Alexanian Carpet & Flooring

1855 Dundas St. East Mississauga ON L4X 1M1
HomeStars  >  Carpet & Rug Retailers in Mississauga  >  Alexanian Carpet & Flooring

Reviews for Alexanian Carpet & Flooring

Uriah McCann from Ottawa
3 reviews Ottawa, ON

After lots of research and visiting various carpet stores and big retailers and not finding what we wanted or good service. Stopped into Alexanian Carpet and Flooring on Merivale and was greeted by Adel Hassoun who knew his products and quickly identified a couple good options based on our price range and gave a few recommendations. My wife liked a color pattern which he wasn't able to immediately get availability on (due to late in the day on the weekend) however he said no problem I will find out tomorrow (his day off) and let you know. He called me as he told me said he had found a roll and would be able to have it installed before the holidays. The installers knocked the job out in a day over 1000sq ft and two large spiral staircases. The finished job looks amazing and the quality of the carpet and underlay that Adel recommended is exactly as he described.

Hi Uriah
Thank you for your kind review of Adel and the installers at our Merivale location. We are glad you made the trip into our store and it comes as no surprise that Adel was able to make it work ... he's a great guy:) Enjoy your new carpeting and we wish you and your wife all the best in 2017. Happy New Year!! Sincerely, Wendy Alexanian

Ian in Ottawa
1 review Ottawa, ON

Very impressed with Alexanian. 4 years ago, we purchased a Mannington Adura floor from them. 3 1/2 years later, some “craters” appeared in a couple of places at joints, not a lot, but it was clear this was going to spread. I figured I’d buy a replacement floor and install it myself to save money but our designer, whom I had consulted about colour, insisted on contacting Alexanian. I was skeptical. Ed Giancola of Alexanian accepted my photos of the damage and made an appeal to Mannington for replacement under the warrantee. It was refused. I gave up, but Ed at Alexanian did not. He came to our place, examined uninstalled tiles, determined the cause and took a sample which he sent to Mannington with an appeal of the first decision. Mannington this time agreed to pay for a replacement and installation. I would have given up long before, but Ed was persistent with Mannington (and he was right about the cause being due to a defect, something I missed entirely though I like to think I’m handy). I am very grateful to Ed and to Alexanian for being persistent in going to bat for their client. Additionally, this time Alexanian’s installers did the job, a much better job than my contractor’s installer did the first time, more attention to detail, no damage to baseboards, careful work, very friendly guys. There was a lot more value to having purchased from Alexanian than I realized when I first made the purchase as part of a larger renovation. Thank you, Ed! Thank you, Alexanian!

Good morning Ian, Thank you for taking the time to post a review, and your rave review of Ed. Ed is a true professional, and definitely knows flooring. We are happy to hear that he was able to work with Mannington to help resolve your tile problem. I will be sure to pass along your comments to both Ed and his team of amazing installers. Thanks again and we hope you enjoy your now "perfect" flooring:) Sincerely, Wendy Alexanian

emcmanus66
1 review Burlington, ON

Alexanians did an amazing job installing the laminate floors in my livingroom/diningroom area, and 2 bedrooms (including closets)...it was very professionally done by an excellent experienced installer...I am very pleased with the job....and love the floors I chose...

I was very happy with the salesperson I dealt with, Val Alkhani....great personality and knowledge of the product...and also obtained further help and important information from the top of the scale Customer Service Manager, Ken Matpan.....

I will recommend Alexanians without a doubt.....

Thank you for your review!! We're happy to hear that you had such a great experience with Val, Ken and the installer at our Burlington location. I will be sure to pass along your kind words, and we really appreciate you taking the time to post your comments. Enjoy your new laminate flooring, I'm sure it looks beautiful;) Sincerely, Wendy Alexanian

hdurno
1 review Oshawa, ON

I recently went into Alexanian Carpet in Whitby searching for an area rug. I had looked at many decor websites and found designs I liked, but wanted to be able to actually see the colours and touch the carpet. I had already visited most carpet stores in the area, but couldn't find anything I liked. I was very happy to see the huge selection at Alexanian's and all of the sales staff were very attentive and pleasant. I ended up working with Aaron, who was very knowledgeable, patiently answered all my questions, and went out of his way to help me finally make a selection at a very good price. He then came to my home to take measurements for a stair runner to match the area rug I chose, and made all the arrangements for installation. The installers were prompt, pleasant, did a beautiful job on the stairs, and took all wrappings with them when they left. I couldn't be happier with the experience I had and, best of all, I love the quality of my beautiful Karastan carpeting. Thank you Aaron and all the staff at Alexanian's! Your service matches the quality of your carpets!

Hello, We are so pleased that you had such a great experience at Alexanian's Whitby location. Aaron and the rest of the Whitby crew will be thrilled to read your review. Thank you!! Our staff take great pride in their work and this recognition means a great deal. Your home sounds lovely and I'm sure your new rug and staircase carpeting look beautiful. Enjoy your space and thank you once again. Sincerely, Wendy Alexanian

lanna h.
1 review Whitby, ON

Aaron Bakirci served us. He helped us with the sizing and selection of a rug for our new home. Aaron answered our questions and advised us regarding underpadding. He also gave us a good deal on our purchase. We are very pleased with our experience at Alexanian's.

