Dupont Heating & Air Conditioning Ltd

1400 Dufferin St Toronto ON M6H 4C8
Fireplaces
Dupont Heating & Air Conditioning Ltd

Reviews for Dupont Heating & Air Conditioning Ltd

I had a roof furnace that was electric and Dupont Heating took it off the roof in the rain and installed a new high efficiency gas furnace.

I had an old roof furnace that was electric and Dupont Heating took it off in the rain and installed a new high efficiency gas furnace.
Mario is a gem to work with and his staff are great. I would definitely use them again.

Thank you for your positive feedback, Dupont offers 24/7 emergency service to our customers to ensure they are always being looked after – regardless of inclement weather. We are glad to hear that you are happy with your new install, and hope you’ll continue to consider us for future work.

Nicole

Gas Furnace Installation & Excellent Customer Service

We had a Carrier gas furnace installed a couple of years ago, and are writing now to share the positive experience we've had with Dupont Heating and owner Mario. Despite what other customers may have experienced, we've personally have had an excellent experience with Dupont Heating, and would recommend them without hesitation. We are very happy to have upgraded our gas furnace unit to a high efficiency unit. What makes Dupont Heating stand out from other heating companies is their post-sales customer service. They have a 24/7 customer service helpline, and it is reassuring to know that you can always speak to someone from the company if you have any concerns you may have. Whenever we had any questions about the operation of our heating unit, or any other HVAC related questions, Mario always responded very quickly and professionally - even showing up to our home when needed. We have found that their team are a dedicated group who are more than willing to answer questions and provide help however they can. They stand behind their products and provide excellent service. We would recommend Dupont to anyone looking for a gas furnace and excellent customer service!

LPisa  in Etobicoke
LPisa in Etobicoke

Unbelievable commitment to their business!!!

I called DuPont. Their receptionist Nicole took my call. She was very helpful but it seemed there weren't any available service reps to come immediately (we had no heat and its -20 today) Nicole said she had a solution. Louie one of the owners came out to us personally. Louie was at my door in 15min. Identified our minor furnace issue in minutes.
Charged us the minimum service charge!!! We have heat. This all in less than an hour since I first made the call. Unreal. Thank-you DuPont!!

Roberta in Toronto
Roberta in Toronto

Installation and maintenance of furnace, A-coil, air-conditioner and humidifier.

Dupont Heating and Air Conditioning installed my furnace, air conditioner, A-coil and pipes, and humidifier 2 years ago. I bought a Carrier system at a good price. The installers were courteous, tidy and got the job done in one day! Just recently, the owner, Mario, came quickly on a cold night when my furnace was acting up and fixed the problem pronto. The service is great, personal and well-priced. Dupont is right in my own community and serves its community well - much better service than a "big box" or national chain would provide. I highly recommend them.

Angele in Toronto
Angele in Toronto

Water Heater

I have been using Dupont since 2004. I recently had a problem with my water heater and they did an AMAZING job. Their service is impeccable and they are very responsive. I would highly recommend them vs. the big box options.

Susan
Susan
2 reviews Ennismore, ON

New boiler/furnace installation

From my first contact with Nicole in the office to Mario's service visit to the techs Danny and Sam we could not be more thrilled with Dupont! A nightmare carbon monoxide problem was resolved quickly and competently. The pricing was fair and matched our initial quote (which was very comparable to competitor's pricing). The installation was completed in a smooth and timely manner with minimal mess and inconvenience. We would not hesitate to recommend Dupont for any and all heating and air conditioning services. Bravo, you guys!!!

Paul .
Paul .

AC Work Leads to 'Near Violence' with Dupont Serviceman

This is a long but very true story; worth the read if you're considering hiring Dupont. DO NOT! TURN AND RUN!

Full credit to Dupont for the worst customer experience in my life. I would give them -10 instead of zero if I could.

I bought two ductless AC units from Dupont years ago because I really liked Mario; he's warm, friendly, and very knowledgeable. Too bad he's not involved on the service side. I've made the mistake of hiring them to service the units since then and have had problem after problem (service issues, overcharging, misleading on costs, being unprepared, etc.), but this recent event takes the cake. I hired them to disconnect two AC units sitting on the ground so I could have new cement put down.

When the disconnecting was done, we had a disagreement on the bill…once again Dupont hadn’t told the serviceman I was getting a discount to compensate for a prior problem. I invited him into my house so we could call Jackie. Big mistake. The discussion became an argument, and he got so angry, he yelled and hovered over me.

