Doctor Hardwood

154 Wicksteed Ave Toronto ON M4G 2B6

Reviews for Doctor Hardwood

Bob in Thornhill
Bob in Thornhill

Floor repair and refinishing done to perfection

Andy did a terrific job refinishing my main floor and matching old hardwood with newly installed wood. The work was impeccable. I would not hesitate to recommend Doctor Hardwood. He came with a three man team and finished well within schedule and within budget. No surprises.

Lorraine from Ajax
Lorraine from Ajax
1 review Ajax, ON

Installing Oak Hardwood in our Livingroom

We got Andy to install oak hardwood in our living room dining room and family room. He did an excellent job and showed great problem solving skills. The California sun shade shutters over our sliding glass door were not high enough and so he and Rick took them down and reinstalled them a bit higher so that they would clear the oak hardwood floor properly. Andy and his team have been in business for many years and come across as very confident and trustworthy and did excellent work. We are very happy with the beautiful floors that we now have.

dan lum from East York
dan lum from East York
4 reviews East York, ON

Refinished wood floors

I had some water damage to my family room wood floors due to a masonry project. I needed someone who can get the sanding and refinishing of the wood floors done quickly. I called on the Thursday, Andy from Dr Hardwood came Sat and Sun to complete the job. I will be giving him all my hardwood work in the future.He was prompt, fast and excellent workmanship. You would be a fool not to hire Dr Hardwood.

Nancy in Whitby
Nancy in Whitby
1 review Whitby, ON

Refinishing oak flooring

When I moved into my 70 year old house in Olde Whitby the original hardwood floors, which are throughout the main floor, except the bathroom, had no finish, having been worn away from years of use. Andy, Doctor Hardwood, came highly recommended by my real estate agent, someone who had previously recommended Andy to many clients.

When Andy came to give me a quote, we discussed various colours of stain and he gave me his recommendations. He even sanded a section of floor to show me how the proposed stain would look when completed.

Andy did an excellent job. He charged a reasonable, competitive price, did the job within the exact time promised and the floors look fabulous, better than I anticipated. He accommodated my request to have the floor finished in two parts, allowing me to move the furniture mid-job, despite it requiring extra time on his part. As well he offered to come back later to do touch ups if I scratch the floor in the future.

Bette in Toronto
Bette in Toronto

Parquet floor (40 years old!) refinishing

Doctor Hardwood was recommended by my new neighbour (I had just moved into their building). Andy was very knowledgeable and helped me through the stain selection processwith respect to white oak.. He and Ty, his very loyal and able assistant, worked hard to get the floor I wanted. Everything turned out beautifully and any minor issues were quickly looked after by Andy. I later employed him to install new extra high baseboards (very tricky in an old, uneven building). The result was terrific.

alison in davisville village
alison in davisville village

hardwood installation

Timing was crucial as we had 4 days between closings to do some renos. All estimates were similar and agreed that the amount of time available versus the square footage wouldn't be a problem, including Doctor Hardwood. We thought we'd support a local contractor. Big mistake. We realized there was an issue when the other contractors (painters, carpet...) felt it necessary to report just how little work Doctor Hardwood (Andy) actually did. Most of the work was done by his worker (Ty). Andy blamed a no-show worker on the time delay, however, the day before our actual move he decided to beat traffic and go home @ 2pm! Even Ty agreed that the work would have been in time if Andy wasn't so "lazy". To top it off, Andy was supposed to come back to finish off a threshold. It took several phone calls just to get a receipt for payment, so needless to say he never returned to address other details (threshold, cracks, gaps etc.)