Countrywide Homes - Country Wide Homes

Andy from Woodbridge
Andy from Woodbridge
1 review Woodbridge, ON

The Point in Woodbridge

Have had a tremendous amount of headaches with Countrywide and regret the purchase. A lot of the work was substandard and incomplete upon initial inspection - 6 months later, we're still trying to get those issues resolved never mind everything we discovered after the fact. Customer service is terrible (good luck getting a call back from them), contractor work is sub-par, and even if you have in writing the corrections they agree to make they will delay or re-neg in hopes you'll give up rather than fix it. Think they might have Stockholme Syndrome when it comes to contract relationships, the worse the service the more staunchly they will fight to ensure it's not fixed. We've used over a week of vacation to be available for appointments to have repairs done and the contractors have missed these appointments.

Be prepared for exhaustion, disappointment and despair.

AK from Markham
AK from Markham

New Home - Absolutely Disappointing

In a nutshell, the overall experience of purchasing our new home from Countrywide Homes has been extremely frustrating and disappointing. From the initial quality, workmanship and misinformation, I would not recommend them to any friends/family.

I have escalated to several managers from different functions in attempt to resolve an ongoing issue, but to no avail. There seems to be a lack of urgency or accountability from the employees of this company; the only exception being the customer service department, who have tried helping with scheduling appointments and relaying information. This is the only reason they are even getting a rating of 2 (instead of 0).

I have even written to the Vice President to escalate and express some of my issues and this is was the only time certain items were taken seriously. Unfortunately this was temporary and I am back at square one with my frustrations and outstanding issues.

I am a very patient and reasonable person and Countrywide truly does not want to take ownership in a lot of issues and inconveinences they have caused me. With a company phrase of "We Build Trust", I find this to be quite humourous. Also, judging by the other majority of the reviews I've seen on this website, I know my issues are not an isolated incident.

NOT recommended. Don't not waste your time/resources with this company. Truly disappointing overall.

SONIA from Vaughan
SONIA from Vaughan
2 reviews , ON

PURCHASE OF NEW HOME

MAKE SURE TO HAVE EVERYTHING IN WRITING. THE WORKMAN SHIP ON THE NEW HOME I RECEIVED WAS BELOW STANDARD. THE CUSTOMER SERVICE TEAM AT THE POINT HAS BEEN HELPFUL IS RESOLVING ISSUES BUT NO NEED TO RECEIVE THE HOUSE IN THE ORDER THEY CLOSED IT. THE SUB CONTRACTORS THEY HIRE TO COMPLETE THE JOBS DON'T EVEN SPEAK ENGLISH AND UNDERSTAND YOU.

Kamini from Concord
Kamini from Concord
1 review Concord, ON

Horrible build and customer service

I bought my home 4yrs ago from Countrywide Homes and it has been nothing but stress.
My shower in the master ensuite started leaking and came througt the ceiling in my kitchen, I called and they came to fix it, only to find that the tiles on the wall was barely glued on so they replaced some tiles.
Again the shower started to leak and came throught the kitchen ceiling, when I called they say that they cannot do anything about that because they had already fixed it once and I'm not out of warranty. I had to rip the shower out because of mould, I have a 5mth old baby in the house.
Then with the Sandy storm my front windows started to leak...went to see them and they would not see us. Were told that they are not available to call later in the day. I'm guessing that would be another one of their problems that I have to fix.
Would never buy or recommend Countrywide as a builder to anyone.
Very disappointed in the quality of service for such a big company.
As for their motto "WE BUILD TRUST" that is so fake and untrue, maybe they should get someone to really expain to them what that means...

SMC23 in Maple
SMC23 in Maple
12 reviews ,

New Estate Home

We considered and purchased a new luxury Estate from CountryWide because of the lavish and beautiful models they showcased. The model homes were pristine, unfortunately it ends there. The Trades' workmanship they used on the Model homes were NO where near the quality I got from my brand new home. They use poor quality cheap materials. For example the majority of our new windows are now defective from condensation. They cut corners everywhere they can. We just renovated both bathrooms and surprised to find the upgraded tiles we paid for was not even installed under the vanities! The exterior stucco workmanship was a huge eye sore, they had to redo it several times because of Tarion. The Customer Service is non-existent. They answer their calls but to have the work actually completed you need to be on them like hawks. Overall a very poor experience from a Builder that fronts like they are the best. Would highly avoid if you can, unless you want to roll the dice on your new dream home! 1

Sean Johnson in North york
Sean Johnson in North york
1 review North York, ON

New Home

Customer service is unresponsive and you have to keep calling to get ahold of them, quality is par or below right down to the finishings. It's been tough to say the least. I wouldn't buy from them again.

Li in king
Li in king
2 reviews Nobleton, ON

King Country Estates

I have experienced exceptional customer service with the purchase of a new Country Wide Home. The sales representative has followed up and come through on timelines. I encourage anyone interested in purchasing a new home to view the model homes and the new constructed homes in Nobelton to view excellent workmanship and pride that goes into every home.

Patel in Brampton
Patel in Brampton
2 reviews BRAMPTON, ON

house

bought house with this builder, quality is just below average and service is poor quality have to keep followup to get things done, poor quality hardwood flooring, windows, kitchen cabinet, granite, etc.

North York
North York
1 review North York, ON

Feedbacks..

Purchased a house from CountryWide Homes recently and had a few appointments, and seen good customer service - no issues yet. Will keep posting... once I get something new and hope it would be great and positive. Cheers..

Vero From the North
Vero From the North
2 reviews Maple, ON

COUNTRY WIDE HOMES - HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE

i have recently purchased a home from Countrywide. i totally agree with all of the previous complaints from unsatisfied customers. their customer care is absolutely horrible. They have been brushing me off for months... the design studio representatives are very unprofessional and ignorant when it comes to their customers. I have had numerour problems at the design studio, they lost my file.. which i don't understand how that can even happen? the design care consultant had obviously no clue what she was talking about, she made numerous mistakes on plan, quoted me with different (wrong) prices which i then had to surprisingly deal with by paying extra money than what i was first quoted. It is very sad to see such beautiful houses with such beautiful designs but then such poor quality individuals standing behind them. They do not stand behind their word or product. I WOULD NEVER buy from Countrywide again... it has been a horrible experience.