HomeStars  >  Lawn Maintenance in King City  >  LawnSavers Plant Health Care Inc

Reviews for LawnSavers Plant Health Care Inc

Private User reviews Pickering, ON

Lawn Care - Aeration

The office personnel and the technicians just don't seem to talk to one another. The overall communication is just abysmal! Informed them not to do any aeration on my lawn since I did not know the placement of my Sprinkler system heads and pipes in my Lawn. They indicated that they would do a Gypsum application instead of the aeration. I came home only to find that they had performed the aeration, even though I had asked the office to inform the technician to complete only the Gypsum application. Not sure if my sprinkler system is damaged as they had already been winterized by that point. Will find out next Spring.

The Operations Manager also indicated that he would ask his technician to take some pictures of the problem areas of the lawn and he would then call me with remedial recommendations. This was early summer. To this day I'm still waiting for the promised phone call.

Walied
Walied

Will see!

Update
Promised a solution and they cared enough to make efforts to correct the situation. Looks promising, but will see!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Original Review
Save your money and get someone to mow your lawn regularly, that will get you much better result. These guys do not do anything special or of real value, and they are very clever in deflecting responsibility, so save your self the stress as well.

Mullz
Mullz

Terrible Lawnsavers Weed Management - Upgraded Package

I hired lawnsavers in 2017 and the service was good, and you can even read my previous review. But this year is an entirely different story.

I am a repeat customer but after this year, I will not be. They came for the first visit, before the ice storm in April (April 11, 2018). For those of you who remember that was April 16, 2018. After which no one showed up! I kept calling, and no one attended until June 25, 2018 !! The weeds had already germinated, and sprung out, I purchased my own weed killer to apply.

In July they rescheduled and when they finally came out, they said they couldn't apply the weed control product. The technician had told me because they had no van, but in the email it says since they didn't want to damage the grass ! Absolutely horrible service!

To sum it up, I will not renew with them, as they don't seem to be coordinated or they don't care about repeat customers.

I'm very sorry that your experience this year was not as positive as you had become accustomed to. As you mention, the weather plays a large and crucial role in the ability to provide an effective application and we make adjustments throughout the year to compensate for that including adjusting the types of applications and the schedule for when those will be most effective. This year we experienced a freak, late ice storm that kept lawns frozen for 9 days in mid to late April, followed by an unusually hot and dry early spring that lasted right through to the end of August. This is bad news for growing "cool-season lawns" in the Greater Toronto Area!
When it is too hot, we need to delay and adjust service as there are risks to applying certain products when the weather is excessively hot. I'm sorry that this was not communicated to you clearly. We absolutely care about all of our customers and I would like to ensure the remainder of your program meets your standards. (we still have the most important part of the growing season ahead of us (September and October) Please email me at greatservice@lawnsavers.com and I will personally get back to you. Kyle.

A from Thornhill
A from Thornhill
3 reviews Richmond Hill, ON

Terrible service this year

I chose LawnSavers to care for my lawn in 2017. I was very happy with their service and professionalism last year. My lawn looked wonderful last season and I was happy with their services, technicians and their care for my lawn. April 2018 I waited to hear from LawnSavers regarding this season’s contract for lawn care. I didn’t get an email or a phone call which I found quite strange. Wouldn’t they want repeat customers? (This should have been a warning for me). I ended up calling LawnSavers myself and I booked and prepaid for lawn services for summer 2018.
This summer my lawn looks terrible. There are dry patches everywhere. I had a service technician come by at the end of July and during that service I expected a note about the patches on my lawn and some sort of advice or remedy to get rid of them. But, the technician didn’t even mention the patches. In the first week of August I emailed LawnSavers and requested someone come out to assess my lawn. A week later I had to email them again, asking for someone to come by. I’ve been told a technician will be by at the end of this week. I can’t believe the terrible service I’m getting this year. They were hired to take care of my lawn for the season and they’ve failed miserably. They won’t be getting my business again.

