J Currie Plumbing

R. Waraich in Brampton
R. Waraich in Brampton
3 reviews Milton, ON

DO NOT USE / ENGAGE - Terrible Company

If you want peace of mind and a happy interaction - PLEASE steer clear of this firm. Extremely rude & angry owner / staff, they overcharge, provide shoddy workmanship that they refuse to stand behind, but prefer to read the rule book to you if you raise concerns after the jobs supposedly done. The owner Jeff obviously has no concept of what professional CS is or how to treat / talk to paying clients, he will argue belligerently, stoop to new lows - call you names in his emails to you. The owner is definitely a very angry & negative person, extremely confrontational and rude and definitely could use a customer service orientation refresher class on how not to lose customers/grow his business. He is egotistical enough to actually write in emails that he would rather you take your business somewhere else. If that wasn not laughable - it would be very sad. I am surprised they are still in business.

SejP
SejP
0 reviews Ballinafad, ON

Unprofessional and Overpriced

Terrible experience with the workers and owner, Jeff. They do not specify that they are coming with multiple workers and will charge you for each person they send to you. Each time they came, they were unprepared and rude; it was evident that they had next to no knowledge about what it is they were actually doing. I have not yet had my work completed and they are continuing to delay the completion. Each time someone in my family has reached out to obtain information, they ignore the calls and emails. I have only received one extremely unprofessional, rude email from the owner stating that they had been purposely ignoring those who have reached out. I would not recommend using this company. There are plenty of other great places that will happily complete your work with punctuality and efficiency.

Ronald in Milton
Ronald in Milton
0 reviews Milton, ON

install acrylic shower base

Polite, punctual and i can only hope the work was properly done as time will tell but as a previous review stated wow talk about being overcharged, my bad i followed a recommendation rather than research them myself, stay away unless you enjoy grossly overpaying for work.

Private User reviews Milton, ON

Over/recharging for poor workmanship

We have had Currie out to fix the same issue multiple times thinking they would rectify their mistakes. Not only does the pipeline keep leaking but they somehow manage to push the blame on us. I was adamant about calling a different plumber after we had had our new sink put in 2 years ago and were charged for 2 plumbers an additional unworked hour and a half. They didn't install it properly and the clips popped off within a day, and I had to silicon it myself as they left major gaps. No call back and no repair after multiple calls. My husband wanted to allow them to fix their shotty workmanship with our outdoor plumbing thinking they would give us a fair price. Once again we were charged for 2 plumbers an additional 1.5 hours they did not work. Conveniently Ted isn't available to talk and we are furious. They only warranty their work for 30 days and don't bother giving quotes dispite contued insistance. These are the plumber's that give the trade a bad name.

Private User reviews Oakville, ON

Fantastic experience

Just had Nick in to do a valve replacement in the basement and the work he did was great. He was very courteous, professional and cleaned up after himself. As for the company, their communication and timeliness in getting the work done was fantastic. I highly recommend this company....a pleasure from start to finish!

JB in Milton
JB in Milton
1 review , ON

Good and No Frills

I've used these guys a couple of times and they were professional and didn't try to up-sell me. The last time they came to investigate a flood and they figured it out even though it wasn't obvious to me or the insurance adjuster of how it happened.

Jamie in Milton
Jamie in Milton
3 reviews Milton, ON

Don't understand the poor reviews

I really don't understand the poor reviews of J. Currie Plumbing. I have been using them for almost a decade and have never been disappointed by their professionalism. They are punctual, reasonably priced, the plumbers are professional and they are not prone to price-gouging. On my most recent call, the plumber talked me out of a project I had been mulling over, citing the poor cost-benefit ratio and the fact that I might be opening myself up to further headaches. She instead suggested a fix that cost less than $5.

I have used J. Currie at least 7 times over 9 years and would not hesitate to do so again.

Shithead in Mississauga
Shithead in Mississauga

Don’t want to complete the job

They came recommended play called them to come in and pressure clean off the floor drains and main drain as it was an older restaurant I was taking over .
First they show up a day later than originally cost without calling me then when they arrived they don’t have the tools to do the job so how to boil my tools and also was informed they can only do the one drain because they bought the big machine and they need to bring the small machine and said they will follow up next week to finish the job well now it’s two months later still no reply and left the damage see attached photo

Private User reviews Milton, ON

Plumbers

Have to come to do the same job several times, with 2 plumbers. Are never equipped even when they are coming back to complete a job. They are a big rip off company. The manager is rude when advised of a problem where the plumber did not complete the job properly.
I think many years ago they were good, but now they have gotten too big for their britches and have a lot of unskilled workers and do whatever they can to run the bill up.