Unionville Appliance Ltd

Alex in Markham
Alex in Markham
1 review , ON

Dishwasher part

Try to fix my dishwasher myself and ordered a part from this place.
They ordered a part that is different and may require a lot of modifications that an ordinary average guy cannot do it, and even got it done but would subject the machine to have problems including water leakage. They should have told the customer before taking the order and payment.
Also, an order has been taken over by another sales and caused miscommunication themselves.
They wouldn't refund!!!

Hello,
We try and help clients that want to do the repairs themselves and we have done so for 30 years. We informed you prior to ordering the valve that your original one was discontinued as this machine is 30+ years old. The universal one works for your dishwasher, however the mounting had to be adjusted as not every dishwasher valve mounts the same.We tried explaining the process in the store here, we also offered a technician to install it for you if needed. The valve would indeed work for that model as we have been installing them on that style of machine for years. You felt that you could not install the part, and did not elect to have it installed by a professional. In any industry there are some jobs that are more difficult than others, that is why some jobs are better left to professionals, as they are trained in the field. A refund would have been processed, however disrespecting/insulting the staff resulted in us asking you to leave the premises.

HomeStars in Toronto
HomeStars in Toronto

Fridge Installation

My fridge suddenly quit last week. After the technician diagnosed the issue as non-repairable I went straight to Unionville Appliance to source a new Fridge.
Vince handled my order and I was very pleased with the professionalism.

Rob and Nick came to do the install and they were very professional, friendly and helpful. Even with a 36" fridge and those tight corners they still managed to smile and laugh!

Unionville Appliance will be the ONLY place I go when I need appliance replacement.
Thanks Team!
Kate McCarthy

SSingh from Markham
SSingh from Markham

Bad experience

My parents fridge was not working and I called Unionville Appliance to get it looked at. They sent a tech over the same day and he didn't bother diagnosing the issue, just said that the control board needs to be replaced. The cost of the replacement was more than what my dad wanted to pay so my dad decided to pay for just the service call. The tech proceeded to call me and in a condescending tone said that my dad isn't paying him. This tech neglected to tell me that my dad wanted to pay cash for the full amount as he was not comfortable paying by credit card. The tech wouldn't accept cash payment. My dad finally paid by credit card. Once the guy left, I asked my dad to let the fridge defrost and then they started it up the next day, everything worked fine.
It's unfortunate that this company does not diagnose the issue, just wants to have the customer spend money on a part they don't need. They are taking advantage of senior citizens, my dad is in his late seventies and staff at Unionville Appliance should be more courteous. Very disappointed at the dishonesty and lack of courtesy.

Hello,

We are sorry you are not happy with the experience. It was not the technicians intention to come across as rude. If it was perceived that way then we do apologize. We do normally take cash on site. However the technician did not have the proper amount of change to provide for the cash your father gave, which in turn resulted in a visa transaction.The quote we provided you pertains to the adaptive defrost board which is a common problem for a lot of these fridges. If this board is defective the fridge is unable to enter defrost mode on its own. By unplugging your fridge for 24 hours, it manually defrosts your evaporator coils in contrast to the fridge relying on the board to tell the heater to kick on. Unplugging the unit however is not a solution to the problem, this is more of a band aid fix that last approximately 1 week and in some cases longer. With the board being defective the fridge is unable to defrost on its own. We did offer another technician to come install the board for you as you were not happy with the present one. Definitely keep an eye on temperature fluctuation in your unit as it is likely to increase as a few more defrost cycles occur. It is strongly recommended that you have that board replaced.

Tony from Markham
Tony from Markham

Buy kitchen appliances

Unionville Appliance provided excellent service when we bought new kitchen appliances in November 2017 (oven, cooktop, fridge and dishwasher). Vince and Sal were very helpful. They made good suggestions and explained the options for selecting each unit. Vince printed out a description of each appliance we decided to buy. The prices were good and the morning delivery two weeks later was on schedule. Roy, the installer, was also very helpful. He installed the appliances that afternoon and demonstrated how to use each one. The four old units were removed by the end of the afternoon. I highly recommend this company.

Customer  in ??????????
Customer in ??????????

Review

I agree with Edward. Vince is very rude and acts like a know it all. He stinks.

Deal with Sal the father, he is very nice, knowledgeable and has great people skills.

Edward from Markham
Edward from Markham

One guy ruins everything

I had my dryer repaired by Neville from Unionville Appliance. He was fantastic. There was some confusion on the cost as what I was quoted and what I was charged differed by about $70. I called the office to get clarity and spoke with Vince who has absolutely no people skills. He was more interested in making sure to tell me repeatedly that I was wrong and that no one from his office could possibly make a mistake than he was on rectifying the situation. Vince is brash, rude, and a bully on the phone. I will never work with Unionville Appliance again to avoid having to speak with him again. Terrible experience.

