ADT-Protectron

Reviews for ADT-Protectron

Jennifer
Jennifer

Don’t do it!!

Terrible service! Called because of low battery alert. First man told me to go out and buy 3 volt batteries to replace (over 100$). Then I realized that all the alerts were for wired in sensors. I called back saying that the main battery needed to be replaced. The girl argued with me saying that there was a secondary battery in each tiny sensor. I spent 30 minutes on the floor trying to figure out how to open them ( I’m over 65!). Finally opened one of the motion detectors. No battery! What a waste of time and money! I’m leaving this service, and will find another better run company!

We are sorry to read that we did not meet your expectations. In order to help resolve the issue please contact me at mcaron@adt.ca.

Madeleine Caron
Executive Escalations representative
ADT Canada Inc

mike tjandra from Toronto
mike tjandra from Toronto

ADT Protectron is deceiving customers, illegal practices

I signed on 3 years ago for a 36 month contract. I have dutifully paid for 36 months. Now that I have told them I want to stop their services, they say that I actually signed on for 39 months! A complete and utter deception. This is deceptive and illegal practice. I even have paperwork that says 36 months!!!

Second problem is the alarm system keeps beeping every day even if the alarm is not set to arm. I have to disarm it every single time it beeps. There is something wrong with the system obviously. This company has refused to fix the problem. They said they will someone to come fix it only if I pay them to!! Can you believe this nonsense?

I will report them to the better business bureau and I will launch legal action for illegal deceptive practices.

Elena  in King City
Elena in King City
2 reviews King City, ON

ADT security

I paid in full for installation, paid for 3 years contract in full and when alarm got error and triggered panic I got charged $150.00!!! because I never asked for warranty... I did not even knew its offered or existed if I am paying for monitoring, etc. Seriously stay away for this Company, terrible money grab.

STARLADY in Toronto
STARLADY in Toronto

ADT Harassment

Signed up with ADT in 1997. Faithful customer for over 20 years. When we sold our house & gave them 2 months notice that we were canceling our service they insisted we had to pay contract cancellation charges! Now getting notices & penalty charges for a contract they said we signed 2016 that they cannot provide a copy of! Beware!

We are sorry to read that we did not meet your expectations in regards of a contractual issue. Could you please provide your old address information in order to help you furhter on ths matter? Please send your information to mcaron@adt.ca

Sportsman in Kelvington
Sportsman in Kelvington
1 review Kelvington, SK

Kari Mottram - owner of the SPORTSMAN MOTEL IN SASKATCHEWAN.

We are a small motel in small town Saskatchewan. Our service with adt protectron is less than acceptable. The flood sensors are fantastic and have saved us from major catastrophic flooding more than a dozen times. However, nothing else that we signed up for works at all. We were sold a camera for our front desk and it was neglected to be mentioned to us that our upload speed wasn’t good enough to have the camer. We installed smoke detectors in our rooms so we can monitor them better. They are so sensitive that people having a shower will set it off. I have recently been told by another security company that they should never had been installed in the first place because the room is too small. They get set off so often that I have the fire department on speed dial to call them off EVERYTIME they go off. I want them off my service because they have been sold to us Under false pretences and do not do what we were promised they’d do. ADT will NOT take them off my contract.
The last gentleman I spoke to laughed at me when I asked him questions I didn’t think were stupid questions. When I called him out on laughing at people ignorant to the “security world” he tried to tell me he wasn’t actually laughing. I will be cancelling service as soon as my contract is up as we have been paying 60$ a month for hardly anything.
Again my name is Kari Mottram and I’m the owner of the Sportsman Motel in Kelvington Saskatchewan.

YYC Guy in Castlegar
YYC Guy in Castlegar
1 review Castlegar, BC

Catastrophically bad customer service...abysmal actually

Have been trying for a week to update my credit card info for the monthly billing. Can't do it online. Tried calling but the agent at the call centre said their systems are only available for this during Ontario business hours (when I can't call in). I asked if there are any other options and was told, sorry, no. Tried emailing "Executive Escalations" and after a week didn't hear anything. ADT-Protectron's services are SO catastrophically bad that they can't even figure out how their customers can pay them. Heaven forbid I actually need them to respond to an alarm.

Dear customer, we are sorry to read that our services have not met your expectations. Please let the Customer Relations team look into this further. Can you please forward us the phone number associated with the security system and the best number to reach you to customer.support@adt.ca subject HOMESTARS and we will contact you. Thank you

Private User reviews Montreal, QC

Worst customer service

I have explained my problem to more than 6 representative and they keep transferring my call to others. All I wanted is to activate my system and I had to wait for 14 days and it has not happened. Would never recommend it to anyone. They keep giving false promises and I don't think they understand what is customer service....

very Low quality and untrained customer service.

Private User reviews Steinbach, MB

Home security

Likely the worst customer service that I have ever experienced. System has not worked for almost 2 years. When calling in, they suggest that I PAY for a home visit by a technician - and then - my monthly bill will likely increase after his visit. Incredible that the government has put so many controls on cell phone providers, but have allowed security companies to continue to gouge consumers without similar laws to the cell phone laws.

Btchymama in Montreal
Btchymama in Montreal
1 review Montreal, QC

All it's useful for is a clock

The alarm sound comes from the key pad so for those with a larger home or even a 2 story please be warned that hearing the alarm can be difficult. This is concerning as you need your alarm to ALARM you!! After our family realized tgat we couldnt hear the alarm from our bedrooms upstairs I started calling to get some assistance. So far I have contacted the company 5 times... I've sat on hold for up to 45 minutes 5 times... I've been told someone will get back to me 5 times.... yet all I have now is a key pad tgat tells the time. Poor poor customer service. Disappointed in follow up!!

Private User reviews Montreal, QC

Everything

Had for 5 years . Finaly canceled and moveing on , camera always had problems , battery's a are low all the time terrAble customer service . Trouble comm 103 always pop up , wakeing up 5-10 a month with alway going off randomly .. Stressful not worth it

More about ADT-Protectron

Headquartered in Montreal and Toronto, ADT is one of Canada’s largest monitoring and alarm system installation companies, with solutions including the full line of Protectron's products. With its network of qualified professionals specializing in the sale, installation, servicing and monitoring of electronic security systems, it serves more than 800, 000 ...
Looking for Alarm Systems pros in Toronto?