Consumers Choice Home Improvements

Formerly Consumers Choice
Windows & Doors Installation & Service
HomeStars  >  Windows & Doors Installation & Service in Vaughan  >  Consumers Choice Home Improvements

Reviews for Consumers Choice Home Improvements

Dan N in Ajax
Dan N in Ajax
0 reviews Ajax, ON

Finally done

The last window was installed this week and it looks good. Looking at this ordeal objectively the windows look great, the installers were excellent and I appreciate the help from Paul and Luca. I am very happy that Jayson from Nordik called me yesterday. However nine months from start to finish is not acceptable. It does seem that this was the job where if anything could go wrong it did. I understand that this was a trying time for the industry and part of the problem was that we got caught in the backlog for manufacturing. I am not satisfied with my experience and I would not recommend this company.

Dan, happy to hear you are pleased with the windows and installation team. There were a few hiccups with your order. In the midst of the Rebate backlog it took longer to correct the issues. Glad we were able to resolve everything. Sincerely Paul V & the Consumer's Choice team.

Archie in Markham
Archie in Markham

Windows and sliding door replacement

Ordered replacement windows (including bay window) and sliding door from Consumers Choice. The sales person was not aggressive, and prepared the order thoroughly. Between the sales person and the tech who came to do the detailed prefabrication measurements, everything arrived "spot on".

The installation crew was excellent and completed the installation ahead of schedule. I was very impressed with the workmanship.

Archie, thank you for your review. We are excited to hear you are pleased with our people & service. We are glad you are aking full advantage of the Ontario Government's GreenON rebate. Sincerely the Consumer's Choice Team.

Solid Materials Terrible service and hack work installs

I would not recommend this company. I had my windows and sliding door done with huge regrets. Their installers are never on time and are hacks. Total hack work.
I'll start with my sliding door. The door they delivered was hacked together by the install team which caused a corner to get mangled. When I pointed it out the installer said no problem and took a crowbar to hack the corner in to an even worse state. All they had to do was unscrew the frame and apply some heat to fix it. I'm waiting 3 weeks for a replacement door frame to arrive so they can fix the problem. They completely destroyed my old door so they had to temporarily install the new door.
As for my windows. A job that should have taken 2 days was dragged out to 3. The install was definitely not Windows Wise Certifiable As they did not shim the windows so make sure adequate foam was sprayed all around. They left foam on my hardwood. I repeatedly called their head office and pointed out to the installers that. I also got a nice gouge in my hardwood.

My house was a mess. The drop clothes they used spread more dust from their other jobs to my rooms than it helped contained.

I waited to post my review because I gave them the chance to make things right and nothing happened.

Pictures show Foam on the floor. Nice Gouge in my hardwood. Inadequate foam.

Totally inadequate response from the company. Almost impossible to talk to someone on the phone to get this resolved.

As another poster mentioned that materials used are top notch (1 Star for that) but the service level from the company combined with their lack of organization and their terrible hack work is just incredible.

Don't pay attention to the reply. I'm already months in to this it's way too late to try and fix this now. Cutting my losses and moving on from these hacks.

Hi Jason. I am sorry to hear you were not pleased with the initial install. I am working with our service team to ensure we can complete the install efficiently and in a timely manner after speaking with you this morning. As your patio door is a custom size, we will be ordering a new patio door to replace the damaged one. The spray foam will also be corrected and cleaned up. I apologize for the inconvenience. Regards Paul V.

Irene in Toronto
Irene in Toronto

Exterior front door

DO NOT ORDER A FIBREGLASS DOOR FROM THIS COMPANY, DO NOT HAVE THEM INSTALL THE DOOR AND DO NOT HAVE PETER AS YOUR SALES REP. Placed an order for a fibreglass door on Jan 11, 2018 and still waiting for the door to be installed!! Went to their showroom to see the door, had the order confirmed and after waiting 4 months, a steel door was installed! At the time of the order, we were told the order would take 4-6 weeks, not 16 weeks. Tested the door with a magnet and discovered it was steel, not the fibreglass which we ordered. Salesrep Peter told us steel was better. Very DECEPTIVE. No one told us they changed the order. The lockset was not what we ordered and the parts didn't match in style nor colour. Installation was a sloppy goopy mess. Colour is incorrect. Can't think of one good thing this company has done. I am still waiting for them to get correct door as of Sept 5 despite the fact we were told on May 30 it would be 4-6 weeks to have new door installed. It's now been another 12 weeks!!! After numerous phone calls and nothing done, I am waiting for the Manager Paul to call me.

Hi Irene. Human error was made and the wrong door was ordered. Your order has my personal attention and I will make every effort to ensure the replacement door is installed to your satisfaction. I do apologize for the delay. The demand from the GreenOn rebate program has affected all of our manufacturers including our doors. Once we receive your door we will call you to get it installed ASAP. Sincerely Paul V.

