College Pro Painters

Natalie in Toronto
Natalie in Toronto
2 reviews Richmond Hill, ON

Terrible

If I could give a lower rating I would. We booked them in to come and give us a quote. The girl who booked us in was very kind, however when it came to the day of someone actually showing up...nobody came! We called the company when the person scheduled to come see us was 30 mins late. Someone from the company said, well we called his phone and he’s not answering, here’s his number if you want to call him...like are u kidding me? We did end up calling and after an hour figured nobody was going to come. We didn’t even get a call for an apology or to see how things went. Do not use this company! Very unprofessional!

DE from Grimsby
DE from Grimsby
2 reviews Grimsby, ON

Not happy

I had painters come to my home to paint the trim around the windows and doors and paint all doors and front pillar. Initially in the glare of the hot sun it looked ok but in the morning all the mistakes could be seen. The franchisee for my area wanted to send another crew but he would not say how much experience they had to correct all the mistakes and did not reply to last email. General Manager has yet to contact me after 2 calls, they have been paid in full for an unsatisfactory job.

We're sorry to hear that your job was less than satisfactory, and that you haven't heard from a General Manager. We have reached out to the GM in Grimsby and asked that they contact you -- we should have your information on file as you've called in. You are welcome to send a note to info@collegepro.com also detailing the best time and means to reach you. This is not the kind of experience we aim to provide for our customers, and clearly need to fix some things on your job, and in our communication.

Mark HS.  in Lethbridge
Mark HS. in Lethbridge
1 review Lethbridge, AB

Home exterior painting disaster

In 2014 we hired local College Pro Painters Franchisee Ian Ouwerkerk to paint our older flat stucco home. The surface was very chalked and Ian understood this going into the project. We noted that the prep would be critical in the success of the job. The pressure wash and chemical application was done in the rain. One painter showed up to paint the whole house, a high two story, a 6000 square foot two story building. We were quoted two coats, we only observed the painter moving around the large wall areas one time. Within 30 days the paint began popping off the surface. They came and scraped and patched the first wall that peeled. It continued to peel off on that wall and the other three as well. We have had 4 different College Pro reps here since the claim was filed in early 2015. Each rep is sympathetic, promises to get the claim rolling, brings over the paint Rep and nothing ever happens. After 3 years of calling, each spring College Pro sends over a new local rep who can't find any prior documentation of the claim and wants to start everything over again. I have asked for their legal department contact and a head office manager contact. None has been forthcoming to date. I believe College Pro is trying to blame the paint manufacturer and the Paint Manufacturer is blaming improper preparation for the failure. I have had the job inspected by another professional , one that I have hired to do my commercial buildings, and he stated clearly an elastomeric paint should have been used and a strong chemical acid treatment applied before painting. His opinion was neither was done properly. The house has to be sand blasted now or hand scraped back to the original chalked surface before a proper job can be done. Dealing with College Pro is a nightmare, our house looks like an abandoned warehouse and we feel ignored. I would strongly caution anyone considering hiring a local College Pro Franchisee to do any work. Their warranty is worse than worthless.

jeffrey.g.reitz in Moncton
jeffrey.g.reitz in Moncton

House painting

The guarantee given by College Pro is worthless. The painters did a slipshod job in repair work for which I paid extra, and it fell apart after about 3 months. There were many promises to fix the problem by the painter and by College Pro, but after many months, absolutely nothing was done (other than to acknowledge that something should be done).

Exterior painting of the second story of our house

John D of the Toronto region was the manager responsible for our project. He was very knowledgeable and professional. He kept us well informed on the timing for our job which had to be changed several times due to rainy weather. The painters did a very nice job, very little over spray or clean-up required.

We are very satisfied and would recommend John and his crew for other similar work.

Gerry in Stirling
Gerry in Stirling
1 review Lethbridge, AB

Outside doors, door posts

We were promised 2 coats of paint, with at least 6 hours of drying in between. Instead they rolled they rolled the first coat and the second coat witin 5 minutes of each other. When I questioned them, their reply was that it was very warm out and the paint didn't have to dry in between coats!. Doors were never opened to do the posts because "it was not included in the quote". Don't know what they mean by a 2 year warranty, paint is peeling from the posts already. Never again!

Kris Burlington in Burlington
Kris Burlington in Burlington
1 review Burlington, ON

Painting

Hello there,

I would like to express my displeasure with College Pro Painters after a recent experience.

We had Chris Lancaster come to our home in July for a quote -Chris was awesome and we decided to provide a downpayment for the job to be done. We spoke in depth about the work and ended up booking Oct 14-18. We required several coats of primer and a neutral wall colour plus trim/ceiling. I work shifts so this weekend was the best for us and Chris agreed. He told me he would contact me a week or two before the start date to ensure we were ready and to have swatch colours ready etc.

The day before the start we had heard nothing so I emailed Chris. He advised me that my details had been passed along to Brandon and he was surprised Brandon hadn't contacted us. He said he would reach out to him and someone would get right back to us. As the 2nd day of the painting date comes to a finish - we still have not heard from anyone. Knowing that we only had 2 days left we have decided to cancel our contract as it was not fulfilled at College Pro's end.

We have requested our deposit returned and we will complete the job ourselves as we are currently living with furniture all over the place and bare walls etc. Unacceptable.

We are very disappointed with College Pro and with Chris and feel somewhere someone dropped a ball.

Providing we get our deposit back we will not take this further.

Regards,
Kris Gauthier
Burlington

Vinay in Ajax
Vinay in Ajax
1 review Ajax, ON

Complete House and Deck Painting

A very dissatisfying experience. Kovi the Franchise owner is a smooth talker, he has no concept of Keeping up the schedule, he and his painter are fly by night affair and did a very shoddy and hatchet execution. We were promised that the deck would be power washed and then painted, let alone power wash, it was very badly painted and left half way. Tried to contact Kovi , but since we paid, as seniors, complete payment, no response and his voice mail did not accept messages.
The walls painted showed the streaks and difference in Paint. We were charged for Better paint but Kovi did not show us what better paint was?
We regret to say that we will not recommend this establishment to anybody, specially seniors as service was pathetic and a hatchet job. The painter were either rude or did not speak English to explain them anything, lack of Communication.

Private User reviews Thunder Bay, ON

Paint

College pro was hired to strip the front deck and repaint due to peeling paint. The job was completed and within months the paint was already starting to peel up but due to "no warranty on decks" this service was not warrantied. It is a small deck that does not get used (rear door for access to the house). For the amount of money that was paid for the 6' X 5' deck I am very unsatisfied and would not recommend them whatsoever. Poor workmanship and poor quality of paint used.

Looking for Paint & Wallpaper Contractors pros in Toronto?