HomeStars  >  Plumbing in Toronto  >  New Canadian Drain & Plumbing Ltd

Reviews for New Canadian Drain & Plumbing Ltd

My tenants complained about their kitchen sink backing up, so I had someone from New Canadian Drain come to my house to take a look at it. After assessing the problem, the plumber advised that the best course of action would be to replace the pipes underneath the sink, because they were in an unconventional configuration. I advised him that the pipes had worked perfectly fine for 13 years in that configuration, and that the pipes under the sink weren't the problem - it was a clog further in. I had even snaked those pipes myself before he got there, so I knew the problem was further in, but he insisted that replacing those pipes under the sink would fix the problem, so I allowed him to do it. $450 later, I had new pipes, but the sink was still backing up. The plumber assured me that it was draining much better, even though we were both watching it completely back up. He then told me that I could pay extra money for him to snake the drain, but that he didn't think that would help the problem because the drain was too far from the main stack, so I just accepted what he said and paid for his services thinking this was as good as the drain was going to get. It seemed possible that it was draining slightly better, plus he was a very friendly guy, and I figured he had tried his best.

My tenants tried to deal with the very slowly draining sink, but after 9 days they contacted me again saying it was unacceptable, and that the sink was still backing up. I called New Canadian Drain to complain that the issue wasn't dealt with, and asked for a refund. The woman I spoke with was very understanding, and assured me that the first visit would be refunded - she also offered to have a second plumber come out and assess the situation, and since the first plumber was being refunded, I figured how could it hurt to have another plumber come. The second plumber snaked the drain and fixed the problem that the first guy should have fixed, and charged me another $300. When I called to ask when the money from my first visit would be returned, the company manager informed me that they would not be refunding it (even though that was why I agreed to have the second person come). Instead he tells me that the drain was working perfectly when the first guy left, and that it was a totally separate clog they fixed on the second visit 9 days later. I informed them that the first plumber did not fix the problem, and that my tenants can verify that - it makes no sense that an entirely new clog would form that quickly if the problem had actually been fixed. He also said that no one from his company would have offered a refund, and yet the woman I spoke with on the phone clearly did. The manager's last argument was that I should have just gotten the drain snaked at the end of the first visit when the plumber offered, but why would I pay even more money to someone who had just misadvised me and cost me a lot of money? And if the sink was draining properly as the plumber had claimed, then why would he offer to snake the drain in the first place? Clearly you would only offer to snake a drain if it was still backing up.

Either the plumber made a mistake in thinking that replacing the pipes under the sink would fix the problem, or this is some scheme they push to make people spend more money - either way I shouldn't be responsible for their mistake. And $400+ is very expensive for 30 mins of actual work. Think twice before dealing with this company - seemingly very friendly, until you hold them to their promises.

Hi, you have changed your story at least three times while speaking with our supervisor on multiple occasions. We initially dispatched our plumber to your site and he replaced the trap under your kitchen sink and also corrected the plumbing under your kitchen sink which was previously installed incorrectly. When he left your site, your sink was working and draining properly. Nine days later, you contacted our office again to say that your kitchen sink was still blocked. We dispatched another plumber to your site and he snaked your kitchen drain. We provided sufficient workmanship and customer service to you and we do not appreciate your defamation of our company name and reputation nor do we appreciate your threats.

langgang in Toronto

Re: Seeyed Hashemi...Mike
This service was beyond our expectation. Mike was most accommodating in all our needs and replaced the bathroom toilet within 1 hour.
He had such a pleasing attitude and very polite in all areas. I would highly recommend him for future clients in need.
Much appreciated!

Hi Langang, We always enjoy hearing about our customer's positive experiences. Thank you in advance for any and all referrals and feel free to contact us anytime. Until next time, take care.

Discovered a leak in pipes running to third floor bathroom. Called New Canadian and set up appointment for early the next day. Raymond Wong came to do the work. He showed up promptly, and replaced the shut-off valves in both hot and cold pipes. He did the work efficiently and effectively, and was very pleasant to talk with. I felt the price was fair. This was the second time I used New Canadian, and I have been satisfied each time.

Hi Dear customer,it is always rewarding for our team to hear positive feedback such as yours. Thank you for choosing New Canadian Drain & Plumbing as your service provider and please keep us in mind for any future plumbing work or inquiry. Until next time, take care.

I called New Canadian Drain & Plumbing to resolve a faucet issue. Raymond Wong arrived 1 1/2hrs after I called the main office and fixed the issue promptly. All is good.

Hi Dear customer, we appreciate your feedback and look forward to your continuing business. Thank you for choosing New Canadian Drain & Plumbing and until next time, take care.

Andy in Pickering
1 review Pickering, ON

STAY AWAY FROM NEW CANADIAN PLUMBING! My mother had two faucets replaced and the price she paid was outrageous. She selected two faucets, and was charged $420 for each of them. In addition to the price of the faucets, she was charged $560 for the installation of both. She was also charged $300 to install two shut-off valves under the sinks.

I was apoplectic when I saw the faucets that she selected (she was told by the plumber they were of the highest quality), and what she was charged. The two faucets were a generic brand and of average quality, and were $129 and $69, respectively, from two leading retailers. My mother was told that she shouldn't ever buy from the aforementioned retailers because their plumbing supplies are lacking in quality, and that it is better to buy from New Canadian. She selected the faucets from the "Plumber's Book" (it was the New Canadian pricing book) which she was under the impression, thanks in no large part to the plumber, that the book applied to all plumbers in the city. She ended up paying $640 more for the faucets than what the retail price was - that is a 320% markup!!!!!!

The price of the job, as I have come to find out from my own research and receiving three other independent quotes after the fact, should have been no more than $900 (my mom paid $1,700 plus HST).

