Canadian Appliance Source

Reviews for Canadian Appliance Source

Lance from Toronto
Lance from Toronto

Great Store - if all goes well

I bought a vent hood - the size of the hood was not on the main web page describing the product. I assumed it was 30 inches. I didn't notice in the fine print of the specs section it was 24 in.

To correct the mistake after delivery I ordered a 30 in vent, but, I had to pay a 25% restocking fee an extra $56.45 delivery fee.

I had good experiences before, but be very sure about what you are ordering before giving out your credit card info.

Abysmal Customer Service Experience

STAY AWAY from this retailer! There are lots of other options in home appliances. Dealing with Canadian Appliance Source has been a complete nightmare for us. Two of our four appliances were delivered severely damaged (the fridge and dishwasher were so dented in various places that they looked like they had fallen right off the delivery truck!) Upon contacting CAS we were told that they would have to contact the manufacturer about a possible replacement which would take 7 days. After 7 days we received a notice that our request for replacements had been denied! Our emails then started going unanswered. We don’t know what we will do next but we feel like we have been totally ripped off.

Thank you for your review. My apologies that two of your appliances arrived damaged. Please understand that if you notice damage when inspecting your appliances upon delivery, you can certainly refuse them and the delivery team will take them back to our warehouse. If you signed the Bill of Lading, indicating that you had inspected your items and received them in good standing, then you would need to contact the manufacturer. The manufacturer will determine if they can repair or replace your items.

Would you please send your order number to our Customer Care email at cs@caslp.ca so we can look into the details of your concern?

Regards,
CAS

Martens build in Camlachie
Martens build in Camlachie
1 review Camlachie, ON

House appliance package

We recently purchased a home appliance package from Canadian Appliance Source Wellington Road, London, ON. From the moment we walked into the store, Erin was incredible. She treated us with the utmost respect and we felt like we were her priority. She listened to our all needs and found the appropriate appliances. She even laughed at the dad jokes that my husband dished out during our meeting!
During the process there was a couple of minor hiccups (which happen!) and Erin went above and beyond to resolve the issue and save us some more money to help the budget. Always appreciated!!! Erin, we thank you so much for your kindness and your help. You were an absolute pleasure to work with. We will gladly recommend CAS and Erin to all our friends and family.

GhostDrummer in North York
GhostDrummer in North York

Out of stock wait!

I purchased 6 new higher end appliances at a discounted cost of approximately $20,000 but there were a couple not in stock and so when they became avasilable and were sent they didn't fit. This is because when CAS does an order and has missing stock they close it and when the out of stock items come in they have no reference as to what I have and so cannot let me know that they are not compatible and that I will have then spend an additional $700 to install, uninstall and re-install due to their error. That being said, they do try their utmost to get you the best of what you need at your price point but one hand doesn't know what the other is doing as the communication is nil.
In conclusion, I have not had the use of my main Appliance since October due to the missing parts and/or the technician going on vacation for the past 3 weeks. Oops!

Xcalibr in North York
Xcalibr in North York

Buyer beware

Product delivered into home badly damaged in 9 places during move with damage to property. Company denied claim to property and items, no exchanges and no returns. CAS sucks! Lost my business.

Thank you for your review. Would you please send your order number to our Customer Care email at cs@caslp.ca so we can address you concerns?

Regards, CAS

limei in North York
limei in North York

good sale person

Ahmed is very knowledgable and friendly. He explain patiently the pros and cons of different brands. He took the effort to get me a good deal on the five appliances together.

DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY

This company should not be in business in Canada as it is not reflective of the other companies that do honest business. If you check, there are no current reviews.

This company takes your credit card and places your order, BEFORE TELLING YOU THAT THERE ARE CANCELLATION CHARGES. THEY EVEN RUN YOUR CREDIT CARD BEFORE THEY GIVE YOU THE INVOICE. AND OF COURSE, THE INVOICE HAS ALL THEIR LITTLE RULES ON IT...WHICH ARE SPECIFIC TO THIS COMPANY AND NO OTHER COMPANY HAS.

