Mermaid Pools And Hot Tubs

Bob in
Bob in
1 review Clarence-Rockland, ON

New pool

New pool installed this week. Very satisfied with the whole process. Roxanne, Jordan and Roland and his installation team were all excellent to deal with. Very professional and attentive group of people. Made the whole process stress free. If your looking for a new pool or pool supplies you should contact Mermaid pools.

Hi Bob,
Thank you for the glowing review. Hope you enjoy the new pool.

Service is horrible!

Once again this year, we have encountered equipment issues/failures while opening our pool. One of the big selling points for us going with Mermaid was that we were told that they use only the best equipment. Well, We are only on year 2 and already 2 of the major components of the pool have had to be replaced. Let me rephrase that, after multiple communication attempts and a long wait, one of the parts was replaced last year. As for the other part that broken down this year, well your guess is as good as mine as to when it will be replaced. They have been to the house twice now and still no replacement pump. This latest time, they brought the wrong pump! How hard is it to read the part number from our file and match it to a part in stock?! All that to say we are very disappointed and hopefully Mermaid will take this and other reviews to heart and reevaluate their service model.

Hello, I am very sorry to hear about your problems. If you wouldn't mind emailing me directly at customercare@mermaidpools.com I will look into this right away. We thank you for your feedback and apologize for the inconvienince.

Horrible Experience in
Horrible Experience in

Above ground pool review

Absolutely atrocious service -the reason we went with mermaid is that the installers were supposed to be employees - DEFINITELY not true they are subs. Our pool was installed incorrectly -support posts were crooked and not level. The sub could not repair in the fall apparently and was to fix in the spring. We have asked mermaid Three times for someone to call but have no had a call. The GM Brian does not care as he is aware of all of the issues. Do not buy from this company as you will need to hire a lawyer like we have

I am very sorry to hear of your experience. If you wouldn't mind emailing me directly at customercare@mermaidpools.com I will look into this right away. I apologize for your experience.

Terrible Service Levels and Customer care

Quick to sell you their products and service...quick to take your money..... but better hope you don't have a problem....so slow to resolve. They definitely don't stand behind their workmanship and have a high turnover of service/installation crew. Make sure you have everything in writing and do your homework ahead of time!!!

I am very disturbed by your post. Please email me at customercare@mermaidpools.com and I will look into this right away. My apologies for your experience.

M&M  in
M&M in

Bullfrog Spa

Roxanne's knowledge, promptness to returning emails, enthusiasm, passion and dedication made this experience very pleasant. We were truly impressed . We will definitely send our friends to Mermaid Pools and Hot Tubs!

Thanks for the great feedback. We love to hear about happy customers :)

JannaG in
JannaG in
1 review Ottawa, ON

Amazing Family Memories thanks to Mermaid Pools!

Mermaid installed an amazing pool that has brought our family many great memories! We continue to use their water testing service to help maintain our pool and ensure that it remains running properly. We are in our 4th year with the pool and have not had to replace or repair anything. We are extremely satisfied!

Thank you Janna for the wonderful review. We appreciate you taking the time to tell us your story.

Christa Guillemette in
Christa Guillemette in
1 review Noëlville, ON

Great Experience

We had a great experience and excellence service with Roxanne Pilon at Mermaid Pools at both location Ogilvie and new location in Avalon. As a first buyer, I didn't know much about the process and products, Roxanne guided us and took her time explaining. Even now after my purchase I feel comfortable contacting her if i have any additional question or even repeated question. Roxanne has been very professional and is always there for us.

Thanks for the wonderful review Christa. We look forward to seeing again :)

Hot Tub Purchase and service

We bought our hot tub from the Merivale Rd. location several years ago. The staff made it simple and quick to find the right tub and arrange for delivery and installation. Our hot tub was delivered on the delivery date and installed within the hours. Since then we continue to return for our chemicals and supplies.

Glad to hear you are happy with your tub. Keep soaking and we look forward to seeing you next time you come in.

LiseP in
LiseP in
1 review Ottawa, ON

Amazing Service and People !!

I went to Mermaid in February to buy our first hot tub. Brian Graham was amazing, enthusiastic and knowledgeable. I felt I was in excellent hands. He helped arrange the contractor services to prepare our house for the tub (electrical and patio) - contractor service was top notch and the prices were all fair and according to market (I checked). When we ran into a scheduling hiccup Mermaid kicked into gear and ensured our tub was delivered on the day promised by sending their delivery staff in the evening. Can't ask for anything more really. 100% I'm pleased and impressed with the commitment to customer service. The fact that they now have a store on Innes Rd at Tenth Line is a greater plus for us as we are nearby!!

Thank you for the glowing review.

Private User reviews Ottawa, ON

Pool service abysmal and potentially dangerous

So putting in a pool was challenging, but that was nothing compared to getting it serviced. Consider our current experience. The lights failed a year ago and we've been waiting for repairs ever since. They said they needed the water lowered, so we waited until fall. In the fall, they told us to wait until spring. Yesterday they came to open the pool and fix the lights. They left with the lights uninstalled, the water on and filling the pool with LIVE wires dangling close to the rising water. Who does this nonsense? Buyers beware.

More about Mermaid Pools And Hot Tubs

For over four decades, people in the National Capital Area and Outaouais have been getting into the swim of things thanks to Mermaid. Since 1965, we have sold and installed over 40, 000 pools and spas, and continue to service what we sell. We design and build in-ground pools, and ...
Looking for Swimming Pools, Spas & Hot Tubs pros in Ottawa?