Consumers Choice Home Improvements

Windows & Doors Installation & Service
HomeStars  >  Windows & Doors Installation & Service in Vaughan  >  Consumers Choice Home Improvements

Reviews for Consumers Choice Home Improvements

Dan in Ajax
Dan in Ajax
1 review Ajax, ON

Update to my review ...Still wrong windows after six months waiting

July 19/18 Luka along with Craig and Kyle were able to get the bay window installed, It looks great. However there was another mistake on my laundry room window. The company is working with me to reach an agreeable outcome. So the only problem left is the bathroom window which is being reordered. I have not been advised yet of a delivery /install date. The company is trying to expedite the order. I must say that I was very impressed with the installers, Craig and Kyle. they were very professional and so far the best experience in my ordeal. The company is working with me to address my concerns/ complaints and I do appreciate their current efforts.
July18/18 The company lost my order at least once and twice delivered window that were the wrong size. Management did not seem to take my situation seriously. My windows were ordered in January 2018. Today, July 18,2018 they showed up to install them and so far four window are wrong.

Hi Dan. Due to human error windows were measured incorrectly. Management did take your order seriously and a re-order was quickly submitted. Management attempted to escalate the window production. Windows were received and unfortunately during July 18 install, the bathroom and laundry room were still incorrect. We are sorry for the inconvenience and are working to resolve the issue. Regards, Paul @ Consumer's Choice.

Doug in Oshawa
Doug in Oshawa
1 review Oshawa, ON

Long wait for leaky windows

Choose Consumers if you want your project to go months beyond the "Guaranteed Completion" date and to have leaky windows only to be made to feel it's your fault.

The full story, we had 15 windows and a door that needed replacing, after getting a couple of quotes we went with consumers even as it was not the lowest. We chose them as the 'guaranteed completion date' gave us piece of mind that the project would be finished within a few months (Nov/2017).

As we approached the date I had heard nothing form consumers, I called and they said the windows had not been manufactured yet and the date would need to be pushed back. Upon reviewing the contract I saw that they could do this without penalty. **WARNING 1 - THE GUARANTEE DATE MEANS NOTHING**

This continued into 2018 when the job was finally started. It was a couple of windows at a time and I ended up feeling like an unpaid manager as I constantly had to stay on top of consumers and the installer to get any work done **WARNING 2 - THEY WILL NOT CALL YOU, YOU WILL HAVE TO CALL THEM MANY MANY TIMES**

When we got half way though the job we notice one window was leaking, badly. We called the installer and he came to look at the issue. Time and time again he indicated the problem was that our siding was different than most and implied it was not his fault or problem. He did reluctantly fix the leak. Then surprise surprise, another leak in a different window, same story, call the installer, be made to feel like it is not his fault. This time he says the 3rd window on that side will probably leak as well and left without addressing the problem he knows is coming. Sure enough, next rainstorm, big leak, call again and get it reluctantly fixed. **WARNING 3 - OUR WINDOWS LEAKED BADLY AND WE WERE MADE TO FEEL LIKE IT WAS OUR FAULT**

After many months of playing project manager we finally had the job completed in June of 2018, this is 8 months after the meaningless guarenteed completion date. As a farewell gift our installer left the stickers on the window inside our attic which is difficult to access, looks unprofessional, but hey, par for the course.

I contacted a manager named Paul at consumers to express my displeasure and to see if we could reach a settlement for this ridiculous experience. After some back and forth their best and final offer was 1.6% of the job cost returned. I reluctantly agreed to this miniscule renumeration, but hey, jokes on me, that was one month ago and no cheque has arrived.

Avoid these jokers at all costs. Try and get a quote from a local company that will have some loyalty to your neighborhood and the project. Would leave no stars but after all this frustration we do have all our windows and doors installed and in working order. One star. Use any other company.

Hi Doug. Yes. Mistakes were made along the way and the project took longer to complete. I apologize for your experience. Upon further investigation we went above and beyond to determine the cause of the water leakage. The leakage was caused by water getting behind the existing vertical tutor boards above the windows. Our window installer returned to you home and removed majority of vertical tutor boards and re-caulked the seams the tutor boards were covering. The installation of the windows did not cause the leaks. Thank you for returning my call and confirming leaks have stopped after the tutor board re-caulking. Regards Paul V.

HomeStars in Toronto
HomeStars in Toronto

Window Replacement job

GreenOn window replacement job - issues arose with discontinuance of the program by the Govt. which led to me calling multiple times in order to ensure that my rebate submission paper work was being handled. Marilyn has been outstanding in providing excellent customer service updates and promptly responding to all of my questions.
From an installation view point, Danny and his colleague were on time and expert in their installation. Of equal importance, they removed and cleaned up all the resulting garbage. Great job fella's.