I will never buy from this company again as they are deceitful, and don't care about the customer...just getting your credit card.

They also promised to "Price Match" which they say they want to try to do, if you find a better price. However, that price has to be a published, advertised, price (which they never tell you beforehand). If it isn't advertised, then they will not even try to meet the price and there is no was you can cancel unless you pay 25% fee.

Huge disappointment....NEVER BUY FROM THESE GUYS

Vita in Edmonton
Vita in Edmonton
1 review Edmonton, AB

Frigidaire Refrigerator

My fridge was never delivered even though I spend extra shipping charges for my second delivery which was supposed to be on Dec 22, 2018. CAS charged the entire amount to my Visa card but failed to keep up their commitment to deliver the product. They refused to give the correct information and the delivery details. They really broke the customer trust. Please get your act together and try communicating with your customer if something goes wrong. Honesty is the Best Polocy.

T in North York
T in North York

washer, dryer purchase

Our experience with Canadian Appliance Source started out positive. We needed product quickly after our washing machine died. When we visited the store, we had good, knowledgeable service. Two days later, they called with a 4 hour delivery window for the next day (friday evening 3-7) which we were satisfied with. Unfortunately, at this point, our experience became quite negative.

The delivery people did not show up the next day, and no phone call was received. The following day we went into the store as we had not received any information regarding why the delivery didn't happen and our phone calls and emails were not returned. Unsatisfactorily, a delivery time was set up for the following Tuesday (8 days after the initial purchase) for the first delivery of the day (~7 am). To compensate us, the company decided to waive our delivery, take away and installation service fees (~$200)

The delivery did happen that day at 10:30 am (3.5 h after the promised delivery time). However, the installation could not be completed as there was no delivery of the steamer hose for the dryer. On the Thursday, our salesperson was contacted via email regarding the hose to which he replied he would get back to us.

At present time, it is 21 days since we initially purchased the washer and dryer, we have not yet received the steamer hose for the dryer and the promised refund has not been credited. We are told someone from "logistics" should call us and that the credit should have already happened.

In summary, it appears that if there are issues after the initial purchase of your product, this company has little incentive or recourse to problem solve to rectify the problem.

Thank you for your review. My apologies for the issues you experienced with regard to your delivery. There certainly should have been some sort of communication with you if the delivery team was going to be delayed or not able to complete your delivery on the scheduled day.

With regard to the steam hose kit, the units you purchased have the steam hose kit included in the box, however, it seems as though it was not included by the manufacturer when it was packaged.

As you stated, we did credit your account in the amount of $205.60 for your issues and this refund was processed on December 12, 2018. This amount should have been reflected on your credit card within 3-5 business days, depending on your bank.

Again, my apologies for any inconvenience.

Regards,
CAS

Claudette in Toronto
Claudette in Toronto

customer service

I purchased a fridge and there was a mix up on their end and the fridge was cancelled. When I spoke with an agent named Summer she apologize and was able to get me another fridge same day. While she was sorting it out my old fridge began to work so I no longer needed the fridge however I was told I would have to pay 25% of the cost. I called customer care and spoke with Jane O'Donnell who was extremely kind and allowed me in great detail tell my story and then informed me I would get a complete 100% refund. I couldn't of been happier with the service from Summer or Jane. Thank you both so much!! I will definitely purchase appliances from CAS in the future. Not only do they have the best prices but they have great customer care staff.

More about Canadian Appliance Source

With well over hundreds of household appliances shipped daily, fully stocked showroom, and a mega warehouse to keep our inventory fully stocked, we are currently one of the largest retail suppliers of household appliance throughout Canada. Our success has been built on a simple principle: take care of every customer ...
Looking for Appliance Retailers pros in Toronto?