UPDATE SEPTEMBER 8TH.
I never did get anyone from Lawnsavers to come out and check my lawn despite repeated requests by email. on August 27th a technician came for the regular scheduled service at 8 am and I went outside to meet him. He had no idea of my complaints and told me I had grubs but that he didn't have anything on his truck to treat them. He apologized for the way I was treated and told me he would talk to his supervisor and the owner. On September 6th I received a call from Lawn savers asking me what I would like to do about my grub problems. Seriously. You are calling me two months too late. I had this problem in July!
I've started my search for a new lawncare provider already.

I'm very sorry that you feel your service was not up to par. We take great care to make our clients lawns look there best and make adjustments to benefit you when we are dealt with extreme weather situations beyond anyone's control. This summer was particularly hot and record setting dry from May to August.

GRUBS: We recommend every year that people apply grub control proactively as the treatment is a live organism called Nematodes that has very strict methods and equipment adjustments to apply. This special application can ONLY be applied in cooler weather to lawns that are watered before and after the application. Any application done before late August or after September will not be effective as the Nematode will simply die. This timing is also when the Beetle eggs hatch into grubs (European Chafer Beetle). These grubs only begin feeding on roots at that time. There is no way to know until that point!
Many lawns suffered from drought and dormancy this summer as the grass can not grow well above 28 deg C. If damage occurred in July and the lawn did not recover, It is most likely that your lawn suffered from a Chinch bug infestation. There is NO legal/approved control available in Ontario for chinch bug since the 2009 Ontario Pesticide Ban.

Please email me at greatservice@lawnsavers.com to discuss so I can have the opportunity to help you make it right. We stand by our customers and will always partner with you to help you have the best lawn possible.
Please note: Special prepayment offers are sent by email 3 times in the winter season for our clients to take advantage of. Some clients do find them caught in Email servers security software.

Melly
Melly

Thanks LawnSavers!!!

LawnSavers has taken the hassle out of maintaining my lawns nutrients and weed control. They even provide complimentary call aheads and detailed after service email left by the technicians after each visit. LawnSavers have gone above and beyond to address any concerns or issues that I initially had with my lawn. They have been professional, proactive and far exceed any other lawn care company that I have ever been with in the past. They are the best in the game, as long as you follow their partnership expectations you will have the best looking lawn on your street!

Thank you for partnering with us and working together to achieve great results. as you know it takes time to grow and turn a lawn around but the results are worth your patience and efforts.

Asad K. in Mississauga
Asad K. in Mississauga

Repeat customer, this year weeds everywhere

This is my third year hiring lawnsavers. The first two years were great and I saw little to no weed. This year it has been horrible. I contacted them several times about it. They said they will send their best guy on the next visit. He came and said it’s a corner house, too bad. Well it was a corner house the first two years as well. Also all the other corner houses in my area have better grass than me. I’m watering it as per the recommendation. Watering it during the day as well on super hot days. My grass is green but too much weed. Called them and emailed again. No replies. Will not hire them next year and try a different company. They’ve lost their touch.

I'm sorry Asad that the weeds were worse this year than other seasons. Corner houses do have increased pressure due to exposure to all of your neighbours weed seeds blowing down the street. Weeds are particularly worse in unusually hot and dry weather seasons like this one, as lawns go dormant in the heat, while weed can still thrive. We are still here to help battle against the weeds. Please keep in mind that half the battle is ensuring your lawn gets adequate moisture and mowing in a consistent basis through out the season from April to November.

Please email me at great service @lawnsavers.com so I can help get your lawn back on track!

Chaitra in Oakville
Chaitra in Oakville

Terrible service

They have come only once for weeding so far. Absolutely no communication. We literally had to beg them to come the first time and they disappeared again. I would never recommend them to anyone. I am going to let all my neighbors know about their horrible service. Going to look for another company. you should just just shut down the company.

I'm sorry if you had a bad experience with our company and we would like to make it right. Please reach out to me at greatservice@lawnsavers.com so I can verify your service records as a customer and review your account. (I cant find your name in our database or a cancellation from a client in Oakville in the last few weeks).

