Consumers Choice Home Improvements

Reviews for Consumers Choice Home Improvements

Paul in Toronto
Paul in Toronto

Home window upgrade

We had a living room window and 6 bedroom windows done. We purchased after the rebates and we a little worried about the frame to fame windows. Much to my surprise they install really nice and air tight. The finishing is very professional. I’ll use this company again when we upgrade the rest of the house.

Hi Paul. Thank you for the review. You made the right choice with brick-to-brick window replacement. We look forward to working with you in the near future. Sincerely, The Consumer's Choice Team.

Mike in Toronto in Scarborough
Mike in Toronto in Scarborough

Door installation

There were so many red flags with this company but I will just focus on the installation. The two installers showed up at the scheduled time and were polite. I was having both the front and back doors installed. One installer worked on the front and the other on the back. I sat in my living room and watched the front door installer working. He started taking the old door and frame off. He used a hammer and screwdriver to do this. I cringed watching as he massacred the frame and worried what long term damage he was doing. I was going to offer him a crowbar but figured he knew what he was doing. He put the door in and showed me what a great job he thought he did. Then it came time for the deadbolt installation. I had purchased an electronic deadbolt at the suggestion of the salesman. The installer told me I should have told the company ahead of time. I didn’t know this was a big deal. It’s a standard sized item that most people just instal themselves. With some hesitation he attempted to install it. He was able to fit it in front the outside but when it came to the inside, he said it was too big. Again, he said I should have told the office so they could cut the proper sized hole. This confused me but maybe it was my fault. Then he got on the phone and started yelling with his supervisor. He told me someone would be calling me to set an appointment to recut the door. In the meantime we would reinstall my old deadbolt. That was fine.
During the install, the front door installer had gone to the back door and started yelling at the side door installer. They did something back there and 8 knew something was up. After the front door was done I took a look at the side door. So many problems. The only one I noticed at the time was the following. It looks like the lock combo kit I chose had a deadbolt that doesn’t fit centred. But instead of telling me there was a problem, they cut my door a bit to fit the dead bolt. What I noticed was caulking under the deadbolt to seal the gap they made. I asked what that was and why it was there. He explained and said he should have told me first. Umm, obviously. I would have gone out right then to get the right deadbolt. Or at the very least I would have told them to leave it and I’d fix it myself later. Now I have a gap in brand new doors! I regret not noting this on my paperwork.
I called the office the following day. I left a message with the service department and another with the supervisor Luka. I have yet to hear from either of them after a week and a half.
The day after that I took a better look at the back door. This installer didn’t install the strike plate flush and it was scraping the door frame. I fixed this myself. The caulking around the outside is very very sloppy and has gaps where water and bugs can get into the frame. I fixed this myself. Then just a couple of days ago the trim under the threshold inside the house popped off. The brads he used cracked the threshold and weren’t holding anything. I fixed this myself.
Regarding the deadbolt in the front door, I was passing by the hardware store and thought I’d stop in to see about buying a new deadbolt that would fit properly. I explained to them the issue. He and two other associates had never heard of this before. Then I got to thinking about how poorly the door was installed that perhaps the installer bungled this up too. Sure enough, he left an adapter on the inside part of the deadbolt which is why it didn’t fit. I pulled it off and the deadbolt fit perfectly.
I would not recommend this company. Every once in a while you need to come back to do some fixups but the lack of return calls is aggravating. Thankfully I can fix things myself but I worry for those people who can’t. I just worry about all of the other issues I’ll have in the future.
And if I ever get a return call, I’d love the hear what they’ll do to fix the gap in my rear door. I shouldn’t have to settle for this on a brand new door.

Sadly, I have a windows and doors guy I trust but gave Consumers Choice my business instead. Big mistake.

Hi Michael, thanks for the feedback. Upon inspection by our Installation Manager, we will rectify the issues raised. We are proceeding with ordering a new door slab. Once the new door is delivered we will visit your home, install it as well as re-do the caulking. We will continue to work with you to resolve the issues to your satisfaction. The Consumer's Choice Team

Private User reviews Vaughan, ON

Window replacement whole house

Was not home at time of installation but checked day 1s work a few things I saw but since the house was 30 years old did not say anything but the wife said they were great workers and knowledgeable.
Checked the final and all that I had seen was all corrected and a beautiful job outside and in.

Thanks so much for your kind review - we appreciate you taking the time to seen us your feedback.

John in Toronto
John in Toronto

Windows

We were very impressed by the prompt service
We found the prices to be quite affordable and the product was very good.
We were very impressed by the sales staff and installers
Love the windows!

Hi John. Thanks for the great review! We are pleased to receive the feedback about our team and products. We are confident you will love the result of increased window efficiency as well! Sincerely, the Consumer's Choice team.

