Lillie Family Heating & Plumbing Ltd

3305 McTavish Court Coquitlam BC
Lillie Family Heating & Plumbing Ltd

Reviews for Lillie Family Heating & Plumbing Ltd

Private User reviews North Vancouver, BC

Expensive and fail to fully disclose costs

Had a to call them out when my boiler failed on New Year's eve day...called in the morning and was told plumber would come out when he was done his first job. Was told labor rate on holiday was $220/hr for first hour plus $110/hr thereafter. Plumber spent 1 hour, diagnosed problem, billed me $220 PLUS a $140 CALLOUT fee...when I questioned the callout fee he said, "call head office". 3 days later, new plumber arrives with replacement part and a spare. He installs the part, breaks it, so he uses the spare up. Tells me it was not his problem that the part broke and that I would have to get it replaced myself. I said his job was to repair my boiler and leave me with a spare part. I told him he failed to leave me a working spare. I get a bill from him for $110 for one hour labor PLUS a $70 callout fee plus I paid for 2 parts although I only have one. I then questioned the callout fee...he said call the office. I spoke with Scott at Lilllie Family plumbing office and asked why I had to pay a $70 callout fee for scheduled work. He said, "our guy needs time to get the parts"..I said, I paid $110 for 15 minutes of work...the parts store is a 5 minute detour on the way to my house...surely it could have been included in the 1 hour. He said the GPS in the truck showed the plumber was at my house for nearly the full hour....I said, "your plumber told me his breaking the part was my problem so I went out and replaced the part myself. In the 19 minutes it took me to go from my house, replace the part and return, I found the plumber texting on his phone in front of my house while I was out replacing the part he broke so he could run up the billing on the repair. If these guys were honest, reputable and had one ounce of integrity, they would have billed me 1 hour for the last day of work...15 minutes to install part, allow 15 minutes of travel time from previous job and and 20 minutes to get the part..not $180. Additionally, when Lillie supplies parts, the cost is 20% higher than you can buy yourself as a retail buyer at a plumbing store...Lillie made an additional $56 on inflating the price of the parts they installed (you would think that markup would over travel time) notwithstanding they broke one of the parts and washed their hands of it. I have 3 calls in to Scott at Lillie Family plumbing and heating...all I get is, I need to look into it, I will call you back. Take your business elsewhere people.

Private User reviews Maple Ridge, BC

Boiler repairs

1st repair - no heat - came 3 times & charged us for 3 "cleanings" but could not find the problem. On the 4th visit, after refusing to pay for more "cleaning" & a call to the boss, the problem was found & fixed.
2nd repair - only ones available to come for Emergency repair for no heat. Diagnosed, parts ordered & installed & heat on. BUT...Now it won't turn off!! And they want to charge us again for another call! DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME or MONEY using them. We're now looking for someone to fix Lillie Family's "repair"!

Private User reviews Coquitlam, BC

Heating system service

The heating system worked fine. I asked them to do a regular annual service. Unfortunately after the service the boiler stoped working. I had to call the the second time. They charged me the same rate for the second visit. I ended up with the double cost for a regular service.

Good lesson in
Good lesson in
1 review Vancouver, BC

boiler repairing

This company is old, old not mean experience. New technics requires smart technician. My repair last almost 2 weeks, changed 3 very expensive parts, total costs about $5000(exactly as my replace the boiler cost) but the boiler still no working. At last, I have to ask other company to replace with a new SAME BRAND name Viessmann Boiler. I got a good lesson.

Private User reviews Burnaby, BC

Boiler

Delay after delay, excuse after excuse. Manager would not return calls. Multiple technicians.
They charged me for a 3rd site visit to fix their mistake. Had to dispute portion of charges with credit card company. Would not use again.

San
San
21 reviews Burnaby, BC

AC & Trane Furnace

Very knowledgable about all the products out there and how to install it. They quoted us and provided great service.

I highly recommend using Lillie Family Heating for any Plumbing or Heating jobs.

Debbie in New Westminster
Debbie in New Westminster
1 review New Westminster, BC

Leaking heating system

Called to have our heating system checked as it was leaking and the domestic water temp was fluctuating. Called Friday and Jessie was sent out on Monday he was professional and on time fixed everything suggested that we have some one in to service it more regularly. We were very pleased with the service we received from Jessie and would not hesitate to recommend Lillie plumbing to our friends.

Reluctant Renovator in Vancouver
Reluctant Renovator in Vancouver
2 reviews Coquitlam, BC

Hot water boiler system servicing and replacement of zone solenoids.

Zone solenoids needed replacing as well as a servicing and air bleed for the entire system. Darren not only did a great job but cleaned up some unneeded connections and piping.
looks much better and works just fine.
He was very knowledgeable about all aspects of the system.
Answered all my questions with a enthusiastic attitude.
Even came back on a separate call and replaced a main water inlet valve that was leaking. Very tricky install but was done smart and clean.
Highly recommend these guys.

Helpful Review
Helpful Review
40 reviews Burnaby, BC

Boiler Repairs

Called in for repairs to radiant hot water heating (one zone not working and system noisy). Zone issue fixed, but had to return to address the noisiness. Ended up paying for a new pump, which was not diagnosed during the first visit. After complaining, they reduced the charge for the second visit, but this is something they should've done without having the customer asking. Unfortunately, their pump failed after 2 years and had to replace it again.

susan in Vancouver
susan in Vancouver
13 reviews Vancouver, BC

replaced two zone valves and compressor

we had no heat in the house; lillie family came by within a couple days; was able to diagnose the problem quickly; recommended that we replace all the old pipes with copper ones to allow the super hot boiler to run more efficiently; we've had no problems since

Looking for Heating & Air Conditioning pros in Coquitlam?