We take great pride in our excellent record of service and our upfront communication to our clients that lawn care is a Partnership that takes effort from both of us, and most importantly, it takes more than one year to see the fantastic results that thousands of our customers enjoy. We do not have any magic formulas to erase or remedy insect problems or weed infestations in a short duration, and there is no way to speed up the organic process of weed control which requires several applications of various products with application timelines that would cause damage of they were to happen any faster than manufacturers specifications.

Our treatments are designed to be performed around Mother Nature's schedule and government regulations with great care taken for heat, drought and other factors that can effect the efficacy of an application, and prevent damage to a lawn. This summer has been an extremely hot and dry summer, and it is important to note that we are only half way through the growing season.

Again, we are proud of our service guarantee and would like to have the opportunity to help you and make it right.

Yvette from Toronto
Yvette from Toronto

Lawn Revival

I called Lawn Savers thinking they provided sod installation and was talked into trying out their power seeding service. I told them our lawn had a lot of bare patches and felt that sod was needed to bring it back to life, but they guaranteed that their work was BETTER and far cheaper than having sod installed.

We meticulously followed their instructions for care, including careful watering and keeping everyone off of the lawn for several months. My dogs were banished from their yard for an entire Season, which was difficult for everyone.

Long story short, at the end of the service, we were left with a lawn that is still so patchy and bare a year later, it’s embarrassing. We literally could’ve done a better job if we just seeded it ourselves.

We will not be using them again, and frankly feel that a refund is in order.

Hi Yvette, I can't find an account with your name Yvette in our system. Please contact me. We stand by our work and our renovation system, and have always had great success with it. Our seed is top-rated, tested each year and we use a specialized machine to deposit the seed into small slits within your lawn. The only time it doesn't work is when it doesn't receive ample watering as per the instructions left. Seed will begin growth within 10-14 days and we continue visits to touch up over your program. Our promise up front is that the process takes time and we will work with you every step of the way as long as you partner with us, and do your part
Your comments sound like this service may have been done in a previous year. Anyone on our renovation program is supposed to partner with us and communicate any problems as they occur. We will then come out and address those concerns. I'd still like to help and review what happened with your account- Please email me at greatservice@lawnsavers.com with your name and address so I can confirm your client account and personally look into this. Thank You.

More about LawnSavers Plant Health Care Inc

Since 1989, LawnSavers has focused on providing innovative & proven solutions in organic Lawn Care & Tree Health Care. Our Fertilization, Weed and Insect Pest Control Solutions are top notch. Naturally, this allows us to provide environmentally sustainable, and healthy lawns & trees for a greener environment!
We are a small family-owned local Canadian company that's BIG ON SERVICE!
We understand the importance of great service and communicating with our customers. We've developed a reputation of excellence through partnering with our clients. Ingrained in our culture, is that we always focus on great service, integrity, honesty and real value.
We provide Natural & Organic Lawn care programs that include (better than golf course) fertilizer, Fiesta for Weed Control, Natural Insect & Pest Management.
We specialize in lawn care services such as Weed control, weed removal, Lawn Renovation, Aeration, PowerSeeding, OverSeeding, Topdressing & Compost, Mosquito Management, Perimeter Spider & Ant Control, Chinch Bug Control & Grub Control. (NO LAWN CUTTING)
We are also are a leader in Professional Christmas Lighting and Holiday Decorations!
Call us at 905-707-9994 416-707-9994 or 1-888-503-LAWN(5296) or visit https://lawnsavers.com to learn more and get a fast estimate customized for your property.
Our risk-free Guarantee ensures you get the best program for the best price too ensure the best results. We are your lawn care partners.
Note: WE DO NOT PROVIDE Lawn Cutting, Mowing, Gardening service or Snow Removal.
Our lawn, tree and Pest Control Service Areas include:
Ajax, Aurora, Barrie, Bradford, Brampton, Brooklin, Concord, Gormley, Etobicoke, Holland Landing, Innisfil, King City, Kleinburg, Kettleby, Maple, Markham, Milton, Mississauga, Newmarket, Nobleton, North York, Oak Ridges, Oakville, Pickering, Pottageville, Queensville, Richmond Hill, Scarborough, Sharon, Stouffville, Thornhill, Toronto, Vaughan, Whitby, and Woodbridge