Hi HomeStars in Toronto. Glad to hear you are taking advantage of the GreenON Rebate program. Thank you for the kind words of our team members. We are excited you are happy with our people & product. It was a pleasure working with you. We look forward to working with you in the future. Regards, the CONSUMER'S CHOICE TEAM.

Hermon in Scarborough
Hermon in Scarborough

Windows

First of, I have no word how to explain the experience I had with the ‘Consumers choice’.
we have been told by ‘Consumers choice’ window brick to brick and triple glass installations for better installation and energy with efficiency price. We were informed clearly by one of the salesman by the name Jaycen that by changing the windows to energy save, it will reduce/save energy and with efficient price range.

we did not ask for installation over existing frame. We have been told wall to wall or brick to brick. We had a window that was changed long time ago made with brick to brick. He went and showed us that this is wall to wall installation and they will make sure we get better installation with the new window energy saving windows.

Furthermore, the day they came to install the window, I did stop them when I saw them working on the exciting frame/old wood. And I immediately called the office to inform them about the issue. However, as I left the house without my consent they processed to finish their job. I have been contacting them several times to get us a solution with no effect. All of this would not be a problem if they have resolved the issue when I informed them at that time.

It’s truly unprofessional work what this company offered and what they actually did. Besides, we did not see any difference, because during cold season the windows are cold and during hot season the windows are hot. Moreover, we have been notifying them that there is draft/air leaking on the windows. We even did check ourselves. It did shows draft on the windows. even the guys who came to install the windows checked for us with their thermos to see where the leaking is and confirmed that there is draft/air leaking on the windows. Nevertheless, Consumers choice sent their employee to check the issue, then again, this person didn’t know what he was doing, didn’t even know how to check a draft/inspect the leak. He did open 4’’ side of the window on one of the room and he stated he did not have to check the rest of the windows.

We were so disappointed, wasted our time and money for nothing. Even though we have checked by others with a proper inspection and did show draft on the windows and of course improper installation with an uneven window which it technically reduced the value of our house.

I asked them to start monthly payment as we agreed in the first place and to fill the rebate on behave us. Earlier this year, the Government announced if you change a new energy efficient windows, the Government will refund up to 500 per window, however we did not hear anything from them.

Last month they sent me a letter saying that I have to pay in full amount within a month, if not they will take me to court. This is insane because we have been asking them that we have a problem on the newly installed windows every since they left the house.
Their work will be affecting the value of our house. More or less, we did not see any difference on the monthly hydro/gas bill.

Do not trust this company. we have been told they do not have a solution.
They reduce the value of our house, they reduce the sizes of the windows (uneven installation), capped with a big aluminum frame, poor windows, no reduction outside noises, no reduction on our gas bills, doesn’t make any difference from what we used to have.

To back up my statement I will attach the windows pictures below. they promised me with triple glaze and brick to brick, but they installed with double glaze on the existing frame. I am asking them to remove their windows within short time or i will take this to the highest level. They lay, the goverment annouced the rebate cancled, however gave a deadline to submit all the uststanding paper until Oct 30.

Hi Hermon. I am sorry to hear of your disappointment. Unfortunately your window purchase does not qualify for the Ontario Government GreenON Rebate. You signed the new window contract November 12th, 2017 The GreenON Rebate was announced by our Provincial Government on December 13, 2017. The windows you purchased do not meet the specifications of the Rebate. In order for windows to qualify they need to be Diamond Triple Pane, Low E 180 x 2 with Argon gas, installed brick-to-brick. As per your contract you purchased Triple Platinum, Lowe E 180 x1, Argon gas, installed retrofit into existing wood frames. Exterior wood frames to be clad in white aluminum capping. Retrofit installation does not qualify for the GreenON rebate. If we had known about the rebate in November, we would have made the recommendation for a brick-to-brick installation.
We did conduct an installation inspections by a third party and it was determined the new windows were installed properly.
If you need additional information I am happy to continue our on-going conversation. Regards Paul 416-335-8353

Windows replacement

All the windows in the house were replaced with new triple glaze, contract was signed on September 26, 2017 and even now in June 13 2018 the job is not completed. The first batch of windows were delivered on January 29 and they were just double layer, not triple as it was stated in the contract. The installers installed 2 windows without checking them despite the owner concerns and by the time they were stopped they already replaced the biggest windows in the house. As a result, all the windows had to be re-order and the new install date was now April 10. The new windows that were installed in April however came with no information about them (picture attached) and even 2 months later they are still delaying to provide me with an update. Beside this two of the windows are still not finalized; please do yourself a favor and choose a different company that is proud to stand behind the products that are selling and it's not a nightmare to deal with.

