Whether it’s a small job or a large one, if you need a plumber you should absolutely call Watermark. Graeme, the owner, is probably the most reliable and conscientious tradesperson I’ve ever dealt with. He just finished a 5+ day project at my house and I couldn’t be happier. In addition to being reliable and conscientious, he’s honest and meticulous, and his rates are better than the competition. What more could you want?
After soliciting quotes from several other companies to repipe my house, I was getting frustrated by the delays, the runaround, and the seemingly inflated quotes. In my frustration I started calling smaller companies, and one plumber I called couldn’t do the work but recommended Graeme. After calling him, he came to my house the next day and started the project a couple days later. Now it’s all done, long before (and for less money) than it would have been from any of the big local plumbing companies. Here’s what you get (in my experience) from Graeme and Watermark, and how my experience has compared with other plumbers:
1) He tells you when he’s coming, and then actually shows up at that time!!! Anyone who has waited through the three hour window given by a lot of companies, only to have to wait another couple hours will know what a big deal this is.
2) The person (Graeme) overseeing the project is the same one doing the actual work, so I always had confidence that things were being done as we had discussed. This is a big contrast from the larger companies, where someone comes out and gives you a quote, and then a couple other technicians show up to do the work.
3) He does meticulous work. My project was on a fixed price, so you would expect someone to work as quickly as possible, but Graeme took his time and made sure everything was right. My impression was that he takes real pride in doing good work.
4) He’s an honest, down-to-earth guy with a lot of integrity. My project involved a number of unexpected hurdles, but he completed it for the previously agreed upon price, even after I offered to pay extra for the time he spent on some unanticipated problems, that were actually unrelated to the project (e.g. he had to dig up my curb shut-off because it had filled with dirt).
5) Both Graeme, and the assistant on the project, Ali, are pleasant, respectful guys. They went to great effort to minimize the impact of their presence on our lives, which was especially appreciated because my wife is home all day with a 2-month old baby. For example, all the other companies told me the water would have to be shut off while they worked, but Watermark built the entire new piping system beside the old pipes, and then only shut off the water for part of a day at the end.
6) As I mentioned, their rates are much better than the larger companies I’ve hired (or gotten quotes from), whether it’s hourly or for a quoted project.
Sorry for the long review, but I spent so much time calling and meeting different plumbers for this project that I’m hoping I can save that time for someone else. If you’re in a similar situation, I would urge you to call Graeme and see whether he’s available to do whatever you need.