Canadian Appliance Source

8.1 10 (1903 reviews)

GhostDrummer in North York
GhostDrummer in North York

Out of stock wait!

I purchased 6 new higher end appliances at a discounted cost of approximately $20,000 but there were a couple not in stock and so when they became avasilable and were sent they didn't fit. This is because when CAS does an order and has missing stock they close it and when the out of stock items come in they have no reference as to what I have and so cannot let me know that they are not compatible and that I will have then spend an additional $700 to install, uninstall and re-install due to their error. That being said, they do try their utmost to get you the best of what you need at your price point but one hand doesn't know what the other is doing as the communication is nil.
In conclusion, I have not had the use of my main Appliance since October due to the missing parts and/or the technician going on vacation for the past 3 weeks. Oops!

Xcalibr in North York
Xcalibr in North York

Buyer beware

Product delivered into home badly damaged in 9 places during move with damage to property. Company denied claim to property and items, no exchanges and no returns. CAS sucks! Lost my business.

Thank you for your review. Would you please send your order number to our Customer Care email at cs@caslp.ca so we can address you concerns?

Regards, CAS

Lance from Toronto
Lance from Toronto

Great Store - if all goes well

I bought a vent hood - the size of the hood was not on the main web page describing the product. I assumed it was 30 inches. I didn't notice in the fine print of the specs section it was 24 in.

To correct the mistake after delivery I ordered a 30 in vent, but, I had to pay a 25% restocking fee an extra $56.45 delivery fee.

I had good experiences before, but be very sure about what you are ordering before giving out your credit card info.

limei in North York
limei in North York

good sale person

Ahmed is very knowledgable and friendly. He explain patiently the pros and cons of different brands. He took the effort to get me a good deal on the five appliances together.

DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY

This company should not be in business in Canada as it is not reflective of the other companies that do honest business. If you check, there are no current reviews.

This company takes your credit card and places your order, BEFORE TELLING YOU THAT THERE ARE CANCELLATION CHARGES. THEY EVEN RUN YOUR CREDIT CARD BEFORE THEY GIVE YOU THE INVOICE. AND OF COURSE, THE INVOICE HAS ALL THEIR LITTLE RULES ON IT...WHICH ARE SPECIFIC TO THIS COMPANY AND NO OTHER COMPANY HAS.

I will never buy from this company again as they are deceitful, and don't care about the customer...just getting your credit card.

They also promised to "Price Match" which they say they want to try to do, if you find a better price. However, that price has to be a published, advertised, price (which they never tell you beforehand). If it isn't advertised, then they will not even try to meet the price and there is no was you can cancel unless you pay 25% fee.

Huge disappointment....NEVER BUY FROM THESE GUYS

Vita in Edmonton
Vita in Edmonton
1 review Edmonton, AB

Frigidaire Refrigerator

My fridge was never delivered even though I spend extra shipping charges for my second delivery which was supposed to be on Dec 22, 2018. CAS charged the entire amount to my Visa card but failed to keep up their commitment to deliver the product. They refused to give the correct information and the delivery details. They really broke the customer trust. Please get your act together and try communicating with your customer if something goes wrong. Honesty is the Best Polocy.

T in North York
T in North York

washer, dryer purchase

Our experience with Canadian Appliance Source started out positive. We needed product quickly after our washing machine died. When we visited the store, we had good, knowledgeable service. Two days later, they called with a 4 hour delivery window for the next day (friday evening 3-7) which we were satisfied with. Unfortunately, at this point, our experience became quite negative.

The delivery people did not show up the next day, and no phone call was received. The following day we went into the store as we had not received any information regarding why the delivery didn't happen and our phone calls and emails were not returned. Unsatisfactorily, a delivery time was set up for the following Tuesday (8 days after the initial purchase) for the first delivery of the day (~7 am). To compensate us, the company decided to waive our delivery, take away and installation service fees (~$200)

The delivery did happen that day at 10:30 am (3.5 h after the promised delivery time). However, the installation could not be completed as there was no delivery of the steamer hose for the dryer. On the Thursday, our salesperson was contacted via email regarding the hose to which he replied he would get back to us.

