Peatson's Heating & Air Conditioning Ltd

Peatson's Heating & Air Conditioning Ltd

Reviews for Peatson's Heating & Air Conditioning Ltd

Private User reviews Brampton, ON

Air conditioning install

Had York Air conditioner installed by Peatson`s only to find out that the install didn`t pass code ( installed to close to gas meter). Contacted Peatson`s to have issue resolved. Unfortunately it was a nightmare trying to get my install to pass code. Keep in mind that its Peatson`s responsibility 100% no questions ask. The code is there for the customers safety. Jump ahead eight years later and unfortunately the York conditioner fails. Contact Peatson`s and they refuse to fix my conditioner under warranty due to the above issue. Contacted York and was left to have conditioner fixed by myself. I am 55 yrs of age and have never been treated with such appalling service from the dealer or manufacturer. Good bye Peatson`s, Good bye York.

Len in Brampton
Len in Brampton

Furnace and A/C Checkup

We just wanted to have our furnace and air conditioner checked over and cleaned. Peatson's installed our new furnace a few years ago, so we called them again. Frank arrived as scheduled and completed the work promptly. While here, he also took care of a no charge furnace part recall/replacement. Friendly technician, and great service (again) from Peatson's. No complaints!

Private User reviews Brampton, ON

They couldn't care less

When my heat wouldn't turn on, their technician installed a new thermostat, as he felt that was the root of the problem. The heat then went on, which was great, until we needed the AC less than 6 months later. The same tech came out, and admitted that the new thermostat he installed required more wiring that he didn't bother to do last time. The solution Peatson's thinks is acceptable? To come out to my house every 6 months to switch the wires from heat to AC. I know, laughable, but that's literally what they told us. It's actually great for them because we pay them an insurance deductible each time they come out, and they get to send a shiny new invoice to my insurance company.

Waiting to hear back from Carol in their office for 2 weeks, only to then receive attitude and be told after following up three more times, "Well I guess we'll need to come out again in the winter to switch them." I'd like to see if you'd be happy with having to deal with that in your house every six months, Carol. I'll just leave your phone number and direct extension on a sticky pad on my thermostat for the new home owners when I sell my house.

If it was up to Peatson's, I would have them over every 6 months. They really couldn't care less. My insurance company will be taking over from here.

Peter Wolf from Mississauga
Peter Wolf from Mississauga

Furnace replacement

These guys know what they are doing. They came right on schedule, didn't waste any minute, brought the new unit, installed everything, tested it throughout and left the place clean. What else would one expect from professionals? A+ service, thank you!

New Furnace.

We prefer giving local companies our business, especially those family run for decades.
The sales representative did not oversell, the installation went as arranged. Furnace is quieter than our old and working well to date.
Our impression is of the company was found to be ethical and professional.

S from Brampton
S from Brampton

Air conditioning repair

I couldn't find very many reviews on Peatson's but I decided to take a chance since our AC was busted and the heat this weekend is supposed to be blistering. They had a technician at our place first thing the next day. He had the problem diagnosed in about 10 minutes, put in a new capacitor, had the system running in about 30 minutes and gave us lots of great advice.

He didn't even remotely try to up-sell or sell us a new unit. I absolutely would use them again.

David from Brampton
David from Brampton

Furnance

My furnace stopped working early November. I called Peatson's because they had good reviews, and I'm glad I did. The first time Frank came out and replaced the Air Switch. A few days later the problem happened again. Milan came out and diagnosed that water/condensation had built up in the furnance. The resulting rust had clogged the air intake for the pressure switch. He was honest and upfront w me about the problem. He unclogged and didn't bill me for the second call!
Peatson's is in my contact list now... As long as I live in Brampton, they will be my HVAC people.

Lisa from Brampton
Lisa from Brampton

2nd Air Conditiong Unit Repair

I had Peatson's out on June 17, 2014 to repair our 7 year old air conditioning unit. The total cost at that time was almost $700 to replace the fan motor.
Yesterday, the unit was giving the same problem it had been in the past before the repair was done. I called Peatson's again to explain the issue and to advise that they had completed work on our unit two months ago and that I was again experiencing the same problem. I was told that a technician would be sent out.
A technician came out the following morning, listened to my explanation and said he would have a look at the unit. I went inside and about 30 minutes later, he came in to tell me what he had repaired and to show me the part he had replaced. He then said he was going to prepare the paperwork. About 5 minutes later, he returned with a bill for $206.79!
I was completely dumbfounded as, one, I thought the work would have been covered under their 90 day warranty and, two, I had given NO authorization to the technician for any new work to be performed. He just went ahead and did the repair without my permission.
I called Peatson's and spoke with Wayne, who I believe is the owner, and as another reviewer stated, he was extremely rude and insulting and was completely unwilling to discuss the matter with me professionally and seemed completely unconcerned that an employee oh his performed work for which no authorization had been given by the homeowner. He told me that if payment wasn't made he would have the technician rip out the part.
I spoke to the technician and he admitted that the work should not have been done without my authorization and that aclear explanation should have been given of the costs involved upon his arrival.
I didn't want him touching anything further on the unit so I just paid the bill.
Peatson's may know about fixing air conditioning units (and that may be debatable) but they know absolutely nothing about customer service. They handled this situation unprofessionally from the beginning and, perhaps, illegally as well, and then refused to accept any responsibility whatsoever.
I'm now dealing with the Consumer Protection Act Agency to see what can be done.
There are many other heating and air conditioning companies out there, DO NOT USE THIS ONE!

Ross from Brampton
Ross from Brampton

A/C

Tech came we had concerns with our A/C function and requested Thermostat replaced. Tech took 15 to replace thermostat never checked A/C to address original concerns Company owner called he was insulting and asked for more money if tech was to return. We will never use this company again.

Mark in Peel Village
Mark in Peel Village

Furnace repair

The technician came on time and gave a firm quote on what turned out to be a time consuming repair. They stuck to the price even though it took longer than expected and the part needed might have cost more than expected.

More about Peatson's Heating & Air Conditioning Ltd

Heating and Air Conditioning
Looking for Heating & Air Conditioning pros in Brampton?