Hello Lanna, Thank you for taking the time to post your kind review of Aaron at our Whitby location. We hope you are enjoying both your new home and the area rug. I will be sure to pass along your comments to Aaron, and thank you once again:) All the best, Wendy Alexanian

Stephanie D.
1 review Whitby, ON

Aaron did a great job helping us decide on what we wanted for our new stairs. The installation was great and they adjusted the timeline when our renovations were behind schedule.

Thanks Stephanie for posting your review. We're glad Aaron was such a help and we were able to accommodate your reno timeline. Enjoy your new runner:) If you are interested please send along some photos to Aaron, we would love to see your new space!! Many thanks, Wendy Alexanian

ALBERT

Aaron from the Whitby store was great to work with since he was available to answer my questions right from the start. He was very knowledgeable with products from floors to window coverings as well as the procedure for installation. I felt comfortable working with him and would work with him on future projects.
I would give the Installation Team a lower mark as there were minor inconsistencies with their work. Overall, I am happy with the product and installation overall.

Hello Albert, We are happy to hear that you had a great experience with Aaron at our Whitby location. Thank you for taking the time to post your review, and I'm sure you must be enjoying your new wide plank hardwood...just in time for the holiday season:) I will be sure to pass along your kind comments to Aaron and our Whitby crew, and we look forward to helping you again! Sincerely, Wendy Alexanian

What a pleasure to deal with the Alexanian store in Mississauga. From the time I entered the store until I left , I felt very comfortable with the expertise and knowledge provided by Kaz Baginski. In addition , I was impressed with the great follow up provided, as never once did I have to contact Kaz, he called me. I am also very pleased with the installation of the flooring by Mustafa and Naveed; very professional , looks wonderful, and is even better than expected. Without question, I would never hesitate to provide the best reference ever, and when I have more work to do, this is where I will come. Thank you for your superior service , delivering what was expected, and exceeding my expectations.

Thank you for posting this glowing review of Kaz, the Mississauga East store and installers Mustafa and Naveed. Service is extremely important to all of us at Alexanian's and it is such a pleasure to read your thoughtful words. I will be sure to pass along your kind comments. We hope you enjoy your new hardwood flooring and look forward to helping you again in the future. Sincerely, Wendy Alexanian

Anonymous
1 review Hamilton, ON

Carlos from Alexanian's was very polite and did an excellent job. I would have no problems recommending Carlos

Thank you so very much for taking the time to post a review, and your kind words about Carlos. We appreciate any recommendations and hope to help you again in the future. Sincerely, Wendy Alexanian

S J Easthope from Burlington
3 reviews Burlington, ON

My wife and I needed to replace the hall and kitchen vinyl flooring as the existing was at least 20years old and quite slippery which caused our dog to fall a number of times. We approached Garry of Alexanian Carpets who was very helpful and he recommended a stone effect vinyl which felt to the touch to have some non slip properties. He also recommended the grade appropriate to our use. He followed up with a visit to the house to verify the dimensions and other details for the installation.
Dave, the flooring installer, arrived on the date and time previously arranged and took 2 full days to complete the installation. He was absolutely meticulous in every part of the process and the finished installation could not have been better.
Attached are some photos of the finished installation.

Hello S J Easthope, On behalf of Garry, Dave and the rest of our Burlington store crew...thank you! We are thrilled that both you ...and your dog;) are happy with the new vinyl flooring. Thank you for attaching your photos, we love to see "after" shots. Sincerely, Wendy Alexanian

More about Alexanian Carpet & Flooring

Alexanian Carpet and Flooring is a family owned business founded by Aris Alexanian in 1925 in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada. Today, Alexanian Carpet and Flooring has 17 locations in 12 cities throughout Ontario along with our online store. We have serviced every Canadian Province and Territory as well as many US states.

Carpet & Rug Retailers, Floor Retailers, Shutters & Blinds, Carpet Installers, and Floor Laying & Refinishing
Hand-Knotted Persian and Oriental Rugs, Machine-Made Area Rugs, Sisal, Seagrass, Custom Rugs, Slate, Ceramic, Marble, Granite, Hardwood, Bamboo, Cork, Laminate, Vinyl, Wall to Wall Carpet, Hunter Douglas Window Coverings.
Professional Services Include: In-Home Carpet and Upholstery Cleaning, Area Rug and Oriental Rug Cleaning, Tile and Grout Cleaning, Rug Binding, Fringing, Repair and Restoration Services, Floor and Tile laying, Carpet Installation, Custom Made Area Rugs, Window Covering Installation, Free Shop At Home Service.
Mannington, Lauzon, Kahrs, Philadelphia, Mohawk, Stainmaster, Masland, Cabin Craft, Fabrica, Shaw, Tuftex, Scotchgard, Wunda Weave, Kathy Ireland, Godfrey Hurst, Teragren, Solida, Columbia, Wilsonart, Dal Tile, Congoleum, Marmoleum, Borealis, Sarana, Twelve Oaks, Nourison, Karastan, Jaipur, Hellenic.
Alexanian's offers all styles, textures and colour variations in our flooring. Ranging from the most traditional through to transitional and contemporary styles, we carry a vast array of rug and flooring choices.
Alexanian's offers unique rugs from around the world, a huge selection of carpet and flooring styles and full service installation. Our impeccable service and customer care is Alexanian's specialty!
1925