Maple Terrazzo Marble & Tile

HomeStars  >  Countertops in Woodbridge  >  Maple Terrazzo Marble & Tile

Reviews for Maple Terrazzo Marble & Tile

Lawrence in Toronto
Lawrence in Toronto

New counter tops in the kitchen

I was sent to Mapple Terrazzo from a previous client. The showroom was fantastic. So many choices of quality and price. We worked with a great guy who showed us great samples that went with our kitchen cupboards.

They came out to measure and then back to install a short time later.

Their work was fantastic. They cleaned up any mess they made and the installers were very friendly and did a great job. I would highly recommend them to anyone.

d berg in North york
d berg in North york
2 reviews North York, ON

Bathrom & kitchen countertops

This is one company to stay away from. Their showroom has outdated samples no longer available. Their staff is disorganized because there are too many people dealing with your project and info does not get passed to the next person. If you are prepared to wait 2 months for your countertops and get abused in the process, then this is your company

John in Grove
John in Grove
1 review Scarborough, ON

Kitchen Renovation

In point form:
1. Customer service is great.
2. Drawing layouts are very impressive and comprehensive.
(in the office)
3. The CNC programmer is always rushing his work. Therefore, it leads to faulty dimensions and inaccurate cuts.
4. CNC operators usually receive rushed work. Therefore, it forces them to alter wrong dimensions manually which diminishes the quality of the granite.
5. Inaccurate dimensions of the granite countertops leads to unnecessary adjustments at the site which decreases the quality.

I will look for another contractor on my next renovating project.

Dave WG in Brampton
Dave WG in Brampton
20 reviews ,

Kitchen Counter

We used Maple thru Lowes. Their product was great,their arrangements excellent but we felt the installation was not up to par. Major piece was not cut correctly at the factory so several cuts had to be done on site making those joints less than perfect. We had a small 1.5" X 1.5" granite moulding installed between countertop and backsplash. It was not consistently polished, joints were of poor quality. All in all a sub par installation for a premium price. They have made some efforts to repair and it now looks OK but installation was not as good as it should have been. We are now moving on to do two baths and will not use this supplier again.

comicpie in North York
comicpie in North York
6 reviews North York, ON

Forye cabinet countertop

I used Maple Group (Maple Terrazoo Stonworx) for my forye countertop because they were the ones that my builder use in the first place. After I moved in to my new condo, I realize that I need more cabinets. so I hired a carpenter to make the cabinet and installed the granite stone on top. The sales person that I deal with is Jan Butler at Maple Group. She's very patient with my last minute changes. We finally settled down to the stone that I liked. She sends down to the person to come to measure the space, and then two weeks after, the installer came to install my countertop. It was simple and easy. The measure guy and installer guy are all very friendly and open to questions that I asked.

I was very happy with their service provided. I would definately use them again.

lucretius
lucretius
5 reviews York, ON

Kitchen countertop - silestone

This company is now called the Maple Group and they actually install countertops through their Stoneworx division.

Stoneworx (Maple Group) was subcontracted to supply and install a Silestone countertop through Canlik Kitchens, which I engaged to do reface my kitchen cabinets and install a countertop.

The Stoneworx (Maple Group) templater used a laser machine (and a laptop) to take measurements with the old countertop removed -- seemed quite professional.

The day before they were scheduled to install the countertop in my home, they called Canlik Kitchens (the main contractor)just before closing of the business day to inform them that they could not do the installation that day because of problems they had with a machine breaking down. Hmmm .... do these folks actually fabricate the countertop the night before installation?

Stonework (Maple Group) delivered and installed the countertop exactly 6 days later, during which time I was without a countertop or sink. After the installer placed the countertop on the cabinets, it was immediately obvious that the measurements were poor. One cut-out at the side was a few inches short and the installer proceeded to make the cut-out larger with his saw, right there in my kitchen. While that turned out OK (except for the stone dust that I was left with), there were some gaps as large as 1/4" along the back wall. What was the point of using a fancy laser machine mounted on a tripod and a laptop when the measurements were so poor? Fortunately, the Silestone backsplash (3/4" thick) covered the huge gaps.

