The Hardwood Flooring Stores

Felix in Toronto
Felix in Toronto
6 reviews Richmond Hill, ON

Flooring

We just replaced the entire houses' flooring due to a full house reno. Was recommended Richard Barclay by a friend who had also found him for his own reno. We put in preverco engineered flooring, looks great, seems super durable and we got a great price. The floors were installed by Andrew and Vitaliy (sp?). They were great, superb attention to detail, quick and clean. Would definately recommend these guys to my friends who are doing renos. Thanks a lot guys!

AD in Markham
AD in Markham
1 review Richmond Hill, ON

Nightmare floor installation

(1) The Hardwood Flooring Store and their associated installers damaged my property including my new Preverco hardwood floor; my dishwasher; my cabinets; my baseboards. There are many dozens of dents and scratches on the new floor which occurred during installation. They went contrary to the approaches discussed with me beforehand. Other than replacing a punctured dishwasher pipe, they have not made things right. Instead Nick/Darren/Carey have been adversarial and dismissive towards me. (2)They did NOT install the new underlay that I had paid for, and which was approved by my condo board; instead they just drove away with the new underlay which I had paid for. Luckily I discovered this within a couple of days of the floor installation (when I again removed my cabinet kickplates and saw the new floor sitting on the old underlay). They had no choice but to give me a refund for the new underlay once I discovered that they had not installed it. (3) They charged me for work that was not performed. The initial quote included removing and disposing of the old underlay; and installing the new underlay. Obviously they did not do these tasks, but they refused to give me a refund for this work that they did not perform . They told me that they don’t charge for those tasks anyway, or they don’t charge much for those tasks so they don’t owe me a refund. (4) Their finishing nail punctured my dishwasher water pipe and caused a leak impacting my new Preverco hardwood floor. They were dismissive that this could cause damage to my new hardwood floor. (5) The floor installers; and later the plumber they sent to fix my dishwasher pipe; used my clean bathroom and left it in the disgusting condition of a port-a-potty.

1 review Richmond Hill, ON

Terrible!

Went into their Markham store to have a look. The Salesman was so obnoxious, there is no way I could possibly deal with these people. Very pushy, totally egnored what I asked for. Kept trying to steer me toward what he thought was stylish. A real know it all! I just couldn't stomach it any longer. Walked out. Went else where totally different experience!

Mike Fry in Oshawa
Mike Fry in Oshawa
3 reviews Courtice, ON

Purchase and Installation of ~1700 sq.ft. of Hardwood in New Courtice Home

My wife and I have always wanted to have hardwood flooring in our home but were not able to make this happen until moving into our new 23 year old bungalow home in Courtice. The home was tired and needed extensive renovations to make it more liveable for us seniors. This included a total flooring replacement of mix of worn out carpeting and old non professionally installed hardwood of mixed colouring because it had likely been installed by the previous homeowners. My family finally decided upon Perverco (Canadian) hardwood an after an exhaustive search for a knowledgeable flooring distributor, we found The Hardwood Flooring Store in Markham. I was immediately put at ease by the Staff (Joe Garanta) who explained the products, the installation requirements and the total costs for the project in exceptionally clear details that I completely understood. The flooring replacement was ~30% of my total renovation cost which I had funded out of our retirement savings, so I took nothing for granted in making this important decision. The follow up customer service offered was very supportive of my project schedule requirements, which had to be rescheduled a few times to work around other trades on the project. When the final install date was confirmed and executed, the Installers, Vitaly and Andrew, provided to install our hardwood flooring were on time every day, extremely respectful of other trades and work being completed at the same time and also extremely respectful of the inside of our home. Vitaly and Andrew ensured that they minimized dust inside the house from cutting the flooring by using a good quality dust extractor during the install. They very professionally laid out the patterns for the best visual appearance, aligned and installed the hardwood between rooms without transitions. The final installation is stunning and appreciated by everyone who sees it. Many thanks to Vitaly and Andrew for your professional skills and for making our house into a very appealing home because of these skills. I would absolutely recommend The Hardwood Flooring Store (and I do to people I know) and the elite Installers Vitaly, Andrew and other crews that help use with our flooring needs. When completed there was very little wastage from this project (there was only 3or 4 planks left over from 82 cartons used). In closing, great value for money, very professional installation, great Canadian hardwood and very professional and appreciated customer service from the knowledgeable showroom staff.
I highly recommend The Hardwood Store to everyone. I know I will be going back for my flooring needs to complete our next project the basement.

