Mermaid Pools And Hot Tubs

Pools1
Pools1
1 review Ottawa, ON

Above ground pool

We were at first hesitant on whether or not to purchase a pool, but our rep there was knowledgeable, helpful and thoroughly explained all of our options. It was a very positive experience.

Tiffany in Smiths Falls
Tiffany in Smiths Falls
0 reviews , ON

Recent Service Call by Shaun

We had a recent issue with our above ground pool. Mermaid was quick to call us back and scheduled a service call within a few days. They also took the time to help us troubleshoot over the phone so that we didn't need to pay for service unnecessarily. On the day of servicing, Shaun was courteous and knowledgeable. He was prompt in identifying the issue, explained the set up of our equipment to optimize performance and answered our questions. We were extremely satisfied with the service provided.

Mermaid Pools
Mermaid Pools
0 reviews Ottawa, ON

Service for pool and spa over the years (last year pool liner)

Hello Myrtle,

Just like to say “Thank You” to Denis, Rock and ……. for the continued great service. These guys do a great job and look after your clients well. It has been great dealing with Mermaid for over 20 years for our pool and spa.

Randy Blondin
La Peche PQ

Michelle
Michelle

Poor customer service

We purchased our hot tub here figuring many years of service behind them. Our tub was delivered, the guys were great. Then we waited for the service person to come out, explain chemicals and install the rail and cover lifter. Over a week and still waiting. The service department called and when I said we needed a weekend appointment she said she would call back. Nothing. Called Geoff our sales man and he had her call me again. She acted like we had never spoke. I said we needed a weekend, our hot tub is cloudy and we can't use it. The manager Phil is supposed to come today and was supposed to call last night. No call, still waiting. Geoff goes above and beyond but is supported by no one. I would not recommend unless you are looking for a lawn decoration

Edward in Ottawa
Edward in Ottawa

Hot Tub Purchase

We are repeat buyers at mermaid pools. We got our pool last year and hottub this year. Great service. Easy transaction.
Would Highly recommend to anyone who care about the quality of the product they are gonna pay for.

JL
JL

Above Ground Pool

We were looking around for an above ground pool in late 2020, and Phil was very helpful in answering all our questions and concerns. He was very knowledgeable and able to direct us on the best purchase for our location. We look forward to installing the pool this spring, but so far the purchasing process has been very smooth and well informed. We appreciated his help so much we have already recommended Mermaid to our friends!

consumer in Kanata
consumer in Kanata
1 review Ottawa, ON

Nightmare

Absolutely the worse company to deal with. We purchased a pool from Mermaid 5 years ago... at the time it was 3-5 days installation, it has never been fully completed. The first summer Mermaid installed four liners because they couldn't install them properly. We could never contact anyone in this company. The installation crew made mistake after mistake.. absolute nightmare. Based on our experience I would not recommend this company.

Jen in Ottawa
Jen in Ottawa
1 review Dunrobin, ON

Mermaid Pools -DON'T DO IT

DO NOT use this company. Buying from them was great, no issues there. Once you run into a problem, good luck! We purchased an above ground pool 4 years ago, after the first year, there was no water in the pool. It took me 2 months for them to replace the liner, the only way they were going to do that was " you must give us a 5 star review online" and we will replace your liner. "you must show up proof that you did this and we will come and replace your liner" When the installer showed up, he stated the company that installed our pool was fired as they cause so many issues on multiple pools. The pool was installed with crushed stone under the liner which caused multiple punctures in it. 2 years later, our pool again has no water and all the walls are bent. Just contacted mermaid and guess what.......it's my problem and nothing they can do. WORST COMPANY EVER! Oh and all the good reviews you see online, there are there because the company PAYS you to post them.

Suzanne in Toronto
Suzanne in Toronto
0 reviews Clarence Rockland, ON

Semi-inground pool installation

The installers were fantastic! All the technicians who came out whether to show us how to use the equipment or to install missing parts or to do final touch-ups were amazing! We are looking forward to enjoying your product for many years to come. However, the salesperson we dealt with, from the Tenth Line location, conducted himself very inappropriately during the whole process. Even though we provided the information asked of us (ex. survey, etc.), the salesperson was unprepared for both in-store meetings he set up by not having used the information given to start a quote or a yard layout and not being able to work the programs to do so while I was in his office. During the first visit, the salesperson put down two of his competitors saying one was a nice guy but that he was taking credit for Mermaids work even though he had previously worked for Mermaid and saying the other was about to retire and did not want to work hard anymore. Also, during the second meeting, when I brought my concerns about the steep slope at the side of our walk-out basement house, he responded by saying we should let the installer worry about that even though I mentioned that one of your competitors was going to build up a ramp with stone then use that stone around the pool to make the slope workable. Also, at this second meeting, he said there was no problem for him to get someone to put in the fence for us soon after the installation was complete at an approximate cost of $7000. This brings me to the salesperson's next very unprofessional actions. In an email to me then in subsequent conversations with my husband, insisted neither one of us said we were installing the pool on a slope or that there was a steep slope at the side of the house. The question of the grade was one of the first things I mentioned when I first called Mermaid. The first time I was transferred to the salesperson, I explained that we would prefer an above-ground pool but we did not believe it was possible because the backyard sloped to the fence so we were looking for quotes for a semi-inground, as we read that on a slope installation is possible. He then asked what kind of a slope and I said that to the best of my knowledge the slope dropped 4 feet over 27 feet. He replied that yes definitely I needed a semi-inground. All in all, the salesperson's incompetence, lack of attention to detail, faulty memory cost us an additional $4370 for Mermaid as well as an additional $2000 (over the approximate cost of the fence the salesperson said he could arrange for us). The most disappointing is that the beautiful pool you installed is unusable due to a very heavy temporary fence that must remain until the fence is installed by ******* on October 31st. It may also be important to mention that when Mr. McNaughton finally visited our yard at the request of the installer, he misrepresented himself saying he would call the fencing company for us to get an earlier install date which he was unsuccessful in doing if he called at all. I hope this helps your company, which seems to do such good work, leave customers feeling satisfied not as though they had been had by an unscrupulous salesperson. Thank you for the time you will put to improve this situation for other customers.

More about Mermaid Pools And Hot Tubs

For over four decades, people in the National Capital Area and Outaouais have been getting into the swim of things thanks to Mermaid. Since 1965, we have sold and installed over 40, 000 pools and spas, and continue to service what we sell. We design and build in-ground pools, and ...
Looking for Swimming Pools, Spas & Hot Tubs pros in Ottawa?