When the installer finished, I thought everything would be OK, since all the problems were either corrected or hidden.

However, when cleaning the countertop 2 days later, I discovered that one side of the counter didn't clean up as well as the other side -- when the counter was wet, I could see many linear marks (in varius directions) that were evidence of much rubbing in that area. Then I noticed a long hairline crack (15"?) that had been repaired - you could stick a pin through the hairline crack. Further, it was obvious that part of the polished surface near the crack had been marred (probably during the repair process).

I really can't believe this! I paid for a new countertop and Stoneworx (Maple Group) knowingly installed a countertop that had a crack in it. At no time did they disclose to me (or the main contractor) that the countertop had been cracked and repaired. I suspect that the countertop was cracked the afternoon before the original installation date, which would explain why Stonework called my main contractor at that time to say "their machine had been broken".

Now, I am going to have to deal with this issue. If they pull out the countertop, there will certainly be collateral damage to walls, freshly laminated cupboards, and sink. If they merely repolish the surface, I'm still left with a countertop that has a hairline fracture,which could,over time, crack in the same place.

--------------------

Update:

Maple/Stoneworx replaced the damaged countertop. Fotrunately, no damage was done while removing the old countertop -- I was worried, since the company would not take responsibility for anything beyond the countertop and the matching backsplash (i.e. damage to walls, the new laminate, sink,or faucet would be my problem???). They did, however, scratch the bottom of my sink by placing tools in it. And they did a poor job of putting the epoxy and silicon on the sink. I've since had the excess epoxy and silicon stripped and the sink recaulked (by someone else). I still have the scratch at the bottom of my sink.

Tasha from Markham
Tasha from Markham

Kitchen Countertops and Island

We've just completed the process of having granite countertops installed in our kitchen and we couldn't be more delighted with the service and results from Maple Terrazzo. From the first contact to the final install date, I've been pleased with the service and quality of work.

From the beginning, Jan in sales was very professional and quick to answer my email inquiries. My appointment to choose a slab was a painless process despite the huge variety of colours to choose from. Their process is very organized and clearly laid out with plenty of information about each of the steps for the customer so that there are no surprises. The templating process was professional and I really appreciated that the templator gave me advice on adjustments and changes that would improve the look of the kitchen.

The installation was beautiful, quick, and very professional. The installers were polite, focused, and cleaned up everything.

The whole experience with Maple Terrazzo / Stoneworx was brilliant and I'll gladly recommend them to my friends and family.

Stephanie, Toronto
Stephanie, Toronto

To create a marble surround for my fireplace and g

Everything was fantastic! They have a wide selection of materials and their show room is like a stock yard where you can walk through and select your stone slab. They had competitive pricing but what sold me was everyone from their templater, Manny, to their sales people (Shawn, Anna in scheduling, and the installer whose name I can't recall) were so pleasant to deal with, professional, timely in keeping their appointments and the work within my home was very neatly done (they covered flooring up, furniture, etc, and cleaned up after they left. I'm happy with the stone and with their work. I'm going to recommend my mother use them when she renovates her kitchen as well--and she is really hard to please!!!

B. from Toronto-1232
B. from Toronto-1232

Bathroom counter

Installed a Zodiac counter. Great staff to deal with, had a "finicky" job to do - small space with difficult challenges on a very shallow counter and we have a counter that looks great! They arrived on time, did a good job, and left the room clean. Price was good - about 1/2 of one of the refacing shops (although that place was so far off base it was funny).

Barbara from Toronto-150
Barbara from Toronto-150

Measure and installation of granite worktops

This Woodbridge company offers the best service and price along with a great product and professional installation. Before purchasing the granite, you have the opportunity to go to their premises and touch, feel, look and choose your piece of stone. Extremely helpful and friendly staff. For the installation, they arrived right on time, the granite fit like a glove and the installers were polite, friendly, professional and left everything clean and tidy. I will use them again.