Wilkens Contracting Inc

Reviews for Wilkens Contracting Inc

SepSep in Hamilton
SepSep in Hamilton

Very Polite and Great Service

Our insurance company was very picky and asked us to get chimney metal liner installed. I called Wilkens to get a quote. They were very quick to respond and send someone. Even though I screwed up the schedule first time, they still came back another day I was home. The guy who came was super polite and nice. He inspected the chimney and gave us a quote but told us he wouldn't recommend it since it's an older house and the chimney is too narrow. He also told us that the code doesn't require us to install the liner.

We had to argue with our insurance about that and they even called Wilkens to confirm it and finally got it resolved. Wilkens didn't charge us for any of that and I am very grateful for their service.

I wouldn't hesitate to call them if we have any masonry work in the house.

Thank you very much for the great review and your business.

John in East York
John in East York

Pointing, waterproofing and fixing brickwork

With an old Victorian house, you get some erosion around the brick joints over time. You also get some crumbling where the brick meets the ground, allowing water to get into your basement. Allan came by from Wilkens and fixed all of the problems that we had identified and a few more that he noticed and we had not. He also repaired the brickwork around a new window installation that had left a ragged edge. We were very pleased with the work done and found Allan a pleasure to work with. You can certainly see why Wilkens come so highly recommended.

Stone Work in East York
Stone Work in East York

Repair of stone work on stairway and stairway walls

We want to take this opportunity to recognize the work that Bill Kittel, Wilkens Contracting Inc., completed on our stairway. We were (past work on exterior walls) and continue to be very impressed with the service that was delivered. Bill found creative solutions to the repairs on the stone facings that make it appear seamless with the existing material. He is pleasant to chat with and offered explanations to the work that he completed. Bill Kittel is very deserving of our recognition for a job well done.

Beautiful job - tuck pointing on old brick

The entire house was tuck pointed in a day. The brick was in poor shape with mortar missing in various spots especially below windows. Wilkens provided a quote and scheduled a date for the work. The job was done by Allan who was extremely detail oriented. He was able to complete all sides of the house to perfection. There is massive improvement in the look of the brickwork. The mortar was matched to the same color. I'd gladly recommend Wilkens to anyone looking for a fair priced honest contractor to have tuck pointing done on their home.

Thank You so much for your lovely review!! Wishing you a great summer and all the best. Maguite Wilkens

kelly w in North york
kelly w in North york

Bricking up AC hole

This is the third time we have used Wilkens. As usual, their work is fabulous. Jake went over and above by helping us remove an air conditioner and a mess of spray foam insulation in a hole left by the previous owner. Our house is over a hundred years old, so it's hard to match the brick exactly. He did such a fabulous job that you can barely tell there was ever a hole (it looks more visible in the picture because it's a bit dusty). If (when?) we need more masonry work, we will definitely use them again.

Hello Kelly, Please forgive our delay in thanking you for your very kind review!!! It has been busy which is very good!!! I will make sure to pass on your compliments to Jake. Have a great summer. Maguite Wilkens

Doug Parry from Toronto
Doug Parry from Toronto

Many Renovations

As a contractor, I look for sub-trades who are honest, highly skilled and reliable. Wilkens Contracting easily meets this criteria and often exceeds my expectations. I have engaged many of the Wilkens team over the years.
They have rebuilt fireplaces and chimney's for me. We have often worked together to add or modify window and door openings. Recently they bricked an addition for one of my clients.
Wilkens provides contractors and homeowners a level of professionalism and service that is hard to find in the world of renovation.

Thank You so much Doug, this is very helpful. Ernie says hello!!! Have a great season, Cordially, Maguite Wilkens

a very satisfied old geezer  in East York
a very satisfied old geezer in East York

old school skill and courtesy

We had Wilkens close and brick in an existing kitchen window to facilitate an extensive remodel.
They were prompt for the estimate appointment and obviously know their stuff.
I’m an old geezer my self and am not impressed by millennials who don’t get their hands dirty.
Bill is a true artesian and exceedingly good at his job. He even removed a lot of extra old bricks to get the line up right. He went as far as cutting about thirty bricks in half just for the aesthetic effect.
All of this hard work and detail on a side wall window that only I see ! I still go out the side of the house to sometimes just appreciate the craftsmanship involved.
May sound like overkill, but it is a work of art executed by a dying breed of skilled person that obviously takes pride in, what for most is a mundane job.
Just to top it off , he swept the dirt at the side of the house so that there would be no debris left.
Truly amazing and I for one really appreciate this level of dedication and work pride.
All of this in November at borderline freezing temperatures !

Thank you to the Wilkens family.

Thank you so much for taking the time to do this and your your kind words. We are always so very happy when our customers are satisfied. Have a lovely summer, Cordially Maguite Wilkens

walter in East york
walter in East york

Tuckpointing and repair of outside brickwork

We hired Wilkens to repair a deteriorating garage wall. Their quote seemed reasonable and competitive, and they were able to complete the work over three warmer days in the winter. Bill did an outstanding job. He was careful, conscientious and very careful about detail. We loved the result and have no hesitation in recommending these guys to others.

Walter

Hello Walter, thank you very much for taking the time to write a review. We are very happy when our customers are satisfied and we will definitely let Bill know that he got an other good review on Homestars. Cordially, Maguite Wilkens

Fireplace Opening Modification

We had an arched basement fireplace opening. We needed to square it and add lintel for support in order to create space for gas fireplace insert. Got a very competitive price. Bill did the modification and stayed late to get it done even though it was Halloween. All done in one day and on time in advance of install date for gas fireplace insert. We were very happy with the quality and value. Definitely recommend Wilkens. Very professional and pleasant to work with.

Hello, Please accept our apologies for not responding immediately to the very kind review. We are very happy when our customers are satisfied and will definitely let Bill know that you thought he did a good job. Cordially, Maguite Wilkens

Lynn in Toronto
Lynn in Toronto

Honest Honest Honest

I called Wilkens for an estimate on a chimney and a fireplace repair. I met Ernie, the owner. I felt comfortable with him and found him to be a true professional who goes the extra mile.

Bill meticulously repaired my fireplace flue and fixed a leak from my attic. He is a perfectionist and did a terrific job at a reasonable price. The other fireplace company told me I need a new flue-not!

Frank and his two sons came this week and replaced my chimney. They are very nice and did an outstanding job. My chimney looks fantastic. It blends in beautifully with my 1940 house.

Do not hesitate to hire Wilkens Contracting. You will not regret it. I am so relieved to get all this work done perfectly and at a fair price.

Hello Lynn, Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. We are so pleased when our customers are happy. I will pass on your kind words to all the guys. have a great summer. Maguite Wilkens

More about Wilkens Contracting Inc

Wilkens Contracting Inc. has provided personalized service to Toronto homeowners for over 30 years. Our specialties include tuckpointing, building & repairing chimneys, and building & repairing fireplaces. We also repair concrete, stone work, sidewalks, and wet basements. Our team of qualified trades people will assess your needs and carry out the job in a timely and thorough manner. We'll treat your home like it's our own.