Homestar Heating & Air Conditioning Inc

3816 Victoria Park Ave. North York ON M2H3H7
HomeStars  >  Heating & Air Conditioning in Richmond Hill  >  Homestar Heating & Air Conditioning Inc

Reviews for Homestar Heating & Air Conditioning Inc

K Lam in North York
K Lam in North York

Repair air conditioning

I am very disappointed with the services that I received from Homestar. They installed my A/C unit 7 years ago, but it broke down last year. We called to have them look at it, and they sent Calvin. He said that he guessed the refrigerant is leaking, replaced it and charged us 400 dollars. Calvin told us that if we came directly to him instead of going through Homestar, he would charge us less, which we felt was unprofessional of him. The A/C unit worked for the rest of the summer, which at that point was only a few weeks. This summer we tried to turn on the A/C again, however it is taking a very long time to get cold. It appears that Calvin did not in fact fix the root problem of our unit last year. We phoned Homestar, and found out Calvin no longer works for them. They told us that they are not responsible for the repairmen that they send out and will take no responsibility for the poor work of their own employee. We are extremely dissatisfied with the quality of Homestar's repairmen, their lack of ethics, and the company's inability to take responsibility for their employees and their work.

Furnace Repair - Control Circuit Board Replaced Twice

My furnace broke down twice for the same problem with 2 service calls to HomeStar within 1.5 week period. I had to call them for service since my furnace is still under 10 years parts warranty (installed by HomeStar).
The first service call for my furnace was on April 07, 2018. It was a burnt out control circuit board (under warranty). Service technician said that I need to get a maintenance service done ($150) which was a 10 min vacuuming of the inside of the furnace, in order to have the parts warranty granted. Labor cost for replacing the circuit board was $375. Total cost was $525.
On April 16, 2018 (1 week later), the furnace failed again. Same technician came in. He started replacing other parts since he did not think that the control circuit board he replaced a week ago was defective. He replaced the flame sensor, then the blower. Finally, he replaced the same control circuit board that he put it a week ago.
I was charged with $214 on this 2nd service call, being told that it was the labor cost for replacing the frame sensor. I asked why I was billed for this while the problem was a defective control board that he put it a week ago. He told me that the sensor was old and could be broken anytime soon.

Central Air Conditioner

I had the Amana central air conditioner installed by Homestar in 2011. In May 2014, it failed to cool my house. Homestar service was called. They refilled refrigerant and replaced a valve (which the service technician said that it is better for preventing leaks). The cost was $350. This month (July 2017) the air conditioner failed to cool my house again. Homestar service was called in again. They found leaks in the connection between the pipe and evaporator coil, and also replaced some valves they suggested. It costs $400 this time. The technician said that the labor is warranted for 1 month only. If it leaks again next year, I will be charged for services again.
For just 6 years, it costs me $800 for services for a problem caused by improper installation of my air conditioner, and there is no guarantee that it won't leak again a few months later or next year. I was really unsatisfied that Homestar is not standing behind the quality of installation work they did and to correct a problem caused by their poor workmanship during installation.

John Braganca in Scarborough
John Braganca in Scarborough

HVAC - furnace and air conditioner

By far the best price through our local Costco. Jason and Anil did a fabulous job installing the units. I had to call them back one month after installation to reset the pad (footing) on the AC unit and they came the same day. It took nearly 2 hours but they created a better foundation. They were friendly and conducted themselves professionally.

NORMAN in Surrey
NORMAN in Surrey
2 reviews Surrey, BC

NEW FURNACE

WE RECENTLY HAD OUR FURNACE REPLACED BY HOME STAR.WE WERE VERY IMPRESSED WITH THE TEAM THAT CAME TO REMOVE AND INSTALL THE NEW FURNACE.VERY PROFESSIONAL,CLEAN AND EFFICIENT.
I HAVE NO PROBLEM WITH RECOMMENDING THIS COMPANY

1 review Woodstock, ON

Hot Water heater and air conditioner

We had our hot water heater replaced the gentleman (Andy Van Der Heyden) who did the work was excellent very helpful, was very efficient and did the job in record time. He then inquired about our outdated air conditioning unit and suggested the representative David McKerlie, who contacted us the same day.
Mr McKerlie was also very professional, sold us a conditioner which was installed the following day. The gentlemen who installed the unit were also very professional, very polite and also did the job in record time. We are extremely pleased with the service and quality of work we received.
We would recommend Reliance Home Comfort "HomeStar" to anyone

Harv in Toronto
Harv in Toronto

New Furnace

I actually discovered this firm through Costco. The salesman was very helpful. The price was reasonable for a top of the line furnace. Their installation service was excellent. The job was done carefully and everything was cleaned up. It's also very good to know that all the warranties are backed by Costco.

Furance

Had an issue with my furnace. An appt. was made and the tech. came with a few hours. Gabriel was on time and quite pleasant.
I will have no problem recommending this company to my friends

Horatia Francois