Weed Man

darcy willington in Maple
darcy willington in Maple
3 reviews Maple, ON

weed treatment

They did a very poor treatment, they said they guaranteed their service however, they did not do a follow up treatment. After I complained about their service and expressed my dissatisfaction, they still charged me! I did not pay, and canceled my service, reminding them that they promised satisfaction or no charge. I don't recommend this particular service as I spoke to neighbors who complained of similarly poor experiences. That is all

John in Mississauga
John in Mississauga

Lawn maintenance

They handled my moms property last year and to be honest we didn't see any improvement in her lawn....still had weeds. So were not planning to call them...but they called us and keep calling even after being told "No". My worry is my mom is by herself and I do not appreciate calls after you've been told to stop.

Mal in Concord
Mal in Concord
1 review ,

weed control

They are a despicable company with no scruples or morals, they will not do as they are requested and will do you in at every possibility just to get into your wallet, the act outside of any legal parameters I have ever experienced or encounter and bank on the fact that you will not defend yourself, they bring new meaning to the term underhanded and disgusting, you deal with them at great peril.

I am very surprised and concerned over your comments and would like to discuss your concerns in detail. If you could, please provide me with your customer number so I can look into your account details. Please contact me at 416-269-8333, and ask for me, Steve Stronge Customer Service Manager.

Kim H in Scarborough
Kim H in Scarborough
1 review Scarborough, ON

lawn care service/weed removal

After a sales phone call that sounded oh-so promising, I consented to a package with The Weedman that would consist of 4 treatments beginning in late spring and ending in the early fall. I did not sign anything. The first 2 treatments burned my lawn, yet the weeds thrived. Speaking to the technicians who apply the treatments is like speaking to a brick wall. They never conveyed my concerns to the "customer service" office. Attempting to reach someone in the office is a real challenge. The company called my home every evening looking for my business, yet their "customer service" reps are only available from 9am-5pm. When I finally reached someone (because I am working during their "service" hours), I got this long lecture about how the government was preventing them from using certain weed control products and this was a big part of the problem. I asked to have the service cancelled, though one treatment was outstanding. I arrived home one evening to find a technician applying the last treatment and argued with him about it - he left me a bill anyway. On the following day, the "customer service" rep told me that if I didn't pay the bill, it would be sent to collections. They read back to me notes written from my first call, which stated that "Mrs is completely satisfied with the service and is looking forward to treatments next year". COMPLETE and blatent fabrication. So folks, I spent close to $200 for a burned lawn and weeds that are stronger than ever. If I didn't deliver results in my own job and then treated my clients like crap, not only would I not be paid, I would be shown the door. This company is dishonest and does not deliver the guaranteed results. They get a big fat "0" from me on all counts.

paul stacey in Uxbridge
paul stacey in Uxbridge
1 review UXBRIDGE, ON

lawn weed and feed service

CRIMINAL!!!!!! This is the most dishonest, irresponsible and incompetent company which whom we have ever dealt. While our weed control was pathetic this summer after being charged for weeds to be eliminated from our property, we were told by Weed Man representatives that it was the time of year (July) when we could expect many weeds. We were billed anyway. Then we were told that the effective weed control products were on back order from Europe and that the products they were using were ineffective. We were billed anyway. Then Weed Man paid us three 'pretend' visits. They charged us for three varied weed and fertilizer applications at three different times but never actually showed up. Finally, they showed up at the end of October after several frosts to fertilize, just in time for the snow. Throughout the summer, we made several requests for a manager to come and inspect our lawn. No one ever arrived. When we called several times to speak to a manager, we were told all managers were in a meeting. Their products are useless, there is NO customer service and they have no regard for honesty. Shame on you, Weed Man.

I was very concerned when I read this statement about the company I work for and the pride I take in doing my job as a Customer Service Manager. I was able to contact Paul regarding these concerns and we discussed the problems at great length. Although there were discrepancies in some of the information Paul had provided in his statement, which we agreed upon, there was a lack of service and customer service in which I apologized for and assume full responsiblilty. We have worked out a deal and we will be talking again in the near future. Thank you for your time.

