***In light of the company's response below:
I have many issues with how you chose to respond to my review and handle this situation:
1) You disregarded my point about his initial quote being completely overpriced, and as a result, it was up to me the customer to negotiate the price down. Your upfront pricing model is very predatory. Where other plumbers price projects fairly based on the amount of hours spent multiplied by their hourly wage and then add any costs for the materials, your plumbers literally come up with the prices on the spot based on how much they think they can charge the customer before the customer pushes back. This leads to discrepancies in what one customer pays versus another, which is a huge issue when your business should aim to provide a consistent customer experience.
2) While he was at my condo for 1 hour and 30 minutes, the time spent under my kitchen sink assessing and rectifying the situation was actually only 30 minutes. The rest of the time was spent in two ways. We had a lengthy and honestly difficult conversation as I tried to understand how exactly the driver came up with the price and he struggled to say anything except that he pulled it out of thin air. And the rest was him making lengthy trips down my condo elevator to his truck to get materials and equipment, and then another trip to grab the credit card machine. It is not my fault that the driver purposely wanted me to pay with e-transfer instead of using a credit card that he didnt even bring the machine up with him. He continued to pressure me to pay by e-transfer, and that pressure is not fair to a consumer.
3) I think I understand more about the state of the economy than you do, cause the inflation rate in June 2022 was 8.1% YOY, and the year before that was 3.1%. Thats 11.2% in 2 years. Sure, that is the Consumer Price Index which is based on a variety of consumer goods and services, so the more important inflation rate in this case is for residential housing contractors which admittedly is higher, but StatsCan had it at around 25% YOY. The cost of my p-trap replacement was $200 in 2020, your plumber originally quoted me $360. Thats an 80% increase in price over a 2-year period, I dont care what indicator you use for inflation, its simply not that high. You blaming your plumbers / companys price gouging tactics on inflation is just a sorry excuse.
4) You state I should have attempted to look for someone who would have been able to service me for less, but did I really have that freedom to make the choice? Your driver still would have charged me $59 + tax just for coming out. So at that point, my hands were tied, and the driver knew that, as he said to me well I am here now and you need it done, there are people out there who do it for less but you have to get them to come here". Does that sound like something someone who actually cared about the customer experience would say? The fact that I mentioned this quote in my initial review and that you did not even acknowledge or apologize that one of your plumbers would say something like that just shows that you as a company encourage your plumbers to use such tactics as you are only concerned with squeezing customers for as much money as you can get.
5) How you deal with customer complaints is an absolute tragedy. I took the liberty of reading through all of your 1 star Google reviews and what your responses to them all have in common is that you dig your heels in the ground, dont take any accountability for the mistakes that you or your plumbers made, you toss the blame back on the customer, and then in your final sentence offer the least sincere sorry, we are sorry that you feel this way. Thats not an apology, thats not an acknowledgment of any wrongdoing or a mistake being made, thats not even an attempt to say we will do better in the future. Thats just you showing a complete lack of regard for the customer, which is exactly why no one should ever use your company.
I needed to replace a p-trap and get the snake to clear my kitchen sink. The worker came and from the start was telling me I needed to do more work then was required. Thankfully I had the same issue 2 years ago and knew I only needed the p-trap replaced, he was trying to replace additional pipes for more money. Then, he quoted ridiculous prices for both the trap and the snake, I had to show him the invoice I paid two years ago and estimated prices online for hiim to reduce his quoted price. I would feel horrible for someone who just blindly accepted his inflated price quote. Lastly, when I asked him why his prices were still higher than the competition he said well I am here now and you need it done, there are people out there who do it for less but you have to get them to come here. And he also stated he needed to cover his $8 parking that my building charged. All in it was $280 for a p-trap replacement, and $320 for a snake on the kitchen sink, and then plus taxes. 30 minutes of work. Will absolutely never use this company again. I wish things were simpler, that you could get an honest worker to come to your place and charge you a price that is fair and consistent to everyone else, and not try to take you for a ride.