Span Co General Contracting Services Ltd.

General Contractors
254 Denison St Markham ON L3R 1B6
General Contractors
Span Co General Contracting Services Ltd.

Reviews for Span Co General Contracting Services Ltd.

Clare in Old Toronto
Clare in Old Toronto

Drywalling, painting and flooring

Jason is an amazing project manager, great communicator and VERY patient! I converted my garage into an office and Span-Co did the drywalling, painting and installed insulated flooring.

Rafi and Desmond did an excellent job with all of it, and any small issues they were happy to come and correct them. Although I had got other companies/people to do other aspects (electric, heat, spray foam insulation, roofing), Jason was so generous in giving me advice about these things and communicating with the other tradespeople. This was despite the framer having done a terrible job and creating a lot of extra work for Rafi and Desmond. I do think they are a bit on the expensive side, but having had a few very challenging contractor and tradespeople experiences now, I would totally recommend them if you want to be avoid that kind of nightmare! The friendly helpful attitude of everyone who works for them is something that also removes a lot of the stress of renovations etc, which I am learning is EXTREMELY valuable, and just not the case with many companies.

Nima in Toronto
Nima in Toronto

Outstanding communication, quality work and reliability

Did a pent house condo Renovation project with spanco. Packaged the plans up and let 4 different contractors bid on it. Spancos Jason was most communicative and detail oriented from the contractors. He won the project not on cost, but he wasn't too far from the lowest offer, with the difference that he was someone that clearly seemed on top of things with attention to detail. Essay ahead of all other 3. On that level the cheapest offer to me seemed like the clear bad choice. I don't think anybody in their right mind would have picked any of the other offers.

During the execution I scaled the project by 50% of the original budget with extra requests. He was always upfront with putting the cost in front of me. All was my choice. However I kept pushing for the same timeline. Though he tried to expectation manage me and i had a backup plan, they actually delivered 4days ahead of the original time budget requested.That was great because another contractor I had for a separate component was totally lagging. Jason and spanco was so on top that they made up for what me and the other contractor lagged on.

Also a couple times I pushed them hard on their work and Jason was there the next morning and made it up. I anticipated having to wrestle with the contractors, but not with spanco. I was impressed and now I have a long term contractor for all my future projects. I recommend them 100%.

Excellent service during pandemic

The SpanCo team completely renovated two washrooms for us, and we are extremely happy with the results. They were very professional and courteous, and took the COVID-19 precautions very seriously. They executed our vision perfectly, and made suggestions on how we could improve the design. We would highly recommend SpanCo for home renovation projects!

Clam in Toronto
Clam in Toronto

First-Class In Every Way

We're renovation veterans, having had several general contractors complete multiple rounds of renovations across two home ownerships over 20 years. Span-co is excellent and we'd recommend them without hesitation. The quality of work is excellent; they were prompt/on-time (even within the calendar craziness of the pandemic), and within budget. That's the renovation trifecta, right there. Communication and client-relationships were first-class. They helped us take a neglected split-level detached house in North York to our fully-realized vision of modernity. Trades were hard-working, respectful, accommodating, and did excellent work -- especially electrical, plumbing, tiles, and floor refinishing. Great work. Thanks Jason! Absolutely first-class.

Paul M
Paul M

Drywall patches and re-painting pros!

Jason & his team at Span-Co were excellent, every step. They had worked with our realtor before, and now we know why! Needed a fresh coat of paint, done well and fast, with some drywall repair and other basic contract work. Excellent work, significantly better quality than past painters and repairs! Worked closely with our realtor to work out timing. Were flexible, friendly, communicative, and were mindful of costs. No hard sell to push for an extra coat, which was appreciated, too. Will definitely call them back for next contracting work, including larger jobs.

We are so pleased to hear that you are happy with our work. It can be difficult to work within a tight timeline but we always strive to meet the targets of our customers. You were a delight to work for and we Look forward to working for you again in the future.

