New Canadian Drain & Plumbing Ltd

182B Saint Helens Ave Toronto ON M6H 4A1

New Canadian Drain & Plumbing Ltd

Best of the Best '22
Best of Award '22 winner 6 timesBest of the Best '22 Best of Award '22winner 6 times

Reviews for New Canadian Drain & Plumbing Ltd

Teresa from Toronto
Teresa from Toronto

Plug kitchen sink

We had a plug kitchen sink and called New Canadian they were able to provide an emergency call at 8 pm and George the person who came to do the work was EXCELLENT!!! We thought it was a simple procedure but it turned out to be quite complex taking a lot more time than anticipated. It took a few steps for him to analyse the problem but he figured it out and worked passed his 9 pm work finish time to complete. Along with this review for George I would also like to thank Shareen who was super helpful in arranging this emergency call under the circumstances of the details I gave her. Thank you Shareen and George very much. This is why I keep using New Canadian Plumbing for all my water problems over many years. The service and personnell have all been amazing.

Teresa

Joy
Joy

Plumbing

Roldan and I are extremely satisfied with this company.
The company sent GEORGE to help us with our kitchen sink.
George was very helpful in solving our issue with our kitchen which was clogged. He did a very good job.
We HIGHLY RECOMMEND GEORGE and we will not hesitate to call him again in the future.
George is the MASTER PLUMBER!!!

Daniel in Toronto
Daniel in Toronto

Clogged Basement Pipe

Plumbers are good, courteous and knowledgeable.

We have a drain in our basement which was overflowing with sewage. They scoped another drain on the other side of the basement and determined that we had a faulty connection between PVC and clay pipes. We were instructed that it would cost $+/-8600 to rip up the slab and fix.

They did not assess the drain that was overflowing as the pipe was too small to look through. We were told to stop using all of the plumbing immediately to get the clay pipes replaced. We would have incurred significant hotel costs as we would have had to move out.

---

We had another plumber come in as the drain once again overflowed. This plumber scoped through the toilet (next to the overflowing drain) and discovered a tree root had penetrated the clay pipe and that was causing the clog. He freed the clog to allow temporary use of the plumbing and scoped the drain down to the street to ensure there were no other issues. Pricing and timing was relatively the same for the solution.

---

So - all in all - New Canadian Drain & Plumbing has knowledgeable plumbers. I feel the pricing was fair and reasonable for the amount of work that needed to be done. I do wish they assessed the other drain to at least give us temporary use of the facilities.

Dustin
Dustin

Simple Plumbing Work

***In light of the company's response below:

I have many issues with how you chose to respond to my review and handle this situation:

1) You disregarded my point about his initial quote being completely overpriced, and as a result, it was up to me the customer to negotiate the price down. Your upfront pricing model is very predatory. Where other plumbers price projects fairly based on the amount of hours spent multiplied by their hourly wage and then add any costs for the materials, your plumbers literally come up with the prices on the spot based on how much they think they can charge the customer before the customer pushes back. This leads to discrepancies in what one customer pays versus another, which is a huge issue when your business should aim to provide a consistent customer experience.

2) While he was at my condo for 1 hour and 30 minutes, the time spent under my kitchen sink assessing and rectifying the situation was actually only 30 minutes. The rest of the time was spent in two ways. We had a lengthy and honestly difficult conversation as I tried to understand how exactly the driver came up with the price and he struggled to say anything except that he pulled it out of thin air. And the rest was him making lengthy trips down my condo elevator to his truck to get materials and equipment, and then another trip to grab the credit card machine. It is not my fault that the driver purposely wanted me to pay with e-transfer instead of using a credit card that he didnt even bring the machine up with him. He continued to pressure me to pay by e-transfer, and that pressure is not fair to a consumer.

3) I think I understand more about the state of the economy than you do, cause the inflation rate in June 2022 was 8.1% YOY, and the year before that was 3.1%. Thats 11.2% in 2 years. Sure, that is the Consumer Price Index which is based on a variety of consumer goods and services, so the more important inflation rate in this case is for residential housing contractors which admittedly is higher, but StatsCan had it at around 25% YOY. The cost of my p-trap replacement was $200 in 2020, your plumber originally quoted me $360. Thats an 80% increase in price over a 2-year period, I dont care what indicator you use for inflation, its simply not that high. You blaming your plumbers / companys price gouging tactics on inflation is just a sorry excuse.

4) You state I should have attempted to look for someone who would have been able to service me for less, but did I really have that freedom to make the choice? Your driver still would have charged me $59 + tax just for coming out. So at that point, my hands were tied, and the driver knew that, as he said to me well I am here now and you need it done, there are people out there who do it for less but you have to get them to come here". Does that sound like something someone who actually cared about the customer experience would say? The fact that I mentioned this quote in my initial review and that you did not even acknowledge or apologize that one of your plumbers would say something like that just shows that you as a company encourage your plumbers to use such tactics as you are only concerned with squeezing customers for as much money as you can get.

