While the quality of the actual stairs that were supplied are fine, this companies performance in all other areas left something to be desired.
- Were very late in arriving onsite to take measurements, and when I finally called they apologized in that Gus had been caught in a traffic nightmare. I have no issue with the fact that traffic caused an issue, rather the point was: where is the communication?
- On the day of the agreed installation, no one showed up. I called, left a message and the call was never returned. Ever!
- The next day I called and confirmed a new installation date, and again they were late. It was only when I called did they provide an update and an alternative time.
- Upon arrival for the installation, Marcelo pointed out that there were a number of structural deficiencies with the framing, joists and headers around the existing stairwell - much appreciated!
- After the removal of the old stairs and the installation of the new stairs the deficient structure shifted significantly and may have rendered the situation unsafe. Yes, Marcelo put in a few screws to after the fact to hold it together, however should remedial action not have been taken before the removal of the stairs was initiated? I think so.
- The crew finished up and departed without any sort of review of the situation. The attached pictures is how things were left.
- I reviewed the situation with Rocio the next day and was told that the installation was "well done" and "done properly" Since this is a home and not a construction site, I had expected a finished installation, rather than one that required a final visit by a carpenter completely nail in the top riser and to install a nosing.
Yes, it's a 110 year old house that is not square, and that was not constructed to today's standards - it's not going to be be perfect. Nonetheless, all other high quality trades I have used so far have adapted, discussed, and worked around these types of issues - with a lot of communications - so that the end result was always complete, and a significant improvement over what the situation was before they started - including limitations dictated by the issues surrounding an older house.
in summary: The quality of the stairs themselves are good. Very poor communication and ability to adjust/ adapt to non-standard situations.