I told him several times to get out of my house, I said I would call the police, that I felt physically threatened, but he refused to step outside the door! He just stared at me wide-eyed, hovering over me in a menacing way, huffing and puffing. I had Jackie at Dupont on the phone and asked her to tell him to leave, hoping he would listen. “Do you hear this, Jackie? Do you hear him refusing to leave?” She said “yes, I hear him" but didn't ask to speak to him, didn't try to deal with this.

I finally defused the situation myself without getting punched by a Dupont serviceman who probably weighs 100 lbs more than me. And remember, I’ve bought two AC units from these people! This is how they treat repeat customers of big-ticket items??

I hired a different company to do the reconnection and will never work with Dupont again. The new guy showed me several mistakes Dupont made (cutting the pipes improperly and not draining the refrigerants properly), which also means I overpaid Dupont and that it cost me extra to reconnect the units!

Mario is great, but the rest of the staff…from bad to worse to nearly violent! Frank means well, but he’s very inconsistent and doesn’t prepare the technicians who do the work, leading to confusion and poor service. And Jackie clearly couldn’t care less.

Spare yourself the missed work, the confusion, the terrible service, and feeling physically threatened from a certain unnamed bully of a serviceman. Go with someone else, ANYONE else than Dupont.

Elizabeth from Leslieville
Elizabeth from Leslieville

Tankless water heater installation, electric water heater removal, new pipe routing

I'm committed to doing the best I can in an urban environment to avoid excessive resource use. I have been a Dupont client for more years than I care to share, but I contacted them recently proposing a change to a tankless, gas-powered water heater. They did a great job of explaining my options, offering two manufacturers' solutions, organizing the process, and operating the install with a high degree of sensitivity to minimizing upset. I chose the higher-end manufacturer, Rinnai, because all parts are replaceable, and because of their many years of good reputation. The removal of the old water heater was handled impeccably. I am already observing the reduction in electric power and of course in billing, and the new gas charges still keep me in a net win position. The overall payback will take a few years, but it was the right thing to do! Well done, Dupont, and well done, me! A win-win!

Julia_burlington from Etobicoke
Julia_burlington from Etobicoke

AVOID AT ALL COSTS

I have never in my life seen such an unorganized company with such a low level of customer service. They tried to overcharge me on labour, but my tenant was there when they were installing. They tried to charge me three hours for a one hour job. DuPont is the most dishonest company I have EVER dealt with.

T from Toronto
T from Toronto

Installation of boiler

I will never recommend Dupont Heating & Air Conditioning to others.

Mario, one of the owners of Dupont Heating & Air Conditioning provided us with three quotes to supply and install three boilers. We wanted our new boiler installed three feet away from where the old one was. We understood through the emails, quotes and conversations with him that all related piping for proper boiler relocation was included in the numbers.

A week later, we signed a contract, still under the same assumption. The only vagueness was a line in the contract that says: "Moving of the boiler to be determined." There was no mention of a pending estimate for the moving of the boiler once determined. Again, we understood this to mean that the placement of it was to be determined, not the cost.

This is when things went downhill. From the moment we signed the contract to the installation, Mario was hard to reach. Our installation date was moved a week because his team “looked at the wrong week”. Yet another delay.
When the work finally began two weeks later, the new placement of the boiler was determined with the head installer and he completed the work. At no point did Mario or anyone on his team tell us there was an extra charge based on the decision. At no point did we doubt that our understanding of the contract was false. When the team returned to finish, my husband had to tell him he was missing the Low Water Valve (agreed to in the contract).
The job was completed and we paid in full. Two days later, Mario contacted us after not being in touch throughout the installation to tell us about an extra charge. He said that he mentioned there would be a charge, but my husband doesn’t recall this and there was no subsequent mention of any additional cost. Most importantly, before work was started, we should have been notified. Consumers have a right to an estimate before any work is done should it be outside of an agreed upon contract.
We hope this never happens to another customer again. All in all, we are extremely disappointed with our experience with Dupont Heating & Air Conditioning.

Don’t use them. And if you do use them, then make sure your contract is clear and you know about all hidden costs.

With respect to your comments, we were clear with our discussion that the cost of the boiler relocation could NOT be defined. It was discussed upon contract signing that the cost would be determined upon completion and not exceed $800. Your husband was understanding and at ease with the assurance on the contract it clearly states "boiler location to be determined with cost". We are sorry for your choice of interpretation. We feel we did our due diligence, regarding the delay of the job as we did offer you a free cleaning on the boiler.

Nicole

More about Dupont Heating & Air Conditioning Ltd

What We Do Ensure your heating system operates at peak efficiency with services from Dupont Heating & Air Conditioning. With over 40 years in the business, we provide competitive pricing and hands-on service for residential, commercial and industrial clients. We can handle small to large heating projects from home furnaces ...
Looking for Fireplaces pros in North York?