Weed Man

Reviews for Weed Man

Jeff Unionville
Jeff Unionville

Weed service

Prior year service was pretty good. Since new pesticide went in they have become cash hungry. Trying to upsell, without results. I had called them 3 times to cancel - they did not and continued to 'visit' without results - no customer service....just cash grab - be warned stay away from these guys.

Michael, Etobicoke
Michael, Etobicoke
2 reviews ,

Weed control and lawn fertilizer

I have been a Weed Man customer for the past two years, but due to a continuing poor quality of service, I will not be renewing my contract next season. I have several major complaints about working with Weed Man, here are just a few:
[1] Weed Man oversells themselves enormously. From the moment I ordered just one basic service, I was constantly being pressured to order costly additional services. I've often had to fend of multiple calls from Weed Man in the same week trying to sell me a service that I had already said "no" to several times.
[2] Weed Man likes to show up without warning. Weed Man supervisors and technicians typically do not notify you when they enter or leave your property. So, unless you happen to see them walking around your yard or unless they leave a notice in your mailbox trying to sell you more services, you may never know that they were there. If it's important to you that someone call before coming to spray your lawn, then you have to let the call centre know. Also make sure you tell them that you wish to be called every time someone comes (not just once), and that you want some kind of notice from the technician afterwards once he/she is finished.
[3] Weed Man's 24-hour service guarantee is really a 3-day service guarantee. When I signed up for Weed Man initially, I was promised unlimited spot treatments on my weeds throughout the season. I was repeatedly told that all I had to do was call and someone would be on my property within 24 hours (this is also pushed as a major selling feature while on hold with the call centre). When Weed Man fails to meet this promise, I am told by the senior staff that 24 hours really means 24 "business hours," which could be up to 3 days (depending on your definition of a regular work day). When I asked why Weed Man promises a 24-hour turnaround time when they don't really mean it, I was accused of nitpicking. I guess they just think it sounds better, even if it means misleading their customers.
[4] Weed Man employees need better communication skills. When I recently called for a weed treatment on my lawn, it took nearly 3 weeks and 4 phone calls to get the job done. First I was told that a rush order would be put on my next fertilizer treatment and that my weeds would be sprayed at the same time. A week later, a technician showed up but didn't bring the right treatment, so he said he would send someone else. Several days later someone else showed up but since it had rained the night before, he said the treatment would be ineffective and would have to be done another day. I asked the call centre about this and they said it was not true, so they sent a supervisor to my property. The supervisor also told me that weeds should have been sprayed and that he would send someone else (evidently he didn't bring any weed treatment either). After hearing nothing for several more days, I called Weed Man again. This time they sent a supervisor and a technician to my home with the proper weed treatment, but failed to leave any notice on my lawn once they were done. Less than an hour later, another technician showed up and started spraying my weeds without telling me. I managed to stop him before he finished and he assured me that a double treatment would not harm my lawn because it was "organic." I asked the call centre about this, but they would not confirm whether this was true or not. Within only a few days, my lawn changed from a lush green to a deathly brown (see photos). Weed Man fully admits that there has been damage to my lawn, but they have so far refused to apologize for it and I have been forced to fight them for any form of compensation.
So, in classic Weed Man rhetoric, it has definitely not been an "amazing" day at Weed Man and no, you may not "amaze" me ever again.

Mrs. G in Ajax
Mrs. G in Ajax

Fertilize and Weed Treatment On Front Lawn

I have had Weed Man fertilize and do weed control on my front lawn for 5 years now and they do an adequate job. I ask for a minimum job each year because I water the grass very little in the summer and it goes brown. Up until 2 years ago I was happy with them but in the last 2 years they have started calling me many times during the season to add different services, like aerating, extra fertilizer, extra weed control. They become downright irritating with their constant calls even though I keep telling them NO. I finally got them to stop calling last year by asking the person how many times I had to tell them NO before they stopped calling. I continue to use them because they do a good job with the lawn.

Another problem last year was the lawn was very burned out in July and they insisted on Fertilizing it anyway. The Fertilizer burned what grass there was as I had told them it would. I had to resod part of the lawn this spring because of it. This year I will not fall prey to their "This is the last week for your summer fertilization and if you don't have it done, you will lose the money you paid". If they insist, I will cancel their services.

Mathieu, Birchcliff in Scarborough
Mathieu, Birchcliff in Scarborough
11 reviews Scarborough, ON

Lawn fertilizatyion

We hired Weed Man to do a series of 5 or 6 lawn treatments on our front and back lawns in the summer of 2007.

They came when they were supposed to but what really annoyed me is after every time they came they would call us two or three times saying "the technician noticed ..." and we strongly suggest you spend $XX on having us do this extra service. They called even after we asked them not to call.

And get this: We are have just begun a new landscaping project on our front lawn this spring (2008) so a low of the grass is torn up, we also installed a new gate into the backyard and there is a lock on it.

I cam home the other day to see one of their signs on our lawn they place after they do their work and bill in my mailbox for $97.50! I haven't talked to these people since October 2007 and they just show up, dump their product on my lawn and leave a bill. What is this? Reverse billing?

The best part is, even though access to our backyard is locked, they still checked off that they applied product there. Wow! Did they scale our house and go over the roof?

girly in the city
girly in the city
5 reviews ,

Weeds

I got the Weed Man Crabgrass Control because I was having a hard time with crab grass. The weedman was able to get rid of it quickley at a good price. I will hire them again this year.

e11e in the Rouge
e11e in the Rouge
3 reviews ,

lawn maintenance

We hired weedman to do our lawn maintence for weed control and fertilizer. They burned our lawn and killed a lot of my flowers that i had taken a few years to grow! i was devistated but they did make up for this by giving me $80 of irrigation and offered me further discounts on their services.

Mario from Woodbridge
Mario from Woodbridge
8.5/10

Lawn care

We've had the Weed Man (Scarborough) maintain our lawns for 3 years now and they look great! Sure it's probably cheaper to do it myself - but it doesn't look as good and I don't have the time.

Zen T in Mississauga
Zen T in Mississauga

5.5/10

Yearly contract for lawncare services

We signed up for a full year of Weed Man services for our lawn. Maybe I was too optimistic. But when I hired "Weed Man" I thought this company would get rid of weeds. Hasn't worked out that way. Our lawn and gravel areas are full of weeds. And I've also been disappointed to see some of the biggest brown patches I've ever seen on our lawn this year. We're pretty good about watering so I doubt the big brown patches are entirely a watering issue. We're not planning on hiring this company next year, and we will have to request them to take us off their phone solicitation list. (They really used to phone us a lot, in the years before we signed up.)

More about Weed Man

Let us AMAZE you. Weed Man is a network of locally owned and operated lawn care professionals providing environmentally responsible lawn care programs that help create the thick, healthy, beautiful and weed free lawn you have always imagined. For over 40 years, Weed Man's promise has always been the same: ...
Looking for Lawn Maintenance pros in Scarborough?