HomeStars  >  Roofing in Cochrane  >  A. Clark Roofing & Siding

Reviews for A. Clark Roofing & Siding

They screwed up the quote and because I was undercharged refused to finish the job properly. They are now blaming me for a number of things to shift blame.

I checked their BBB and see that they treat other customers the same way. Their service manager was very rude to me and accused me of a number of things unjustly and was really a terrible experience. No soft skills.

I wouldn't recommend A Clark - it's a risk hiring these guys as they don't really care about their customers.

My broker recommended this company, he work with them though a large home builder. We were given a free quote, along with a detailed information folder on the shingles we were interested in, warranties, company information etc. We made our decision to go ahead with the quote, chose our shingles and put our name on the lineup for fall completion. Once the crew was on site they worked extremely hard and efficiently to complete the job. Their runner was quick to pick up garbage, nails etc., and keep the site (our home) clean. They even cleaned our sky lights. The company provided a final site inspection to ensure we were happy with the job. A very professionally run business and would highly recommend A Clark.

Marian S from Calgary

I realize things can go wrong with installs sometimes but then come back and fix the problem. Clark roofing replaced my eavestroughs and they leaked from the get go. I made numerous calls to get them fixed but they still pour like Niagara Falls in a rainstorm. I made a call again to them two weeks ago and still no one has come by to fix this terrible job so now the warranty has expired. So it seems this company is good only if the job is done right the first time.

Nadine from BRAGG CREEK
2 reviews Bragg Creek, AB

We contacted National Star, Done Right and A. Clark to get an estimate. National Star did not return our phone calls or emails so we got quotes from Done Right and A.Clark. Done Right was considerably more expensive for the same shingles and same services. They also provided a quote for our neighbours and were twice the price of A. Clark! We both chose A. Clark based on price, and both were very happy with the service and final product. Paul provided us with the quote and was helpful and friendly. I was the one at home when Paul came to the house to provide the quote and I told him I might not be able to remember everything to tell my husband. He happily called my husband the next day and went over everything again! He gave me a copy of their insurance certificate and WCB certificate. The price quoted is not an estimate, it is the price. If they make a mistake on the quote they do not charge you more if it ends up costing more. You also do not pay any money up front, but only after the job is complete. After the quote it took awhile before they actually came out to do the work. I think there may have been a mix up at the office as our neighbours had their house done first even though we got the quote before they did. I did not care because we had not paid anything and I wanted to see the results of our neighbours' house first to make sure we hadn't made a mistake. The neighbours were very happy with the workers and with the finished product. We called A. Clark again and they finally came to do the roof. The workers were very professional and showed my husband how they had fixed our ice damming problem. The job was finished in 2 days and looks fantastic. I highly recommend A. Clark!

Janus Falkgaard from Calgary

A friend of mine recommended the guys at AClark to have my whole roof replaced: my shingles were in terrible condition, because the company that installed it didn't do a great job. Anyway, I had them install a cedar shake roofing just last week and I daresay that my house looks rather stunning. The job was done in a reasonable amount of time, and it feels like there won't be any problems with it in the long run.

I admire the craftsmanship and how the job was done, and I recommend them.

Krista in Beddington

Had this company come out and provide me with a quote for my roof, the reason I chose them over the other companies I had enlisted for estimates was not because of the price, but the level of professionalism and no BS sales tactics I received. They were very straight forward and didn't try to "upsell" me on anything, just straight and to the point which is what I like. Their quote also came with their warranty certificate, COR safety certificate and numerous other items that let me know that they were a professional company.

The day of the install the crew was extremely fast, the mess in my back yard was alarming, but they did an amazing job cleaning up. My neighbors were having a roof installed across the street that same day, A-clark started at 9:45am, and finished and drove away by 5:00pm, the company across the street was there all of Fri, Sat and Sun.

Great job, looks amazing I am extremely happy with my choice in contractors.

Brandon from Calgary

A wind storm destroyed part of the shingles and we wanted to get a few quotes before proceeding with the work. A Clark sent someone out and he brought along samples, explained the whole job, gave suggestions and in the end provided a wonderful folder with the quote and product brochures. This was very professional and I was not made to feel like the "dumb lady" but my questions and concerns were addressed in a very nice way.

Gossamer_67 in Calgary

DONT USE THIS COMPANY - one year later still trying to get my roof fixed. It looks good from the street but don't get close I am surprised that the kids that they had working for them didn't lose fingers. I am getting the 4 time run around they have been out three times to "fix" it. No I am not a complainer - this roofs SUCKS - used the Calgary group. AVOID AT ALL COSTS - Next stop BBB complaint and investigating legal action

It is unfortunate that you didn't have a good experience. We understand your concerns and have since resolved your complaint as noted on the BBB. Please call us directly to resolve any outstanding issues.

Shannon
4 reviews CALGARY, AB

A. Clark was recommended to me and we were very impressed with the quality, professionalism and speed of their service. Our house had pine shakes and the entire project from tear off to final inspection was just under 2 days. We had our roof put on last October and a few of the shingles flew off during those awful windstorms last winter and they were at the house within HOURS of my calling to replace and reinspect at no cost. A. Clark may seem to be a bit more expensive than some companies, but the peace of mind and quality are second to none!

Nelson Ruddell in Calgary

The company took the time to explain the difference between the different thicknesses of the cedar shingles and let me make my own decision. Always on time and on schedule for the the work and finished on time. They cleaned up the site and hauled away everything. No swearing on the premises because there were kids in the neighbourhood. I called them back to an inspection and came on time and cleared the inspection. Excellent!!!!!

More about A. Clark Roofing & Siding

A. Clark's knowledgeable and friendly Calgary roofing experts specialize in meeting all your roofing and exteriors needs, whether it's a new roof installation, replacement or repair of an old roof, or roof maintenance. Call us today for a free quote.