Unionville Appliance Ltd

Reviews for Unionville Appliance Ltd

Doori
Doori

NEVER use this store

NEVER use this store. NEVER trust store persons in Unionville appliance. They say differently or hide (willfully not tell you the best option).

Bought a couple of appliances from this store but had to exchange to other products because of the store fault. They said differently once the incorrect products delivered. I ended up paying $2300 for $1500 products to sort out this mess. I got sick and tired of their attitude on how they sell their products.

Dirty business I have never seen before. Hope this store goes out of business soon.

Hello Doori:

During these unprecedented times our company has been working hard to monitor the status of all appliance orders. We are always transparent about manufacturer dates and will work with the consumer to find alternate models that suit a better time frame. Our delivery and sales team have been in constant communication with all our warehouses in order to be proactive in case of complications. If the wrong product is delivered, the installation team will swap the unit out for the correct product as soon as possible. Please call our store to discuss any details that were missed on the day of your delivery. We apologize for your unpleasant experience, as a company we always strive to provide our customers with the best service possible.

Lindsey in North York
Lindsey in North York

Washer/Dryer

Persons who delivered and installed machines were very prompt in responding. Also, they helped me to open the water valve door as the super couldn't help due to the condo policy.

Hi Lindsey we are sorry you are not satisfied product. Electrolux is a good quality product with a lot of support and high parts/service availability. There are much more than just 2 types of 24" washer/dryers available, however we promote mostly brands that we feel are reliable and of good quality for the consumer. We try our best to educate our client on the machines they are interested in, we are also here to answer any questions you may have at anytime. We provided the model numbers of the units for your your reference as our dialogue was only over the phone. On our website it indicates as well that the Electrolux dryer is a ventless dryer. The 1300$ option is an entirely different machine. Your front load washer and dryer are 24" stackable units, whereas, the 1300$ option is a laundry centre. The units have been uncrated, installed, and operated which is why we are unable to provide you with a complete refund. We are working towards finding a solution that will satisfy both parties further, and will be reaching out to you today to further discuss the matter.

Private User reviews Markham, ON

Owner of business hangs up phone on customer.

The owner of this business hung up the phone on me when I questioned if his prices were negotiable. How rude! All he wanted was for my to just pay up what he wanted. So I paid for diagnosis but the diagnosis about what was wrong with our dishwasher was wrong! What a waste of time and money dealing with this company!

We are sorry you feel this way. We had our technician in your home to diagnose your unit. Your unit did indeed require a circulation motor. We gave you the cost of repair for this unit when our technician was on site. You had confirmed the cost of the repair and had us order in the part. The part arrived and we had contacted you to schedule as time for the installation of this part. At this point you felt that the price for the repair was too high and wanted to negotiate a new price after the part had already been ordered and arrived. The time to address any concerns with the cost of the repair should have been prior to the part being ordered. We are sorry that we could not offer the cost of the repair at the price you were looking for. What prompted the owner to hang up the phone was rude demeanour with both the staff here and the owner himself.

singing2bears
singing2bears

Fabulous prices and Excellent service

I was looking for new appliances for my kitchen Reno. After exhausting several stores with research and deciding which make I wanted and pricing, a friend recommended Unionville Appliances.

Service was excellent, knowledgeable, efficient and friendly. Their prices were 25% less than what I was quoted at other dealers. But because I was buying 4 items and big dollars there was that discount and then the manufacture's discount. No bad price for Kitchen Aid, Fridge, induction stove, range hood and bar fridge.

Then called and got a really nice dishwasher Whirlpool for my sister. I asked for a certain model and the staffer found a better model at a lower price. Like I said Excellent service.

If you are renovating your kitchen and building several appliances call and ask for Vince.

You can't go wrong with this store. They also have repair staff for appliances. Worth a call.

Alex in Markham
Alex in Markham
1 review , ON

Dishwasher part

Try to fix my dishwasher myself and ordered a part from this place.
They ordered a part that is different and may require a lot of modifications that an ordinary average guy cannot do it, and even got it done but would subject the machine to have problems including water leakage. They should have told the customer before taking the order and payment.
Also, an order has been taken over by another sales and caused miscommunication themselves.
They wouldn't refund!!!

