Nisby Home Renovations Ltd

Reviews for Nisby Home Renovations Ltd

Jason in Winnipeg
Jason in Winnipeg

House painting

my mother was to pay 20000 to get her house painted. It was supposed to take no more then a month. Took over a year was poorly done and garbage was left on site. They dealt with my mother the entire time but when It came down to getting the signature for completion they went to my father that didn't have anything to do with it. She refused to pay the last 5000 the tried to sue her. She counter sued. They lost and my mother was awarded 10000 for the counter suit. They are now refusing to pay.

Randy
Randy
0 reviews Winnipeg, MB

Satisfaction NOT guaranteed!!

Sept, 2016-Home painted.
Spring, 2017-Paint peeling, cracking and bubbling.
Summer, 2017-Nisby came to touch up problems.
Spring, 2018-Paint peeling, cracking and bubbling and getting worse.
Summer, 2018-Nisby came to touch up problems.
Spring, 2019-Paint peeling, cracking and bubbling and getting worse.
Started calling Nisby August 20th, 2019, have made 20+ phone calls and the General Manager (Jim) has many, many excuses for not coming to see the problem.
-He will get back to me, his painter is out of town, things are very busy etc, et al, ad nauseum...
10 Year warranty on the product and still no satisfaction, I am not interested in seeing them on a yearly basis to touch up what should have been done correctly to begin with!
We paid a great deal of money to get this work done and took them at their word that their service is second to none!!!
Here we are at the end of September 2019, house looks like crap and I tell everybody I know that Nisby is NOT the company you want to do your work.
Is it now to late in the season to get this fixed? Likely...
Another year???
Not satisfaction!!

Hello Randy,
I'm sorry to hear you are still having these problems. Like you said we have been out there multiple times to service this for you and have explained to you the problem. It is not our paint that is peeling it is actually the old paint. There is most likely a moisture issue from the old windows. The only real solution for this is to replace the old wood with vinyl siding and we recommend changing out the top window at the same time. We would be willing to do this for you at our cost. None of the other paint we did there is failing we painted the stucco, trim and soffits and that is all fine. Please give me a call at the office and we can go over some options there for you.
Barry

Takton in Winnipeg
Takton in Winnipeg

Replace front sidings.

Finally the job was finished after a month and a half. It looks good as Keith did a good job installing. He is commended on his work. I think it was a bit pricey after completion and I should have done more work before deciding in choosing the contractor. A friend had work done by you.

Hello Tak,
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. It would have been finished sooner if we wouldn't have had to order custom made shutters for your home which was an add on to the contract. I'm glad you are happy with the work, you made a wise decision going with us. We keep all of your information on file for years to come and you always know where to find us.

Windows - replacement

Tel: 204-292-5787
March 10, 2017

Mr. Barry
General Manager
Nisby Home Renovations Ltd.
203 Ferry Road Winnipeg, R3J 1V9

Dear Mr. Barry,
Time flies! It is around eight months since my new windows were installed by your company -Nisby Home Renovations Ltd. on July 9th, 2016.
I think I must express my thankfulness to your high quality products and excellent services as the windows bear a test through a server winter. During this terrible winter, all the eight windows in my house work very well. They have sufficient sealing effect. Not only did block bitter wind and save gas to keep my house at appropriate temperature, but also separated the street noise effectively and keep the house quiet. In addition, the new windows make my house more beautiful.
I also especially compliment two workers in Nisby, they are Mr. John and Mr. Terry.
I signed a contract with Mr. John who is a salesperson of Nisby Ltd. on May 18, 2016 after I compared several windows companies regarding quality and price of products, reputation of the owners, and the services, etc. Mr. John is a professional, nice person. He measured the windows carefully, and his design is beautiful. He also provided some professional advice in order to obtain better effect for the windows. Finally, he gave me a reasonable price including installation for the windows.
Then the windows were installed on July 9th, 2016. During the process, Mr. Terry and his assistant provided excellent services as well. Mr. Terry re-measured the sizes of the eight windows; made an appointment with me according to my schedule. Mr. Terry helped me move my furniture, took down my blinds, which should normally be done before Mr. Terry gets to my house. Finally, Mr. Terry painted the windows’ all around outside of the wall.
I still remember the experience when Mr. John and Mr. Terry helped me measured and installed the windows although it has passed more than half year.
I really appreciate Nisby Ltd., Mr. John and Mr. Terry from the bottom of my heart. I hope Nisby, Mr. John and Mr. Terry make more success in the future.
I would like to recommend Nisby to my friends and colleges.
Again, thank you so much for your help. I greatly appreciate the service you have provided me.
Best regards.
Yours sincerely,
Julia

Hello Julia,
Thank you very much for taking the time to write this review. If you need any additional work or any service on your products you know how to get a hold of us!

