integrity and customer care. He personally came to our house to inspect the windows. He kept us informed with updates. And most importantly, he followed through... sending an experienced, knowledgeable and respectful service technician, who completed the repairs in about an hour.

At the same time, Marco acknowledged where the company fell short, but assured us that our experience was not their standard, and his priority was to "make things right". And he did.

Ostaco is a small, family-run business, and he clearly cares deeply for their reputation and product.

I have left portions of my original review below, but have chosen to temper it in light of the turnaround in service we received.

_____________

Been reading the reviews posted for Ostaco Windows and their not-so-great service when it comes to warranty repairs. So I felt compelled to add our story.

The seals on our exterior large panel windows at the back of our house have been failing. The company sent a technician to inspect the damage, and they say the issue is with the sidelites due to exposure to the sun and not having an overhang. Ostaco are covering the cost of the materials and we have to pay for labour, estimated to be $350.

Dealing with Ostaco's Service Manager has been an exercise in patience and frustration. Email communication back & forth has been difficult. It's been a challenge to get an hourly breakdown of the $350, a formal estimate in writing or a contract for the repair work. Regardless of how we ask, we continue to hit a wall getting answers.

I should add that we opened our claim with Ostaco beginning of July. It's now mid October with no resolution or repair date in sight.

Hello Private User,

Please contact admin@ostaco.com and we will address your concerns immediately. We apologize for any inconvenience we may have caused you, but we will rectify any and all outstanding issues. Thank you for your patience, and cooperation as we address the situation.

Mary W.  in Winnipeg
Mary W. in Winnipeg
1 review Winnipeg, MB

Cottage project in Grindstone Provincial Park

We replaced all of the old windows in our cottage with Ostaco windows that are triple pane with two low-e surfaces on the glass and argon, and it's made such a difference to our level of comfort in the cottage as well a significantly improving its appearance. It used to get so hot in our cottage in the summer and it's so much cooler now, it almost seems like we have air conditioning when we don't! It's going to be awesome to have far lower heating bills this winter. We would highly recommend Ostaco to any looking to replace their windows.

More about Ostaco Windows And Doors

Ostaco has been supplying high-quality windows and doors in Ontario since 1981. Known for our excellent customer service and superior doors and windows. Rest assure, when you choose an Ostaco window or door product, you will have a lifetime product that functions perfectly and meets your every expectation. To avoid ...
Looking for Windows & Doors Installation & Service pros in Concord?