Mermaid Pools And Hot Tubs

Swimming Pools, Spas & Hot Tubs
1373 Ogilvie Road Ottawa ON K1J 7P5
HomeStars  >  Swimming Pools, Spas & Hot Tubs in Ottawa  >  Mermaid Pools And Hot Tubs

Reviews for Mermaid Pools And Hot Tubs

Rajesh in Gloucester
Rajesh in Gloucester

Polaris robot cleaner 965iQ

Jesse provided excellent sale and post sale service. He offered to pick up faulty unit and replace it with brand new unit from home. He came to replace the unit after full day at work. His professionalism, courteous and considerate nature deserves appreciation. I hope the machine also will be reliable and last long enough.

Bob in Gloucester
Bob in Gloucester

Mermaid pool liner installation

I have a large kidney shaped in-ground pool which developed a leak over the winter as the liner was shot. I tried several companies and settled on Mermaid as they responded quickly, put their promises in writing and their price, while not lowest, was competitive. They completed the work on time and budget. Their installers have massive experience and know what they are doing. They are so good and thorough that I’ll be getting a safety cover from them and no one offered me any rebates or incentives to write this. Their honest good work and great results were my incentives.

service

Yesterday I went to Mermaid to buy a pool lounger. The only one available was a floor model . Jesse assembled the lounger for me at no additional cost to ensure all the required parts were included. That is the type of service that keeps me coming back to Mermaid.

Hec
Hec
7 reviews , ON

New above ground pool

When we were shopping around for pools, Martin Molla was extremely attentive to my multiple questions. (We exchanged some 40 emails before I came in and signed). What’s more, even after the sale, Martin continued (continues!) to answer the many niggling questions i have as a pool newbie. we dont live close to the store; it was Martin’s salesmanship and pleasant personality that lead us to purchase from mermaid rather than one of their competitors closer to our house.

Enraged!!!  in Gloucester
Enraged!!! in Gloucester
0 reviews Ottawa, ON

Horrible service and lack of professionalism

Mermaid pools sucks! Ince you pay them and they leave you will be screwed! You must wait 48hours before pool can be turned on! Then all hell breaks loose! Nothing works right: leaks everywhere! Extremely poor installation! Glade they are not building my house! Call after call and message after message! No one answers and when they do, they give you the run around! Garbage excuses! Get this ladder installation was 2 weeks late and when they did they just threw it in no instructions it is mot even safely secured to pool! It also has this lame door that automatically shuts on you! Ridiculous! I can’t even get in or out of pool without someone holding it for me! Now they are suppose to replace it! Will see.... still leaking too! Guy has been here 3 times! No one knows what the hell they are doing there! Mega unorganized! All reviews online say the same thing! ????AVOID MERMAID POOLS! Once they have your money that dont care abour you anymore! Zero follow up! Zero customer care or appreciation for such a large purchase! Biggest mistake ever dealing with these guys!!!!! ?

Mahoney in Toronto
Mahoney in Toronto

Very poor after service

BUYER BEWARE!!! When we bought our pool, we chose Mermaid because it had such a good reputation for service. I think the good service only comes before the sale! The Haywood salt system has never worked and Mermaid is giving us the run around. They send a guy out, he looks at the system, makes me sign a form and then leaves. Three service guys have visited so far, the system still doesn't work. Now the pool liner is damaged because of it. Very frustrating.
Chose another company.

Hello Mahoney. We are extremely sorry to hear of your recent experience. If you wouldn't mind emailing me directly at customercare@mermaidpools.com. We take every complaint seriously and take action on every one.I will look into this right away and apologize again for your experience.

Kelly Kerrigan in Ottawa
Kelly Kerrigan in Ottawa

Policies

Staff selected and sold us a "plus" chemical when a "minus" was needed. Their "mistake" was noticed before any chemicals were used, but when we returned they would not exchange for the correct product. I was told Company Policy...no returns on chemicals...or making good on their mistakes either. Pretty short sighted given what we spend there each year. Lets see if they make it right.

Hello Kelly. We are very sorry to hear of your recent customer experience. If you wouldn't mind emailing me directly at customercare@mermaidpools.com. We take every complaint seriously and take action on every one. I will look into this right away and I apologize again for your experience.

Spa and Chemicals

The spa I purchased had many issues and wasn't worth the cost I paid for it. Mermaid was slow to repair the issues and some remain. I find the price of their chemicals overpriced compared to their competitors. I find their staff to be generally unhelpful perhaps because they may lack experience in the industry. I will not be shopping there again.

Review has 1 previous version
savoy1 in Ottawa
savoy1 in Ottawa

Pool Purchase and Install

False promises by salesman. He sold me on the five star service and hassle free installation. He stated that the installers were Mermaid staff and only installed for them. When all is signed and paid I find out my installation is sub contracted out, I call them out on in and they state that the installers only install for them (which I later found out was false). My whole experience with these installers was brutal, never answered their calls or e-mails. Notified me the night before they were going to come install and needed me to get a bunch of stuff figured out. Two weeks later the installation still isn't finished (cholrinator) and some of it is leaking. They've told me three times so far that they would come and were no shows. Horrible communication from the installers and Mermaid isn't doing much to get this fixed for me

We are very sorry to hear of your recent customer experience. If you wouldn't mind emailing me directly at customercare@mermaidpools.com I will look into this right away. I do apologize for your service and we will do everything we can to ensure your next experience is a better one.

Hot tub cover replacement

Ordered a hot tub cover from mermaid pools and there was initial a mix up which delayed the delivery however mermaid pools quickly rectified the situation and made sure I was satisfied as a costumer. The new cover is fabulous and the delivery team did an exceptional and smooth job replacing the old cover with the new one.

Review has 1 previous version

More about Mermaid Pools And Hot Tubs

For over four decades, people in the National Capital Area and Outaouais have been getting into the swim of things thanks to Mermaid. Since 1965, we have sold and installed over 40, 000 pools and spas, and continue to service what we sell. We design and build in-ground pools, and ...