Dupont Heating & Air Conditioning Ltd

Fireplaces
1400 Dufferin St Toronto ON M6H 4C8
HomeStars  >  Fireplaces in North York  >  Dupont Heating & Air Conditioning Ltd

Reviews for Dupont Heating & Air Conditioning Ltd

john in Toronto
john in Toronto

gas fireplace

I had a gas fireplace red tagget by enbridge due to a gas leak around the gas valve. Called this company got the number from one of their trucks near my property and , arranged a service call where the operator assured me that they would "clear the red tag "no problem" in about a week! because they had to order "parts" after almost three weeks and repeated calls on my part still problems with "parts" I suggested to them that i could get the "parts" in about an hour (i am an experienced handyman) to which they told me that they don"t do that. At this point i called another company , they came the next day fixed the leak in less then two hours "no parts required " clear the red tag and all is fine. Dupont hvac refused to give me my money back.

Sarah  in Toronto
Sarah in Toronto

Efficient and Effective!

Furnace broke down Saturday. Coldest day of the year. Dealt with several other suppliers and these guys were the best. Call answered and on site within an hour. Brought extra space heaters to get us through the night and showed up early to install new furnace next day. Courteous, friendly and efficient! Highly recommend this crew- Louis and team.

JL in Toronto
JL in Toronto

Water Heater and Furnace

Disappointed with the guaranteed installation -- be careful!

I got three quotes and went with Dupont to get a more efficient furnace and replace a rented hot water tank with a purchased one. The salesperson Rod, was extremely helpful, and there was no problem with the installation. BUT, a month or so later, a friend who is a licensed inspector came by the house and noticed the venting outlet in the walkway was too low. He said that raising it to the proper height would be straightforward.

I called and emailed multiple times to ask them to extend the vent, based on the Inspector's comment and the fact that at the current height it blows unpleasantly people's faces. I had trouble getting in touch, was told people were on vacation, calls weren't returned, was asked for more detail by email which I provided... and it's still not fixed.

Fusion Health studio in Toronto
Fusion Health studio in Toronto

AC unit replacement

Our commercial AC unit broke in the middle of the summer so I called Dupont heating for help. They send a technician that was able to see that our old ac unit could not be fixed so we needed a brand new one. Dupont sent us a quote for the new unit which we decided to accept after looking at other prices. The technicians came prepared and on time to installed the new unit. They worked very hard to make sure the new AC unit was is up and running by the end of the day as they promised.
Mario and the whole Dupont team are professional and reliable. I would recommend this company a 100% they are absolutely amazing people to work with!

Eva
Eva

ductless AC

We have central AC in the house but the 3rd floor got always hot with little relief from the central system. We discussed two options with Mario who came within 24 hours of our call and explained all pros and cons. In the end we had a Mitsubishi installed in the 3rd floor hallway. We paid a deposit (50%) on booking, the crew (Fabian and John) arrived as agreed, Fabian devised the best route for the electrical from the main floor el box and the best spots for the indoor and outdoor units. They covered the work area, worked diligently, caulked everything, cleaned, left us with manuals and documentation and explained how to operate the remote, etc. All staff we met or talked to were friendly and efficient. Nicole can sometimes get very busy but there is nothing that she could not handle and sort out. The price was perhaps not the lowest but the service was swift and excellent. We love to support local businesses in our area, and would recommend this company to anyone in the GTA without the slightest hesitation.

Steve in Toronto
Steve in Toronto

Hot Water Tank

My rented hot water tank died. I called Mario @ Dupont Heating & Air and they were there within a few hours with a new upgraded water tank,,, Great Service,,,, what's best is that I stopped the insanity of renting , so my savings will be large now that I bought from Dupont Heating & Air and their service is always the best....I have used Dupont Heating & Air in excess of 10 years for Furnace , Air Conditioning, and humidifier and have lived problem free from these ,Great people, Great Service......and the best thing, they are just an email away and they always respond ...Terrific Company .

air conditioner

Dupont installed two air conditioners for me two years ago. The system has not performed well. When I called to get maintenance and diagnose repairs they repeatedly changed appointments on me and didn't follow up. I really recommend trying a different company.

The Montgomerys
The Montgomerys

Ductless Air Conditioning

We have an 1880 Victorian in downtown Toronto that has been stifling in summer for 30+ years. We finally had ductless air conditioning installed by Dupont this spring and couldn't be happier. Mario took the time to come and meet with us to review the installation and a minor hiccup was solved in less than 24 hours. They came when they said they would, did the work in the time they estimated in a clean and efficient manner and followed up to make sure everything was as it should be. I would recommend Dupont to anyone looking to improve their HVAC systems.

The team here at Dupont Heating is thrilled to hear such good feedback, and we’re proud to be a service company you can rely on. We’ve been in the industry for 53 years now and continue to strive on improving and providing excellent service to our customers. We’re happy to hear that your experience with us was great and we hope you will continue to consider us if you require future service.

Nicole
Office Manager

Furnace Fan motor serviced

Disgusting work ethics. A man named Mario installed my furnace 12 yrs ago. Only after a few weeks It kept breaking down every few days and each time he charged me. In the end I had to call Carrier who got Dupont Heating to rectify it and actually replace it because it was the wrong furnace without an apology! Recently the same furnace broke down - it was the fan motor. I only called them being an existing customer and was surprised to see the same Mario. He quoted over a $1000 plus $200 for looking at it for a few minutes in an arrogant manner just like he was 12 years ago. He even suggested he put in a new furnace! I went with another company and the total was $390 and it works great! I was burned twice by Dupont Heating.

We apologize that your experience with us was dissatisfactory. We are typically known for our exceptional attention to detail and courteous service, and we regret that we missed the mark. To address your concerns, the part in question was actually an inducer motor – and the reason for failure was due to a lack of maintenance. Maintenance is a service we can provide but it is the responsibility of the customer to ensure their unit is being maintained regularly. For this situation, we did everything within our power to rectify the issue. Our cost is a fixed cost that reflects the price the supplier provides us plus the cost of labor. Our costs are competitive with the rest of the industry and we are very surprised you found the replacement for so low, but we are happy you found a fix. If there are any future issues we would still be happy to work with you, or if you would like to discuss this matter further...please give our office a call.

Nicole
Office Manager

More about Dupont Heating & Air Conditioning Ltd

What We Do Ensure your heating system operates at peak efficiency with services from Dupont Heating & Air Conditioning. With over 40 years in the business, we provide competitive pricing and hands-on service for residential, commercial and industrial clients. We can handle small to large heating projects from home furnaces ...