Dunn Al Heating & Air Conditioning

Reviews for Dunn Al Heating & Air Conditioning

Loretta
Loretta
1 review Guelph, ON

Furnace not working, no heat!

I woke up on Dec 1/2022 to no heat I called Dunn and left a voicemail. Within ten minutes Mike called me back and said he would get someone out as soon as possible. Randy came out two hours later, got the furnace going .He also needed a part to be installed the next day. Which he did in a very timely manner. Within less than 24 hours I had heat and comfort of knowing my furnace was working.
Thats what I call great service which you dont often find.

Private User reviews Guelph, ON

Furnace Inspection

I had called Dunn Heating for a second opinion on my furnace repairs as advised by another company (which was explained during my initial call). The date was planned around the technician already being in my area. The technician came by, took one look at the paper left by the other company's technician and immediately referred me to sales and left. No inspection or service was performed and the technician was there for 30 SECONDS. I had their Sales rep come out and give a quote which was $1300 higher than the competition. Only to then threaten me with a bill for the "Inspection" that never happened if I didn't choose them. Obviously I went with the other company and now I am stuck with a $130 bill for the so called inspection.
This company is unethical and looking to pressure and take advantage of people.

Lisa in Woodstock
Lisa in Woodstock
0 reviews Waterloo, ON

Furnace Maintenance

In December my furnace started acting up and wouldn't stay on. I called Dunn Heating Climate Care that morning and they sent a technician to my house within an hour. Gary had the furnace up and running in no time, and it's been running great ever since. I have told all my friends about Dunn Heating's fast and courteous service. I am going to sign up for the yearly maintenance program too. Thanks Dunn Heating!

Thank you for the review Lisa! We're happy we could assist you and its a good idea to get on a plan for preemptive maintenance.

RFM18
RFM18
10 reviews Kitchener, ON

Fixed furnace and bad previous company flue pipe install

Dunn did great work and Mike in service was accommodating with all of my questions. So much so that I signed up for a regular service plan. I would recommend to anyone.

fyrefly in London
fyrefly in London
0 reviews London, ON

Unprofessional

$76.28 to come to my home to tell me they don't service a Portable A/C, details that was known when the appointment was booked with Dunn Heating.

I received a call claiming they were unaware it was a Portable A/C, however every company I reached out to I DID give the brand and model to ensure

1. it could be fixed
2. the repair person had the necessary parts to fix the unit quickly

Seems this is more of an issue of faulty in-house communication and I'm charged for their shortcomings - literally, with a threat of going to collections less than a week after I contacted Dunn about the invoice received!

$76.28 is very expensive means to be told in person a company doesn't service ANY Portable A/C Units. I would have preferred to be told over the phone when I could have made other arrangements instead of waiting.

Add to this, the invoice wasn't sent until 2 months AFTER the service call. Delay in invoice + threat within a week of questioning the invoice ...

These types of situations leave a lasting impression.

Rob K in Kitchener
Rob K in Kitchener
0 reviews Kitchener, ON

Purchace and installation of HRV System

This job was completed by Tyler and Alex. Their work was very "professionally" done, they did an amazing job, were very thorough, efficient, and were a pleasure to have in our home. They were very clean and tidy and the job was completed on time! The building inspector also noted the job was "excellently" done, when he was at our home inspecting for a wood fireplace reno. We highly recommend your Company and these two Young Guys who did this job! Thank you, Rob and Terry

Thanks for the review Rob we were happy to help! I will let Alex and Tyler know you appreciated the work dunn!

Had us over a barrel and treated us fairly , with respect

City condemned our furnace this cold January and turn off our gas. No heat. Dunn was here that night, sold us a new furnace without gouging and put it in next afternoon. We could not have asked for better service.
Thanks to everyone at Dunn who were respectful and compassionate, service person, sales person, office worker and the crew who put the new on in.

Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review, very appreciated:) It sure was chilly the last couple days so enjoy the heat!!!

Cathy T in Toronto
Cathy T in Toronto
1 review Montreal, QC

A/C Install

Had an AC unit installed by another company 1 month ago. Unit had a very loud transformer buzz inside the house the entire time it ran. Company could not/would not fix it so they uninstalled the unit gave me a refund and I had to start over during a heat wave. I called Dunn during my lunch hour on Wednesday. Bill, from Dunn was over in ten minutes to review my needs. I had a written quote emailed to me within 30 minutes and the AC unit installed by 10 am Friday morning!
Greg and Mike did the install and discovered some not so good "leftovers" from the previous guy. They fixed all the previous issues and without question did due diligence to make sure the lines were clear of any debris or water and the unit was running properly. I cannot say enough about the level of service provided by all the Dunn team members. Go Dunn... you will not be disappointed!

Thanks for the positive review Cathy! I'll be sure to let the crew and comfort adviser know of their job well Dunn;)

jmakad in Kitchener, ON
jmakad in Kitchener, ON
7 reviews Kitchener, ON

Quick and friendly service!

Right from the start I knew this company was going to be great to deal with when Mike in service was so extremely helpful as soon as I explained my dilemma- I was having a real emergency issue - my furnace stopped working less than 12 hours before I was leaving for a 2 week trip out of country! Dave came over shortly thereafter - got it to work again temporarily (new part needed to be ordered) and it was perfectly ok for 2 weeks for my housesitter. Then as soon as I got back, Dave came by again to replace the part. Easy!

I highly recommend these guys and will be using them come spring to install my new A/C unit (and perhaps replace my sort of old furnace!)

Thanks a lot jmakad :) We're pleased that everything went so smoothly for you. Hopefully you had a fantastic 2 week trip, a little jealous over here:P

elea8 in Waterloo
elea8 in Waterloo
1 review Waterloo, ON

Quick and efficient furnace replacement

After asking around for recommendations for a furnace repair / replacement company we called Al Dunn Heating and one other company. Dunn responded right away and sent a technician to the house within 1.5 hours (the other company never responded). The repair man replaced a broken transformer, but after powering the furnace back on the new part immediately blew out. The circuit board needed replacing, which is an expensive part, and since the furnace was already 20+ years old we decided to replace rather than repair. The technician left without charging a dime (no fee for the repair or service call if we decided to buy through them) and promised to have a sales rep call us about replacement options by end of day. Our sales rep was great, such a nice gentleman, and the replacement process was relatively fast and efficient (repair visit Friday, new furnace installed Tuesday). They also loaned us 3 space heaters for the few days in between. The one installation technician seemed a little curt at first, but he warmed up by the end and seemed very good at his job. The best part was that the office staff took care of 95% of the rebate work after the installation. We qualified for two separate $250 rebates and one was filed directly on our behalf (a cheque arrived in the mail 6-8 weeks later) and for the other they completed all of the paperwork and invoice copying then mailed the completed forms to us to sign and submit. All in all we were extremely happy with the service we received and wouldn't hesitate to recommend AL Dunn Heating to family and friends.

More about Dunn Al Heating & Air Conditioning

Dunn Heating, Air Conditioning and Fireplaces is a professional residential retailer, carrying quality brand name products and providing the highest level of sales and service since 1973. Our wide service area includes Kitchener-Waterloo, Cambridge, Guelph, Fergus, Listowel, New Hamburg and surrounding areas. We Believe in building a strong bond with ...
Looking for Heating & Air Conditioning pros in Waterloo?