5) How you deal with customer complaints is an absolute tragedy. I took the liberty of reading through all of your 1 star Google reviews and what your responses to them all have in common is that you dig your heels in the ground, dont take any accountability for the mistakes that you or your plumbers made, you toss the blame back on the customer, and then in your final sentence offer the least sincere sorry, we are sorry that you feel this way. Thats not an apology, thats not an acknowledgment of any wrongdoing or a mistake being made, thats not even an attempt to say we will do better in the future. Thats just you showing a complete lack of regard for the customer, which is exactly why no one should ever use your company.
***

I needed to replace a p-trap and get the snake to clear my kitchen sink. The worker came and from the start was telling me I needed to do more work then was required. Thankfully I had the same issue 2 years ago and knew I only needed the p-trap replaced, he was trying to replace additional pipes for more money. Then, he quoted ridiculous prices for both the trap and the snake, I had to show him the invoice I paid two years ago and estimated prices online for hiim to reduce his quoted price. I would feel horrible for someone who just blindly accepted his inflated price quote. Lastly, when I asked him why his prices were still higher than the competition he said well I am here now and you need it done, there are people out there who do it for less but you have to get them to come here. And he also stated he needed to cover his $8 parking that my building charged. All in it was $280 for a p-trap replacement, and $320 for a snake on the kitchen sink, and then plus taxes. 30 minutes of work. Will absolutely never use this company again. I wish things were simpler, that you could get an honest worker to come to your place and charge you a price that is fair and consistent to everyone else, and not try to take you for a ride.

Our technician Went to your home and provided you with upfront pricing for the work that needed to be completed, to which you agreed. He provided you with quality work that fixed your issue in the 1 hour and 30 mins, not including travel time, that he was at your home. With regards to the prices, nothing being purchased right now, whether services, materials, or necessities, are priced the same as two years ago. Due to inflation, everything from materials, to gas, to even labour, has increased. While we understand you were unhappy with the pricing, it is unfair to provide a review like this when considering the state of the economy. You were always given the choice to refuse the service if you found the prices to be excessive and should have attempted to look for someone who would have been able to service you on a Sunday for less. We are sorry to hear you were unhappy with the experience with our company.

quick and great service!

I was in need of a replacement with very short notice. Esteban was quick and super helpful and solved my problem! Thanks so much!

We are happy to hear that Esteban lived up to your expectations and resolved your plumbing issue quickly. Please feel free to call us anytime. Thank you for choosing New Canadian Drain & Plumbing as your plumbing service provider.

Paula from Mount Dennis
Paula from Mount Dennis

Kitchen Faucet Replacement, Pipe Repair

New Canadian Plumbing was great. I called them because my kitchen faucet started leaking from the base, and also from somewhere under the sink. They picked up right away and sent someone over in 30 mins. Amazing. George, the plumber was very fast and professional. He shut off my main water supply, replaced the faucet and suggested I replace valves under the sink which I had him do as well. He fixed everything with much needed upgraded hardware. He also cleaned up after himself, took off his shoes at the door, and when he was invoicing, he even made sure he picked up a tiny dropped staple that fell out of his stapler, because as he said, he noticed that I have a dog :). He was in and out in under 2 hours and we are grateful our sink is back working. Will definitely use these guys again and would personally recommend George as a great plumber. Thanks! Paula, Mount Dennis, Toronto

Our team of dedicated staff work hard to ensure that we deliver the quality services that our customers deserve, and it is rewarding for our staff when we receive great feedback such as yours. We are happy to hear that George lived up to your expectations and resolved your plumbing issue quickly. It was a pleasure working with you and we hope that you keep us in mind for any future drain or plumbing needs. Thank you, from our team at New Canadian Drain & Plumbing.

Clair in Toronto
Clair in Toronto

bathroom & kitchen pipes, faucets, strainers, and toilet

Majid came reliably at the times promised. He worked diligently to repair and replace rusted and leaking kitchen and bathroom pipes, faucets, and strainers. He also replaced the toilet. I'm happy to recommend him and New Canadian Drain & Plumbing. I'll call them if I ever need work done on my shower and bathtub. Clair S., Toronto

Thank you for sharing your feedback with fellow homeowners. We are happy to hear that you are satisfied with Majid’s knowledge and expertise. Please feel free to contact our office anytime and we look forward to working with you again. Thank you, from our team at New Canadian Drain & Plumbing.

Leak under the sink

Dont think its a simple quote to repair damage. When I scheduled the appointment. Asked if they have price list lady said its a free quote. Tony came looked around charged me $199 for finding source of leak on the joint where the cooper and black pipe meet. $2200 to repair it.

Our technician went to the site, and he quoted $190+HST to diagnose the leak which was difficult to locate. That was the initial free quote that we offered and the decision to accept or decline was always up to you. Our technician provided you with another quote once he located the leak and saw what needed to be done which again was your decision of whether to go ahead. We are sorry to hear you feel it wasn’t simple.

Ravey in Toronto
Ravey in Toronto

Toilet is good to go so quickly

I just called them and they come so quickly. And only spent 5min to fix.

We are happy to hear that we lived up to your expectations and resolved your plumbing issue quickly. Please feel free to call us anytime. Thank you for choosing New Canadian Drain & Plumbing.

PJamnicky
PJamnicky

The Best Plumbing Company

I had a leak and New Canadian Plumbing came right away. Majid was fantastic at diagnosing the issue. I highly recommend this company and Majid. I have used this company on several occasions and they are always great!

We are happy to hear that Majid lived up to your expectations and resolved your plumbing issue quickly. Please feel free to call us anytime. Thank you from New Canadian Drain and Plumbing.

More about New Canadian Drain & Plumbing Ltd

Due to COVID-19 For our customers' safety, our plumbers are wearing Medical Masks, Medical Gloves, and have Disinfecting Spray with them.

Our company is the most organized and professional in the GTA. We are proud new Canadians, working hard to promote the growth of our business.

We specialize in Drain Installation and Repairs. We have quality machines to clear your drains as well as power flushing of your drains. We offer new technology drain relining without digging. We do all types of plumbing repairs including installation of new fixtures. We specialize in waterproofing, fixing leaky basements, and installation of new weeping tiles.

We hope you will give us the opportunity to prove to you that we are a quality company.