Dupont Heating & Air Conditioning Ltd

Reviews for Dupont Heating & Air Conditioning Ltd

Tom B.
Tom B.

Furnace & A/C Installation

Our A/C unit died in early July during one of our many heat waves. Pat from Dupont came to assess our needs which he did quickly and competently and Nicole helped to expedite its installation 7 days later. The team of Sirak and Colin did a masterful job to get it done before we all melted.
In early October our gas furnace required maintenance as it wouldn't start. Hussan from Dupont was sent to look into it. He got it restarted but warned that it could happen again. It was scheduled for a cleaning a week later and Ahmed the technician from Dupont when he arrived to do so examined and started it and suggested that I not waste my money since the furnace at 15 years old would likely not last the winter. He was very professional and personable and without any sales pressure explained my options. Consequently we settled on a new Carrier furnace
at a very reasonable price.
We were pleasantly surprised 6 days later when the team that arrived in early morning to install the furnace was Sirak and Colin once again.
Naturally they again did a stellar job and worked well into the evening
to finish.
I would highly recommend Dupont for your heating and A/C needs and ask for Colin and Sirak for any installation.

N. Williams from Toronto
N. Williams from Toronto

Great service

We first dealt with Dupont approximately 15 years ago when my in-laws' furnace stopped working while they were away. The entire team were prompt, polite and professional and it was a very positive experience for my wife who had to babysit the house. When it came time to replace our home central air conditioning unit Dupont was our first (and only call). Mario (one of the owners) came out to our house, explained the various options, recommended a Carrier high efficiency unit and gave what I thought was a very reasonable price. After the unit was installed I was concerned that it might be a bit too close to the property line. I called Mario and he came back out to our house the same evening with a colleague and moved the unit. Fast forward to this year and, as the heat arrived, our Carrier stopped working properly. Dupont came out promptly and checked the unit and determined a part had to be replaced. Alas the part had to come from the US but Dupont kept us updated. The part arrived and was immediately installed under warranty. Alas, the next day (a Saturday) the unit did not appear to be working properly so I called back. Mario responded and said he would come out first thing Saturday morning and replace the thermostat which he did. When this did not appear to fix the problem Mario and a colleague came back out on Saturday evening and replaced the motor. Our air conditioner now seems to be working fine. While it was a little frustrating being without AC during a heat wave we recognize that things break down and sometimes the problem is not obvious. We were very impressed with the level of service we received from Dupont, and Mario in particular. In my view Mario went above and beyond. He made us feel like valued customers. We would not hesitate to recommend Dupont to anyone.

Sam FX from Toronto
Sam FX from Toronto

New Boiler And Water Heater Installed In Less Than A Day

My old boiler (furnace) broke one Saturday morning in October 2019. Enercare refused to come the same day and Reliance said "No" too. Then I called Dupont Heating, and Louie arrived just a few hours after calling. The fact that he came and the other 2 bigger companies didn't said a lot to me about "customer service"! Louie fixed my problem with such incredible knowledge and confidence of heating equipment! Anyway, I then soon decided to replace the boiler and my water heater since they were both over 20 years old! Louie made everything easy and stress free for me. His crew came in and got rid of all the old stuff and put the new boiler and new water heater in with ease, and all under a day's work! The workers that came were all professional, kind, helpful and amazing too! They did everything and they had everything under control. And my new boiler is actually a lot more efficient than my last one and yes, I have saved money and gas as well!

mark, west seaton village
mark, west seaton village

Quick, Efficient Furnace Repair

Our furnace stopped working. We called Dupont Heating and they came within an hour on a Sunday morning. The repair took less than an hour. The service was efficient and quick. We're very satisfied and will definitely use again....and recommend to others.

Thank you for the wonderful review. We strive to ensure our customers are taken care of as quickly as possible.

We look forward to hearing from you!!

Told me I needed a new condensate pump when I didn't.

During maintenance, the technician detached my condensate hose, ran the pump, which sprayed water all over. Then he told me that shows the pump needs to be replaced. Office said it would cost $550 for new pump and installation. After some of my own research and talking to others at the office, they admit it only needed a new condensate check valve which costs only $17 at amazon and can be installed easily. My condensate check valve also mysteriously went missing after that visit. Would not trust them again.

Jojo in Toronto
Jojo in Toronto

Great Service

A sensor in my tankless water heater broke and Sam was deployed in record time to get it back up and running with seamless communication with Candace in the office and a rushed part. So happy!
Jojo

Trish M. in Old Toronto
Trish M. in Old Toronto

Fast response to report of pooling water near the furnace

Last evening as I entered the basement I immediately saw that the carpet near my furnace was completely saturated. I feared that water might be coming from a plugged condenser on the furnace. I called Dupont Heating after-hours answering service with no expectation I could get a service technician before sometime the next day. I spoke to someone who reassured me he would call an on-call technician immediately. Within 30 minutes of my call a Dupont Heating technician arrived at my door. He insisted on taking off his shoes at the front door and carrying them to my wet basement (very considerate!). He determined that my furnace was secure and running properly. He checked my hot water heater, and then my nearby bathroom where he found a problem. I seem to have a plumbing problem, not a furnace problem. The technician was able to refer several reputable plumbing companies for me to consider and since he was so helpful and professional I felt confident in calling one of them. I have been a client of Dupont Heating for five years or so and would recommend this company without hesitation.

Bill in Toronto, Ontario
Bill in Toronto, Ontario

New Carrier Furnace

Mario was very prompt, and very helpful, in dealing with our failing gas furnace (an old Goodman). He recommended a reliable, mid-priced Carrier for our 650 sq. ft. unit (in a low rise hard-loft conversion). The installers were very good and they had to work hard in a very tight alcove/space just above the washroom! They also installed a new Honeywell thermostat. Everything is now functioning really well (and with far less noise). So my wife and I were really pleased with the entire job, from beginning to end!

Mark lillie in Ottawa
Mark lillie in Ottawa

HVAC service

DuPont Heating serviced my residential boiler again this year; their HVAC tech was wonderful, he articulated exactly what was done and what may occur in future, and of course polite and respectful. When my Enercare rental water heater failed at another time, DuPont sent a tech to my home to relight the pilot on a Sunday, at no cost to me (it wasn't even their installation). Many thanks to Mario and his crew at DuPont, I'd recommend them to anyone.

john in Toronto
john in Toronto

gas fireplace

I had a gas fireplace red tagget by enbridge due to a gas leak around the gas valve. Called this company got the number from one of their trucks near my property and , arranged a service call where the operator assured me that they would "clear the red tag "no problem" in about a week! because they had to order "parts" after almost three weeks and repeated calls on my part still problems with "parts" I suggested to them that i could get the "parts" in about an hour (i am an experienced handyman) to which they told me that they don"t do that. At this point i called another company , they came the next day fixed the leak in less then two hours "no parts required " clear the red tag and all is fine. Dupont hvac refused to give me my money back.

More about Dupont Heating & Air Conditioning Ltd

What We Do Ensure your heating system operates at peak efficiency with services from Dupont Heating & Air Conditioning. With over 40 years in the business, we provide competitive pricing and hands-on service for residential, commercial and industrial clients. We can handle small to large heating projects from home furnaces ...
Looking for Fireplaces pros in North York?