College Pro Painters

Mark HS.  in Lethbridge
Mark HS. in Lethbridge
1 review Lethbridge, AB

Home exterior painting disaster

In 2014 we hired local College Pro Painters Franchisee Ian Ouwerkerk to paint our older flat stucco home. The surface was very chalked and Ian understood this going into the project. We noted that the prep would be critical in the success of the job. The pressure wash and chemical application was done in the rain. One painter showed up to paint the whole house, a high two story, a 6000 square foot two story building. We were quoted two coats, we only observed the painter moving around the large wall areas one time. Within 30 days the paint began popping off the surface. They came and scraped and patched the first wall that peeled. It continued to peel off on that wall and the other three as well. We have had 4 different College Pro reps here since the claim was filed in early 2015. Each rep is sympathetic, promises to get the claim rolling, brings over the paint Rep and nothing ever happens. After 3 years of calling, each spring College Pro sends over a new local rep who can't find any prior documentation of the claim and wants to start everything over again. I have asked for their legal department contact and a head office manager contact. None has been forthcoming to date. I believe College Pro is trying to blame the paint manufacturer and the Paint Manufacturer is blaming improper preparation for the failure. I have had the job inspected by another professional , one that I have hired to do my commercial buildings, and he stated clearly an elastomeric paint should have been used and a strong chemical acid treatment applied before painting. His opinion was neither was done properly. The house has to be sand blasted now or hand scraped back to the original chalked surface before a proper job can be done. Dealing with College Pro is a nightmare, our house looks like an abandoned warehouse and we feel ignored. I would strongly caution anyone considering hiring a local College Pro Franchisee to do any work. Their warranty is worse than worthless.

jeffrey.g.reitz in Moncton
jeffrey.g.reitz in Moncton

House painting

The guarantee given by College Pro is worthless. The painters did a slipshod job in repair work for which I paid extra, and it fell apart after about 3 months. There were many promises to fix the problem by the painter and by College Pro, but after many months, absolutely nothing was done (other than to acknowledge that something should be done).

Exterior painting of the second story of our house

John D of the Toronto region was the manager responsible for our project. He was very knowledgeable and professional. He kept us well informed on the timing for our job which had to be changed several times due to rainy weather. The painters did a very nice job, very little over spray or clean-up required.

We are very satisfied and would recommend John and his crew for other similar work.

Gerry in Stirling
Gerry in Stirling
1 review Lethbridge, AB

Outside doors, door posts

We were promised 2 coats of paint, with at least 6 hours of drying in between. Instead they rolled they rolled the first coat and the second coat witin 5 minutes of each other. When I questioned them, their reply was that it was very warm out and the paint didn't have to dry in between coats!. Doors were never opened to do the posts because "it was not included in the quote". Don't know what they mean by a 2 year warranty, paint is peeling from the posts already. Never again!

Kris Burlington in Burlington
Kris Burlington in Burlington
1 review Burlington, ON

Painting

Hello there,

I would like to express my displeasure with College Pro Painters after a recent experience.

We had Chris Lancaster come to our home in July for a quote -Chris was awesome and we decided to provide a downpayment for the job to be done. We spoke in depth about the work and ended up booking Oct 14-18. We required several coats of primer and a neutral wall colour plus trim/ceiling. I work shifts so this weekend was the best for us and Chris agreed. He told me he would contact me a week or two before the start date to ensure we were ready and to have swatch colours ready etc.

The day before the start we had heard nothing so I emailed Chris. He advised me that my details had been passed along to Brandon and he was surprised Brandon hadn't contacted us. He said he would reach out to him and someone would get right back to us. As the 2nd day of the painting date comes to a finish - we still have not heard from anyone. Knowing that we only had 2 days left we have decided to cancel our contract as it was not fulfilled at College Pro's end.

We have requested our deposit returned and we will complete the job ourselves as we are currently living with furniture all over the place and bare walls etc. Unacceptable.

We are very disappointed with College Pro and with Chris and feel somewhere someone dropped a ball.

Providing we get our deposit back we will not take this further.

Regards,
Kris Gauthier
Burlington

Vinay in Ajax
Vinay in Ajax
1 review Ajax, ON

Complete House and Deck Painting

A very dissatisfying experience. Kovi the Franchise owner is a smooth talker, he has no concept of Keeping up the schedule, he and his painter are fly by night affair and did a very shoddy and hatchet execution. We were promised that the deck would be power washed and then painted, let alone power wash, it was very badly painted and left half way. Tried to contact Kovi , but since we paid, as seniors, complete payment, no response and his voice mail did not accept messages.
The walls painted showed the streaks and difference in Paint. We were charged for Better paint but Kovi did not show us what better paint was?
We regret to say that we will not recommend this establishment to anybody, specially seniors as service was pathetic and a hatchet job. The painter were either rude or did not speak English to explain them anything, lack of Communication.

1 review Winnipeg, MB

The worst. Couldn't paint a bedroom in four months!

Never hire them, get real painters. Had 4 months to paint one bedroom. Never showed or showed unannounced. Unprofessional. Charged double ($50/can) for paint. Kept deposit. Awful. Did it myself.

1 review Thunder Bay, ON

Paint

College pro was hired to strip the front deck and repaint due to peeling paint. The job was completed and within months the paint was already starting to peel up but due to "no warranty on decks" this service was not warrantied. It is a small deck that does not get used (rear door for access to the house). For the amount of money that was paid for the 6' X 5' deck I am very unsatisfied and would not recommend them whatsoever. Poor workmanship and poor quality of paint used.

Elaine in North York
Elaine in North York

Outdoor Painting

I had placed a work order for getting painting done. Commitment was to start 1st week of June. The franchisee Cavin also have cashed my deposit cheque in May. I followed up and called the 1-800-465-2839 College Pro No. After 2 days of calls I was told that Cavin is no longer with the company and they will find 'Duncan' who replaces Cavin to call me. After another 4 days, no response. I asked to have Duncan's manager to give me a call. Never heard from him either.

The agent at the 1-800 number is polite but can't really do anything for you. So don't think a number there will get you anywhere.

Very frustrating..... very poor service. If they can't manage to return calls, can College Pro Painters know how to run the business and get the work done?

Think twice before you call College Painter Pro. I am prepare to cancel the Work Order. Just want to contact someone to return my deposit so that I can move on.

Elaine, so sorry to hear about your experience to day -- definitely sounds like some wires got crossed on our end, and we'd like to do better. You can expect a call today from our General Manager in your area.

1 review Simcoe County, ON

Tremendously Poor Paint Job on our Entire House

I wanted to express a review of the College Pro service we have received at our house. We chose College Pro to paint our entire house about 5-7 years ago. I want to let you know that the service we have received at our house was fell tremendously short of our expectations. Students were unwilling to move and tape areas of the house and as a result, coloured paint has spilled over the walls. Furthermore, painters were not conscious of painting half of the room and leaving the rest completely white. For example, my laundry room - they only painted the exposed area of wall but not the area behind the laundry machine, leaving half of the wall blank. We only noticed this after we replaced our laundry machines. All of the washrooms with mirrors - the wall behind the mirrors were left untouched. Even worse, our furniture now has paint on it and is now ruined.