Stonnik.Com

Reviews for Stonnik.Com

John
John

Kitchenette Quartz Countertops

Took a quite while to move between the various stages of consult to quote to plans to final delivery but admittingly this was during the peak of Covid lockdowns. We had to be on top of them for communications & updates.

In the end we got a nice piece of Quartz at a fair price and they were able to keep it as 1 solid piece.

Installers were friendly and did their best to take care during their install. Some parts to the sink were missing and they promptly brought it the next day.

SIAV

Hello Stonnik,
It has been a while I wanted to write this comment.
Our project went very smooth and well with Stonnik.
We totally recommend Mohsen, Dideh and rest of the team.
Thanks for the great service
Siav

Kitchen countertops

Stonnik did a fantastic job with our project. Mohsen was patient enough with us during the process. Our job got postponed a few times because of Covid and they were kind enough reschedule our project.
Everything happened as we were expecting and we are very happy with final results.
The installers were clean, on time and polite.
Thanks a lot Mohsen and Stonnik

0 reviews Richmond Hill, ON

Fire place

Stonnik did a very professional job in our recent project.
We used a beautiful marble from their stone selection. The Fireplace was installed perfectly as was expected.
Thanks a lot Mohsen and team for this beautiful fireplace.

Dee
Dee

Countertop and Backsplash

This week I had a SIO4 quartz countertop (Martin River) and backsplash installed by Stonnik to finish our new kitchen. I had researched vendors in the summer when I started the kitchen project. I selected Stonnik based on the reviews on HomeStars, their quote for the project, a positive face to face meeting and professional pre-sales communication and interaction with Siavosh. This was the first time working with Stonnik and the first time with a quartz countertop and backsplash installation.
The installation was tentatively booked for Monday this week starting between 10 a.m. and 11 a.m. It was pushed back that morning to 12:00 p.m. to 12:30 p.m. When no one showed up by 1:30 p.m. I called Siavosh and asked if the installers were still planning to install that day. He was surprised that no one had showed up and told me he would follow up. When he called me back, he said the installers had been in a vehicle accident. It was odd that he would not have been aware of this before or called us to let us know. Nonetheless, the install was moved to the next day, same time. On Tuesday morning, the installers called to advise they were arriving at 9:00 a.m.
For the most part, the installation was ok. I had some concerns during and after the installation and I asked Mohsen to drop by and discuss them before making a final payment. He visited on Wednesday.
1. The kitchen has hardwired undercabinet lighting and a valance is to be installed after the countertop and backsplash installation. The gap between the stone backsplash and the upper kitchen cabinets is slightly more than a ¼ inch. Even though when the countertop and backsplash was measured by Mohsen, I was told there would be a notch in the stone for the electrical cord. I expected the stone to be almost flush with the bottom of the cabinets (assuming minimal space sealed with silicone). I was surprised at the size of the gap. Mohsen explained the reason for the gap was that there was not enough stone (only two slabs) and this was the best that could be done without incurring additional expense (purchasing another slab of stone). If after installing the valance, which he assured me would hide this, if it still bothered me, he offered to pay for the kitchen cabinet company to cover the space with strip of cabinet material. He put this in writing.
2. On the left side of the sink, the stone backsplash is almost flush with the window trim. On the right side of the sink, the stone protrudes a ¼ inch. When we asked why the two sides were not the same and why the right side protruded more, Mohsen explained the wall behind the backsplash on the right side was not level (bulging in the middle). It would have been helpful to know this could be the outcome to the backsplash in order to address leveling the wall beforehand.
3. Before selecting Stonnik, since I was considering quartz with a vein pattern, I asked if the stone would be book matched, especially at the seam from counter top to the backsplash. I was told that Stonnik makes an effort to book match. In the end, there was very minimal book matching from countertop to backsplash. Mohsen explained that to do book matching from the countertop to the backsplash, requires twice as much material/additional expense (3 or 4 slabs).
Renovations are stressful and expensive. I am leaving this review to help educate others who like me are venturing into a quartz countertop and backsplash project for the first time. Even though I thought I had asked enough questions and maybe even the right questions before the installation, I realize that there are never enough questions. Whatever vendor you choose, ask questions and do not make assumptions.

Benjamin in Toronto
Benjamin in Toronto

Counter Top + Back Splash

Mohsen was a great person to work with, he was very professional and responsive. I sought out many stone contractors (approximately 6) and decided to go with Stonnik as they had a stellar rating on various sites, positive reviews, quick response and best value.

I was very pleased with the service Mohsen provided from start to finish. He was able to come on site and give me a quotation within 5 hours of my phone call. When he was giving me a quotation, Mohsen was able to immediately identify the error made by another stone contractor that resulted in a large crack in my countertop demonstrating a high degree of knowledge regarding stone and installation. During the covid19 pandemic, he was very responsive and honest with me letting me know that there would be delays due to the pandemic. On the day of installation, the installers were very kind and professional and although the installation took a little longer due to unforseeable complications from the previous installer, Mohsen and team were able to complete everything beautifully. After installation, Mohsen further followed up with me to ensure everything was flawless and that I was enjoying the countertop.

I cannot thank Mohsen and team enough for the work they did. I will definitely be using Stonnik again for ANY stone related projects as well as recommending to friends/family.

If you want good quality and value, professionalism, excellent customer service, and honesty, look no further and seek out stonnik for your stone projects.

Sarah in Toronto
Sarah in Toronto

Perfection

This was my first renovation and husband gave me a budget of $20,000 for the kitchen and 3 bathrooms. Which would have been no problem except I wanted real stone. With a matching backsplash. And a farmer's sink. I couldn't have done it if I didn't find Stonnik on HomeStars. Moh was amazing to work with, reasonably priced, meticulous and so patient with all my ideas. Everything was absolutely perfect. The stone is Quartzite and hard to work with but did an amazing job. It took me literally years to find white, sparkly real stone but it was worth the wait.

Thank you for your amazing review. It was a pleasure working with you.

Luke
Luke

Granite counter cutout

A pleasure to work with. We needed our granite counter cut to accomodate a modern cooktop. Mohsen was up front with the quote and everything was done promptly and on budget.

TJohnson
TJohnson

Bathroom counter tops for a new build

Terrific workmanship and done in very tightlines that other vendors could not fulfill. Very customer focused.

Cleo in North York
Cleo in North York

Kitchen renovation

Thank you for installing the counter top. This was done on time, they were courteous, efficient, worked quickly and left the kitchen clean. Good work and highly recommended. Christine Wojdylo

More about Stonnik.Com

Welcome to STONNIK. COM We specialize in everything from design and fabrication to installation of the Earth's finest natural stone materials, such as — Granite, Marble, Travertine, Quartz slabs, Stone tile, and Glass Mosaic tile. All of our work includes custom cutting to size for your dream kitchen, vanity, laundry ...
Looking for Countertops pros in Mississauga?