Steve Stronge
Customer Service Manager

E in Markham
E in Markham
1 review Welland, ON

Lawn Maintenace

Used Weed Man for 1 year. Not overly impressed with the condition of my lawn (could have done the same job ourselves). We got a call this past winter telling us if we renewed early there would be a discount. Told person we would not be renewing again. After several days a "manager" called saying he could give us a better price. Told him probably not but if he wanted to send me some information thru the mail I'd discuss with my husband and if we decided to go with them I'd call. Never called but come April get home from work to find Weed Man's applied a treatment. Called them saying didn't ask for your service they said they didn't have it on record (how convenient!!) and that we'd be responsible for that bill. Told the woman I spoke to I wasn't paying for something I didn't ask for. Have been harrassed and threatened since then finally resulting in a collection agency wanting there now $63. Called collection agency they said they can't make any changes but failing to pay will result in your "bad credit" info being passed to Equifax Canada. Called the Weed Man and first told they have the conversation recorded and she'd check. Came back 5 minutes later saying she could access the system "how convenient!!!) and that a Manager "Steve" would call me that evening. Needless to say that never happened and not the next evening either. I've read several posts and it seem this is an occuring issue with the Weed Man. Do your homework - lesson learned for me. Definately not over thinkig of taking the issue to small claims court. No probs Weed Man can't wait to start telling my neighbours (several of them use your company) just how unreputable you are!!!!!

Steve Stronge
Customer Service Manager

D R in Brampton
D R in Brampton

lawn service

After a year of receiving the "premium" package I found the weedman's service to be useless. When I saw no improvement in my lawn I decided that in the future that I would not be continuing my relationship with this company. This season I underwent a constant barrage of solicitation both through mail and by phone. At one point I was recieving phone calls at least once if not twice every day of the week. As I did not want any services this year I did not respond and verbally told the sales marketers exactly that. However, "A continuous service" they kept showing up and when their accounting department decided to collect by phone I promptly told them the situation. To make a long story short I kept recieving countless sales calls even when I politely asked them to take me off of their "list". Each time I told them to make a note in their system and explained that they were braking the law by continuing to call. I thought the problem solved when on three occasions their accounting department told me that the account deficit had been rectified when obvioiusly it had not been. I was also ensured that there would be no further phone calls. WRONG...the calls continued and I have now been told that their accounting reps would never say such things (and mysteriously there are no notes to the effect). I have been told that a third party will be handling the situation from now on...
I highly advise that you do not involve yourself with this company.

If possible I would like to discuss this account in detail with you. I do not have any information to look into your account now, but if you could provide me with your address or home number I would like to discuss this concern in detail with you. Please call me at 416-269-8333. Steve Stronge Customer Service Manager.

Andre in Maple
Andre in Maple
6 reviews Maple, ON

Weed Removal

I called weedman for a quote to remove weeds around my property (front yard, backyard, and inbetween cobblestones). After recieving the quote, I never gave a go-ahead to do the work and then all of the sudden I have a weedman sign on my lawn and a bill in the mail. I never authorized anything and further to this, the weeds were still there. I have called back various times and they keep adding on services and supposivly have come back multiple times to re-treat the lawn but weeds are still there.

12 weeks later and after many many phone calls, my lawn is still FULL of weeds and they keep calling me for payment. If you guarantee full removal, then once they are removed and the guarantee is met then I will gladly pay, but since not 1 weed has vanished, you have done nothing more than water my lawn.

Dont even bother with this company. Complete scam.

Review has 1 previous version
CW_MARKHAM
CW_MARKHAM

weed control

BEWARE & STAY AWAY!!!!! This company is full of DISHONEST STRATEGIES based on the following reasons:

1. applied what was claimed by this company as the "most effective" weed control that didn't work but promote further growth of weeds

2. reapply the same product that failed to work and promote further growth of weeds

3. dare to promote their other products/services on top of their poor services

4. poor customer service

5. service appointments are either late or missed

6. a company that GUARANTEES DISAPPOINTMENT FROM CONSUMERS!!!!!!
PLEASE STAY AWAY

Colin
Colin
8 reviews Pickering, ON

Weed Control

In the fall of 2009 I decided to discontinue using Weedman's services - there new "Enviro friendly" services just dont work. I spent a lot of time in the spring of 2010 preparing my lawn myself with triple mix, fertilizer and overseeding. Within 3 days of my overseeding, Weedman came in without my permission and treated the lawn for crabgrass. This is pasically a product that stops grass seed from germinating. Guess what, all that hard work I did was just ruined. And now they want me to pay for the service that I didn't want and didn't authorize. Oh yeah, and now they are threatening to send me to collections. Don't forget to take a look at their BBB listing "F", 145 complaints (Weedman Scarborough) - the majority they didn't even respond to. Also look at feedback on "Redflag deals", "Smart Canucks.ca", "Culture Magazine", etc, the list goes on and on. Doesn't seem like their Management gives a darn about their reputation! Good luck trying to get a hold of anyone there that understands the concept of "Customer". Don't do business with this company!

More about Weed Man

Let us AMAZE you. Weed Man is a network of locally owned and operated lawn care professionals providing environmentally responsible lawn care programs that help create the thick, healthy, beautiful and weed free lawn you have always imagined. For over 40 years, Weed Man's promise has always been the same: ...
Looking for Lawn Maintenance pros in Scarborough?