Dufresne Furniture & Appliances Winnipeg Nairn Avenue

Dufresne Furniture & Appliances Winnipeg Nairn Avenue

Reviews for Dufresne Furniture & Appliances Winnipeg Nairn Avenue

Private User reviews Virden, MB

Stay away from

We recently bought a sofa and loveseat from Dufresne. It was a custom order.
The salesperson we dealt with gave us incorrect information regarding how the furniture would be delivered.  We were told that the sofa would be in 3 pieces and the loveseat would be in 2 pieces and would have to be assembled. Assembly would be simple so we chose the Free Shipping option. Arrangements were made for the delivery date.
When the furniture was delivered it was already assembled and  in the manufactures packaging. It wouldn't fit through the door. We told the person doing the delivery that was not how we expected it to come. We were given the option to have it left outside the door or let them take it back. We told them to take it back. The person contacted their office about what had occurred. The person told us that someone from the office would contact us within the hour. No one did that day.  Because no one from Dufresne's called we went into the store the next day. After a lengthy discussion, Dufresne's said they made an error when processing the sales agreement and would provide us with their White Glove delivery service.  While we were there we were treated very rudely. We were also told that a manager would call us, which never happened.
Once again we made arrangements for the delivery.
When the delivery came the sofa and loveseat  were assembled  in the manufactures packaging in the truck. The delivery guys took it out of the packaging (while in the the truck) and it easily fit through the entrance.
During our discussion with the manager we were told there would be some compensation for their screwup. We are still waiting.
One thing to keep in mind if you choose Free Shipping.  Dufresne's  website has a complete section on how to measure to make sure you can get the furniture you purchase into the area you want.  They can give you the dimensions of the furniture but cannot provide you with the dimensions of the manufacturers packaging, Which means that when the furniture is delivered, the furniture will fit through the entrance but the furniture in the packaging may not. The people delivering are not allowed to remove any packaging.The furniture will be left outside the entrance for you to deal with.
The Terms and Conditions document we were given to sign had an error in it. It even had a spelling mistake, That is a legal document.
Because of their salesperson not knowing their job, them not  phoning when they said they would,  the rudeness of the staff and  being given a legal document with an error (and spelling mistake) in it to sign I would not recommend buying anything from Dufresne.

Not Happy in Winnipeg
Not Happy in Winnipeg
0 reviews Winnipeg, MB

Delivery& customer Service

Ordered a washing machine from this company. Delivery guys came. Looked at space.( we had already measured space to be sure it would fit) they went back to truck. My fiancee came with them and noted it wasnt in a box. They then wanted to measure space themselves.. fine was ok with that.. they were asked to use back door twice at this point. Came in through front door uninvited walked through with his snow covered boots on brand new cork floor. Asked him to get off floors. Had to clean up water immediately. They refused to deliver through back entrance because of fence..old washer was larger and fit through no problems..then wanted us to sign waiver for damages..when asked against house or washer wouldnt give us straight answer...head delivery guy threw attitude right away..very lazy- this was White glove service btw..he left and right away told dufrene WE refused service!!! Uh no they walked out ond refused to deliver. I would never ever recommend this company to anyone ever. We did talk to customer service who really didn't care to rectify the situation.

kylac in Gimli
kylac in Gimli
1 review Gimli, MB

no fridge for over a month....

