Consumers Choice Home Improvements

Reviews for Consumers Choice Home Improvements

Lynda  from Scarborough
Lynda from Scarborough

install rear insulated door

Ordered this door July 24 2018. After many calls and very poor excuses from Consumers Choice this door as of today June 14 2019 is still NOT ready. The delivery date or installation on the contract is November 18 2018. This means nothing to Consumers and tell me they will continue to follow up with their vendor. This company employs the worst business practices I have ever had to deal with. Very frustrating all I want now is my deposit so I can order from another company. Never thought it would take a year to have a door installed.

Lynda, please call me directly at 416-335-8353 so I can personally look into your order, Paul

Private User reviews Milton, ON

vinyl california window shutters

The vinyl material is not temperature friendly. Throughout the year season, the shutters produce cracking sound. In winter when the heat comes on, they crackling away like toasting chestnut. In summer, with the windows open and when the wind blow in, it crackle. It is very annoying when one is sleeping especially nighttime.

Hi Private User. I am unable to assist you as I don't know who you are. Please call us at 416-335-8323. We would like to investigate your issues. The Consumer's Choice Team.

Lou in Whitby
Lou in Whitby
1 review Whitby, ON

Replaced 34 Windows with Vinyl Windows

We had a large amount of windows that needed replacing. Their salesman sold us on their vinyl windows because we would never have to worry about painting again, everything is covered under a lifetime warranty. This was the start of many issues dealing with them. There was problems from the start when their manufacturer gave the installers the wrong type window, which led to a 4 month delay, that wound up in court due to their Sales manager making wrongful statements. It was settled out of court. We have now had these windows for 6 years. (installed December 2012). And this winter we noticed all the windows that face east, south and west have all discolored. The vinyl which we were told "will never need to be painted again" didn't last 6 years. The color was their SDT, which is similar to their Sandstone or dark beige. They are now all a shade of light green. The only set of windows that haven't discolored are under the awning or on the north side. Although the ones on the north side are showing signs of discoloration on the sides facing west. These vinyl windows are not worth the money and do not believe their stories of being the best. If your house has any form of sunlight, stay clear of this company. Their customer service is telling me, the manufacturer must have a defect and they will come out and paint them. How can vinyl windows be painted when they are installed? They will only peel off or fade once again because they are poor quality. I have attached 1 photo, I have many since there are 34 windows. The photo shows the color of the windows faded while the wood borders painted around it was the exact color match that was painted in the summer of 2013. Note this pain hasn't peeled and takes the same amount of sun these windows did.

Hi Lou, as per June 13 updated provided to you, the manufacturer will contact you to book an appointment to visit your home to see the windows. As of June 17, we have contacted the manufacturer asking for an update as to when inspection will take place. Paul 416-355-8353

Ali in Toronto
Ali in Toronto

There was a minor issue in one of the 5 windows; a technician came and fix the problem: great service and quality. Perfect

There was a minor issue in one of the 5 windows; a technician came and fix the problem: great service and quality. Best price out of 3 other quotes with one custom colour

Hi Ali. Thank you for the review. Glad to hear you are happy with our product and minor issue was resolved quickly. Enjoy your new windows! Regards, Consumer's Choice Team.

Dorai
Dorai

Very poor customer service

Replaced all the windows, the windows are good, the installing was not so good , but the customer service is horrible. The windows were installed in April of 2017. a couple of windows were not the right size, which they rectified in about a month. One bedroom window they had frosted glass instead of clear glass. Customer service promised to replace it. They have come a couple of times again with frosted glass and a couple of times with the wrong size glass. After numerous calls it is still to be replaced. Now they keep send me demand letters for the balance of the payment and even threatened to put me in collection. Now after
many many calls to the service department the glass still has not been changed. About a month ago the call ed to say that the glass will be replaced they even gave me a time and date today between 9.00 am and 12 pm. the did come at 9.30 but with the wrong size glass. I have called customer service but have not heard from them as yet.

04/16/19
After 6 weeks they came with the replacement and would you know it they again brought the wrong size. to add insult to injury they even
cracked the existing window pane. When Consumers choice is contacted they keep apologising but now relief in sight. I just hope this time they will bring the correct window pane.

Hi Dorai. After visiting your home Monday March 25, we determined the reason for the wrong glass being delivered. We have rectified the issue and have new glass ordered. We are also in agreement regarding timing of final payment. Regards, Consumer's Choice Team.

JSK in Scarborough
JSK in Scarborough

Wrong colour door

Well it's over six months since we placed the order for a new door. Original installation was supposed to be November, then December, finally mid March. The door was kind of installed, when we noticed that the color doesn't match what we ordered. The company has done a poor job at even trying to show us what the origin color was supposed to be. On top of that they removed the door bell, and never put it back. The door lock will not operate will out pushing the door closed. The company is forcing us to take the wrong color. You can right down any color you want on a contract and deliver it. Then just say it matches it. This is your idea of what maybe or may not be right. Then funny enough, your salesman doesn't even work for you anymore. The guy who actually showed us the color we wanted. They refuse to give us the right door, and demanding payment. DO NOT EVER BUY FROM THESE GUYS.

