SmartSPACE

Home Theater
HomeStars  >  Home Automation in Calgary  >  SmartSPACE

Reviews for SmartSPACE

Private User reviews Calgary, AB

Needed new remote for entertainment system that Smart Space installed 5 years ago in my new home

5 years ago I moved into my new house and Smart Space installed my whole entertainment system. Over the past years I have had to call Smart Space a couple of times for service. Most recently one of my controllers that controls my kids TV went down. So I called Smart Space to get a new one. As always Smart Space responded quickly. Their tech came out and fixed it in no time. Smart Space has always responded quickly to any service call and are very professional. They have always shown up when they say they will be there. I have found that everybody I have dealt with at the company has been a pleasure to deal with. I would recommend to anyone and will use them again when I build another house.

Always a pleasure working with you! Thank you for your continued support and for the review.

Private User reviews Calgary, AB

Sonos speaker system installation and tv wall bracket mounting

I hired the guys from SmartSpace to install ceiling speakers and a Sonos system, plus hang a tv wall bracket and install tv. They did an exceptional job. The tv looks fantastic and I'm enjoying my new Sonos system very much.

We're so glad you're happy with your sound system. Thank you for your support.
Louis@smartSPACE

Peter in Calgary
Peter in Calgary

The leader in home automation, audio and video integration

Smartspace made my home better than I could have possibly imagined, within my budget and customized to my needs, all the while being amazing, informative and surpassed and exceeded all my expectations

In the process of building a home or renovating you may find yourself running out of money, wanting to reign in your expenses. Usually, there are two things that suffer economic responsibility to budget and that is landscaping and proper home automation. Landscaping is something you can do in the future, home automation and it’s benefits is a one shot deal to get right.

Home automation in the planning phase may seem as an unneeded expense or something you can cut. However, when properly done home automation is one of the most enjoyable aspects that you will use in your daily life. Lighting control, audio and video distribution, alarm, temperature, thermostats all the way to the garage door.

Smartspace was able to over deliver within my limited budget to make this all happen. They are extremely professional and have probably the most knowledge technologist/smart home specialist in Canada. Their quote was thousands less then competitors and they offered superior products.

To the budget minded, a properly planned system will deliver dividends not only in enjoyment of daily life but in your budget. Lutron lighting will let you set your scenes and control them all with the touch of a button or from your smartphone also dimming lights perfectly to suit the moment (and cut electrical costs). Alerts when your garage door is left open will save from theft. Having your home wake up when you get home or start to wind down when it’s bed, is a remarkable thing. Smartspace was able to engineer a system that met my needs and also suggest and implement home automation concepts that were beyond what I could even imagine.

I recommend this company and the people who work here enough. Outstanding service and product. Thank you for making my house amazing.

PS. Savant is an amazing system.

Thank you for your feedback Peter. It was a pleasure to work with you and your family on this project. Geoff@smartSPACE

Ralph Morris from Calgary
Ralph Morris from Calgary

Superb advice

Louis attended our home yesterday having made an appointment last week. He was on time and cheerful when he arrived (always nice!). The issue was with our new TV, and we already knew that we had to replace the older HDMI cable. As the old cable was "fished" through a conduit, and the space was tight, I needed help to complete the job and expected that Louis would arrange another appointment after having a look at what was needed.
Instead of that, he suggested that he could talk me through what he thought was required, and that my wife and I could complete the job ourselves.
He then gently suggested that if I (a) loosened the wall mount, (b) removed the box plates behind the TV and where the cables entered the wall from the PVR, (c) taped the existing cable end to the new cable, and then (d) had my wife pull on the end of the old cable while I pushed at the new cable end, the job could be done! He was confident that these techniques would work, and that we would be able to complete the job ourselves.
Earlier today we successfully completed all these suggestions and we now have a proper cable attached to our new TV. As we had already purchased the new cable, that was our only cost!
We used Smart Space for another job four years ago, and so were very familiar with the company and their excellent staff, service and products. Louis has continued that tradition and we offer our sincere thanks to him for his superb advice and generosity of his time to talk us through the procedures noted above. Smart Space may have lost a few dollars by not getting the job directly, but thanks to Louis, they have further cemented their reputation as an outstanding company. Very well done indeed.

Hi Ralph,

Thank you very much for the feedback. We'd much rather be honest than extract every possible penny from every client. We're looking forward to working with you and your friends in the future.

Thanks again.

Service to existing system

Great service, responsive and on time. The Smartspace team came out to the house, on time, re-programmed existing system and installed new devices quickly and professionally.
Follow up service was also prompt and courteous
Would highly recommend Geoff and his team at Smartspace

Thank you very much for the review. I'm looking forward to working together again!

-Geoff@smartSPACE

Jonathan in Edmonton
Jonathan in Edmonton

Home system upgrade

After about 10 years, it was time for an upgrade. Our original supplier was "too big" to be interested. We contacted Geoff through a referral. We talked our scoping and Geoff never aggressively "upsold" us on anything but made some very useful suggestions.

After sales support has been phenomenal. Most issues can be dealt with remotely.

We will definitely refer and also am looking to re-engage to expand the system.

Hi Jonathan. Thank you for your review. It's been a pleasure working together and I look forward to helping you further in the future.

Issues resolved - miscommunication

Miscommunication with the builder / smartspace and us the customer but all issues have been resolved - they went above and beyond to make correct this mistake. Thank you
Geoffrey for all your help.

Review has 1 previous version

Hello Josh. Thank you for your review. I truly do appreciate it. I think it's important for everyone to understand that on rare occasions communication breakdowns can occur and that the way they're responded to is the most important detail to consider. In this case I'm very happy that we were able to fix our errors and to regain your trust. Every customer is extremely important to us and we look forward to serving you further in the future. Thank you for the opportunity! - Geoff

Low voltage

OUTSTANDING - Louis makes this company shine and has made our experience even better. Walking into the Smartspace we didn't know what to expect other then the possibilty of them trying to up sell us on everything. We met with Louis and he asked us the second we sat down " so guys what are you looking for in your house " after he has explained to us what smartspace does. We moved around a couple ethernet outlets and we were on our way. He didn't push anything on us - didn't upsell us on anything he just basically said okay we can do the changes you have made. As we got to the car we felts that maybe we should of asked some more questions about possibly doing more such as security system and in ceiling speakers. We asked him how much things would be that we were not planning on doing and we were pleasantly surprised at how much they charge for these items. Louis gave his advice on in ceiling speakers and security systems and made this meeting super smooth. If you are needing to go to a meeting at smartspace or looking to do any low voltage work in your home go with Louis he knows his stuff and will give you advice on where to put your money so these your not wasting it away on something a door to door sales man is trying to sell you.

garcpernesto@gmail.com from Calgary
G. O.

Home Control System (A/V, HVAC, Lights)

Excellent service. Accommodated a very short notice and performed the work well with minimal impact to the homeowner. Really took the time to explain all the details and ensured the job was satisfactory.

Linda Smith from Calgary
Linda Smith from Calgary

upgrading theatre system, hooked up sono's sound system

I found that everyone was very knowledgable especially Louis and took the time to explain the different options and things that I didn't understand. We are very very satisfied. we started with an old theatre system with old components and ended up with an up to date system without spending a fortune.

More about SmartSPACE

A/V, Home Theatre, Home Automation, Motorized Blinds, Lighting Control, and Security Systems.

We take on jobs of all sizes. Give us a call to arrange a tour of our Calgary showroom and put your project in motion.