Super disappointed in this company.... we purchased all of our appliances from Dufresne Furniture & Appliances(fridge, stove, microwave/range hood, dishwasher, dryer, washer) two years ago. we purchased an extended warranty to cover all of the appliances for 4 years. My fridge broke (approx. $1800 fridge) on March 22nd, I called the customer service line explaining that my fridge doesn't keep anything cold, my freezer completely quit, leading us to lose hundreds of dollars (approx. $500) worth of food, my fridge is totally broken. I was advised hat someone would call me within 1-2 business days to set up an appointment to service my fridge. It took 3 weeks for them to find someone to service my area as I live 45 mins- 1 hour north of the perimeter... at first I was understanding and patient... but I had to constantly call to see what was going on,nobody called me back to update or even arrange the appointment for weeks. Now I have been told to wait another two weeks for the "parts" to hopefully fix my fridge...(the warranty covers the cost of a new fridge, but we were told that is not an option) today is exactly one month without a working ridge, which is absolutely ridiculous... Dufresne has not offered a temporary replacement fridge or any compensation for hundreds of dollars worth of food that was lost and the major inconvenience of living without a working fridge for a month as of today, and who knows how much longer. SO disapointed in this company and their lack of empathy/customer service.

Hi KylaC, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are disappointed to hear about your experience and would love the opportunity to review you concerns further. Please send us an email with your contact information along with your review comments to service@dufresne.ca so our guest care team can reach out to you.

Disappointed customer in Winnipeg
Disappointed customer in Winnipeg
1 review Winnipeg, MB

Disappointing 'resolution' to delivery damage

(Dufresne Furniture & Appliances on Ellice Avenue in Winnipeg)

"We create customers for life through a consistent and superior guest experience at every touch point." - Dufresne brand promise.

My brand new black stainless refrigerator was delivered with scratches on the front. The in-store sales experience was so professional and positive that I just assumed the after-sale experience would be consistent with that. I fully expected that Dufresne would want to take back the damaged refrigerator and replace it. Surprisingly, their response was that this was a claim that needed to go through LG for repair. After sending a photo and the required info as requested, LG said that repairing the finish would void the warranty and that I should contact Dufresne for a replacement. I found out that Dufresne's policy after delivery is to repair rather than replace. It's hard to believe a company that claims to provide a superior guest experience wouldn't take the high road and replace the product that was damaged by their delivery people. Why would any reputable company expect a customer to accept a new appliance in less than perfect condition? There are lots of appliance suppliers in Winnipeg, you don't need to shop at Dufresne.

Private User reviews , ON

Nothing but trouble

Where to start...

Delivery was a nightmare. The matress set I bought was not delivered on the day agreed upon. There was a huge run around to get a second delivery time. I had customer service calling me on the phone while I was already talking to customer service - this happened three times. Clearly the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing.

When the delivery guy finally showed up he didn't do his job. He was supposed to set everything up and take away all of the garbage. I am stuck doing that by myself. I am a woman who weighs 120 pounds - I should not have to do labor thatwas already paid for. Why did I pay 130$ to have this delivered and end up having to do the work myself?!

Dissatisfied customer in Winnipeg
Dissatisfied customer in Winnipeg
1 review Winnipeg, MB

Bought LG Washer, dryer and pedastals

Well, let me say never again. Beware!! Great friendly customer service when your buying but after that zero. I bought my set withe pedistals before I moved in to my new home and was concerned if pedistals would work. The salesman said no problem they could be returned. Well I paid for white glove delivery, they didn't even take pedistals out of boxes and after setting up washer and dryer said oh they probably would have fit, but then left.
I called three days later after moved in and was given the run around and told the pedastals were non refundable. WHAT!!! I told them what I was told and they said the salesman said he wouldn't have said that. Really, so the customer, is wrong. The are brand new in boxes never opened why can't they be? Apparently if I would have called within 24 hours to say they didn't fit I could have returned them. I am so upset and in discussion with coworkers, the lack of service is not uncommon. I will never buy from them again, I encourage you to think twice.

Private User reviews Ottawa, ON

Upsetting experience, poor after-sale service

I purchased a 100% top grain leather couch from Dufresne's Hunt Club location in Ottawa, but received a much cheaper couch with (plastic-like) split-grain on the sides and back. When making the sale, the salesperson told me that the couch would be entirely covered in the top grain leather from the leather swatch/sample that I had selected.

