A1 Air Conditioning & Heating

Dave L.
Dave L.
6 reviews Burlington, ON

Friendly, professional service.

Kyle, the Technician was on time, neat, friendly, and very professional. He provided me with options regarding the service we needed and answered all of my questions. I would not hesitate to contact A1 again.

Ed Collis from Burlington
Ed Collis from Burlington
6 reviews Burlington, ON

Instant (almost) Action

Sunday night I returned home and noticed that the house was cold. I checked the thermostat and it was set at 22C, but the temperature was 14C. Something was wrong, so I checked the furnace. The pilot light was out and I could not re-light it. At 5:15 PM I phoned their repair centre. Within 10 minutes, Kyle phoned me back and promised that he would arrive around 7:00PM. At 7:30 PM Kyle showed up and quickly determined that the thermocouple was not working. Fortunately he had one in his truck which he immediately installed. The furnace fired up and all was well.

I then asked if he could install a digital thermostat in place of my old analog unit that was probably older than him. Once again, no problem as he had one in his truck. The installed cost of the new unit was $275 which I felt was reasonable.

Kyle was a real gentleman and a pleasure to work with.

Would I use A1 Air Conditioning again? Absolutely. They are my regular heating maintenance provider and I am very happy with them.

Russ in Brampton
Russ in Brampton

New Furnace and Air Conditioner

This is the third time my family has dealt with A1 over the last 30 years.

No high pressure sales yet offered competitive pricing. Installation team was timely, considerate and most importantly, did an excellent and neat job installing the equipment in tight quarters in an older home.

Being an engineer and having actually helped a friend install a gas furnace, I have an idea of what it all entails.

New equipment is so much quieter than the existing and I hope the quality matches that of the workmanship.

Danial in Toronto
Danial in Toronto

Remove and Install water heater

Removed, installed, and returned water heater to rental company. Laid protective mats on floor. Caused no damage to walls during removal. Answered all questions pertaining to operation of water heater. Have and will again use A1 for our future heating and cooling needs.

v.
v.

Duct cleaning

We have been clients of A1 for heating and air conditioning for years but I just discovered they do duct cleaning too. A very pleasant man came and did the work with great efficiency and leaving no mess at all. He showed me that the previous times it had not been done as completely as they would do it. I now feel that for the first time in decades there is more chance for clean air within the house.

AMoore in Hamilton
AMoore in Hamilton
1 review Hamilton, ON

Installation of Ductless Air Conditioners and Central AC unit

I am very satisfied with the service that I received from this company for the installation of a standard central AC unit for a triplex rental unit and for the installation of ductless AC units into a 3 story century home heated by radiators. The sales manager was very knowledgeable and experienced, responded to my questions thoroughly, customized the installation to meet my needs, and did not try to oversell me. The installation crew were polite and efficient and the sales manager followed up to make sure that everything was done well. A small accident happened during the installation and something broke and it was replaced promptly. The units are functioning very well. I highly
recommend this company.

Private User reviews Burlington, ON

Second opinion on cracked heat exchanger

I called A1 for a second opinion on a cracked heat exchanger diagnosis by another company that I called for a service on my furnace. The technician found that my furnace had been incorrectly set up previously as 1 stage when the furnace is in fact a 2 stage furnace and also found that the wiring setup for my Nest was not correct either and that there was no other issue with the furnace. The technician was there for more than 1 hour and the cost was still only about half what the other company I called charged me for less than 1 hour of the technician being there.

Denise in Oakville
Denise in Oakville

A/C Repair

I would never recommend this company for any sort of A/C repair. I had an issue with my unit that was not cooling to its full capacity. Although A1 was quick to send out a technician and charge the diagnostic service call. They will also quick to say I had to pay extra $300 to have additional testing done on the unit once there were at my home. In the end, they sprayed the condenser coils with water and left. My unit is still functioning poorly with no resolution as to what is wrong with it.

Travis in Oakville
Travis in Oakville

Air Conditioning Repair

My air conditioner stopped working. Decided to try A1 and they came the same day and repaired my air conditioner. The prices were reasonable and the service was fast and professional. We couldn't have asked for better. Will definitely use them again the next time we need service or repair.

More about A1 Air Conditioning & Heating

A1 Air Conditioning & Heating has been designing and installing commercial and residential heating and air conditioning home comfort systems for almost 50 years. A1 is now a proud Daikin Comfort Pro preferred dealer. Daikin Comfort pros are the most well recognized HVAC mechanics in the world. Also, Daikin is ...
Looking for Gas Line Installation pros in Mississauga?