Hello,
We try and help clients that want to do the repairs themselves and we have done so for 30 years. We informed you prior to ordering the valve that your original one was discontinued as this machine is 30+ years old. The universal one works for your dishwasher, however the mounting had to be adjusted as not every dishwasher valve mounts the same.We tried explaining the process in the store here, we also offered a technician to install it for you if needed. The valve would indeed work for that model as we have been installing them on that style of machine for years. You felt that you could not install the part, and did not elect to have it installed by a professional. In any industry there are some jobs that are more difficult than others, that is why some jobs are better left to professionals, as they are trained in the field. A refund would have been processed, however disrespecting/insulting the staff resulted in us asking you to leave the premises.

Fridge Installation

My fridge suddenly quit last week. After the technician diagnosed the issue as non-repairable I went straight to Unionville Appliance to source a new Fridge.
Vince handled my order and I was very pleased with the professionalism.

Rob and Nick came to do the install and they were very professional, friendly and helpful. Even with a 36" fridge and those tight corners they still managed to smile and laugh!

Unionville Appliance will be the ONLY place I go when I need appliance replacement.
Thanks Team!
Kate McCarthy

SSingh from Markham
SSingh from Markham

Bad experience

My parents fridge was not working and I called Unionville Appliance to get it looked at. They sent a tech over the same day and he didn't bother diagnosing the issue, just said that the control board needs to be replaced. The cost of the replacement was more than what my dad wanted to pay so my dad decided to pay for just the service call. The tech proceeded to call me and in a condescending tone said that my dad isn't paying him. This tech neglected to tell me that my dad wanted to pay cash for the full amount as he was not comfortable paying by credit card. The tech wouldn't accept cash payment. My dad finally paid by credit card. Once the guy left, I asked my dad to let the fridge defrost and then they started it up the next day, everything worked fine.
It's unfortunate that this company does not diagnose the issue, just wants to have the customer spend money on a part they don't need. They are taking advantage of senior citizens, my dad is in his late seventies and staff at Unionville Appliance should be more courteous. Very disappointed at the dishonesty and lack of courtesy.

Hello,

We are sorry you are not happy with the experience. It was not the technicians intention to come across as rude. If it was perceived that way then we do apologize. We do normally take cash on site. However the technician did not have the proper amount of change to provide for the cash your father gave, which in turn resulted in a visa transaction.The quote we provided you pertains to the adaptive defrost board which is a common problem for a lot of these fridges. If this board is defective the fridge is unable to enter defrost mode on its own. By unplugging your fridge for 24 hours, it manually defrosts your evaporator coils in contrast to the fridge relying on the board to tell the heater to kick on. Unplugging the unit however is not a solution to the problem, this is more of a band aid fix that last approximately 1 week and in some cases longer. With the board being defective the fridge is unable to defrost on its own. We did offer another technician to come install the board for you as you were not happy with the present one. Definitely keep an eye on temperature fluctuation in your unit as it is likely to increase as a few more defrost cycles occur. It is strongly recommended that you have that board replaced.

Tony from Markham
Tony from Markham

Buy kitchen appliances

Unionville Appliance provided excellent service when we bought new kitchen appliances in November 2017 (oven, cooktop, fridge and dishwasher). Vince and Sal were very helpful. They made good suggestions and explained the options for selecting each unit. Vince printed out a description of each appliance we decided to buy. The prices were good and the morning delivery two weeks later was on schedule. Roy, the installer, was also very helpful. He installed the appliances that afternoon and demonstrated how to use each one. The four old units were removed by the end of the afternoon. I highly recommend this company.

Customer  in ??????????
Customer in ??????????

Review

I agree with Edward. Vince is very rude and acts like a know it all. He stinks.

Deal with Sal the father, he is very nice, knowledgeable and has great people skills.

Edward from Markham
Edward from Markham

One guy ruins everything

I had my dryer repaired by Neville from Unionville Appliance. He was fantastic. There was some confusion on the cost as what I was quoted and what I was charged differed by about $70. I called the office to get clarity and spoke with Vince who has absolutely no people skills. He was more interested in making sure to tell me repeatedly that I was wrong and that no one from his office could possibly make a mistake than he was on rectifying the situation. Vince is brash, rude, and a bully on the phone. I will never work with Unionville Appliance again to avoid having to speak with him again. Terrible experience.

More about Unionville Appliance Ltd

Service and sales of mainly used parts. Offer 1-year warranty on parts/ labour, house calls made. ver the past 27 years Unionville Appliance has grown from a basement operation with a few customers to a large repair shop and showroom with plenty of satisfied customers. Family owned and operated, Unionville ...
Looking for Appliance Retailers pros in Unionville?