Princess Perfect Upholstery

Upholsterers
963 Pape Avenue Toronto ON M4K 3V6
HomeStars  >  Upholsterers in Toronto  >  Princess Perfect Upholstery

Reviews for Princess Perfect Upholstery

Nothing perfect about Non-artist princess (Princess Perfect Upholstery)

Conning customers. Without written or explained policies of her payment formulas (schemes) Lisa Jo (owner) helped herself to $200. off my VISA card before we had agreed on 1. price of the work she said she could do 2. expected date of completion 3. finishes (she claimed what I wanted "was no longer available" --I said I'd find it--). I dropped on of 2 chairs on a Friday night as she was closing. Although it is her "livelihood" it was beyond her abilities to guesstimate the cost of redoing 2 simple armchairs without seeing them BOTH. I found her bullying tactics strange--I know the ratings on social media are freighted and often untrue and doubted her integrity more than once in our first exchange. The next business day (following a long weekend) I had the other chair in her studio and the price point was now advancing beyond the $350 mark ea. I got home called her studio spoke to her assistant told him I could not go forward with the indecision and disagreements on finishes and the pricing formula she employed which was completely unsound. I wrote an email to her at the same time saying I would look elsewhere for a less high-end shop. She did not respond to my calls or emails for the next 3 days. I then received a clumsy note where she told me I could pick up my chairs and she was entitled to the $200. deposit...???What $200.deposit.She had asked me to present a credit card which I assumed she would "hold" until work was done,, the way you hold a hotel or restaurant reservation. No receipt, nothing signed, no verbal or written agreement, no policy tacked on a wall, no license to do her 'trade' anywhere apparent--but she was keeping my $200. I immediately reported her criminal misdemeanor to the Ontario College of Trades who are investigating. I reported the incident to my bank manager who referred me to VISA disputes dept. which is where this file ferments. Her bipolar approach to client service; her total disregard of unspoken business etiquette, her Russian Roulette game/business reads as desperation. Why didn't she respond same day to my decision to not go ahead I asked..in hostile fury and heightened tome she half-shrieked "I am BUSY". Too busy to conduct business in accordance with Canadian business practices honouring consumer rights and the privileges of having access to a client's credit card. It's called FRAUD.

David Reid from Scarborough
David Reid from Scarborough
4 reviews Scarborough, ON

Excellent Re-Upholstery of An Armchair and Dining Room Chairs

After Princess Perfect did an excellent job re-upholstering one of our grandparent’s armchairs, we then had them recover the seat cushions on our six dining room chairs.
Juanita was very patient in helping us pick fabric styles and colours and with an eye to style, wearability and fashion for each type of chair. All the workmanship was excellent and with good attention to detail. The chairs look great.
At our request, they sent out two of the dining room chairs to have the wood refinished and their supplier did a good job of matching the wood finish and colour with the other four chairs. Lisa Jo kept us well-apprised of the work progress. At the end we even had them make a cushion up from the small amount of fabric left over from the armchair. All-in-all a very positive experience. We highly recommend their work to others.

Couch repair and upholstery

Princess Perfect transformed a beautiful mid century gondola couch for us by replacing the fabric and repairing the structure. It looks fabulous and while there were a couple details that needed to be fixed after delivery, Lisa Jo provided excellent customer service and had everything fixed to our satisfaction without delay. I will post a photo soon. I would recommend this company to friends and family as the company is reliable, accommodating and professional.

Lennox in Toronto
Lennox in Toronto

Reupholstered accent chair

I brought my father's bedroom chair in to be reupholstered. I wanted to keep the chair but make it my own. Princess Perfect helped me greatly to pick the perfect fabric. I was able to take books home and make my selection carefully.
Apart from fabric Princess Perfect changed the foam support had the legs redone and repainted so a complete renovation. The chair is now an incredibly beautiful accent piece in my bedroom. It is a pleasure and joy just to look at it each day. I strongly recommend the services of Princess Perfect. I would not use any other service.

linda in Toronto
linda in Toronto

Living room furniture

Based on Homestars and other references I used Princess Perfect to reupholster all my living room furniture including wing arm chairs, sofa, 2 ottomans, and an oversized arm chair. As well they recovered the banquette in my kitchen and made tablecloths for a small round table in the kitchen. Lisa Jo and all the others were consistently helpful and a joy to work with - from the beginning in the selection of fabrics, to pick-up and delivery. The quality of the finished work was outstanding and the service was timely and professional throughout. I highly recommend Princess Perfect - an outstanding company.

Susan Braidwood in Toronto
Susan Braidwood in Toronto

Dining Room Chairs

I had 2 dining room chairs that looked a little sad. We chose the fabric from a large selection of choices, and Lisa Jo's team reupholstered them. I'm thrilled with the results. They look amazing!

Tamara Kerr from Old Toronto
Tamara Kerr from Old Toronto

Transformed my chair!

I brought in a chair that my parents donated to my household - it was hideous, with dated upholstery. The team at Princess Perfect toon the time to help me select the perfect fabric (colour, price, texture, and environmental considerations) and absolutely transformed this chair! It is now the standout piece in my bedroom.

suzan in Toronto
suzan in Toronto

Fabulous job

I brought in an old beaten up chair that I had picked up at the local dump and Princess Perfect transformed it into a masterpiece! When I had brought in the chair to be upholstered they were very busy as it was the Christmas season and so it took longer than expected to have the job completed but the final product made up for the delay 10 times over.

Marcia in Toronto
Marcia in Toronto

Chair renovation

I have brought two decrepit chairs to Princess Perfect. In both cases the chairs were beautifully reconstructed. One reason I chose to reupholster is that there is an excellent range of new fabrics to chose from. In both cases the fabrics were wonderful, one paisley and the other a strong yellow gold with bold floweral design. I enjoyed the creative process. The end result was stunning. Both chairs have been recovered meticulously. I would strongly recommend princess perfect for anyone wanting to renew and update furniture.

Susan L.
Susan L.

Upholstering Antique Chair

This is a wonderful store with attention to detail. The name of the store is appropriate because their work is perfect. My antique Lyre Back Chair with Swans heads and feet was carefully and meticulously transformed from no cushion, no seat to an absolute work of art. These chairs are very rare and Princess Perfect was careful and actually suggested a better way to upholster the chair with a two inch foam shaved to a one inch foam to accommodate the back which folds. Many thanks for a phenomenal job, I feel privileged to know a shop that specializes in any type of restoration.

More about Princess Perfect Upholstery

Princess Perfect Upholstery specializes in custom re-upholstery and restoration. Our mission is to remain true to the essence of each piece while incorporating and combining your vision with our creativity, passion and expertise.Re-upholstery can rejuvenate your furniture or create a one-of-a-kind piece. You can modify arms, add or remove a skirt and/or cushions -- there are unlimited choices when it comes to customizing your furniture.

***

Lisa Jo invites anyone considering re-upholstering a cherished piece of furniture to call any of her happy customers to find out what they have to say. You can't beat word-of-mouth to find a good upholsterer. One of the biggest mistakes people make is to go with price vs. reputation. "We are very proud of the reputation we have built."

***

We are looking forward to working with you.