Not that I am looking for sympathy but this New Canadian took advantage of an elderly woman who had no knowledge of plumbing pricing. They took advantage of her trust and vulnerability in the moment. When I explained to my mother the extent of how much she paid she was in tears for days. She subsequently cancelled a second job with New Canadian which was also quoted $2,000 more than the next highest quote . The contract for the second job failed to provide an itemized cost for every aspect of the work being done, and a firm time frame for completion. New Canadian also asked for a 50% down payment, which my mother foolishly agreed to, before they were going to start work on the second project. The request of 50% is unnecessary and should not exceed 10% unless in very special circumstances.

New Canadian Plumbing should be ashamed of itself. I remain angry and sickened by their business practices. I've already told everyone at my work (over 150 employees) never to use New Canadian Plumbing. This is a company lacking in business ethics. The reason my mother chose New Canadian was because, being Eastern European, she associated the Ukrainian emblem in their ad and vans as a symbol of trust. How wrong she was.

This review should be ZERO stars but I had to select one in order to post this review.

Hi Andy,

When your mother contacted our company, we dispatched our plumber right away to her property. Once on site, your mother informed our plumber that there was a leak coming from her kitchen sink on the main floor so he gave your mother up-front pricing to change the kitchen faucet and two shut off valves. Your mother liked and agreed on the price and informed our plumber to proceed with the quoted work. Our plumber supplied and replaced the kitchen faucet and supplied and installed two shut off valves in the main floor kitchen. Once completed, your mother was very satisfied with the work and informed our plumber that she was also having problems with the 2nd floor kitchen. Our plumber proceeded upstairs and after assessing the situation in the 2nd floor kitchen, he provided your mother with up-front pricing to replace the kitchen faucet, two shut off valves, a basket strainer and two water supply lines for the kitchen faucet. Once again, your mother agreed to the pricing and authorized our plumber to proceed with the work. Our plumber supplied and replaced the kitchen faucet on the 2nd floor, supplied and installed two new shut off valves, supplied and installed a basket strainer and supplied and installed two water supply lines for the 2nd floor kitchen. Upon completion of our work, your mother was happy with our pricing and service and even scheduled additional work to be done. You stated that we only changed two faucets and two shut off valves for your mother but you failed to mention the fact that we actually supplied and replaced two faucets, four shut off valves, two water supply lines, and a basket strainer in total resolving issues in both your mother’s main floor kitchen and 2nd floor kitchen. Our company pricing is fair for the quality of service that we deliver by our Experienced Plumbers. Your mother was very satisfied with our services and even wanted to do more work with us but it is unfortunate that you do not agree with our pricing regardless of the efficient workmanship that we delivered to your mother. Your mother was happy, our work was done properly and to code and we changed more than what you have stated in your review.

ann in Toronto

Raymond came by and changed our old kitchen faucet and put in a new one. He was friendly, kind, and professional. He did a great job and we have had no problems with it. I would recommend this company to anyone. He did this job a while back for us and we have had no issues with the work. I would use this company again in a heart beat. Their price was much lower than any other company I called and they were
also much more friendly. You can't buy that--having someone that
you like in your personal space.

Hi Ann, we appreciate your wonderful feedback. Please feel free to refer our services to your family and friends and we look forward to your continuing business!

Anthony Pangalos in Toronto

I️ called for service at 2:30pm and was surprised to see the technician arrive before 3:00pm. There was a free estimate for the job and the diagnosis was quick. The technician was able to work with us to obtain a more affordable price for the job. He was finished by 4:00pm! We are very pleased with the quick and amazing quality of the work and will use them next time our kids put straws down the drain or any plumbing need.

Hi Anthony, we are proud to be of service to you and would like to thank you for your business. Please feel free to recommend our services to your family and friends!!!

Susan in San Francisco

I cannot express how grateful I am. I panicked when I came home to a flooded basement, and water gushing all over the place. I shut off the main H2O valve and called New Canadian Plumbing (name was given to me by my son) They arrived asap, and all was remedied in no time. The plumber was kind, capable and super compassionate and helped me asap. No a big problem (bleeder valve blew in the frost) just a cleanup. I will and would recommend this company anytime. Thank you

Hi Susan, it was a pleasure to read your wonderful feedback on our services and we look forward to working with you again should the need arise.

I needed to snake the drain of my kitchen sink.
Raymond was very professional and courteous. Explained what he was doing and cleaned after himself.
Not cheap for a 35 minutes job but happy with the results

Thank you kindly for sharing your feedback with fellow homeowners and we look forward to your continuing business. Until next time, take care.

car11 in Toronto

the basement cold water laundry tap was leaking, Mike did the job in a reasonable amount of time , cleaned up all his debris, explained clearly what he had done. He was polite and knowledgeable about his trade. I am satisfied with the workmanship and the worker

Hi Carl, thank you for your feedback on our services. We are very pleased to know that you are satisfied with our efficient workmanship and customer service. please keep in mind that we are here to assist you with any future plumbing needs and we would appreciate any and all referrals that you make on our behalf. Once again, thank you for choosing New Canadian Drain & Plumbing and we look forward to your continuing business. Until next time, take care.

More about New Canadian Drain & Plumbing Ltd

Our company is the most organized and professional in the GTA. We are proud new Canadians, working hard to promote the growth of our business.

We specialize in Drain Installation and Repairs. We have quality machines to clear your drains as well as power flushing of your drains. We offer new technology drain relining without digging. We do all types of plumbing repairs including installation of new fixtures. We specialize in waterproofing, fixing leaky basements, and installation of new weeping tiles.

We hope you will give us the opportunity to prove to you that we are a quality company.