City Home Granite Depot Inc.

486 Evans Ave, Unit 10 Toronto ON M8W 2T7

HomeStars  >  Countertops in Long Branch  >  City Home Granite Depot Inc.

Reviews for City Home Granite Depot Inc.

Ted from Mississauga

I can say that the granite vanity top with sink and back and side pieces along with several pieces for the shower were of good quality and well finished.
HOWEVER>>>>
Along with several other reviewers we did run into a problem - with the measurement of the vanity top. It came with an overhanging lip which was something Cathy had not mentioned to us. Installing it posed a problem with the length. When we brought this matter to her attention, she immediately became totally defensive and argumentative and impugned our contractor's competence. There seemed to be no middle ground. Any deficiency had to be our fault - end of story. Any problem is the customers fault and their problem - not hers. Well our contractor was able to overcome the shortcomings since he's more than competent.
I would not recommend City Home Granite because I would not want any acquaintance to be subjected to this kind of negative reaction!!

Mei from Toronto

City Home was recommended by our contractor and Cathy gave us a good price. Overall, customer service was excellent and Cathy was always prompt when returning emails. The install itself went by fairly quickly and without issue. The only thing was we noticed minor chips and a scratch after the fact, but in the end we're pretty satisfied.

Lily from Toronto

Thank you so much for our wonderful kitchen. 'Awesome' is the word that best describes the results. They are very professional and courteous. We would highly recommend this company to anyone looking to have this done.

Suwan from Brampton

I went with City Home Granite because they were an authorized Caesarstone dealer and they were well priced. I am a very cautious and educated consumer, hence why I may drive retailers a little crazy. But if I am going to spend thousands of dollars, I have to be sure I get what I want and what I paid for. Cathy was patient and helpful through my whole decision period and even after she had my business she continued to quickly answer all my inquiries, even about soap dispensers I was buying elsewhere. She advised against a higher backsplash but I insisted and I hate to say it but she was right. But the counter is still beautiful. The installers were great-even though they had to spend extra time cutting and levelling my cabinets until it was suitable-and they weren't grumpy about it. I appreciate that I can hardly see the seams in my white countertops. I had a great experience with this fabricator and I would highly recommend them.

Cally Holden from Toronto
2 reviews Old Toronto, ON

We were referred by our neighbour to City HomeGranite. Our walls are off quite a bit and the installers Brian, Kris and Dennis took extra time to make the countertops to fit perfectly. It was such an pleasant experience in dealing with such professional and organized company. I would use their service again.

charlene from Mississauga

I used City Home Granite Depot Inc. mainly because of the price point was very good. The person I dealt with was original helpful but when I noticed there was a chip in the quartz counter after installation Cathy became very argumentative and said I already gave her a good deal. I would have felt better about the job if she would have offered to inspect the job and compensated me for the mishap. Also, I chose the sink and half, but after the installation was done, I find that the sink is too close to the wall and makes for awkward washing of the dishes. As she is in the business she should have pointed this out before they cut the quartz for the sink.

Diane Houston from Toronto
1 review Old Toronto, ON

City Home Granite installed quartz for our kitchen at a very very reasonable price compared with other granite places I contacted for quotes. As a very budget-conscious person, I realized that if I wanted quality that includes product, service, and support so I would need to spend a little more. Cindy gave me a quick response with straightforward pricing that falls within my budget. I went over to their showroom and I was impressed by the selection of quartz they have.

The whole company is very well organized, and every thing is communicated along the way. The installers arrived on time as scheduled. The Installers did a great job and they were friendly, professional, and they CLEANED after themselves. . By the time they finished, my husband came home, and when he saw the kitchen, the first thing coming out of his mouth was “wow”. Our kitchen looks INCREDIBLE and the "seam" that everyone worries about so much, is barely visible unless you are looking for it.

In conclusion, let these guys give you an estimate before you go with another shop. If you find a cheaper solution, you get what you pay for.
City Home Granite was reasonable, and we are very happy with their service. I would definitely recommend them to my family and friends. Thanks for the wondeful job!!

Elaine K from Toronto
2 reviews Old Toronto, ON

I ordered "pre-fabricated" pieces, which is pre cut blocks that they try to match to the shape I needed. So I have 2 seams. It would have been more expensive if I got a custom piece with no seams. The colour/type is called Black Galaxy and I am very happy with my purchase (2007)

Cathy  from Etobicoke
3 reviews Etobicoke, ON

Excellent customer service, wonderful staff, good workmanship, organized, punctual. However in the end a client wants to receive a product of quality that is none defective. I received my white quartz countertop with 3 major ink looking like marks in very visable location by the sink, they stand out like a sore thumb, everyone notices them, there is no way of covering it up because of the location and quartz cant be fixed. They said nothing can be done, and warrenty only covers stains/inperfections that are a dime size or bigger (yes you heard me right, dime size) I checked many companies warrenties and they are very similar. My advice is, you ask to see the actual stone prior to it being cut for you and check every single inch for any damage, stains, inconsistencies, especially if it is a solid colour quartz (Imprefections in colourful granite you cannot see) Do not (as most people do) pick your stone from a sample and companies will assure you that it will look like this with natural variences only. What I recieved is not a natural varience, the stone is defective due to a poor manufacturing process. I am very dissapointed that they delivered the product to my home, especially since I picked a more expensive stone to get highest quality, and paid one third more. I am very dissapionted, I did not expect that this kind of defective stone to be delivered to my home and no solution was offered to me by City Home Granite that could fix the problem and if not they should have offered to replace it. Instead I got "this is just the way it is". Very disappointed.

Pat from Etobicoke
1 review Etobicoke, ON

.We would like to express our deep appreciation to City Home Granite Depot for the excellent job done on the quartz countertops for our kitchen. They took extra time to make the seams are hidden and so tight they are unnoticeable. They did an outstanding job installing and did a great job cleaning up. The countertops turned out beautiful and really enhances the look. The team was professional, knowledgeable and friendly. We are extremely satisfied and highly recommend calling them for any countertop needs.

Job Price

More about City Home Granite Depot Inc.