A1 Air Conditioning & Heating

Reviews for A1 Air Conditioning & Heating

Peter in Toronto
Peter in Toronto

SuperDeal Protection not so Super on long weekend

We called for emergency service Saturday morning of the Family Day long weekend. A technician made a visit and determined we need a new gas valve, but he did have one in his van. Therefore we would need to wait until Tuesday when the company opened for business before another technician would be sent out to resolve the issue. This is what happened, consequently we were with any heat for three days, its not what I expected from the SuperDeal protection package which I've been paying into for over ten years.
I guess paying a store man to be on call is too expensive for Mr. Messenger to absorb, maybe he'd care to comment

Hilary
Hilary
2 reviews Old Toronto, ON

Heat Pump - cutting through the mystery - A1 is Top Drawer for sure

A1 was referred to me by a friend who was pleased and impressed by A1, I got in touch with her contact.

The Salesman was incredible: friendly, professional and demystifying. He explained how Heat Pumps work and the key calculations necessary based on my house - notably duct capacity and right sizing the solutions for both the indoor and outdoor units.
He even showed me the NEEP (Northeast Energy Experience Partnership) site which has "over two-dozen manufacturers of leading high-performing cold climate ASHPs have chosen to list their products on NEEP's list." Another unit I'd been quoted for was there and we ran the calculations - full transparency confirmed my situation warranted a hybrid with gas solution.
The representative drew me a graph of outdoor temperatures - for heat or cool - showing when the backup would kick in - in other words when the fossil fuel would have to take over. The expectation is 70% clean.
While I already have a furnace room, the outdoor unit needed to be placed. There was a super-easy spot however it encroached on space I share with my neighbour and we landed on a spot which was better for me where the installing team would have to do more work. Not a problem.
Lead time for installation was easy - he said he needed 48hours and it would take a day so I picked the day in the following week.
The 3 man install team arrived a little early on Wednesday morning and were respectfully and quietly waiting outside until I waved them in.
Really good crew, very professional and down to business - they worked well and quietly together - which was nice as I was in the house. Turns out, even with the added work, they finished a smidge early, so essentially 8am-345pm and cleaned up well.
There were a couple of small things I went back to my salesperson for. He as well as the CX & Business Development Manager were all over the issues and lightning fast to respond - even though it was after hours. People were sent out the next day and problem solved so fast. The problem turned out to be such a small thing (my fault actually) I was afraid the technician would be grumpy, Not at all grumpy he was so kind, cheerful and competent - said the favourite part of his job was meeting the customers - he thanked me!

I had had different Heat Pump providers come to the house & quote and, as my neighbour put it, it's the Wild West out there. I'm so relieved and happy to have gone with the A1 team. They've been in business over 50 years, have so much experience and so focused on their clients. I feel A1 really knows their business and going above and beyond is just what they do.

Steven C. in North york
Steven C. in North york
3 reviews North York, ON

Skilled, professional, courteous, and thorough

We had A1 install a gas furnace, AC, and a gas water heater (replacing a rental unit). TL;DR, we are very happy with the service and hardware we received, and would like to especially call-out the skill, professionalism, and thoroughness of our sales rep, Andrew, and the install team, Brad and Deron.

Andrew took the time to review various aspects, such as personal preferences, and hardware and installation options. He identified possible issues (i.e., regarding a finished basement with limited venting options and an old electrical panel), and solutions to those issues. He made detailed notes, and took photos and videos to share with the install crew (more on this later).

A1 has an online portal for presenting and reviewing proposals, and this made it very easy to review and compare options and specifications.

On installation day, Brad and Deron literally rolled out the red carpet for us -- a thick (red) tarp to protect our floors. They arrived around 8:30am, and were finished by 4:30. They had reviewed Andrew's notes, photos, and videos, so they were prepared and got started immediately. There were no unpleasant surprises. They were polite, respectful, happy, neat, and tidy.

They replaced the water heater first, so we would have hot water as soon as possible. We didn't even have to ask! They even took care of returning the rental tank to the company, saving us a $75 pick-up fee. It was these courtesies and considerations that really stood out. Brad also relocated the electrical shutoff switch for the furnace and blower, so that it was more easily accessible for my elderly parents. Again, we didn't have to ask, and this was a very welcomed change.

The install ended with the install team showing us the features of our new systems, and how they worked. The team's work was excellent, and they were deservedly very proud of it. We highly recommend the professionals at A1.

Mpty in Kingston
Mpty in Kingston

Teo is my service technician

Teo is my service advisor for the last few years. He is efficient, intelligent, informative, and excellent.
He is always prompt. My home is serviced by A1 for both heating and air conditioning.

Teo always explains what and why he is doing what has to be done. He is friendly, and I feel very trustworthy.

A1 air conditioning treats my like Im a VIP client. Whenever I call for service they try and always accommodate my time frame for service. I feel confident using them.

