Peterborough Appliances

Reviews for Peterborough Appliances

Joe in Peterborough
Joe in Peterborough

Whirlpool Dishwasher

We were misquoted a price for the installation of our new dishwasher. The installation cost double the quoted price. When questioned, we were told we misinterpreted the sales associate’s explaination. We believe that’s not case. We also believe that this situation was not handled properly by Peterborough Appliances. We feel mislead and would not shop here again.

Hi Joe,

We are sorry that you are not happy with the price that you were charged by the third party installer that we recommended.
We always suggest that you discuss any questions or concerns that you have with the installer prior to your appointment, as every situation is unique.
As discussed, your installation was not typical, and due to the extensive wiring and other modifications required, the installer charged accordingly. We were happy to contact the installer on your behalf once you told us how much you were charged, and he gave you a $75 discount. We also offered you an additional $50 gift card as a goodwill gesture.
We would once again like to apologize for your inconvenience, and hope that you enjoy your new dishwasher now that it is installed.

Jay in Gores Landing
Jay in Gores Landing
1 review Gores Landing, ON

Total Incompetence

Ordered all new applances (for a kitchen reno) in mid-August. Wanted to give business to a local supplier. Was clear that delivery had to be made in late September. No problem, they said. No contact from them until I called in late September to check on my delivery date - stove back ordered for 3 months; same with the range hood. A month later, after a change to the stove I ordered, I have a stove coming tomorrow; the range hood is still up in the air. And, when I asked by e-mail for a delievry time for the stove, it took 2 days for a response from their sales manager!! (which was a problem since I needed to schedule my propane company to come in to add propane conversion kit to, and hook up, the stove). You would be crazy to rely on Peterborough Appliances for anything resembling good service. I would never deal with these people again. Total Incompetance. And, I'm being charitable.

Thank you for your feedback.
We apologize for the frustration caused by the unexpected backorders on your appliances.
As you know, we did take steps immediately to find alternative options for you once the supplier made us aware of the back order dates. As soon as you confirmed the alternative models, they were ordered and shipments expedited to resolve the situation as quickly as possible for you.
In my correspondence with you I had specified that I was out of the office on Thursday, and your email to me had unfortunately been sent after my shift on Wednesday evening, so I did not see it or respond to it until Friday morning. I am very sorry for the inconvenience.
We appreciate your business, and hope that you are happy with your new kitchen, now that everything has been received and installed.

Private User reviews Peterborough, ON

Customer Service / delivery guys poor

Ordered all new kitchen appliances. Waited 2 weeks for delivery. Delivery guys were not professional. Missing set screw for handle on fridge. I have to go pick that up myself. Arranged for tech to come install dishwasher. My tech whom I've had for years would not/could not install dishwasher as frame was all bent.. we found bearings in the bottom of the tub and a piece of the top rack rail laying in tub. My tech said this unit looks like it's been dropped from about 4 ft. High. Still had to pay for tech call. I will be visiting store tomorrow to rectify. Not
impressed.
UPDATE: Thankfully ptboro appliances has made good on the mistakes. I received set screw (after picking up myself) and new dishwasher will be delivered tomorrow and installation will be provided. So even tho there were problems they have come through with a solution I find acceptable. Hopefully all will be fine.

Thank you for your review, we are always looking for ways to improve. I am glad to hear that this has been resolved, please don't hesitate to contact the store at any time if you have any further issues.

Nancy in Peterborough
Nancy in Peterborough

Horrible Experience

Bought a brand new Whirlpool dryer. One week later it stopped working. They sent someone out the same day. Was told could fix it but would need a part from Toronto. I said could it not be replaced and they said no. I asked to speak to the owner. Was not told his name.They said he doesn't make the decisions !

We appreciate your feedback, we are always looking for ways to improve our service. In this incidence, we were able to get your part the immediately so that the technician could complete the repair the following day. The owner has sent a gift card with the technician for your inconvenience. Thank you for shopping locally owned.

Cornelia Elieff in Scarborough
Cornelia Elieff in Scarborough
1 review Campbellford, ON

Product

My husband and I purchased all our kitchen appliances at Peterborough Appliances. The customer service was excellent and delivery was great.
We did have problem with the dish washer, but the service team came out right away and it was fixed in minutes.
I recommend Peterborough Appliances to anyone that is looking for appliances. They have a big showroom with plenty of choices. Chances are you will find what you like and the prices are good

Penny68 in Peterbrough
Penny68 in Peterbrough

Washing Machine

Bought a washing machine, after only 4 months had issues with the cleaning of the clothes and residue left on clothes. P. A. did not believe us, had us call Whirlpool to complain, and in the end neither would honour the one-year warranty. As another poster has said, once you're out the door you're on your own. WORST customer service, ever.

Brian
Brian
8 reviews , ON

Refrigerator repair

Freezing Freezer, warm cabinet! Peterborough Appliances quickly diagnosed the problem, replaced the defective electronics, and defrosted the freezer. That's what I call Customer Service.
We later went to their showroom and bought a second fridge for the pantry.

Charles Lester from Peterborough
Charles Lester from Peterborough

Fridge Service

Recently we were having some issues with our fridge, someone recommend I call Peterborough Appliances. I am glad I did. The whole experince was great. They responded to the issues quickly and the tech was really nice and very knowledgeable. He even had the part and was able to fix it the same day!! I would recommend them to anyone!!

Jessica from Youngs Point
Jessica from Youngs Point

Full kitchen Reno

Excellent service!
Our sales person (Tiffany) was excellent, and the pricing was way better than anywhere else in town!
The delivery went smoothly, and we couldn't be happier.
Thank you!

More about Peterborough Appliances

Peterborough Appliance's located in Peterborough Ontario proudly serving the Kawartha and Otonabee Lakes region. We offer the best selection in Refrigerators, Freezers, Ranges, Cooktops, Wall Ovens, Washers, Dryers, and Small Appliances. We have a wide variety of brands such as Maytag, Whirlpool, Jenn-Air, Kitchen-Aid, GE, Samsung, Frigidaire, Amana, Bosch, Fisher&Paykel, ...
Looking for Appliance Repair pros in Peterbrough?