owenatfinch in Toronto
owenatfinch in Toronto

New Hardwood in main floor

We are return customer. This time we purchase the hardwood floor for the main floor and let store installation team work for us. They did excellent job, quick and nice. Plus the hardwood floor quality is good.

Joshua from Toronto
Joshua from Toronto

Expert Knowledge, Great Price

We came in with a Houzz photograph showing the type of flooring we wanted for the main floor of our renovated house. Richard was great to deal with, and knew what we wanted right away. Our new walnut floors are fantastic, high-quality and Canadian made. Very happy.

Note: we did not use them for installation, so I can't speak to that.

Daniel in Vaughan
Daniel in Vaughan

Hardwood oak

We bought 1500sf hardwood oak (plus other materials for the installation). Good product at ok price. Nick was nice to deal with.

They do not install, but set us up with one of their contractors (Adam from AA Flooring). His work was alright, but we needed him to come back to fix up some flaws, which he did. Labour cost was ok (excluded from total below) but we also had him refinish our stairs and that was on the higher side compared to others and the initial finish was quite rough. Adam was responsive and we are satisfied with the end product now.

Brad in Richmond Hill
Brad in Richmond Hill
3 reviews Richmond Hill, ON

Hardwood Flooring and install services

The Hardwood Flooring Store in Markham provide excellent customer service --Darren and the install team--Jack and Tom.

Darren helped me to select the right floor for our home, answered all of my questions and provided great value in the product and service. Jack and Tom were absolutely professional, the floors look stunning and the installation was well done and on time. My wife and I are really pleased we chose to do business with The Hardwood Flooring Store and would definitely recommend them.

Aaron Jeffrey from Nelson
Aaron Jeffrey from Nelson
1 review Nelson, BC

Engineered Maple Hardwood Floors

We live in a remote house in BC. Ron was able to find us a deal and ship to our door for a great price. We love the engineered maple and feel it is a high quality product.

Marci and Jeff Cooper in Thornhill
Marci and Jeff Cooper in Thornhill
4 reviews Thornhill, ON

Hardwood Floor Purchase and Installation

We had been contemplating redoing our entire house (upstairs, all bedrooms and main floor) in hardwood for a long time. We needed to work with someone who could help us visualize what we wanted. Richard Barclay was the right guy. He listened and guided us even providing us with large samples to help us make our decision. He answered all our questions and made sure he understood what we were looking for. We ordered Preverco Maple Hardwood Floors and they are beautiful. Vitali & Andrew were the installers. They were amazing!!! The job was big as they had to remove laminate flooring that had been laid over old hardwood which they had to remove as well. They also had to raise the railing upstairs in order to accommodate a smooth finish. They also had to work around built in cabinetry and an already renovated kitchen. Nothing was a problem for them and they finished the job in 7 days. They did a great job and left the house each day very clean. They also moved our big furniture around. The installation of the new floor is immaculate and it looks wonderful. We are extremely happy with the work that they did. We originally thought that installing hardwood floors would be a huge headache and a big disruption in our lives but Richard, Vitali and Andrew made it painless. The results are magnificent and I would recommend these gentlemen without any hesitation.

More about The Hardwood Flooring Stores

Established in 1977 as a clearinghouse for the two leading Canadian hardwood flooring manufacturers at that time, The Hardwood Floorings Stores has grown to become Canada's largest supplier of hardwood floors to the public. Specializing in hardwood flooring and laminates, we are focused on bringing the best possible value to ...