Paul in Toronto
Paul in Toronto

Professionalism and Attention to Detail

After sourcing a handful of quotes, A1 stood above the rest. My sales rep Chris spent a lot of time and energy explaining all of the details that mattered over email. Nothing was rushed, everything was thoughtful, and earning my trust was his primary concern. That shone through and after some price negotiation we went ahead with the project.

We installed a new furnace, AC unit, and hot water tank as part of a full basement renovation in a 110 year old Danforth home. It required the relocation of the HVAC hardware to a new position in the back of the basement.

The installation crew was downright awesome, and took time each day to tidy the space, and connect with me personally to answer any of my questions. The neatness of the installation and custom ductwork blew me away, and the units themselves are whisper quiet!

TL;DR- You get what you pay for, and this HVAC team is worth the investment.

Chris in Burlington
Chris in Burlington
3 reviews Burlington, ON

Air Conditioner and Furnace Replacement

If you're considering a new furnace and/or AC, based on our experience, A1 should be your choice. The professionalism and attention to detail in both the sales and installation process is second to none.

We selected a variable speed furnace and AC and are blown away by the quality of this equipment. We dont hear the furnace, the AC (standing beside it - you can barely tell it is running) and the house is now maintained at an even temperature throughout.

The attention to detail during the installation, available 15 year extended parts/labour/service protection plan cost, and quality of equipment provide for excellent peace of mind.

Shirley P.
Shirley P.

Air conditioner replacement

We were very impressed!! When our old air conditioner broke down we called A1 Air Conditioning & Heating for a quote. From start to finish our experience was “A1”. The visit from Jeff to explain what was available price wise and the amazing job done by Brian and Ryan, who came the following day to install our new air conditioner. We are very pleased and would highly recommend this company.

joythomasc in Mississauga, Ontario CANADA
joythomasc in Mississauga, Ontario CANADA

New AC and Furnace Installation

They did an amazing job. Very professional job. Came on time and finished on time.
Fareed was a real professional. It took them whole day since it was a big job since they were replacing my A/C unit as well as the furnace.
After the installation, they tested both Cooling as well as the heating and confirmed working.
I really recommend them.

Tuan from Milton
Tuan from Milton
5 reviews Milton, ON

Complex installation of furnace, ac, and tabkless water heater

My wife and I had just purchased an older home that had an oil furnace, older water heater, and no AC. We were anxious about hiring the right company to do this major work, as it would represent an important and expensive investment in our new home.

Andrew was phenomenal throughout the entire process. He worked accommodated our schedule so he could be there during one of our visits before we took possession. He did a phenomenal job explaining the systems to us, and never tried to upsell us on anything we didn't need. He helped us pick an appropriate Propane Furnace, Tankless water heater, and air conditioner for our home.

However, what really impressed us about Andrew was his insight on the efficient placement of our new HVAC systems to maximize space in our basement. He had wonderful ideas about the install, and more importantly, he delivered on every single one. He took charge of this complex installation, and went above and beyond for us. He coordinated electrical work, duct work, oil tank removal, and even worked with our water filtration company to coordinate the placement of their items in the new utility room.

He took care of every concern we had and took charge coordinating everything so we could focus on the move. As this entire process was brand new to us, we had many questions, which he always answered promptly. He even managed to get the oil removal company to leave the tank for us so we could sell it.

The installation team was incredible as well. Rob and Gage showed up on time and worked incredibly hard each day to get the job done. They bent over backwards to help us coordinate the install with our Propane company and were professional, friendly, and approachable. They took the time to explain the systems to us afterwards, and we had absolute confidence in their professionalism and ability.

Everyone we have met from A1 has been courteous, professional, and passionate. We owe A1 and their team a great deal. They made the entire process incredibly stress free, and our home is much more comfortable thanks to them!

S.B.
S.B.

Costly 15 minutes

I called A1 to service my 1 year old multi unit heat pump. The technician arrived, stated that the unit can't be repaired unless the whole system was substituted, that he never saw concealed ducted mini-splits and left. The visit lasted 15 minutes.

After 2 minutes he came back saying he was instructed to charge for the visit. While I want to underline that the technician was very nice and professional, I have to say that I'm extremely upset to pay $192.10 for the service I received and the time that was spent at my place. Especially considering that on the booking call I specified the system I have. I respect that you don't want to touch it, but you shouldn't have charged me for that, and you know it.

So yeah, beware if you call them. I certainly won't if in the end I really have to change the whole system.

More about A1 Air Conditioning & Heating

A1 Air Conditioning & Heating has been designing and installing commercial and residential heating and air conditioning home comfort systems for over 50 years. A1 is a proud Daikin Comfort Pro preferred dealer. Daikin Comfort pros are the most well-recognized HVAC mechanics in the world. Also, Daikin is the largest ...
Looking for Heating & Air Conditioning pros in Mississauga?