Danny's Appliance Service

Appliance Repair
Oakville ON
HomeStars  >  Appliance Repair in Oakville  >  Danny's Appliance Service

Reviews for Danny's Appliance Service

Unprofessional, arrogant, and dishonest.

I am a commercial mechanical engineer with over 50 years experience, but due to my back problems I called Danny to replace a faulty switch on a 1 year old GE dryer. I was quoted $200 including HST. After the switch was replaced and he was reassembling the unit I noticed that one of the main dials (time selector) was loose and that he had neglected to put in a screw to secure it. When I brought this to his attention he argued that it was not important and told me 'don't worry' and claimed that it was never there before. It was not until I insisted several times that he finally agreed to replace the screw. He was very arrogant with me and I think that is why my future Son-in-law finally decided to intervene. When it came time to pay, he handed me an invoice with no HST number and wanted me to pay $185+HST which amounted to more than the $200 he quoted me. When I called him out on it, Danny became very rude and argued that he could not have done the taxes in his head so there is no way he would have quoted that amount. On principle I insisted that Danny honour his word and then out of spite he tried to increase the invoice to $340. After threatening to call the police and report him to CRA for tax evasion, he quickly changed his tune. After all of this Danny still had the nerve to ask if I still wanted him to fix the oven in the kitchen.

My advice: AVOID at all costs.

Ali Ahmed in Oakville
Ali Ahmed in Oakville

Dishwasher repair

Called Danny from the Oakville Beaver, he came in on a Saturday, had the part with him, but was not the right one, so promised to come back Tuesday, got the right part fixed it and was super friendly and cost effective. Old guy with years of experience, I have already fwd his number to a friend of mine.