HomeStars  >  Roofing in Thornhill  >  Mr Roof Repair.ca
How well a company responds to Quote Requests and Reviews.

Reviews for Mr Roof Repair.ca

SteveN from Mississauga

In the midst of a windstorm I noticed shingles in the backyard and unfortunately they only matched the ones on our roof. I searched HomeStars and found Mr Roof Repair and their services described exactly what I was looking for. It was late afternoon when the problem occurred so too late in the day to have someone on the roof.

Pietro and his colleague arrived on time the next day, in short order had inspected the area, and completed the repairs. Pietro reported on the condition of what was there, and it was a great relief to hear no issues existed and that this was just a case of the winds taking away some of the shingles. He could have told me anything and what basis would I have had to challenge so the honesty speaks volumes about their business practices.

Included in the repair fee was an assessment report, and their communication pre- and post- repair were very timely. I highly recommend MrRoofRepair.ca.

Job Price

Hi SteveN... Thank you for recognizing our efforts in transparency, reporting and communication. We feel that in our industry, one that is unregulated, transparency, reporting and communication are huge difference makers in providing the type of overall service that you've described. Again, thanks for this. Cheers!

eaudesnob in Pickering
22 reviews Pickering, ON

I found this company on Homestars and called them for a non-partisan review of the condition of my roof. I agreed with most of their findings based on the photos they took and included with their report which came very quickly and was quite thorough. It convinced me a new roof was required. Their credentials prove they are excellently qualified for Certaineed laminated ashphalt roofing.
I did not end up going with them for the roof job as I found them on the expensive side but I am quite happy having paid for their report and the job they did on it.

Job Price

Hi eaudesnob... We're glad that you found the report useful. Good luck with your new roof. If you require our services moving forward, we'll be here to help. Take care.

jbjohnston87 in Toronto

Had missing shingles in asphalt residential roof. They came when they said they would and charged what they said they would. Repair is done as needed. Even sent pictures of repair in progress and finished.

Jen M in

Excellent customer service. I called due to evidence of a leak in my roof. They clearly explained the cost and options, repIred it within 2 days, and gave me a clearly written report with pictures. Since I can't easily access my roof I appreciated the photos which gave me peace of mind.

Job Price

Hi Jen... At its core, our reporting is for just that, "peace of mind". Like you, most of our clients are not going on their roofs, so the transparency in our reporting goes a long way to building the types of relationships we have with our clientele. Thanks for this. Cheers!

We connected with Mr. Roof in order to get an estimate for our skylight. Our existing skylight was old and was starting to leak. The sales representative was excellent in answering my questions and setting me up with an expert. He was upfront about all of the options and costs, there were no surprises which I really appreciated. The cost for the entire job and repair was a bit pricey compared to other companies - but I truly believe in "you get what you pay for" and I definitely got a great product and excellent service.

Pietro Was our roofing specialist who went up and assessed both sky lights. Upon his completion I was given a thorough report with pictures and recommendations regarding next steps and solutions.

On the day of installation, Pietro and Dan arrived and set up without any trouble. They were quick, efficient and professional. They showed me the new skylight and walked me through its features. Once completed they tided up and left everything clean... as if they had never been there!
Pietro and Dan were such a pleasure to speak with and made sure all of my answers were addressed before leaving. The following day I received a final report which provided me with the step by step pictures of what was done and how they did it.

If you're looking for a company that is professional, upfront and customer focused - I highly recommend Mr. Roof repair and its team!

Job Price

Hi There... Thanks for this thoughtful review and for mentioning something that we believe strongly in: "You get what you pay for". However, in an unregulated industry, even getting what you pay for is difficult. This is just one reason that the roofing industry is a very difficult space for consumers to navigate. With all of the elements that create a service, like the one here at Mr. Roof Repair, whereby consumers can bypass those pitfalls through our training, education, accreditations, manufacturer affiliation, licensing, having all of the proper insurances, transparency, reporting, thorough and constant communication, attentive customer service, high-level production, etc., costs will always be higher. As we all know, cost and value don't always align. We're glad we can provide a service where it does and we're happy it did for you. Again, thanks for this well written commentary. We look forward to servicing you in the future. Take care.

