Airplus Heating And Cooling Inc

40 Shields Court, Unit 102 Markham ON L3R 0M5.
HomeStars  >  Heating & Air Conditioning in Toronto  >  Airplus Heating And Cooling Inc

Reviews for Airplus Heating And Cooling Inc

Lori in Pickering
1 review Ajax, ON

Not happy with the level of service at all. I left a message on a weekend and never received a call back at all. Second try the following week and they finally responded and sent a technician who checked one hose and nothing else, barely cleaned it (he squeezed some debris out but did not thoroughly clean it all out)...it subsequently failed again and I had to hire another company to do it right. I won't be calling them ever again. Waste of money.

Do not use this company!!!
Does not stand behind there product, service or warranty.
I had a boiler and water installed in Dec 2014 with 5years parts and labour warranty. It was recommend from Dave (sales) and the owner Bill. I have had issues from day one. The boiler was not installed correctly with inadequate ventilation provide to both the boiler and water. This affects the reliablity, efficiency and could be hazardous by depleting the oxygen. I called a another company to have a certifications for the unit. It failed to meet the requirements and was flagged until repaired.
I payed for this out of my own pocket. Approx $350. Again when I turned on the boiler this season, it would not fire. I called Airplus for the issue I was told they could only come in a couple days( good thing in isn't the middle of winter) the day of the appointment. They canceled saying the tech was in the hospital and mentioned she unsure of my warranty and would cost me out of pocket. The next i provided info such as bill of sales, proposal agreement and other info they apparently didn't have. I didn't receive any response so I contacted them again. I was basically told because I didn't do my certification through them my warranty is null and void and that any work would be at a 175$ per hour. I have reported them to the BBB and am awaiting a response. I will never use them again!

No this is not accurate. You have a commercial building, where our company installed a Slant Fin boiler, at your request in 2014, as we had suggested a high efficiency boiler system. Your commercial property is covered by a parts and labour repair warranty for five years - part of the responsibility as a commercial unit client, is that you engage in regular periodic maintenance. AirPlus does not charge for repair work, but we do charge a single $175 fee for commercial clients who are not on a maintenance plan. We had arranged for a third party expert to review your system at no cost to you, but you are making this difficult to schedule. Sincerely, AirPlus Customer Service.

Vincent
2 reviews Richmond Hill, ON

My Carrier furnace bought from Airplus is not working , called Airplus and they send a technician to repair it. He came, do some checking, charged me $125 diagnosis fee and later reported that the furnace blower motor was dead and need to be replaced, quoted $2600 for the motor replacement and also suggest to replace the whole furnace for $4100. Luckily my friend recommended a technician whom she used before to come, he checked the furnace and found that it is not the motor problem, it is actually a component on the motor control board which is dead, he take the controller board out, replace the component and the furnace work fine again, charge me only $350 for the repair work. So don't trust so call diagnosis, always get a second opinion.

We are glad you found a solution. Our technician did suggest a new unit, as the current rebate program would have lowered your cost of a new furnace by over $2200 meaning that a new furnace would only cost about $1900, AND the energy efficiency improvements from a new furnace would give you as much as $500 annual reduction in your utility bills. Anyway, good luck and we are happy that you have found a solution to you liking!

eyeglass2 in Toronto

What a great company to deal with. The owner Bill was very attentive to all my concerns and so were the HVAC techs.
Awesome work from Kuname(not sure of spelling) and Omar. They were courteous. knowledgeable and punctual. I would use them again and again.

Ian

Satisfied i.

Arrived on time. Explained what parts needed to be cleaned to maintain efficiency. Charged what was originally quoted.

Thank you!

happy c.

Fantastic work! Everything is working great and they took good care of the machine. I am very happy with them!

Thank you!

Gautam and Seema from Mississauga

We received very good service from Airplus from sales, customer service and installation. Bill Watson provided a reasonable and fair price for the hi recovery hot water heater that we were looking for. We had excellent customer service from Claudia throughout the process from sales to installation. The technicians - Kwame and Joseph were very polite and provided hastle free installation during extreme cold weather and snow storm. They installed the vent without cutting open our drywall (as suggested by other companies) even though it involved a lot more hard work in the extreme cold weather. The hot water tank is working fine. We would recommended Airplus to our friends and family.

Thank you! We love it when we can help our clients!

Vincent C from Markham

I contacted Air Plus Heating and Cooling Inc. at 5:45Pm and a representative was here by 6:30 pm that evening. Kwame is the rep who fixed our non-heating furnace. Very pleasant to deal with as was the office manager, Claudia. I can't thank them enough for their friendly, reasonable and prompt service with a full detailed explanation which they so willingly provided. I would definitely recommend their services. Great company to deal with.

Thank you Vincent - we really appreciate your comments!

Airplus settled our dispute over an incorrectly made custom part by charging our credit card without authorization for the full invoice without keeping their commitment to correcting the custom part. People keep hitting their heads on this ductwork placed way too low right over a light switch. Unbelievable.

Review has 2 previous versions

We tried very hard to accommodate your requests and work with your schedule. It is our objective to exceed the expectations of our customers, and we regret not be able to meet yours. We have used your file as a case study in both our Customer Service and Operations teams in the hope that we will avoid service and delivery gaps in the future.

AirPlus installed a new furnace, Air Conditioner and Tankless Water Heater in our home, they asked us to post a review and we are glad to comply. I saw some great reviews here and in other places, and some not so great so we weren't sure at first that we wanted to choose AirPlus, but after we met Catherine and Kwame during the inspections at our house we knew we had made the best decision. We spent over $10k on new equipment and we wanted to make sure we were getting good value for our money. First, Catherine came to our house to discuss our options. She is very nice, and spent alot of time with us selecting the right furnace and ac for our home, giving us good advice on rebates and cost savings. There were salesmen from other companies that were very pushy and and rude, but Catherine gave us great information and let us make our decision on our own time.

When it came to scheduling and completing the work, Kwame and his team were very good at letting us know just how long it would take to complete the work ( 1 and 1/2 days) so that we could plan our activities considering we weren't going to have hot water while the work was being done! The team was clean, and polite. They did their work and didn't bother us while we were home. The quality of the work was really good, and our furnace room and area outside in our alleyway was cleaned and swept. The crew left the manuals and start-up checklist for us.
The systems worked as promised, we had cool air, and hot water when we needed it.

One week later, Catherine stopped by to inspect the work, and drop off paperwork for our OPA rebates and the Warranties and AirPlus guarantee. I really appreciated the follow up, especially considering that she came in the evening to fit our schedule as we both work during the day.

Over all I was really impressed with how the whole process went with AirPlus and am glad to give them a positive recommendation.

Thank you for this wonderful review! We are glad that we were able to meet your needs and expectations. Kwame and Catherine are delighted to hear how they have helped you.

More about Airplus Heating And Cooling Inc

Airplus is Canada's leading provider of Home Comfort and Healthy Air Solutions. For over 25 years we have been delighting customers with professional heating, cooling, hot water and indoor air quality. We are a Trane dealer, and are specialists in boilers and hydronics. HRAI, TSSA, A+ BBB, and we offer Air Miles. Airplus - Live Healthy, Live Better.
Some products that we deal with are Furnace, Central Air Conditioner, Boilers, Hot Water Tanks, Tankless Water Heaters, Ductless Mini-Splits, Ductless Air Conditioners, Thermostats, Humidifiers, Air Filters, Air Purifiers, Heat Pumps,Radiators,Gas Lines,Duct Cleaning, Indoor Air Quality, Furnace Filters.