KC1000 in Toronto
KC1000 in Toronto

Uniformly Crappy experience

So I my wife and I decided to spend ~$30,000 upgrading all of the windows and doors in our house. We decided to use consumers choice because of past recommendations from family amd friends. WHAT A MISTAKE. I can honestly said that I have never had such an end-to-end horrible experience from any company, anywhere. First, Consumers Choice went back on the original agreed upon dates for my installation, which we had agreed 3 months in advance. They left broken glass all over my front lawn and drive. The quality of work was bad - caulking application was sloppy, installed windows were dirty, 2 windows had broken/missing screens, 1 window had a broken winding mechanism, the back door was installed incorrectly, amd all screen doors were installed incorrectly. They refused to install the front screen door to my satisfaction (a qualified installer from another company was able to do this in under an hour after I told consumers choice to remove theirs since they couldnt do it right). It took 5 months to address all follow-up issues with my installation including 3 "service calls" that I had to take time away from work for where all they did was come for 30 minutes and take pictures (I sent them pictures of all issues in advance, btw). Also, they continuously insisted on calling my home land line despite me giving them both my cell phone and email to make it easier to set up appointments. PS: I am still waiting for the energy efficiency rebate consumers choice said they would process for me as part of my purchase... I am not holding out hope. All in all, with the exception of the initial sales call (Joe was awesome) I cant think of a single thing that could have gone worse with my purchase

MC, I have left you voicemail and email. We would like to have our Installation Manager visit your home and review the installation of your windows and patio doors. Regards, Paul 416-335-8353

Bri in Brampton
Bri in Brampton

Main front door and Basement Windows

I have used “Consumers Choice” before back in 2013.
We had the Front Door replaced and 3 Basement window.
The guy spent the day to complete all the work in one day and clearn up too.
Thank you for a job well Done!

Rita & Brian

Thanks for the lovely review Rita & Brian, we appreciate you taking the time to leave it!

Windows Replacement

The lack of quality provided by this company is incredible. More than 10 months after the wrong product was installed and the first replacement was broken the new window panel replacement was finally installed. The product looked different compared with all the other windows that were replaced (12 in total) and the installer ignored my concerns and simply said that it does not matter since it is the product that supposed to be installed. Today when I was looking at the window I found a hole in the middle glass that was not supposed to be there, obviously the quality check has to be done by the owner since the company does not seem to care too much about it.
In less than 7 weeks it will be 1 year since the contract was signed and this project is turning into a nightmare, consider yourself warned...

Dear Private User, all of our products go through a rigorous quality assurance process. I am unable to identify you. Please contact me directly as I would like to investigate your work order to see how your product was delivered in reported condition. Regards Paul V 416-335-8353

Ash in Scarborough
Ash in Scarborough

Absolutely horrible!!!!

AVOID!!! I signed them to redo my windows. All seemed fine until installation when the screens did not fit properly. I was promised they would be fixed in 2 weeks and 6 weeks later I am still waiting and no one seems to care at the company. Avoid this place at all cost. I haven’t been able to open my windows all summer because of this. I have called the company, my salesperson and anyone else and no one can tell me Where my screens are.

Hi Ash. As per our conversation this morning, we are working with the manufacturer to get an ETA of delivery for your screens. Yes, this delay is not normal. The over whelming popularity of the GreenON rebate has all of our manufacturers operating at full capacity and thus there are delays. I will be in touch as soon as we have receipt of your screens, Regards Paul V.

Windows and sliding door

The team did a great job in installing windows and a sliding door. They were on schedule and kept their commitments. They also do the paperwork for getting the government rebate.

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a review. We appreciate it.

More about Consumers Choice Home Improvements

Categories: Windows & Doors, Siding, Shutters & Blinds, Windows, Doors, Shutters and Blinds, Siding.

Our customers are our best sales people and our business is built on your recommendations, therefore your satisfaction is our primary goal.

Consumer's Choice Home Improvements follows a "High Volume, Low Mark Up Policy", that means the best possible price for a quality job. Consumer's Choice Home Improvements provides the finest home improvement products and warrantees you can find, and always custom made to fit your home.

Consumer's Choice invites you to compare its prices with any other offer for quality products and expert workmanship. Ask about jobs we,ve done in your area and then ask those individuals about our prices, quality and service.

Ask about our Easy Payment Plans". No payments for up to two years with no money down, because we're working harder to serve you. Besides the lowest prices, we offer uncompromising quality and superb service!

When it comes to replacement windows we're the Consumer's Choice, because our windows are simply the best on the market. In just 10 easy steps we can guarantee you an easy installation. In fact our windows are so superior we can't do them justice in this short message. But you can view them in the comfort of your own home by asking our sales department for a demonstration and a Free, no obligation estimate. Do it today!

Consumer's Choice is a select member of the National Window Wise Certification Program. Now you can evaluate the Value and Advantages for yourself! If it's not Window Wise, it's simply not guaranteed!

As Ontario's Leading Home Improver we serve the following regions: Metropolitan Toronto; Oakville; Mississauga; Scarborough; Durham Region; Niagara Falls; St. Catharines; Welland; Brantford; Hamilton; Burlington; and Victoria County.

Consumer's Choice