Mr. & Mrs. K I am investigating your concerns. The door bell was not re-installed as the installer was not allowed to complete installation of the door. The colour of the door was written on the contract in two different sections and signed by the homeowner.

monday in Scarborough
monday in Scarborough

Project/Rebate

We had 2 bay windows and entry door replaced 10 months ago. We signed a contract in November 2017 and was told that we would get a 5% cheque if we waited until spring. We had to call twice before we received a cheque. We were also told that we would get an eco rebate. I am still waiting for the energy efficiency rebate consumers choice said they would process for me as part of my purchase... I am not holding out hope and I am not convinced that the rebate was processed. We would like to replace a few more windows in the next 2 years but I feel deceived. I have called on several occasions, left emails and never received a response

Hi RM. Your Eco rebate was mailed to you upon completion of your project. The cheque was deposited June 13, 2018. Regards Consumer's Choice Team.

Ramona in Courtice
Ramona in Courtice
5 reviews Courtice, ON

New Doors

Two year's ago, we had our front and back door replaced. Overall, I was pleased. About a year later I was noticing the front door looked like it has ripples on it. Then we were having difficulty opening the door. It was as though the lock was misaligned. Eventually (22 months after initial install) I emailed Consumer's Choice with photos of the door. They called me in a timely manner and sent someone out to take a look. He confirmed the door had a defect and they would replace it for me at no charge. He also fixed the alignment of the door so it would work properly. Unfortunately, a couple weeks later we had the same difficulty with opening the door.

A couple of weeks ago another installer came with the new door. He was a really nice guy and identified the alignment issue had to do with the screws used when the door was first installed. He said it's a heavy door and they didn't use the long enough screws to support the weight. So he corrected that. So far everything has been great.

Overall I am very pleased with this company. They stood by their product and quickly and easily replaced it when needed without hassle. I deducted one star because the original installers (subcontractors) did not use the proper screws to properly support the door. I think you experience will very much depend on which subcontractor you get.

Hi Ramona. Thank you for your review. We are glad to have resolved your issue quickly and you are happy with your front door. All of our installers have been with us for +10 years and install exclusively for Consumer's Choice. Sincerely, The Consumer's Choice team.

Athar in Toronto
Athar in Toronto

Delayed install.

The work was immaculate - however when you are given a timeline of 8 - 12 weeks - it was actually extended to 6 months! Also no compensation was given for the delay other than occasional emails notifying you of the delay (I must've been sent 3 emails). Low star rating is there due to the delays. If you are in an emergency or require something within their promised time-frame - I would avoid them. If time limit is not a problem - then this is the company to go with.

2/6/19 - Update on comment above - I got a call from Paul Ph: 416-745-0565 - his main goal was to explain the delay in the install (ending of the rebates) - I reminded him I had ordered the window before rebates ended. He then proceeded to tell me that there was already a back-log. I asked him if he was going to offer me a rebate or compensation - to clarify he asked me if it was POSSIBLE TO CHANGE MY COMMENT HERE! I've now downgraded the status to '0' stars.

Hi Athar. We are pleased to hear you are happy with our work & people. Due to the overwhelming participation of the Government Rebate program the whole industry experienced delays. Regards, The Consumer's Choice Team.

Joan in Ajax
Joan in Ajax
1 review Ajax, ON

Damage window

Had my bay windows done by this company less than a year and the the window cracked call the company 2 send 2 emails and no one gotten back to me. I am thinking of sending an email to CTV . Very bad workmanship and horrible customer service.

Joan, I am sorry to hear of your experience. I would like to look into your issue. Please call me directly at 416-335-8353 ext 3108, Regards Paul.

More about Consumers Choice Home Improvements

Categories: Windows & Doors, Siding, Shutters & Blinds, Windows, Doors, Shutters and Blinds, Siding.

Our customers are our best sales people and our business is built on your recommendations, therefore your satisfaction is our primary goal.

Consumer's Choice Home Improvements follows a "High Volume, Low Mark Up Policy", that means the best possible price for a quality job. Consumer's Choice Home Improvements provides the finest home improvement products and warrantees you can find, and always custom made to fit your home.

Consumer's Choice invites you to compare its prices with any other offer for quality products and expert workmanship. Ask about jobs we,ve done in your area and then ask those individuals about our prices, quality and service.

Ask about our Easy Payment Plans". No payments for up to two years with no money down, because we're working harder to serve you. Besides the lowest prices, we offer uncompromising quality and superb service!

When it comes to replacement windows we're the Consumer's Choice, because our windows are simply the best on the market. In just 10 easy steps we can guarantee you an easy installation. In fact our windows are so superior we can't do them justice in this short message. But you can view them in the comfort of your own home by asking our sales department for a demonstration and a Free, no obligation estimate. Do it today!

Consumer's Choice is a select member of the National Window Wise Certification Program. Now you can evaluate the Value and Advantages for yourself! If it's not Window Wise, it's simply not guaranteed!

As Ontario's Leading Home Improver we serve the following regions: Metropolitan Toronto; Oakville; Mississauga; Scarborough; Durham Region; Niagara Falls; St. Catharines; Welland; Brantford; Hamilton; Burlington; and Victoria County.

Consumer's Choice