Hi Verified Private User. Since you have posted an anonymous review we are unable to verify who you are and investigate your file. Please contact me directly and I will personally look into the status of your order. Regards, Paul V 416-335-8353

Satyan Nayak from North York
Satyan Nayak from North York

Doors and siding

Wonder full job, very helpful guys. There were some delays during the project but in the end everything was sorted out professionally. They also credited a small amount to express their care.

Review has 1 previous version

Hi Satyan. Thank you for the review. It was a pleasure working with you. There were a few set backs but working together we were able to complete the installation. Thank you for choosing CONSUMER'S CHOICE. We look forward to working with you again. Sincerely the CONSUMER'S CHOICE Team.

GEBG from Richmond Hill
GEBG from Richmond Hill
2 reviews Richmond Hill, ON

New windows & patio door

We met with David Hunter (sales) back in late January to get a quote for our house. He's efficient, knowledgeable, super-friendly and gave us good advice. The windows are ready for installation in mid-May and two installers came for 3 consecutive days and finished everything on time leaving no mess behind. They are professional, courteous and helpful. We are very happy with the overall experience and would recommend to our friends.

Hi GEBG Thank you for sharing your experience. We are happy to hear you were satisfied start to finish on your window project. We appreciate your recommendation to friends. It was a pleasure working with you. Thank you for choosing CONSUMER'S CHOICE. Sincerely, the CONSUMER'S CHOICE team.

damian fernandes in Mississauga
damian fernandes in Mississauga

Window Installation

Iam extremely satisfied with the work done. Right from the start their salesperson David Hunter did a great job in making us comfortable. He explained in detail how the rebate system works. He gave us the best possible service. Product delivered is excellent. The workers who did the job did a excellent job. They worked hard without rest and completed the job. And a good job done. They were very helpful, courteous and pleasant and stuck to the job. They cleaned the place and helped me put things in place.

Hi Damian. Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We are excited to hear you are taking advantage of the GreenON Rebate for your new windows. It was a pleasure working with you. Sincerely the CONSUMER'S CHOICE team.

Alex in Markham
Alex in Markham

Windows replacement

Good experience from initial consultation with Jemal Cedeno/sale to final installation and job completion. One of the only companies that committed to replacing an old sagging bay window with a new one and promising to reuse the recently installed wooden California shutters.

Majority of the installers wouldn't put in writing that they commit to this or simply wouldn't agree to the job. Consumer's choice put everything in writing and they picked their most experienced installation team for the job. They came and measured on two different occasions to ensure the shutters went back in as they should. Installation of all windows/bay window/re re of shutters took just under a week.

Hi Alex. Thank you for your feedback. We are excited to hear you had a good experience all the way through the process. Happy to hear you are pleased with your new bay window along with your California shutters. I will pass your message to Jemal. Thank you for choosing CONSUMER'S CHOICE. We look forward to working with you on your next project. Sincerely, the CONSUMER'S CHOICE team.

More about Consumers Choice Home Improvements

Categories: Windows & Doors, Siding, Shutters & Blinds, Windows, Doors, Shutters and Blinds, Siding.

Our customers are our best sales people and our business is built on your recommendations, therefore your satisfaction is our primary goal.

Consumer's Choice Home Improvements follows a "High Volume, Low Mark Up Policy", that means the best possible price for a quality job. Consumer's Choice Home Improvements provides the finest home improvement products and warrantees you can find, and always custom made to fit your home.

Consumer's Choice invites you to compare its prices with any other offer for quality products and expert workmanship. Ask about jobs we,ve done in your area and then ask those individuals about our prices, quality and service.

Ask about our Easy Payment Plans". No payments for up to two years with no money down, because we're working harder to serve you. Besides the lowest prices, we offer uncompromising quality and superb service!

When it comes to replacement windows we're the Consumer's Choice, because our windows are simply the best on the market. In just 10 easy steps we can guarantee you an easy installation. In fact our windows are so superior we can't do them justice in this short message. But you can view them in the comfort of your own home by asking our sales department for a demonstration and a Free, no obligation estimate. Do it today!

Consumer's Choice is a select member of the National Window Wise Certification Program. Now you can evaluate the Value and Advantages for yourself! If it's not Window Wise, it's simply not guaranteed!

As Ontario's Leading Home Improver we serve the following regions: Metropolitan Toronto; Oakville; Mississauga; Scarborough; Durham Region; Niagara Falls; St. Catharines; Welland; Brantford; Hamilton; Burlington; and Victoria County.

Consumer's Choice