Home Theater

Reviews for SmartSPACE

Deandra in Toronto
Deandra in Toronto
1 review Cochrane, AB

They are the BEST of the BEST!!!

We did a few things with SmartSPACE like a Sonos system with some speakers, conduits, wireless hotspot boosters, cameras and alarm. From the start, the experience with SmartSPACE which was lead by Louis, was stellar - You are greeted with someone that is always happy and kind in his approach to his work. He is 100% an expert at what he does and a class act! He is not overselling you on anything but just honest and genuine. He gave us helpful and honest advice as to what to do in our house and worked within our budget. We are very happy with what we decided on and are enjoying their services! The tech we had come out here, Gil, was also informative and great too - We really felt we had top notch people working with us who cared about what the job they did. There is no slacking with this company and no short cuts, they are experts giving you top notch service and products. I would suggest them to anyone and we plan on going back for future add ons to our home.

Thank you so much Deandra! We are so happy to hear that your experience has been amazing and we are looking forward to working with you in the future.

Tyler
Tyler

Cameras and audio

The technician did a great job installing our security cameras and audio for kitchen tv speakers. He was professional, clean, and efficient. Louis did a great job recommending the right equipment for the job and coming up with a solution to a particular project I needed to complete.

Thanks Tyler, We appreciate the business and your kind words and look forward to working with you again in the future.

Ongoing Excellence

From design, equipment selection, installation, and post project support, I couldn't have asked for better. They work safely and keep their work areas organized and clean.

The staff are courteous, responsive, and experts in their field.

They will be my go-to company for future projects.

Thank you for the kind review and your continued support. It's always a pleasure working with you.

Private User reviews Calgary, AB

Needed new remote for entertainment system that Smart Space installed 5 years ago in my new home

5 years ago I moved into my new house and Smart Space installed my whole entertainment system. Over the past years I have had to call Smart Space a couple of times for service. Most recently one of my controllers that controls my kids TV went down. So I called Smart Space to get a new one. As always Smart Space responded quickly. Their tech came out and fixed it in no time. Smart Space has always responded quickly to any service call and are very professional. They have always shown up when they say they will be there. I have found that everybody I have dealt with at the company has been a pleasure to deal with. I would recommend to anyone and will use them again when I build another house.

Always a pleasure working with you! Thank you for your continued support and for the review.

Private User reviews Calgary, AB

Sonos speaker system installation and tv wall bracket mounting

403-539-9419
10-6325 12 Street SE
Calgary
AB
T2H 2K1

I hired the guys from SmartSpace to install ceiling speakers and a Sonos system, plus hang a tv wall bracket and install tv. They did an exceptional job. The tv looks fantastic and I'm enjoying my new Sonos system very much.

We're so glad you're happy with your sound system. Thank you for your support.
Louis@smartSPACE

Peter in Calgary
Peter in Calgary

The leader in home automation, audio and video integration

Smartspace made my home better than I could have possibly imagined, within my budget and customized to my needs, all the while being amazing, informative and surpassed and exceeded all my expectations

In the process of building a home or renovating you may find yourself running out of money, wanting to reign in your expenses. Usually, there are two things that suffer economic responsibility to budget and that is landscaping and proper home automation. Landscaping is something you can do in the future, home automation and it’s benefits is a one shot deal to get right.

Home automation in the planning phase may seem as an unneeded expense or something you can cut. However, when properly done home automation is one of the most enjoyable aspects that you will use in your daily life. Lighting control, audio and video distribution, alarm, temperature, thermostats all the way to the garage door.

Smartspace was able to over deliver within my limited budget to make this all happen. They are extremely professional and have probably the most knowledge technologist/smart home specialist in Canada. Their quote was thousands less then competitors and they offered superior products.

To the budget minded, a properly planned system will deliver dividends not only in enjoyment of daily life but in your budget. Lutron lighting will let you set your scenes and control them all with the touch of a button or from your smartphone also dimming lights perfectly to suit the moment (and cut electrical costs). Alerts when your garage door is left open will save from theft. Having your home wake up when you get home or start to wind down when it’s bed, is a remarkable thing. Smartspace was able to engineer a system that met my needs and also suggest and implement home automation concepts that were beyond what I could even imagine.

I recommend this company and the people who work here enough. Outstanding service and product. Thank you for making my house amazing.

PS. Savant is an amazing system.

Thank you for your feedback Peter. It was a pleasure to work with you and your family on this project. Geoff@smartSPACE

Ralph Morris from Calgary
Ralph Morris from Calgary

Superb advice

Louis attended our home yesterday having made an appointment last week. He was on time and cheerful when he arrived (always nice!). The issue was with our new TV, and we already knew that we had to replace the older HDMI cable. As the old cable was "fished" through a conduit, and the space was tight, I needed help to complete the job and expected that Louis would arrange another appointment after having a look at what was needed.
Instead of that, he suggested that he could talk me through what he thought was required, and that my wife and I could complete the job ourselves.
He then gently suggested that if I (a) loosened the wall mount, (b) removed the box plates behind the TV and where the cables entered the wall from the PVR, (c) taped the existing cable end to the new cable, and then (d) had my wife pull on the end of the old cable while I pushed at the new cable end, the job could be done! He was confident that these techniques would work, and that we would be able to complete the job ourselves.
Earlier today we successfully completed all these suggestions and we now have a proper cable attached to our new TV. As we had already purchased the new cable, that was our only cost!
We used Smart Space for another job four years ago, and so were very familiar with the company and their excellent staff, service and products. Louis has continued that tradition and we offer our sincere thanks to him for his superb advice and generosity of his time to talk us through the procedures noted above. Smart Space may have lost a few dollars by not getting the job directly, but thanks to Louis, they have further cemented their reputation as an outstanding company. Very well done indeed.

Hi Ralph,

Thank you very much for the feedback. We'd much rather be honest than extract every possible penny from every client. We're looking forward to working with you and your friends in the future.

Thanks again.

Service to existing system

Great service, responsive and on time. The Smartspace team came out to the house, on time, re-programmed existing system and installed new devices quickly and professionally.
Follow up service was also prompt and courteous
Would highly recommend Geoff and his team at Smartspace

Thank you very much for the review. I'm looking forward to working together again!

-Geoff@smartSPACE

10-6325 12 Street SE
Calgary
AB
T2H 2K1

After about 10 years, it was time for an upgrade. Our original supplier was "too big" to be interested. We contacted Geoff through a referral. We talked our scoping and Geoff never aggressively "upsold" us on anything but made some very useful suggestions.

After sales support has been phenomenal. Most issues can be dealt with remotely.

We will definitely refer and also am looking to re-engage to expand the system.

Hi Jonathan. Thank you for your review. It's been a pleasure working together and I look forward to helping you further in the future.

Josh Cadrin from Calgary
Josh Cadrin from Calgary

Issues resolved - miscommunication

Miscommunication with the builder / smartspace and us the customer but all issues have been resolved - they went above and beyond to make correct this mistake. Thank you
Geoffrey for all your help.

Review has 1 previous version

Hello Josh. Thank you for your review. I truly do appreciate it. I think it's important for everyone to understand that on rare occasions communication breakdowns can occur and that the way they're responded to is the most important detail to consider. In this case I'm very happy that we were able to fix our errors and to regain your trust. Every customer is extremely important to us and we look forward to serving you further in the future. Thank you for the opportunity! - Geoff

More about SmartSPACE

A/V, Home Theatre, Home Automation, Motorized Blinds, Lighting Control, and Security Camera Systems.

We take on jobs of all sizes. Give us a call to arrange a tour of our Calgary showroom and put your project in motion.