Gator Custom Windows Ltd-

Reviews for Gator Custom Windows Ltd-

Dale in Scarborough
Dale in Scarborough

New Front Door, Bay Window and 4 other windows

A joy to work with from the moment we walked into the showroom with Irma welcoming us and getting a seat for my elderly mother. We were uncertain of what we wanted, other than a bay window replacement, 2 doube hung windows and new front door that is eye catching from inside as well as out . Ashley was extremely helpful with providing me with suggestions other than double hung for my living room. Harold arrived to quote and take measurements armed with catalogues and more suggestions to reduce the cost. We ended up also replacing 2 other double hung with awning windows and a storm door.
Delivery was 10 weeks as the front door and 2 windows were custom. Roy and Alex arrived to install on time and spent 1 day indoors and finished up mid day the second. Their attention to detail and workmanship was amazing.
I highly recommend Gator, and it is nice to do business with a family owned company rather than those large ones who really did not seem to care about my home.

Thank you to everyone at Gator, we will be back!

Wayne Gow from Whitby
Wayne Gow from Whitby
2 reviews Whitby, ON

Windows and Door replacement

We used Gator to replace 24 windows and a patio door in our house. They were referred to us by a number of other people and were a pleasure to deal with from start to finish. This is a family run business that cares for their customers. From Harold who came to our house to measure and provide us a quote to Beatrice in the showroom who showed us the various styles of windows available when we were ordering. Once it came time for installation Roy and his son Alex arrived daily at 8 am on the dot and were very professional and friendly and their work was outstanding. I would highly recommend Gator Windows and Doors.

Dissatisfied with Gator in Scarborough
Dissatisfied with Gator in Scarborough

Very poor service reliability. They just don’t come!

We called them to come and fix a door they had installed. Then we emailed. Then we called and emailed again. From May 2018 to July, nothing but excuses and ‘he’ll be there soon’. We’re not asking for anything free here; we were going to be charged $30 for the part and $50 for labour. Never again for these people, even though they are local to us and we need new windows. This is a simple fix. Beware of these people. They don’t believe in service calls out to their customers.

David Gillies from Toronto
David Gillies from Toronto

Window replacement

Our 17 year old home had a few windows that failed (you could see the condensation between the panes). We researched manufactures and found Gator carried some of the best rated brands that are manufactured in Canada. The visit was arranged very quickly. The representative looked at all our windows and suggested only some of them needed to be replaced (he didn't try to oversell at all). The quote was reasonable and what i expected for good quality product installed by guys who know what they are doing. Nice people to deal with it all went very smoothly. I'm sure you can get cheaper stuff elsewhere but you get what you pay for.

Betty in Toronto
Betty in Toronto

window cut-out and install sliding door

I chose Gator Windows on the recommendation of a contractor. I needed to have a bedroom window enlarged with a brick cut-out to accommodate a six foot wide sliding door. Dealing with Gator Windows was the best experience I have had dealing with any kind of contractor/installer. As I knew the type of door I wanted and Gator carried it, I did not visit the showroom but dealt with Beatrice on the phone. She was very helpful and pleasant and easy to reach by phone and email. Harold came by the house to give me a quote – again so pleasant and helpful. From time of placing the order in April 2017 to install in May 2017, the whole thing took about 1 month. I was given a date for the install and a call the day before to confirm. Roy and Alex showed up at 8:00 am on the dot to do the install. What a team! Father and son working together like a finely tuned machine. I watched them all day long with the highlight being seeing the two of them lift the door up into place; I wasn’t sure how two people could manage such a large door, but they made it look easy! They worked hard all day finishing around 6 pm after doing a thorough cleanup of the job site. They are true professionals who take pride in doing a job well and I am so happy that I chose them because I can rest easy knowing the job was done right! It was a pleasure dealing with Gator Windows from start to finish and I have no reservation in recommending Gator Windows.

2 windows replacement

If you want good quality, fantastic customer service from going into their showroom and chatting with Beatrice who is very very knowledgable and helpful, to meeting Harold who came to see our old windows and gave us an estimate and basically knew what we were looking for and to have the pleasure of having his brother Roy and his son Alex come and get rid of our old nasty windows and put in energy saving, brand spanking new beautiful windows (have 2 windows done for the front of our house, 1 bay window which finally looks amazing and one side window that was done poorly before we moved in and cracked during the winter time!) I wanted to get exceptional windows that would stop my heating to go out and heat up my porch every year and my $$$$ was literally going our my front windows!!!! and to have re-sale value on my property one day! I be honest I didn't even compare pricing with other window business, my gut and all the other exceptional reviews about Gator Windows plus meeting almost all of the family members was the RIGHT DECISION! in the future i will definitely be calling them again soon to replace the rest of the windows in my house! NO fuss no muss, straightforward , honest and professional service! The price we pay for the 2 windows is matched with the prompt and professional installation service by both Roy and his son Alex! they were quiet, pleasant, friendly, made sure our furniture , paintings close to my 2 windows were covered up, my floor was covered up where they were working at and they also cleaned up after they were done...they were fast, I am still blown away plus it is cold outside! and i was not cold at all because again they worked fast! exceptional fantastic family run business and let me just say every person I met knows their job exceptionally well! Look no further just go into their showroom and you will see what I mean! I always believe great customer service from the first point of contact is very important in making my decisions to go with a company to fix anything in my house. btw I just had both my windows replaced yesterday! I love it!!! I am so ready for the HOliday season!!! yay!! Merry Christmas I have the GATOR effect as ALex puts it! THanks again ROy and Alex the entire family is AWESOME!!!

Stewart in Toronto
Stewart in Toronto

Gold star service over many years

I've been using Gator for over 16 years as I slowly replace old windows in my Leslieville home. This is a family business where service and craftsmanship are both top priorities. The brothers, harold and Roy, are great folks, and they do beautiful, honest work. Last week, had 5 aluminum storm-type windows replaced with Ontario-made casements. Roy and his son were in and out in 3 and a half hours, and the work was, as always, impeccable. And even though I was working one floor below them, I was amazed how quiet they were! This company will always be my go-to.

Zaheer Bhyat from Toronto
Zaheer Bhyat from Toronto

Replaced all our windows

A friend recommended Gator. Met Beatrice and her mom. Requested Tilt/Turn windows. Family run business -excellent responses. Communicated by e-mail, receiving quotations, one brother came to measure and finalize quote, the other brother and his son came to install the windows. They were efficient, prompt, clean and thorough. This is a third generation business and I am happy to say I would recommend them without reservation. The windows from Strassburger work well and meet my expectations.

peter k in East York
peter k in East York

Installing new window in master bedroom

This is a small, family-run company where the father/son do the installation. They did a great job and were a pleasure to have them in our house. I would definitely hire them again.

Brian - Toronto
Brian - Toronto

Window Replacement

We have always dealt with this company and they are amazing. Very courteous and efficient. They gave us a good price for a good product and we are very happy with the level of workmanship and professionalism.

MF

More about Gator Custom Windows Ltd-

Custom windows and doors.
Looking for Windows & Doors Installation & Service pros in Scarborough Junction?