Span Co General Contracting Services Ltd.

General Contractors
254 Denison St Markham ON L3R 1B6
General Contractors
Span Co General Contracting Services Ltd.

Reviews for Span Co General Contracting Services Ltd.

ole from Toronto
ole from Toronto

various

moving into a new house, is supposed to make life easy and carefree - that is, until you discover all the short cuts, omissions and deficiencies that came with your new house.

spanco came to us through my sister-in-law who has used the company extensively. we have now worked with spanco for a few years on a number of projects from the basement to the roof, and a few in between.

unlike many contractors, spanco stand by their work. there is a skilled group of guys who know what they are doing. for the skills they do not have in-house, they know who to call in to get the job done.

it is wonderful, and quite refreshing, to work with someone who gets the job done, and knows how to clean up when they are done. bravo.

I have recommended spanco to several of my neighbours already.

Our Span-Co team tries really hard to coordinate all the variables that go into providing a good quality end result. We strive to keep our clients informed and happy. We all feel proud of our efforts and comments as per above make us pleased.
Clayton.

Hutchison from Toronto
Hutchison from Toronto

gerneral contracting services

I have used
Spanco General Contracting Services for many years and for several jobs. I have used them for painting, and decorating(corwn moulding, baseboards, floor repairs and sanding + restoration of a balcony which had cedar floors, siding and large balcony planters. This company is honest, fair and reliable. It is a family-run business which has been in operation for many years and they have done work from small jobs - such as mine, to large custom-made homes and they take the same care with the small jobs as they do with the large ones. THey also send a site manager to insect the job. They line up the materials in advance. The crew are excellent, they show up on time, they are clean, they move the furniture, and put it back and they cover the floors and other areas with protective sheets. They finish the job on time and if the job is large they always have a site manager to ensure that the work is being done properly and to your satisfaction. They make adjustments if you request it so that the finished job is to your satisfaction. I have used them many times -the staff has been with them for a long time and work well with the clients and each other. I have used other contractors but none of them have come close to being as good as Spanco. They make renovations as stress-free as it is possible to be. p.s. They stick to their quote unless the client adds on new jobs during the process.

We do our part in a clean professional manner and it’s rewarding to have our clients pleased to take the time to write a note on Homestars.
Thanks for the great review,
Clayton.

Valerie Christie from Toronto
Valerie Christie from Toronto

revovations on our condo

Span-Co did a number of projects in our new condo. They started the day they had promised and did a super job. They updated our laundry/utility room, removed the kitchen floor and replaced it with wood to match the rest of the condo. They re-finished all the hardwood floor throughout the apartment. They completely re-designed a bathroom, including removing the tub and replacing it with a large shower. They built two beautiful desks. They removed paneling from the study and painted throughout. The team were very pleasant, obliging and left the place in good order when they went home for the night. We are delighted with their work and would not hesitate to recommend them to our friends.

This was a major project with a lot of redecorating. It was a pleasure to have built some custom work desks that we custom built in our cabinet – millwork shop. We enjoy the custom cabinetry portion of our projects. Over all it’s our goal to have a happy client and a stress free situation for all.

Delia in Cabbagetown South
Delia in Cabbagetown South

OTR Microwave and Kitchen Cabinet matching

We had a kitchen with an old range hood that no longer did the job. We had bought an OTR Microwave months prior but had yet to have it in stalled. In the process they altered the existing cabinets and added an extension of an additionl upper cabinet and matched the style and colour perfectly. Our kitchen now looks like it should and complete. Thank you so much!

We are preparing for a total basement reno in the Spring and the first company I will contact for ideas and guidance is Span Co.

We had to modify the existing kitchen cabinets to match the look of the rest of the cabinets. Understanding what to do and having is all work out is so satisfying. P.S. we did the basement and it was also a good result. We appreciate Delia’s kind words.
- Clayton.

basement repairs and reno

We have been relying on Span-Co for over 15 years to take care of house repairs and renovations. Various projects have involved roofing, carpentry, plumbing, flooring and painting. Span-Co takes care of our home needs with consistent professionalism and punctuality. We really can't say enough good things about the able, honest and helpful team Clayton has assembled. For instance, after a recent basement flood due to a storm and power outage, Tim single-handedly emptied our basement, did repairs to the walls and floors, repainted, purchased for us additional shelving, and then put back every item in its exact original place. We have also had excellent experiences with Tom who is very adept at problem-solving when it comes to plumbing issues. In general, Span-Co doesn't look for quick fixes. They are prepared to go the extra mile in order to make a permanent repair or a meticulous renovation. Always courteous, we highly recommend this company's services.

Louise Viola from Toronto
Louise Viola from Toronto

Bathroom renovation and other upgrades

Having recently moved back to Canada, Clayton was naturally the person I contacted to carry out a bathroom renovation and other upgrades to my new home. I have know Clayton for many years now, and had used Span-Co in the past prior to my move abroad. I have always found Clayton and his crew to be courteous, hard-working and trustworthy.

Review has 1 previous version
Nancy
Nancy
11 reviews Scarborough, ON

Home Renovation Planning

We contacted Span-Co after being referred by our real estate agent. We asked Clayton to meet us at a home that we were interested in purchasing to assess the amount of work that needed to be done. Clayton was FABULOUS!!! He came packed with great ideas, was very honest and creative, and was quick to get back to us with an estimate. He pointed out both the negatives and positives in order to give us a well-rounded perspective. We also had the pleasure of meeting with Tim who presented many ideas as cost saving alternatives. Both of these gentlemen were amazing and I would highly recommend Span-co for any renovation needs.

Sherry Stein from Toronto
Sherry Stein from Toronto

Home Renovations

I have used Span-Co as my general contractor for 17 years. They do excellent work, are courteous, reliable and trustworthy. I have used their services many times (refinishing basement, building decks, renovating kitchen etc) and have always enjoyed the experience ...something most people do not say about their renovation! I would highly recommend Clayton and his crew.
Sherry from Toronto

Graeme Burt from Toronto
Graeme Burt from Toronto

Various renovation projects

Span-Co was very professional and reliable, and did a fantastic job on our various small renovation projects. As a result, I recommended them highly. I will certainly use Span - Co again and have already referred them to my friends and family.

Mr Donald Burwash from Toronto
Mr Donald Burwash from Toronto

General Contracting, handyman, painting

Span-Co General Contracting has (for over 20 years) been our general contractor, handyman, painter, electrician, plumber et al. Most of its work is performed by its permanent full or part-time employees, others by reliable subcontractors retained by Span-Co. It's performance, reputation, unquestioned honesty, fairness, punctuality.ability to respond in emergencies and total ability to listen advise and respond is unmatched. Clayton Spanton is the man who makes it all happen.

More about Span Co General Contracting Services Ltd.

Span-Co is a full service construction contractor serving the needs of Toronto homeowners since 1975. We specialize in residential renovation, condominium improvements, and general contracting. Customer service is the foundation of our company - we believe that continuous communication ensures that you are fully informed every step of the way. ...
Looking for General Contractors pros in Toronto?