At present time, it is 21 days since we initially purchased the washer and dryer, we have not yet received the steamer hose for the dryer and the promised refund has not been credited. We are told someone from "logistics" should call us and that the credit should have already happened.

In summary, it appears that if there are issues after the initial purchase of your product, this company has little incentive or recourse to problem solve to rectify the problem.

Thank you for your review. My apologies for the issues you experienced with regard to your delivery. There certainly should have been some sort of communication with you if the delivery team was going to be delayed or not able to complete your delivery on the scheduled day.

With regard to the steam hose kit, the units you purchased have the steam hose kit included in the box, however, it seems as though it was not included by the manufacturer when it was packaged.

As you stated, we did credit your account in the amount of $205.60 for your issues and this refund was processed on December 12, 2018. This amount should have been reflected on your credit card within 3-5 business days, depending on your bank.

Again, my apologies for any inconvenience.

Regards,
CAS

Claudette in Toronto
Claudette in Toronto

customer service

I purchased a fridge and there was a mix up on their end and the fridge was cancelled. When I spoke with an agent named Summer she apologize and was able to get me another fridge same day. While she was sorting it out my old fridge began to work so I no longer needed the fridge however I was told I would have to pay 25% of the cost. I called customer care and spoke with Jane O'Donnell who was extremely kind and allowed me in great detail tell my story and then informed me I would get a complete 100% refund. I couldn't of been happier with the service from Summer or Jane. Thank you both so much!! I will definitely purchase appliances from CAS in the future. Not only do they have the best prices but they have great customer care staff.

Frigidaire Refrigerator

Hats off to the Customer Service of CAS. They were very understanding and helpful in reducing the shipping/delivery costs to 50%. I am glad that the Canadian Appliance Source agreed to deliver the product to the right address this time. Apparently, the delivery guys went to the wrong address because of the miscommunication of the contact information.

Julia in Montréal
Julia in Montréal
1 review Montreal,

5 Appliances and A Lot of Wasted Time

Quite frankly, this distributor's only reason for existence is to distribute appliances and they cannot even do that efficiently. The sales team only cares about making the sale and locking in the purchase on your credit card and fails to mention stocking/delivery delays. You will also be missing a lot of accessories needed for installation which will only become apparent when your plumber tells you while charging you 85$/hour. The customer service team has no training to deal with customer complaints and think because they have a jovial voice that you should like them. And when you have been waiting for an item to become available for delivery for +45 days after numerous promises that it would become available for delivery at dates that keep being changed/postponed, and then you request a full refund, they want you to sign a document that essentially says that you agree to pay them a 25% restocking fee for something they do not even have in stock. Know your rights people: ensure to make the purchase over the phone and tell the rep when you need the item delivered. If they agree and fail to deliver it 15 days later, you can dispute the transaction with your cc carrier, and do not sign anything with them. My two cents: if you have an infinite amount of time and patience to wait after them, then do so as their prices are competitive. Otherwise, it actually is more frustrating and a ridiculous waste of time, and I would have actually happily paid the $150 more to The Hudson Bay or the Brick and have it delivered in a timely manner.

Thank you for your review. My apologies for the delay with your Maytag fridge. Unfortunately, we do not maintain on-hand stock of all the appliances we sell. We have standard receiving cycles from our vendors and at times the manufacturer will not be able to provide the appliance to us in the time frame we expect. As such, the product may be delayed. In this case, your fridge is back ordered until the end of January of 2019. My apologies if we were not clear in providing accurate expectations for the delays you experienced. Please note that a member of our Resolutions team removed your Maytag fridge from your order on Saturday, December 15, and we have requested the refund be processed as soon as possible. My apologies again.

Regards,
CAS

More about Canadian Appliance Source

With well over hundreds of household appliances shipped daily, fully stocked showroom, and a mega warehouse to keep our inventory fully stocked, we are currently one of the largest retail suppliers of household appliance throughout Canada. Our success has been built on a simple principle: take care of every customer ...
Looking for Appliance Retailers pros in Toronto?