Amy Agur
Amy Agur

Cat Smell of Death

We were gearing up to sell our rental unit when we realized that our tenant's cat had been spraying for several months in the unit's unfinished basement. Even after scrubbing the entire house top to bottom and airing it out for mutliple days, the smell was horrific. Our real estate team connected us with Jason from Span Co. and he and his team (shoutout to Orlando!!) were absolutely fantastic. Jason had a plan of action within hours of viewing the house. He also did a ton of research on how to remove the eye-burning smell to make sure it was gone for good. In one weekend, he and his team patched problematic areas in the floor, cleaned, deoderized, sealed, and painted the concrete floor and walls. They didn't push any extra services on us or do anything more than what was necessary to fix the problem to keep the costs as low as possible. When they were done, the basement looked fantastic and it smelled... amazing! Thanks to Jason and the Span Co team, we were able to list our house on the day we had originally planned. In the future, I will recommend Span Co to anyone who asks (and propably a few people who didn't).

We are all so pleased that we were able to resolve your issue. We are thrilled that you were happy with our work. Thank you for your kind words and we look forward to working with you again in the future.
-Jason

Kps
Kps

Ultimate professionals

I recently had the pleasure of hiring Jason and his team of highly skilled trades to paint a property we were getting ready to sell. Working in real estate, I've used many different contractors before with mixed results. Save yourself the time and energy and just call Span-Co. The entire process was made simple and Jason and Rafi went above and beyond to make the house look amazing, catching things to take care of I overlooked. They were a pleasure to work with and ultimate professionals. I will definitely be using their services again.

Thank you for your kind words. It was a real pleasure to work with you and your team. We strive to leave our clients satisfied. We look forward to working with you again soon.

CS in Markham
CS in Markham

Wind Damage Repair

Span-co rescued us promptly by repairing our fence and neighbour's deck after a windstorm left a huge branch across our neighbour's yard. During a very busy season, they came quickly and did an excellent job salvaging much of what had been damaged and leaving the sites looking as they had been before the storm. Everyone who worked on the job was very pleasant and professional.

Thank you for your kind words, we understood the urgency of your repair and were happy we were able to respond promptly.

JM
JM

Home Renovation/Painting

I chose to use Span-Co for some minor renovation work and interior painting as my uncle has relied on this company for several years to carry out various projects in his home. He has always spoken positively about their work and services.

The work that was completed in my home was excellent. Clayton and Tom, the contractor, always tried to find solutions that were cost-effective. With respect to the interior painting, the results can only be described as “stunning” and “seamless”.

It should also be noted that most of the work was completed inside my home while I was away. No issues or concerns arose with any of the tradespeople who were working onsite in my absence.

Finally, over the course of the project, it became evident to me that Span-Co was genuinely concerned about meeting expectations. Jason responded immediately and effectively to any questions and concerns that I had, and took much time to ensure that the project was moving along to my satisfaction.

What a lovely message, we are always pleased to hear from our satisfied customers. It is our goal to leave everyone feeling happy and cared for. We believe the key to a successful renovation is a strong team and solid communication with the client. Thanks for your kind words.

Delia in Cabbagetown South
Delia in Cabbagetown South

Converting garage to usable indoor space

We moved into our freehold townhouse in 2009. Later that summer we had some of the worst rain and our garage/basement flooded. Over the next 3 years it flooded twice more. Finally in 2015 we decided to completely gut the space and redo it to ensure that it was flood-resistant and liveable.

In all, Clayton and his team level;ed the usable living space down there, moved walls around, added a 2-piece bathroom, installed heated floors, pot lights, a laundry nook, and laundry sink, and added spray insulation to the garage portion to keep the kitchen floor above warm. They did a fantastic job and we love the transformation of this space.

We waited 2 winters to write this review because we wanted to see how the work held up through rain and winter. The space is a dream and the floors are warm. The upstairs holds the heat better now that there is insulation and having a working laundry area has made our lives easier.

These guys are definitely our go to from now on. We are about to embark on a Master Bedroom reno and will be contacting them shortly. After that, we will do the Kitchen.

Thanks Clayton, Tim, and others! You guys were great to work with.

What a most positive review especially after 2 years. We strive to analyze the situation and make sound recommendations to the best methods to accomplish what the client’s home should have. The feedback is excellent as a reinforcement that our recommendations are making the home more comfortable. This gives our whole team a great feeling when we have most satisfied customer. Thank you Delia.
Clayton.

More about Span Co General Contracting Services Ltd.

Span-Co is a full service construction contractor serving the needs of Toronto homeowners since 1975. We specialize in residential renovation, condominium improvements, and general contracting. Customer service is the foundation of our company - we believe that continuous communication ensures that you are fully informed every step of the way. ...
Looking for General Contractors pros in Toronto?