Ostaco Windows And Doors

Reviews for Ostaco Windows And Doors

Paul Thompson from Toronto
Paul Thompson from Toronto

Low end, poor quality

Purchased a 12ft patio door. Cheap construction. Very drafty. Cold comes right through. You can hear everything outside. LoE 272 tint is minimal. Installer sent by company President did a lousy job. Calked over expanding foam while still expanding so the calking on exte​rior is uneven and full of bubbles. To lazy to come back next ​day and do the job properly.
Stay away from this com​pan​y. Regret purchase terribly and obviously don't recommend.

Ostaco exterior windows - faulty sidelites

Been reading the reviews posted for Ostaco Windows and their not-so-great service when it comes to warranty repairs. So I felt compelled to add our story.

The seals on our exterior large panel windows at the back of our house have been failing. The company's position on this is that the issue is with the sidelites due to exposure to the sun because we don't have an overhang. This doesn't sit well with us, given that the style of windows we have, with no overhang, are incredibly common with the new style of homes you see now.

Nonetheless, we need to get them repaired before we incur additional wood damage & rot. And while Ostaco are covering the cost of the materials, we are on the hook for labour.

To further exacerbate the situation, dealing with Ostaco's Service Manager has been an exercise in patience and mostly frustration.

Their Service Manager seems incapable of answering a single direct question regarding our claim. They gave us an original quote of $350 for labour, to which we have repeatedly (5+ times) asked for a cost breakdown (ie: hours, rates, etc.). We finally received an answer that $150 was being charged for the initial visit by their technician to inspect the damage when we reported it. He didn't do any work and basically just confirmed the damage we had already documented in photos.

We've now been asking for the cost estimate in writing, a contract for the repair work, and a copy of the warranty for this work - to again hit a wall in communications. As the Service Manager says this can't be provided and then ignores further requests.

I should add that we opened our claim with Ostaco beginning of July. It's not mid October with no resolution or repair date in sight.

In the existing reviews on this forum, Ostaco has responded to say they have been under new management since 2013, suggesting that their bad service is a thing of the past - but we are joining this forum now to say that IS NOT THE CASE.

If you have any plans to use Ostaco products, please keep your fingers crossed that you never have to deal with a warranty claim or their Service Manager.

Mary W.  in Winnipeg
Mary W. in Winnipeg
1 review Winnipeg, MB

Cottage project in Grindstone Provincial Park

We replaced all of the old windows in our cottage with Ostaco windows that are triple pane with two low-e surfaces on the glass and argon, and it's made such a difference to our level of comfort in the cottage as well a significantly improving its appearance. It used to get so hot in our cottage in the summer and it's so much cooler now, it almost seems like we have air conditioning when we don't! It's going to be awesome to have far lower heating bills this winter. We would highly recommend Ostaco to any looking to replace their windows.

Private User reviews Guelph, ON

Whole house window replacement in 2012

I’m actually easy to please. Supply a good quality product. Install it properly. If you make a mistake, fix it quickly on the first try. Ostaco is incapable of doing this. Even though the windows themselves are fine, I would never recommend this company because of their lousy screens and poor customer service.

Ostaco used a poorly designed system for the screens (think cheap and flimsy). If you take the screen out of the window, even a few times, you can expect the mounting pins to come off. That leaves a gap on one or more corners, which bugs find quickly. If the window is open and exposed to good gust of wind, the screen can pop out because the mounting system is so weak. I have a nice gouge in my hardwood floor where one landed on its corner.

They tried many times to fix the problem screens. The catch is it can take months for the technician to show up; it’s at their pleasure and convenience, not yours. He tried three times at least to get the ones in the bedroom right. They were either too tight or too loose. The last set are so tight that I can barely pull them out, using extreme force. I leave them in permanently because they’re sure to break if I remove them.

In her last email before she stopped responding, the service manager told me they’re done: it’s out of warranty, tough luck. Apparently it’s my fault that their screens are garbage and their technician can’t measure a screen properly.

Hello Private User,

Ostaco Windows and Doors came under new management in 2013. I am sorry to hear that you have had a difficult time with your screens. Please contact admin@ostaco.com and we will investigate your claim further.

Thank you for your time.

Joseph N.
Joseph N.
2 reviews East Gwillimbury, ON

New Home construction, supply and installation of windows and doors

We had a great experience with Frank Greco and his team. Will recommend to our clients for future projects.
Joseph N Campitelli Architect Inc.

thank you very much for taking time time to review us, we appreciate it very much

Custom Lake House

I am in the process of building a custom home on the lake in Barrie. It was important to us to have large windows on the back of the house for a good view of the lake. Working with Ostaco was quick and painless. They were able to provide all of the custom oversized windows and doors that we wanted. They were also the only company we found that offered the large 10 foot bi-folding door system we wanted on our patio. The doors can fully open for a beautiful unobstructed view of the lake. Ostaco worked seamlessly with our contractor to ensure the windows and doors were delivered promptly when they were needed. I would highly recommend this company to anyone building or renovation a home.

thank you for taking the time to review us, we appreciate you sharing your experience.

jay in Bolton
jay in Bolton
1 review Whitby, ON

windows

I had 20 windows and 4 entry doors install in my 10 year old home. I cant believe the different in sound and I have notice my heating bill also the install went great except for one small crack in the pane of glass ... ostaco service rep came out and replace this unit in two minutes ... I would recommend ostaco to anyone thinking of replaceing there windows

Hi Jay, thanks for taking the time to review us. it's always very nice to hear from one of our satisfied customers.

Jordan in Toronto
Jordan in Toronto

New Entry Doors

Ostaco was really helpful in getting our doors in a short period of time because of some construction constraints and also was flexible with some changes we had. The doors are a great addition to our home and seem like really high quality product - I would go back.

Hi Jordan, thanks for taking the time to post a review. I'm happy to hear we were able to help your build go smoothly.

Private User reviews Vaughan, ON

new windows and doors

The paint store plus in Whitby did a total tear out with Ostaco windows. The sound of the traffic is gone amazing . No more leaks and the installation was neat clean and professional. NO MORE DRAFTS

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. It means a lot to us at Ostaco and to our Dealers.

More about Ostaco Windows And Doors

Ostaco has been supplying high-quality windows and doors in Ontario since 1981. Known for our excellent customer service and superior doors and windows. Rest assure, when you choose an Ostaco window or door product, you will have a lifetime product that functions perfectly and meets your every expectation. To avoid ...
Looking for Windows & Doors Installation & Service pros in Concord?