Simon from Markham

I've called Mr Roof Repairs and told them about the dripping sound behind the bathroom wall. Two days later, Melissa came to my house on time @ 9am. She went up on the roof and found the damaged area, she fixed the leak and by 9:30am, she was done. After she was done, she told me about the condition of the roof and provided recommendations how I can prevent future leaks. She is very professional and honest. The entire process from start to finish was very smooth. Definitely will recommend Mr. Roof Repairs to our family and friends.

Job Price

Hey Simon... We think Melissa is great too ;). Glad we could service you in this manner and look forward to working with you again, when the need arises. Take care!

Anson in Boston

We had bought our house 2 years ago where the previous owner had redone the roof 7 years prior. April 2017 was a windy and rainy month in Toronto and we had noticed some water damage around the walls of our skylights that had formed. Also, the roof flashing/siding at the back of the house had torn off from the wind and was banging against the roof. We used the web form and I received a call the next business day. Julian was very professional and clearly explained the visit to do the assessment on the roof and that any repairs they can do on site, they would. I provided a CC to book the service, which they did not charge until the visit and assessment was complete and delivered. The flashing was put back at first visit and a full report was provided 3 days later including pictures. Unfortunately, I have to replace our skylights and bathroom vent due to what seems like a poor installation from the previous roofers. Julian provided me a quote, which I was able to compare with another reputable roofer--and their prices are comparable. So we have decided to have Mr. Roof Repair do the work. Will write another review once the skylight and vent repairs are done. Great initial experience.

Job Price

Hi Anson... As far as well thought out, well written reviews go, this is as good as it gets. Detailed, educational and transparent. Thank you for this. We will work hard to make sure the rest of your experience matches our relationship thus far. Cheers!

Alice in Toronto

I'm very happy with the service this company provided. Easy to communicate, and very patient and professional to tell you the whole work process. Job done well! Thanks David and Adam! If the price can drop a bit, would be great!

Job Price

Hi Alice... Thank you very much for the kind words. This is very much the experience we work so hard for our clients to have. Understood on the price, but 4 story town homes come with very difficult access and safety is a concern. they will always cost a little more than a traditional 3 story town home. Take care.

We had a small leak in our roof that was coming into our upstairs bathroom. They came the next day (EARLY!) and Justin was amazing. He fixed the leak within an hour provided a full report and overall was amazing. If you have a roof leak, just call them, don't bother looking for anyone else. Amazing attention to detail and customer service.

Job Price

Hi There... Glad we were able to help on such short notice. Thanks for the kind words. Take care.

I paid $150 for a quote on my east york flat roof. The fact that they charge you for a quote is ridiculous and I should have stopped there. They then took a week to let me know that it would cost me almost $20000 for a 300 sq ft flat roof. Please never contact this company...

Job Price

While we welcome feedback from our clientele, we also expect that feedback to be based in truth and to be factual. This client’s commentary is not. He was NOT charged for a quote. The client approached us and contracted a full roofing system assessment service, which is a paid service that includes a 15 page report, documented with pictures and annotations on the state of his overall roofing system. This includes the shingled portion as well. The client was informed from the onset, several times in fact, that the report he requested can take 3 to 5 business days to produce depending on our workload. He is correct however, that to remove and dispose of 450 sq ft, not 300 sq. ft. and a minimum of 3 layers of old, mixed roofing material and metal on a roof with poor access, rebuild to positively slope, custom flash and implement a new flat roofing system that would take 3 to 4 days to complete if proper safety precautions are taken, would cost him $17,500. Standard for any reputable, accredited company that not only stands behind its work but implements to manufacturer specifications so that the manufacturer warranty is upheld. This client approached us because he wanted a clear, unbiased view of his roofing system and recommendations on a path forward from a company that is accredited and regarded as we are. However, he is unhappy that the level of workmanship, warranties and customer service we provide is not priced similarly to the roofing companies that he didn’t want to deal with in the first place.

More about Mr Roof Repair.ca

Helping your protect your home in the GTA since 1979! Backed by a 30 year history of quality workmanship and solid referrals combined with experienced and well trained roofers. We are roofing specialists that offer you a timely solution oriented approach to solving all your roof repair problems and concerns. Ensuring your peace of mind by providing a timely solution and or permanent roof repair to avoid issues in ...