It has now been over a month and I have yet to get a resolution from this company. Their sales department says this is what they ordered (though it is not what I asked/paid for!), and their after-sales service department says this is “not a customer service issue." I have left messages for the Sales Manager, as I now want a full refund instead of just an exchange, but my calls have not been returned.

I spent a significant amount of money and have been sorely disappointed in both the quality of the product and Dufresne’s service.

Hi There! We understand you have had a frustrating experience and we apologize for any inconvenience this has been to you and your family. Please email us at info@dufresne.ca and include HomeStars Review in the subject line. Our Guest Experience team would love to get in touch!

Private User reviews Russell, ON

Poor After Purchase Service

We were originally sold on Dufresne's alleged service, and it simply does not exist. We purchased a fridge, stove, dishwasher, washer, and dryer when we moved to Ottawa in 2014, along with the four year extended warranty. Our stove and dishwasher (both Maytag) broke at the same time. We called the store on a Wednesday, and were told someone would be in touch with us by Friday to make service arrangements. Friday came, and no call. We phoned back and received an answering service, and left a message; again, no response. It is now Saturday, and we've since sent an email as well, and you guessed it: no response. Terrible service! Do business elsewhere. As a side note, I would avoid Maytag as well!

Private User reviews Saskatoon, SK

Dinning table set

The worst experience I can ever I had in my life from customer service point of view. So,
I bought a dinning table set 2 weeks ahead of delivery day, paid full money in advance and made sure 5 times that delivery comes on day that it suppose to come, the day they came to deliver, the whole table was made from glass and the time they took it out from truck the whole glass shattered into pieces right outside my house door, they didn't have courtesy to clean that up from road and they just left whole shattered glass right beside garbage bin and than even when I told them since you guys have no table now I won't need chairs but they still left chairs right outside my main door and marked it as delivered. I called customer service 5 times and store location and told them that's ok if they break table but at least they should have picked shattered glass pieces and throw it in bin because its not safe for us or even kids around if somebody going to touch it but nobody came or said SORRY or came to clean it up, another thing when I told them over phone that since you don't have table what I am going to do with your chairs than they said, you can bring them back and get refunded...Like seriously, why do I now gotta bring back the stuff because of you guys screwed up and why I spend my gas to bring back stuff which doesn't belong to me anymore just because you guys broke it, and exact same way and story I told to store manager, assistant manager and their customer service agents 1800 numbers too, nobody even said SORRY about that or even had shame on their face of their continuous mistakes, they were taking so pride by ripping off their customers time, place and table I purchased, only thing they were manage to tell me was "drop your chairs at DISTRIBUTION CENTER AND COME TO MAIN STORE AND THAN TAKE BACK YOUR REFUND",
Like I wasn't even mad about broken table but the way they provided customer service is utterly terrible. Never recommending any near mates to go to that store.
And when I am mentioning managers(store/assistant/customer), I literary talked to them exact same way and that's how exactly they responded to me without any apology or helping customer, don't know how come you guys can hire this kind of staff.

Private User reviews Sioux Lookout, ON

Bed Diaster at Dufrense

I bought a bed at Dufrense in Dryden and I live in Sioux Lookout Ontario. One hour away from the store. At the store, they did not provide me with the free delivery option which on the website it clearly states free delivery. When the bed was suppose to arrive, they called me at 10:30am to have the furniture dropped off. The delivery team said they only had the mattress and the box spring and the bed frame was too far back in the truck to get. At 2:00pm, the delivery team called me to drop off the bed frame. I had to miss work twice in one day and they charged me for delivery when I should have gotten it for free. Never shopping there again.

More about Dufresne Furniture & Appliances Winnipeg Nairn Avenue

Dufresne Furniture & Appliances is Western Canada’s largest independent furniture retailer with 14 locations. Dufresne offers a full array of furniture, mattresses, appliances and home accents so that you can find the perfect fit your life and style!
Looking for Furniture pros in Winnipeg?