Jeremy Choi in Stouffville
Jeremy Choi in Stouffville

Unionville Appliance is Honest, High Integrity and Customer Focused

I very seldom do any type of online review, unless the service company exceeds my expectations significantly. Unionville Appliance has done that.

Yesterday afternoon, I gave them a call with regards to a dryer problem I was having. In a nutshell, the dryer was dead, kaput, wouldn't start, or whatever other superlative denotes DOA. I had called inquiring about placing a service call. I spoke with Sal (whom I subsequently discovered is the owner) and he walked through several scenarios, assuring me that despite my admittedly lack of handiness, this is a problem that, at the very least, I can try to fix myself. Since I had the day off the following day (today), I went in to speak with Sal. I was greeted warmly by Sal and his staff, and after providing the model number for my dryer, Sal looked up the parts, and gave me several potential avenues of troubleshooting.

The best and absolutely most appreciated part of our conversation was seeing Sal's passion at wanting to do the best thing for the customer (me), even to the point where he suggested a no-cost test instead of simply trying out parts. Sal, in walking through how to do this by-pass test, gave me confidence that maybe I can perform such work. Moreover, he took me to his company's work area and even made me some parts I can use for the testing. In the meantime, he offered to eliminate one of the possibilities by having me bring in the dryer door switch for him to test. I subsequently did, and after testing and discussing the situation some more, he was fairly confident it was the thermal fuse, high limit fuse. He pulled up a video for how I can replace it and answered all my questions. By then I realized I had already taken up over an hour of his time. But he was genuinely interested in helping me to resolve this issue. I decided to purchase the thermal fuse kit. It was the least I could do for all of his value-added assistance.

I then asked Sal about appliances in general, certain brands, etc., and he gave me a thorough education on which brands are good and which are not so good, and he buttressed this with showing me independent repair reports in industry publications as well as sharing his own company repair log. Throughout this conversation, I really sensed the passion Sal had for high quality appliances, and also ensuring that the customer gets a great deal and thorough service.

While the YouTube video guy took 7.5 minutes to complete the repair, due to my complete lack of experience and skill, it took me over an hour, but in the end, I plugged in the dryer and was like, "holy cow, it works!!!" There is no way I could have done this without the expert advice and encouragement by Unionville Appliance and Sal, in particular.

Nowadays, many companies have their focus and direction towards the bottom line, even if it means an erosion of customer support. Companies are always willing to sell you unnecessary goods and services, and the customer will only realise this when the initial warranty runs out, if not before. I love the companies which run like the "good old days" whereby the owner(s) take pride in providing exceptional service at all times, not just to capture a sale. Unionville Appliance is a breath of fresh air in a world where going above and beyond for customers has been relegated to initial post sale support, waning shortly thereafter. Unionville Appliance is the kind of company that serves as a model of how companies should treat their customers. I would recommend them without hesitation for any sales or support. From Sal downwards, the company is run with integrity and you can trust them to watch out for your best interests. Thanks again, folks.

Thank you Jeremy.

mark in Newmarket
mark in Newmarket

Incredibly Helpful!!! Great advice, genuine interest in helping.

My dryer stopped producing hot air. I read up online that you can change some internal fuses if you're somewhat handy and likely fix the problem. So I visited their store to buy these fuses. I was greeted by a few guys at the front of the store, all very eager to hear about my challenge and offer advice. I was questioning if this is something I could fix on my own, to which they assured me it was. they could have made it sound more complicated or scare me with all the potential things that could go wrong, but instead they patiently walked me through the most practical and cost efficient way to test and resolve my problem. Needless to say, with their help and guidance, (and being a bit handy) I was able to fix my dryer by replacing the heating coil, which we discovered was eventually the issue.

I will always go to these guys from now on, and highly recommend them if you have any issue with your appliances. They genuinely wanted to help me figure it out when they could have easily turned it into a service call. Trust is very important - especially these days where many contractors take advantage of the unknowing. You don't need to worry about that with Unionville Appliance.

Thank you!

Thank you Mark!

Kevin White from Markham
Kevin White from Markham

Dishwasher

I was very happy with everyone I dealt with in this company. I wanted a dishwasher with a 3rd rack and Jennifer helped me research and figure out which one would be the best fit for my family. Sal (the owner) helped me land a great deal. I've had my dishwasher (Miele) for a couple of months now and it's night and day from my old one. Roy, who installed it was professional and a very nice guy. I highly recommend this business!

Thank you Kevin!

More about Unionville Appliance Ltd

Service and sales of mainly used parts. Offer 1-year warranty on parts/ labour, house calls made. ver the past 27 years Unionville Appliance has grown from a basement operation with a few customers to a large repair shop and showroom with plenty of satisfied customers. Family owned and operated, Unionville ...
Looking for Appliance Retailers pros in Unionville?