Weed Man

John in Whitby
John in Whitby
1 review Whitby, ON

Weed control service

I had Weed Man for over 10 years with no problem but ever since new ownership took over in 2007/2008 or so, my lawn service and customer servie was pathetic. No one listens and no one cares. I cancelled my service in 2008 and still I'm getting phone calls at least twice a day from them but when I answer there's no one at the other end. So I filed a complaint to the National Do Not Call List Registery and the CRTC. Please do the same if you are having the same issues.

If possible I would like to discuss this account in detail with you. I do not have any information to look into your account now, but if you could provide me with your address or home number I would like to discuss this concern in detail with you. Please call me at 416-269-8333. Steve Stronge Customer Service Manager

North York near 404 Hwy.
North York near 404 Hwy.
1 review North York, ON

Weed control

After being told that weedman's weed control was most effective by the company,we soon discovered it was not so. Once they entice us to pay in advance, they only applied the weed control to 20 percent of our weeds.When we called to complain,we were told that the technician has to apply the product by hand,so it is hard on the technician's hand to do all the weeds.We told her that we should have been told this when they called us to sell their program. We followed their instructions by watering our lawn for four days for 30min per day and yet all the dandilions are alive!

Gentleman in Toronto
Gentleman in Toronto

Lawn care / weed service

I have 3 complaints regarding this company:

i) After applying numerous applications, dandelions and other weeds continue to appear. Their treatment does not work and the service is a waste of money. You are better off hand weeding.

ii) They keep calling to up sell you other products/services.

iii) They hide behind a "continuous service" slogan to dump product/service on your lawn that I did not order or renew and they drop an invoice in your mail box. When called to complain about this practice they keep repeating the "continuous service" slogan to justify their actions and threaten to hand over the matter to a collections agency if I do not pay for a service I did not order or renew. Is this legal in Ontario? Is this akin to reverse billing? Any legal minds out there who can comment on this practice?

mary m in scarborough
mary m in scarborough

land scape

The boy did a bad job. I wanted some concerte blocks done for a retaining wall. It looked fine for about a month. then a few heavy rainfalls during Auguest, and it became distorted. It also became uneven, unlevel. I was disappointed.

renomom
renomom

lawn care

Found dealing with this company quite disappointing.
We were given a quote however new services were constantly being added.
Service was a little bit unpredicatable and was never quite sure what they did.

Weedman
Weedman
1 review Richmond Hill, ON

lawn service

The Weedman company was wonderful who looked after my lawn. They showed up when they said they would and did a great job. They eliminated the weeds that were driving me mad. I should really bring them back for the upcoming spring and summer season.

Thank you for your kind words. If there is anything I can do now or in the future please contact my office at 416-269-8333.

Steve Stronge
Customer Service Manager

family from Toronto
family from Toronto

Lawn Servicing - Weed control and fertilizer

I have been very unhappy with the service provided my the Weed Man. I hired them for the season to do weed control and fertilzing. They did a terrible job. They ran across the lawn with the spray, and as a result they missed any edges within two feet of the fence or pavement. The final straw for me came when they applied an "extra" service and charged me for it, despite the fact that we did not want it. They are a "continuous service" company and therefore place your order for you whether you want it or not. I will never use this company again and would certainly never recommend anyone else does either.

I am not sure if your family is in my service area, but if you are I would like to discuss your concerns with Weedman in detail. 416-269-8333

Steve Stronge
Customer Service Manager

P S Unionville
P S Unionville

Lawn care

After making the mistake of giving permission to quote us for lawn care (they trot school kids out in Weed Man coats door to door with a clipboard, there have to be some laws against that), I was pestered by 3 different Weed Man employees for about 2 weeks until they started cutting their quotes down. Eventually I caved and said ok.

Their tech did a shoddy job of fertilizing the lawn, jogging the whole time trying to finish as quickly as possible. When it came time to treat the weeds, the tech basically skipped every other weed, especially the small ones. My guess is that it would ensure that would require further treatments. I don't know what sort of job they would have done if they knew that someone happened to be home both times, but someone was, and it wasn't worth any amount of money. Needless to say, our weeds remained and are living quite happily to this day. The Weed Man posed no threat to them, and their existence is proof of their lack-lustre service.

A few weeks ago they started pushing their new grub treatment, "alerting" me to the fact that my lawn had a grub problem (it doesn't) and that if I didn't get their treatment NOW, my lawn would be in shambles. The calls went on for a week and change. During one of their calls, the lady demanded she speak to my father. Immensely annoyed, I canceled all my services with them.

Probably the most irritating company I've had to deal with. I've told everyone I know to avoid them like the plague, and I hope that anyone reading this does the same.

carolc in mississauga
carolc in mississauga

weed control, fertilizer

Weed Man has serviced our lawn for the last few years. We use their fertilizer and weed control service, applied 4 times per year. i am impressed that they are going to be going envirnmentally friendly without pesticied use in 2009, and pulling weeds by hand. Great customer service.

Mardi in Rexdale
Mardi in Rexdale
2 reviews Etobicoke, ON

Weed Control

Time and again they said they were bringing a new product, a natural one, but the product didn't come in and we got the regular weed care instead. It almost seemed that they were bringing weeds instead of getting rid of them. They do offer to come again if you are not satisfied, to their credit, which we did not take advantage of out of frustration.

More about Weed Man

Let us AMAZE you. Weed Man is a network of locally owned and operated lawn care professionals providing environmentally responsible lawn care programs that help create the thick, healthy, beautiful and weed free lawn you have always imagined. For over 40 years, Weed Man's promise has always been the same: ...
Looking for Lawn Maintenance pros in Scarborough?