Love our new kitchen and reno! in Brampton
Love our new kitchen and reno! in Brampton

Windows and Doors

We first dealt with Joe at Consumer’s Choice when we needed a new front door installed and were so happy with our experience that we called him again when we needed to replace most of the windows in our home. Joe explained the difference between just replacing the windows or replacing everything, brick-to-brick. Although it was more expensive, we decided to go with brick-to-brick. The install was done professionally and we couldn't be happier. Recently we decided to replace the remaining windows in our home and called Joe again. Another great install. Would definitely recommend Consumer’s Choice.

Thanks for the review! We are happy to hear you are pleased with the new windows. Brick-to-brick optimizes the efficiency of the windows. We will be sure to pass the great news to Joe. Thank you for your repeat business. Sincerely the Consumer's Choice team.

Joseph Azar in Ajax
Joseph Azar in Ajax
3 reviews Whitby, ON

Windows and doors

The salesman was very expert in custumer service and the 2 gentemans they did the job they were very polite and they new what they doing expert in there feeld

Hi Joseph! Thank you for the great review. We appreciate your business. Enjoy your new windows. Sincerely, the Consumer's Choice Team.

Window replacement

Consumer's Choice provided excellent service. The windows they provided are excellent quality and the installers were proficient and very tidy. Consumer's Choice is very responsive to any questions or concerns. I have recommended this company to all my friends and family.

Carol A.

Hi Carol! Thank you for sharing you are happy with our excellent product & people. We were thrilled to work with you on your window project. All the best, Paul & the Consumer's Choice team.

Moose in Brampton
Moose in Brampton

Windows

My windows were installed oct 2nd the crew(3 people) showed up at 11am. The only drop sheets that were put down was in front of the windows they were working on I will mention also that one crew member worked outside so the mess inside of wet foot prints throughout my house wasn’t to bad.

I used consumers choice many years ago to replace my windows on my home I was very pleased.

Unfortunately this time I am extremely disappointed the quality of the windows themselves looks rushed and sloppy . The trim work that was done in the house is nothing but sloppy so much painters caulking used. My kitchen window trim is the biggest disappointment so sloppy and looks like I have different trim on each side of the window, plus the handle for the awning window is damaged..

I called oct 6th and left a message o received no call back. I then called on oct 15th spoke to a lady that seemed very nice and acknowledged that I should have got a call back she proceed to ask me what the issues with the windows were. When I gave her the list she rudely asked when my windows were installed. It was left left that a service tech would contact me within a week to a week and a half. Here we are November 4th no call back I left another another message yesterday.

I called and left a message

Hi Moose. I left you a voicemail earlier today. Please call me directly at 416-335-8353 so I can look into your issue. Regards Paul, Consumer's Choice.

Dan N in Ajax
Dan N in Ajax
1 review Ajax, ON

Finally done

The last window was installed this week and it looks good. Looking at this ordeal objectively the windows look great, the installers were excellent and I appreciate the help from Paul and Luca. I am very happy that Jayson from Nordik called me yesterday. However nine months from start to finish is not acceptable. It does seem that this was the job where if anything could go wrong it did. I understand that this was a trying time for the industry and part of the problem was that we got caught in the backlog for manufacturing. I am not satisfied with my experience and I would not recommend this company.

Dan, happy to hear you are pleased with the windows and installation team. There were a few hiccups with your order. In the midst of the Rebate backlog it took longer to correct the issues. Glad we were able to resolve everything. Sincerely Paul V & the Consumer's Choice team.

More about Consumers Choice Home Improvements

Categories: Windows & Doors, Siding, Shutters & Blinds, Windows, Doors, Shutters and Blinds, Siding.

Our customers are our best sales people and our business is built on your recommendations, therefore your satisfaction is our primary goal.

Consumer's Choice Home Improvements follows a "High Volume, Low Mark Up Policy", that means the best possible price for a quality job. Consumer's Choice Home Improvements provides the finest home improvement products and warrantees you can find, and always custom made to fit your home.

Consumer's Choice invites you to compare its prices with any other offer for quality products and expert workmanship. Ask about jobs we,ve done in your area and then ask those individuals about our prices, quality and service.

Ask about our Easy Payment Plans". No payments for up to two years with no money down, because we're working harder to serve you. Besides the lowest prices, we offer uncompromising quality and superb service!

When it comes to replacement windows we're the Consumer's Choice, because our windows are simply the best on the market. In just 10 easy steps we can guarantee you an easy installation. In fact our windows are so superior we can't do them justice in this short message. But you can view them in the comfort of your own home by asking our sales department for a demonstration and a Free, no obligation estimate. Do it today!

Consumer's Choice is a select member of the National Window Wise Certification Program. Now you can evaluate the Value and Advantages for yourself! If it's not Window Wise, it's simply not guaranteed!

As Ontario's Leading Home Improver we serve the following regions: Metropolitan Toronto; Oakville; Mississauga; Scarborough; Durham Region; Niagara Falls; St. Catharines; Welland; Brantford; Hamilton; Burlington; and Victoria County.

Consumer's Choice