Hogg

Reviews for Hogg

Simon in Kitchener
Simon in Kitchener

Poor Quality Furnace Parts

Same Parts (Hot Surface Ignitor) was replaced by HOGG yesterday. It was replaced earlier in Jan 18 this year by HOGG. It did not last for 4 months with summer in between. Both the management and technician denied it with all kind of excuses and no warranty.

Michelle in Waterloo
Michelle in Waterloo
1 review Kitchener, ON

They do NOT stand by repairs or care about customers

We contacted Hogg for a repair of our furnace. As we were moving we only wanted a basic furnace or a repair of our existing furnace. The technician did NOT diagnose or explain our options properly, but offered to replace our heat exchanger. This repair lasted one week. Upon contacting the company to rectify the issue, they did admit that it was a faulty repair, but further quotes were exorbitant. Their "best" offer of a no-warranty, as-is furnace was not crediting us with the faulty repair so in fact would end up costing us the same as their more expensive options with the credit, and with no warranty this doesn't guarantee it to work for us in the next few months, or the new owners, who we are legally obligated to inform of what is going on. The general manager had the audacity to tell me that this was a "successful" repair and that "I have a new heat exchanger" which of course does me absolutely no good if the entire furnace doesn't work. We have been sitting in the cold and their attitude is, we did the work, we grabbed your money and took advantage of you and get lost. Also, a provision of their last offer to us was to give a "favourable" review on social media. So I'm pretty sure a lot of these were given because people were THREATENED to do so (not to mention on other sites, positive reviews are given by their own staff). I would not recommend these people for ANY work related to your furnace and in the past week I have told my friends and my real estate agent to tell all her clients to stay away from them. I have contacted their main competitor and am happy to give them further business.

Nick from Kitchener
Nick from Kitchener
3 reviews Elora, ON

New Furnace

I just had a new furnace installed by HOGG and I couldn't be happier by the overall experience. The technician initially came out to diagnose my issue and he did a great job explaining what was wrong. I then met with Scott, the sales rep and he gave me multiple options. He did not try to sell me something I didn't need and he let us choose what worked best for our family. The technicians installing the furnace were very professional and they made sure every detail was covered before they left. Kory, the service manager followed up during the install to see how things were going and Scott followed up afterwards to make sure I was happy with the install. They treated me with respect and wanted to make sure I was happy with the overall experience. I would highly recommend HOGG for any Furnace or AC work that you need done.

Mike in Toronto
Mike in Toronto
1 review Guelph, ON

Problems with American Standard Furnace

I purchased an American Standard furnace from Hogg in November of 2017. Within 6 weeks, we needed to change the main board. A couple of weeks later we needed to replace piping that cracked between the furnace and venting. On top of that we needed to install a new return vent. I think Scott was so eager to sell me a furnace that he presumed the existing duct work could handle the new furnace. I recall asking him whether existing ductwork was sufficient and he said that he had no concerns. The only silver lining was that the service in response to all the hassle was very good.

Shaver in Mississauga
Shaver in Mississauga

Hogg Team...

The Hogg team was a true pleasure from the initial call with sales lead Scott Padfield. He was extremely knowledgeable and didn’t try to sell me something I didn’t need. The quote included all brand new copper piping which is apparently to code these days, other quotes only included blowing out of old pipes. The installation crew were professional and respectful of our home, willing to move the unit a little further than initially discussed with no pushback or increased fee as it didn’t require a little more copper. Our new American Standard unit works like a charm and is super quiet. We could t be happier.

muskokacat in Kitchener
muskokacat in Kitchener
1 review Kitchener, ON

fixed my furnace almost immediately

I called Hogg's because the furnace in my rental house wasn't working, the technician came in, started the pilot light, and checked out the whole furnace to make sure it was safe. They were literally at my house in 5 minutes. He told me what he was doing and was very patient. He made my day

JarretT in Kitchener
JarretT in Kitchener

Air Conditioner purchase and installation

Called Hogg as after research I decided I wanted an American Standard AC unit based on its strong consumer report reviews. The receptionist at Hogg took my info and told me that Scott Padfield their sales rep would touch base.

Scott called me in short order and set up a meeting to discuss units and prices. Scott showed up to the meeting on time and took as much time as needed to walk me through my options and the models explaining the benefits to each.

On installation day the Hogg team showed up on time and were incredibly professional. Their work is really well done. The whole installation was tidy and professional and Scott even dropped by on the installation day to walk us through expectations for the unit and make sure we were satisfied.

We have had the unit now for 3 weeks and it is excellent. The Ecobee that was installed by Hogg is also a really nice unit. Scott followed up several days after to make sure we were satisfied.

I unconditionally would recommend using the Hogg team again.

Blair in Waterloo
Blair in Waterloo
2 reviews Waterloo, ON

Speedy and quality Air Conditioner fix

I'd previously gotten a diagnosis for a non-functioning air conditioner _from a different company_. The diagnosis was "seized compressor" and I was quoted upwards of $2000 for repair or replacement.

My wife was suspicious, so I called Hogg for a second opinion.

Wes came to the house. He was nice and polite. On the way to the AC unit, he guessed "sounds like a blown capacitor". He took the unit's cover off, and showed me the blown capacitor. He had a replacement in the truck and had it installed in minutes. After that, he performed a few additional tests, answering all my questions (and after my experience with the other company, I had a few) along the way. I paid and he drove off, leaving me in air conditioned comfort.

Michelle Savard  from Kitchener
Michelle Savard from Kitchener
2 reviews Kitchener, ON

Furnace

My boyfriend and I just bought our first home. And coming into the cooler weather decided to turn on our furnace only to find out it was broken. The previous owners had a HOGG sticker on the furnace so we decided to try that out, being told we'd be charged $79 which was not a problem. After being told we needed new parts a man named Terri contacted me, came to my house, checked out my furnace, I was then charged again, $107 for him coming, I was not shown any options on furnaces, not different pricing, just told what one I'd be getting. After that experience I shopped around. I did not go with them, they are very unorganized even lost my credit card information, I would not recommend them to anyone. Ever

More about Hogg

For over 137 years HOGG Mechanical has been the trusted name for quality Home Comfort Service and Installations. Visit www. hoggmechanical. com. Whether you need annual maintenance, on-demand service or need to purchase new equipment, HOGG Mechanical's trained, knowledgeable and easy to work with staff can assist you in making ...
Looking for Heating & Air Conditioning pros in Kitchener?