Tip Top Trough

Reviews for Tip Top Trough

Mo
Mo

Eavestrough cleaning

I first hired Tip Top Trough last year to replace the eavestroughs on our house. We were extremely happy with their work so we used them again this year to clean the eavestrough. Once again, they did a great job. I’ve been recommending them to friends and would totally use them again.

Mo, once again YOU were a pleasure to work for. We hope to be able to continue cleaning your eavestroughs again. Best, the team at TTT

Failed job

When I assess tradesmanship, I look at SKILL and WILL.

SKILL: This company failed to properly seal an eavestrough joint at my house. They only offered 2 weeks of warranty, which speaks to the self-confidence they have in their own job. While there was no rain for at least 4 days after the job was done, the seal failed (dripping restarted) about 1-2 months later. This is why for the job they did for me, I am rating the skill very low on the scale provided.

WILL: When I informed them of the problem recently, I was hoping that they will stand up for the job they did and consider addressing it, since all my other joints (more than 15 years old) are without issues. I even offered to pay half the price of the original job, as paying for the full job again just a few months later would be nonsensical. While the company responded initially, they did not agree to do the right thing to admit that they failed on a simple job and accept the proposed compromise.

So I am back to square one and have to pay another company to get this done, which is why I am not recommending this company.

I would hope that for this company and others, it is not only about money, but also about the good feeling of a job well done and satisfied customers - I find it more and more rare to find tradesmen who take pride in the work they do.

Hi Adrian. We at Tip Top Trough take great pride in the work that we do. We do the best work that we can for our clients and we are always upfront and honest. Once we have educated our clients with their situation and our protocol, we allow them to make an educated decision. As I mentioned to you in our extensive email exchange I am sorry that the leak seal did not hold through the winter months. When we started this process of working together back in August of 2017 I told you that we do not warranty leak seals. I explained to you that it is the only service that we do not warranty because they are very finicky and there are many factors that affect the seal. I told you that I would come back and reseal it if you called back within a month of us doing the work. I didn't hear back from you until March 2018. If it was poor workmanship, you would have seen the leak in the fall of 2017.
As a small family run business trying to succeed we have to draw the line somewhere... blackmailing us with a bad review won't work because we didn't do anything wrong.

Jerome
Jerome
2 reviews , ON

Facade Renovation

Heavy winds demolished the front facade of our home. Within hours the Tip Top crew were onsite and worked diligently to match the existing colors and rebuild all damages. Their expertise, professionalism, and quality of work, not to mention their friendly attitude, made this project seamless and easy. We couldn’t be more thrilled! Thanks Tip Top!!

Wow! Thanks for the rave review Jerome. We hope to be able to knock your socks off again !

breanneff
breanneff

Trough installation

I found TTT on Homestars and called them because the eaves on the side of my house fell off. Originally I only wanted to do the one side but when Pierce came out he advised me to do the whole house because they were old and economically it was the best way to go. Myriam scheduled a temporary fix to get me through a couple of weeks - which I really appreciated! The crew came before winter set in and I was able to go to Florida knowing that my eaves were well taken care of. I will be calling TTT to clean my new eaves in the fall.

Thank you from the team at Tip Top Trough! We were happy to be able to help you with the Eavestrough before the winter set in!

Melanie from King CIty
Melanie from King CIty

Complicated repair work

Pierce was excellent with his solutions. Tip Top came out to repair 4 different copper eaves and downspout areas with issues of sloping and drainage. The front downspout had been draining into a dammed up garden bed and flooding via a vent into the basement. Not an easy fix as it is the front of your house with a retaining wall garden. They hid the new sloping eavestrough behind boxwood and out via a removed stone in the wall. Nice job in a difficult area. Edgar and crew polite and efficient. Cold day too!

Melanie, we are thrilled the solutions worked out so well also! This was our second job for you- cheers to many more!

Nick in Richmond Hill
Nick in Richmond Hill

Cleaning service done as expected

I hired Tip Top Trough to perform cleaning and reconnect an elbow. Both were done as expected without issues. Their response was quick and professional and the timeline provided was very reasonable. I would recommend them.

Thanks for the feedback Nick. We hope to work with you again in the future as well.

Lynn G.
Lynn G.

Eavestrough replacement

I thoroughly enjoy working with Tip Top Troughs to attend to the needs of my homes eavestroughs. This is our second time working with this business and we are pleased with how they fixed a botched DIY and made us compliant with city policy. The process to book was easy and the response was quick for each service request. The team is professional, on time, innovative and helpful. If you are looking for a professional team that will attend to your eavestroughs genuine needs. Then Tip Top Troughs are the way to go.

Lynn, we are happy that we were able to help you with this DIY project. Kudos to your uncles for trying to help your mother. I hope to be able to do work with you again in the future :)

Jeffrey Dvorkin from Old Toronto
Jeffrey Dvorkin from Old Toronto

Replaced a leaky eavestrough.

An old downspout sprang a leak during the recent melt. Tip Top had done another job for us on the front of the house. I called them, and Pierce came by to explain what was required. His two workers arrived soon after and they were friendly, efficient and did precisely what I wanted. A great job and I'm happy to recommend them anytime.

Thank you Jeffrey. We would be happy to work with you again in the future! But Now that you have new eaves, you be needing much more than a cleaning.

j-jeffrey
j-jeffrey

Eavestrough

Worked from 8:30 Am to almost 6 PM and it was cold ! Did a great job found some holes near the top of the roof from wildlife which they even put a temporary cover over until the spring when they can fix it. Overall good job ! They are busy tho if you want the work done asap call and book today !

Thanks J-Jeffrey. You were a pleasure to work with also! Fall is our busy time - we were happy to be part of your fall season. All the best

Rita W in Toronto
Rita W in Toronto

Great Company

I hired Tip Top Trough to clean my eaves troughs and reattach a section that was falling. off. They arrived as scheduled and did a good job. Myriam is always on top of things. I found Tip Top on HomeStars and have used them once before. They did a fine job then too.

Hi Rita. The team at Tip Top Trough is thrilled to have been able to help you with the eavestrough resecuring service. Our experience with yourself both times was also fantastic. We wish you all the very best this holiday season and hope to hear from you again in the future.

More about Tip Top Trough

Gutters & Eavestroughs, Eavestrough Repair, Window & Gutter Cleaning

Tip Top Trough has been specializing in aluminum and copper for almost 20 years. Pierce, the owner, has found great success in treating clients’ homes as if it were his own. We will add that little extra bit of care to your project. No matter the size.

At Tip Top Trough, we pride ourselves on our industry-leading customer service, as well as our experience in providing custom solutions for all of our clients’ eavestrough and aluminum needs.

Tip Top Trough’s cleaning services are thorough; the repair jobs are quick and efficient; and the installations are of the highest quality.

Tip Top Trough is fully insured with WSIB and General Liability, as well as is a Licensed Contractor for the City of Toronto.

Tip Top Trough Services

> Eavestrough: clean, repair & installation

> Eavestrough resecuring, resloping

> Downpipe: disconnection, extension, installation, resecuring, reassembling, rain barrel installation

> Heating wire: supply & installation

> Ice Damn removal

> Rain barrel Installations

> Flashing - Chimneys, Windows and doors

> Skylight repairs

Call us today for a free quote 416-781-7406 or visit us online Tip Top Trough and fill out our quick form!