Heather in Winnipeg
Heather in Winnipeg

garden door

I had a garden door installed to replace sliding patio doors, December 22,2015. The work was done fabulously. Terry and his assistant were fast, professional and they cleaned up everything when they were done. It looks great and I am very satisfied with the work. The guy that came out for the estimate was another story and I'm surprised I went with the company...but glad I did.

Hello Heather,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am glad you are happy with the final result. We only use the best products and have the best people installing them. If you require any additional work down the road please keep us in mind. We would be more than happy to do some more great work for you.

Zero Stars

We chose Nisby as we like to support local businesses and they are a business our family has been familiar with for years. WHAT A NIGHTMARE! Beware. Jim, who is mentioned below is downright rude to the point of being threatening. He was happy to pick up our deposit, never saw him since. He does not return emails despite having read them. The contractor they chose to do our work was a lovely man who was simply not qualified to do the work. They messed up a lot but promised perfection. We believed them. Then Jim asked his employee to get a second payment which we paid but with some trepidation. 5 months later we are just finishing the nightmare. We must say the subcontractors were fantastic! Nisby a disaster! Sloppy work , poor communication, no supervision, didn't come at times of diffuculty, one month turned into 5 . Here is some of the fine workmanship.

Hello,
I am sorry you did not have a great experience. If there is anything I can do to earn your trust please give me a call I would be more than happy to work something out in your favor. If you need anything at all please call me at 204-888-2288. Just so you know you have a full warranty on the product and workmanship.

Samantha in Winnipeg
Samantha in Winnipeg

HORRIBLE SERVICE - Window & Door Install

In 2014 we hired Nisby to install our living room window. We were told a few weeks wait time for it to be made/installed. Almost 3 months go by before WE followed up and found out the window had been there for quite some time and they 'dropped the ball'.

In summer 2015, we decided to give them a second chance with our door installation, what a mistake!
Jim the estimator is useless! He was a no show/no call to our first estimate. Came another day, can't answer any of your questions!
The doors were ordered, I lost count of how many times I had to follow up with Jim who never called back, the secretary who knew nothing, the installer who never returned calls and even as far as the owner who was the rudest person I've ever dealt with.

Our doors were installed backwards (front on side and side in front) and I was told by the owner that it was our fault because we 'should have been watching the guy'. They installed the wrong handles on our doors and never even said anything, probably in hopes we wouldn't say anything but they were ugly and gold when every other piece of hardware was silver. They left a huge mess outside our house and were careless when removing our old doors causing so much damage to the front of our home we will have to get it fixed.

My concerns were brought forward to the owner and some things were made right but we never received a sincere sorry, no one ever phoned us back from the company to follow up. I would NEVER use this company EVER again!

Worst service, products are no better than anyone else's in the industry.

Hello Samantha,
I'm sorry to hear about this. If there is anything I can do to rectify the problem I would be more than happy to do so.
Barry nisby

Incomplete Exterior Reno

This was a complete outside reno of my home which was to be completed in 2 months but it has been 9 months and the work is still incomplete. Some of the work is acceptable and other work is poor quality. I get the runaround whenever I call to find out what is going on. I have chosen my colours three times because they they can't obtain the colours or styles I choose from their samples. Customer service is 0 out of 10. They miss appointments, they don't call you even when they say they will and they don't care. I need to keep calling them or they will go months without calling me. Big mistake I made was that the contract just listed one big price for the whole project. Now it is hard to back out because I don't have a price breakdown of each item. If I new the breakdown I would just give them what I owe and run far away and keep running like Forest Gump.

Nisby has been around a long time but I think it has changed management and the company is on its way to the cemetary. Don't believe the sly salesman. He makes you feel that you and your house are going to get the Royal treatment and then after you pay your deposit he is gone, never to be seen again and never returns your phone calls.

I was warned by a number of other homeowners, as well as other Contractors, but I didn't listen. I didn't want to believe their outragious stories but now I know first hand. Do not pay a dime until the job is complete and you are satisfied! Get a quote that breaks down each portion of the job and materials. Better still, go somewhere else! Run Forest Run!

Review has 1 previous version

Hello,
I am sorry to hear about this. If there is anything we can do for you please give me a call I will work something out in your favor.

nancy from Winnipeg
nancy from Winnipeg
4 reviews Winnipeg, MB

Windows

Last fall we had our living room window replaced and also had the kitchen window enlarged and replace. We waited to see how they were in the winter and found they were fantastic so in the spring we had the rest of the house done. Their work is wonderful and the windows are high quality..

Hello Nancy,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. If there is anything else we can do for you please keep us in mind. We would be more than happy to do some more great work for you.

More about Nisby Home Renovations Ltd

With Nisby you are guaranteed: • Superior quality craftsmanship, service, and products. • The leader in the industry in many aspects. (windows, doors, exteriors) • Solid and stable long term foundation for the future. • Experienced qualified craftsman, internal training , and industry leading standards. • Partnerships with leading manufacturers. ...
Looking for Windows & Doors Installation & Service pros in Winnipeg?